Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children (5586 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? / Keyamo,wife Fight Over Custody Of Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by Grange: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2009
@Olanajim, Festus is a rogue Jehovah's Witness grin. But me think we should hear both sides of the stories . I mean we ought to hear his story and the wife's story before we can say anything cheesy. Even Jehovah's witnesses permit divorce where either party to a marriage has committed adultery smiley. They also permit separation where the conduct of a party to a marriage puts the physical and spiritual life of the other party in jeopardy smiley.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by Epiphany(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Is Keyamo the only womanizer in Anthony village?

No.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by spikedcylinder: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
Its so sad when children get caught in the middle of these kinds of mess. undecided
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka9: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2009
olanajim:

under normal circumstance, his action shouldnt be an issue. But with his Jehovah witness faith and his status as civil defender, he has shown that he is living a double life. Obj is a womanizer and dump his wife at will. In spite of his own admission, he was not spared of public outburst. Kenyamo should let us know who he really is. His real identity is still being enshrouded by controversy.

That said, I dont think with his background as a legal thug, he is fit to take custody of any children. Only a foolish judge would grant his request

Marital infidelity is not a measure of one's personality in Africa. You are judging an African issue from a Western perspective. In some African cultures, one receives more awards for marrying as many women as possible. If marital infidelity is an issue, the likes of Abiola and Obasanjo wouldn't have been presidential aspirants.

Gani fought for human rights almost all his life but carefully closed his eyes on the issue of female rights because he had 3 wives.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by Epiphany(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Marital infidelity is not a measure of one's personality in Africa. You are judging an African issue from a Western perspective. In some African cultures, one receives more awards for marrying as many women as possible. If marital infidelity is an issue, the likes of Abiola and Obasanjo wouldn't have been presidential aspirants.

Gani fought for human rights almost all his life but carefully closed his eyes on the issue of female rights because he had 3 wives.

But on the other hand, the African society of today does not 'explicitely' promote this infidelity like it used to in the past. It is highly unbecoming for a public official to be known as a 'woman wrapper'. If this is done in private, people may turn a blind eye to this weakness but when it is openly flaunted, it is considered a shameful thing. Being married to more than one woman is allowed of course (due to religious and traditional values), but to be known philanderer is a no-no. Even many educated traditionalists and religious individuals (who are allowed the opportunity of as many as 4 or more wives) chose to have only one

Although Abiola and Obasanjo were presidential aspirants, their fickle relationships to and with women was often a thing of shame. We have all read and heard statements pertaining to . . . 'how can we trust our nation into the hands of men who cannot control their immediate families'? We have also seen what their infidelity did to the families they have or left behind. Even women who had no relationship with Abiola are trying to claim some inheritance. Obj's son is fighting Obj over Obj's alleged relationship with Obj's son's wife. Imagine such blasphemy. . .all because Africa and Africans allow men to have numerous wives and girlfriends

Another example of this is President Jacob Zuma of SA who has 6 or more wives. His attitude to women is also very shameful. We all know what he suffered at one time or the other too!
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by olanajim(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
@alloy,
Since when has marital infidelity become exclusive African character? And since when has being African become a justification for cordoning marital infidelity?

Look at the people you mentioned, MKO never deny he is a womanizer. And everybody know. Same with Obj and others. My own point with Festus is that as "Jehovah witness" he has more question marks over his head than those who are self-confessed womanizers. If you know what Jehovah witness creeds are you will understand why I said he is living a double life. So far, I have not seen him admits he has weakness with women.

All I know is that many people fails when they fail in their homes there is always a prize for every womanizers regardless of their status. . . .
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
olanajim:

@alloy,
Since when has marital infidelity become exclusive African character? And since when has being African become a justification for cordoning marital infidelity?

Look at the people you mentioned, MKO never deny he is a womanizer. And everybody know. Same with Obj and others.

They don't need to deny it. Their record is there for all and sundry. I can't remember Obasanjo accepting anywhere that he is very randy. As a matter of fact, it has never been an issue in Nigerian polity. You can have 500 wives for all we care as long as you delegate your responsibilities excellently. I do not support polygamy, all I am saying is that cheating by a man does not make waves in Africa like it does in the west.

