Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,081 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism (7351 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Sahara Reporters Accuse Buhari Of Tribalism Over NIMASA DG Controversy / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
[size=16pt]My Experience attending the trial of Ibori's associates.[/size]

I have been observing comments and differing accounts of Nigerians as the trial of three women associated with the former governor of Delta State James Ibori started at the Southwark Crown Court in London last week.
Let me begin by saying that some Nigerians have an absolute culture of shamelessness!!! from what I observed in court last week - and statements/comments by Nigerians - we do most certainly have some shameless people.

Remorseless mistress, Udoamaka on parade

People who believe it is alright to steal and flaunt it and why not? when you have Ovation, Bisi Olatilo, Entertainer, City People etc. glorifying them regularly in their publications and some Nigerians rolling over to kiss their feet for a few crumbs from the table - why should they feel any shame? Have we made them to feel what they do is wrong? In the UK here they are wined and dined (with the hard earned money they make from their various 9-5 jobs) by the same people they have sent into involuntary exile, all for a photo opportunity or to boast "oh, I was with so-so-so and so yesterday" and if they are lucky they get given some small change and numbers in Naija to call so they can come and see them at the government house.

Societal misfits have turned some Nigerians into slaves, international area boys and babi-ala's overnight!!! They come up with the most ludicrous statements/comments in support of these people, even right here now, someone is going to leap to his keyboard and provide us some worn out nonsense. The ones I can't stand are the Nigerians or non-Nigerians who claim that we need to be "objective" in cases as clear-cut as those of the Ibori's playing out in the UK. Or the category I refer to as the "About to Chop Chop (ACC)", the ones who start every comment with, " i have never met him/her before or benefitted" from blah, blah, blah, but, let me say that- say what exactly? So why should they feel shame?

The Driver

[b]I was in court on last Friday, September 25. I arrived in court late morning and sat outside because the courtroom was full. Outside court was a young guy, I will say mid to late twenties dressed like a Michael Jackson wannabe - you could tell this guy either refused to attend school or school refused him. Anyway, there I was sitting jejely when this guy made a call to someone (I don't know who) he started by saying the court is full of Yoruba people and the press, he doesn't know which one concern press for the matter or Yoruba people, he just wishes the judge will throw the case out and let them all go home (by this time I was seething). He continued his nonsense - this is just political, Obj is behind it, Obj has it in for Ibori because Ibori stopped him from being life president. Was Ibori the only gov, why didn't they concentrate on the Yoruba thieves in our midst and leave Delta people alone? He expected they would win the case because they had 3 barristers and 5 solicitors all being paid £1million each (now I wonder how Ibori's mistress, sister and Pogoson can afford to pay defence counsel £1m?) They were planning a protest, they will come and show people here.[/b]

Ibori's nephew

Anyway, he got off the phone eventually and I began MY OWN conversation. I stated that they are all going down! These people who have deprived thousands of people basic facilities and caused so many deaths, God in heaven will make them pay, first here in court and in the after life. Their children, accomplices, supporters etc will pay, for depriving children of life, children they have condemned even from the womb! How can a common crook, convicted twice already in the UK turn out to be gov in Nigeria? Well, there must be an end to this and this case is just the beginning. We will chase them till they know the UK is no longer a safe haven to hide their loot. We are also waiting for their protest, we will meet them there, their disgrace will be complete. I said it is sad that even someone who doesn't look like a $ has passed through his life is here defending such gross violation of his people's trust (well, he should know I was referring to him).

The thug who assaulted Dare Lasisi on Monday

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3815:my-experience-attending-the-trial-of-iboris-associates&catid=69:gbloggers&Itemid=195
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by skfa1: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
Na wah o
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by babapupa: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2009
The nephew take style resemble Beaf,
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Beaf: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2009
These people are fools. Lets see how they will escape jail in the UK. Bloodsuckers!
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Beaf: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
babapupa:

The nephew take style resemble Beaf,

You are the next person penned down for a drive to Warri. grin
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2009

Imagine this common criminal posing for pictures when she is being tried for stealing our money. We don eat shit for this Nigeria.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2009

Let somebody ask this one if Yoruba people asked his uncle to steal money and siphon them outside the country with his mistress.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by naijaking1: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Imagine this common criminal posing for pictures when she is being tried for stealing our money. We don eat shit for this Nigeria.

Aloy.Emeka, how many times you post this lady picture
Just can't stop looking at big ikebe?
Well, you're not the only one who thinks she's fine, even Ibori thinks so too.
Is there any law that prohibits people accused for stealing money from not posing for pictures?
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by bawomolo(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2009
^^

It would be awkward if she was posing in front of the courthouse. That's some wacko jacko stuff.

The Nephew's barber should be sentenced to death by a sharia court
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by nrdgeek: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2009
Well, since Lady Justice's eyes are opened in Naija, we no go mind see correct trial of all these Scallywags who have looted the Nations treasury embarassed embarassed embarassed
The dude in the cartoon would now be Ibori , u get the picture?

Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by OAM4J: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
rubbish. embarassed shocked angry
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
naijaking1:

Aloy.Emeka, how many times you post this lady picture
Just can't stop looking at big ikebe?
Well, you're not the only one who thinks she's fine, even Ibori thinks so too.
Is there any law that prohibits people accused for stealing money from not posing for pictures?
She is annoying. Whether she is innocent or guilty, she should show some decorum. She is posing for pictures as what?. As a star who successfully laundered our money or what?. When gbese go land for her head now, she will start screaming Jesus save me. No evil goes unpunished.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
bawomolo:

^^

It would be awkward if she was posing in front of the courthouse.  That's some wacko jacko stuff.