My own point with Festus is that as "Jehovah  witness" he has more question marks over his head than those who are self-confessed womanizers. If you know what Jehovah witness creeds are you will understand why I said he is living a double life. So far, I have not seen him admits he has weakness with women.

All I know is that many people fails when they fail in their homes there is always a prize for every womanizers regardless of their status. . . .

Is he a practicing Jehovah's wickedness?. Obasanjo too is an anglican and last time I checked, they do not allow polygamy . Why didn't you judge him with his own faith?. Abiola married plenty women as a christian later became a muslim because of money and married more with concubines. If we judge him from the Islamic point of view, he was supposed to have only four wives yet he had almost 100. Why not judge him with his religious faith?.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
Epiphany:

But on the other hand, the African society of today does not 'explicitely' promote this infidelity like it used to in the past. It is highly unbecoming for a public official to be known as a 'woman wrapper'. If this is done in private, people may turn a blind eye to this weakness but when it is openly flaunted, it is considered a shameful thing. Being married to more than one woman is allowed of course (due to religious and traditional values), but to be known philanderer is a no-no. Even many educated traditionalists and religious individuals (who are allowed the opportunity of as many as 4 or more wives) chose to have only one

Although Abiola and Obasanjo were presidential aspirants, their fickle relationships to and with women was often a thing of shame. We have all read and heard statements pertaining to . . . 'how can we trust our nation into the hands of men who cannot control their immediate families'?  We have also seen what their infidelity did to the families they have or left behind. Even women who had no relationship with Abiola are trying to claim some inheritance. Obj's son is fighting Obj over Obj's alleged relationship with Obj's son's wife. Imagine such blasphemy. . .all because Africa and Africans allow men to have numerous wives and girlfriends

Another example of this is President Jacob Zuma of SA who has 6 or more wives. His attitude to women is also very shameful. We all know what he suffered at one time or the other too!

Not among Nigerians. It's a thing of shame in Europe and Americas but not in Africa. Nigerians want a damn food, electricity, jobs etc and will careless if you are married to 500 mami waters.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by Epiphany(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
Aloy`Emeka:

Not among Nigerians. It's a thing of shame in Europe and Americas but not in Africa. Nigerians want a damn food, electricity, jobs etc and will careless if you are married to 500 mami waters.

Haba Aloy, we are not that bad o. Nigerians frown at that kind of life, where men cannot control their 'private parts' and jump around town sleeping with girls and women! We can take a simple poll from the discussants of this topic.

Yes, we want those basic amenities that you have mentioned BUT we also want leaders that maintain a form of decorum when it concerns women and family life.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2009
Haba Epiphany, we are that hungry o. We need food, jobs, road, energy and water and will care less how many women yaradua is sleeping with every night. That is the least of our problems. grin grin
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
Keyamo is a liar –Wife • No, I’m a responsible father, he counters
By OLA AGBAJE and FAITH HASSAN

Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Lagos High Court, Ikeja, was stunned on Tuesday as wife of Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, branded him a liar. Irene Angela Keyamo made the allegation while testifying in an application seeking for access to the two children of the wedlock brought by Keyamo.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/7/506.html

Looking rather calm and unfazed, Mrs. Keyamo told the court that the human rights activist had not been acting as a responsible father to his children.

However, Keyamo countered that contrary to the petition of his wife, he had been responsible for the welfare of his children while claiming that he had spent fortunes on them but that the money was not properly utilized.

Giving her testimony, Mrs. Keyamo explained to the court how both she and the children had suffered neglect in the hands of her husband.

“It is quite unfortunate because everything he has said here are all lies. I have been begging him to be responsible. Festus has never sent any money.

“In a text message he sent to me, he threatened me that when the children are of age, they will know their father. It was last April that I called him on a Father’s Day. He now said he wants to see the children. He sent N50, 000 to me and said he wanted to see the children.

“We agreed that he will see them at Mr Biggs. It was even raining that day. Another time he called me, he said I should bring the children to the normal meeting place and I did,” Irene said.

While giving further testimony, the respondent told the court that she had never denied the petitioner access to the children but she said that whatever they want to do concerning the children’s schools she wanted to be carried along.

“I am ready to go with him for the registration even if it is for one week. Ask him how many children he has. Has he taken care of them? I cannot allow another woman or houseboy to take care of my children. He has to come personally to come and pick the children not the houseboy or driver.

“I have never denied him responsibility. All I’m saying is that we should do things together. He should take responsibility for their clothing, education and welfare,” she said.

However, Keyamo insisted that he had always been a responsible father. In his words:

“I have spent millions on the children. I cannot be spending millions and not see them at least from Saturday to Sunday. I only want them in a better school. The schools are listed in my application.

“In my affidavit, I put the amount and the time I sent money to them for the upper term fees. But they didn’t deny it in their affidavit. They slashed the money and put the kids in slum schools at Ketu. I intend to put them in Harley-field School.

“I paid for their medical expenses and bought them clothes the last time I went to California. But they returned the clothes under the excuse that the children had too many clothes,” he said.

In her response, Mrs. Keyamo said that her husband used to send clothes through his doctor who gives her one skirt or one suit on each visit which is not what the children need.

In her ruling, the trial judge, Justice Elfreda Williams-Dawodu, held that both parents have rights to the children until proven otherwise and directed that both Keyamo and his wife should attend to the children’s registration at Harley-field school together between today and tomorrow till it is concluded.

She also ruled that the children remain in the custody of their mother pending the determination of the petition.

Justice Williams-Dawodu directed that the petitioner be allowed to have access to his children every fortnight beginning from this Saturday at 12pm with the children to be returned the following day, Sunday. This, according to her, will continue until the petition is determined.

Further hearing on the petition will commence in November 11, 2009.

Keyamo had dragged his wife before the court in an application alleging denial of access to his children by the wife. He, among other reliefs, prayed the court to grant an order allowing him to transfer the children to a “better-rated” school and that they be allowed to stay with him for two days pending the completion of their registration before they are returned to their mother.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by olanajim(m): 1:38am On Oct 08, 2009
can a responsible man earning millions toss 50k at his wife for children upkeep? For the ex wife to call him a liar show that he has no honour. Anyway, i just hope they resolve the madness fast. You see, regardless of the outcome, it is the wife that will suffer. People will soon forget it. The wife cant marry again. But keyamo will Bleep again. He has done it before and will do it again. I am sorry for the wife.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2009
For Once, I disagree with you Olanajim. Why cant the woman remarry? She is young and beautiful and intelligent. Its her decision to decide to marry or remain single, but beleive me, if she wants to she will. Its sad and archaic to make that kind of statement. Your last statement was a real disappointment to me.
olanajim:

can a responsible man earning millions toss 50k at his wife for children upkeep? For the ex wife to call him a liar show that he has no honour. Anyway, i just hope they resolve the madness fast. You see, regardless of the outcome, it is the wife that will suffer. People will soon forget it. The wife cant marry again. But keyamo will mess again. He has done it before and will do it again. I am sorry for the wife.

WHile i agree with you that Keyamo is a sleeze with no honor, i ask you to retract your statement. Single mothers, Dicorced and widowed women remarry everyday, and so will Isioma if she so plaeses.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
We don't know who is useless between Keyamo and his wife. His wife may be the devil here.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by olanajim(m): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2009
hmmm, are you keyamo's brother?
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka3: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2009
No. It doesn't mean he should be crucified if he is innocent.
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by GEW: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2009
Aloy`Emeka:

No. It doesn't mean he should be crucified if he is innocent.
u know u are right even though i am not supposed to say it. you say it as it is
Re: Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children by AloyEmeka6: 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2009
I speak truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerians Raise Their Children / Meet The Mexican Man Who Was Born With 2 Heads, See His Photos / Let's Not Embrace Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.