The Nephew's barber should be sentenced to death by a sharia court

Na Mohawk style dey en vogue for UK guys. All of them come back here with that nonsense for their head. Ghananians living in London are more notorious for mohawks tho.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2009
wetin concern agbero with overload, court is open to everybody to attend.why is she crying out criticizing yoruba for her wahala, anyhow i dont blame her,democracy tolerates rubbish.you can imagine her posing for a paparazzi.she's lucky sharia is not practised in the west,else,she would have lost her two hands.Or Na yoruba people help her launder her brother loot, Abeg free mi jare!
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by AloyEmeka9: 3:59am On Oct 03, 2009
It's not the lady who accuses Yorubas, it's the man with funny hair style.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Beaf: 5:51am On Oct 03, 2009
The fool. Make somebody use beta slap re-arrange dat useless hair style.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by rhymz(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2009
Stupid idiots,the law is going to catch up with she and her ex-convict boyfriend,make she no worry very soon she go moon-walk into jail by the time the trials are over.Forget the i-don't-give-a-pose,the criminal woman is crying inside silently and bitterly,she knows very soon she will be serving doing time and the hardened criminal will go and Bleep another prostitute like her again.Fool! she had better start spitting what she has may be with a plea bargain she can serve a lesser jail term,Oh Bleep me!How could i ve 4gotten,this isn't nigerian or the US legal system,plea bargain?I doubt they do that in the Uk,oh Boy!The Biach is in deep shit,I see a long jail term,LovePeddler can pose for pics for all she wants but Biach must do time(lol).
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 03, 2009
Abeg, when is the next hearing? and where?

I wan go there myself and i won't be going alone. I'll take my camera along.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by semid4lyfe(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2009
I ain't surprised. The average Nigerian is very tribalistic and will always see issues thru' 'tribal' eyes.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by MrCrackles(m): 9:05am On Oct 03, 2009
semid4lyfe:

I ain't surprised. The average Nigerian is very tribalistic and will always see issues thru' 'tribal' eyes.
Bang on point. . .
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Nezan(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2009
Nigerians are born tribalists, no doubt about that!
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by bayo1(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2009
It's not the lady who accuses Yorubas, it's the man with funny hair style.

Aloy.Emeka, please get the spelling/pronunciation right. It is not Yor[b]o[/b]ba, it is Yor[b]u[/b]ba.  Just a point of correction. Well done.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by sjeezy8: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2009
^^^^ dont mind him he likes to do that on purpose.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by rhymz(m): 9:37am On Oct 03, 2009
Sjeezy,U re guilty as well,Emeka has corrected several times when U refer to igbo as ibo,wat did U do?u continued now U wanna cry blue murder.Guy abeg relax,U re just as guilty biko!
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2009
This is absolutely incredible.When nigerians are guilty,they lv to shift blame.firstly, where is nuhu ribadu,farida waziri&yar adua from.Where is aandoaka from? Are dey not the ones prosecuting ibori for offences he actually committed?(stealing) How does this concern yorubas?This is to show u that some nigerians are FRIVOLOUS.bode george&ayo fayose are fasing prosecution for corruption,Hav they accused any tribe of being responsible?God will allow corrupt pple rot in hell(AMEN)
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by r231(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2009
toba:

This is absolutely incredible.When nigerians are guilty,they lv to shift blame.firstly, where is nuhu ribadu,farida waziri&yar adua from.Where is aandoaka from? Are dey not the ones prosecuting ibori for offences he actually committed?(stealing) How does this concern yorubas?This is to show u that some nigerians are FRIVOLOUS.bode george&ayo fayose are fasing prosecution for corruption,Hav they accused any tribe of being responsible?God will allow corrupt pple rot in hell(AMEN)

Amen
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by sjeezy8: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2009
rhymz:

Sjeezy,U re guilty as well,Emeka has corrected several times when U refer to igbo as ibo,wat did U do?u continued now U wanna cry blue murder.Guy abeg relax,U re just as guilty biko!

sharrup yo dirty mouth jo

una dey craze full time. Sjeezy has been stopped spelling igbo like ibo, e no even matter sef.

Just as long as omo nna babes dey, im cool cool

aloy can spell yoruba like yurubah if he wants, i dont give a damn. It doesnt matter to me anymore
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by PastorOla1: 9:56am On Oct 03, 2009
the young man should know that the case at hand is bigger than tribalism , what we are saying here is that money ment 4 the development of delta state was missused, stolen, and siphon and went into wrong hands. he should also compare the population of the yorubas in uk with that of other tribes from nigeria. statement like this can work against him in the near future.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by r231(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2009
these people should be lock up for ever, dumb ass fool, left to me ibori should be stone to death.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by ono(m): 10:11am On Oct 03, 2009
But when are we going to stone OBJ, IBB, and others to death for their misdeeds? Just wondering.
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2009
toba:

Have you been drinking early in the morning again?

Where did you see Waziri, Yaradua and Aondoakaa prosecuting Ibori?

Do you follow the news at all before you decided to comment today?
Re: Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism by lonewolf: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2009
Mumu dey. I take offence to being referred to as, "Yoruba". That's number one.

Number two: By now, it is clear that Ibori is nothing but a petty criminal who got lucky. Having stolen state funds and engaged in money laundering, does it not follow that he be persecuted?

This family is a useless family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Pledges Job Creation, Revival Of Ajaokuta / PIX: See What Vanguard Newspaper Posted / President Tinubu To Attend 78th UN General Assembly In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.