Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? (657 Views)

How To Undo Already Sent Mail On Gmail / 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Tomjazzy2: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
This has really got me thinking. Like we all know the benefits of making use of the voice mail service.

Apart from the fact that it takes your calls in the event that you are indisposed to picking it, it also spares your callers the stress of having to be redialing your number when ever it's either unavailable or switched off.

Personally, I find it very nauseating and frustrating when ever I want to reach some one, but for some reasons, the number is unavailable, and I can't even drop that urgent message.

In most countries, subscribers always make use of this important feature. So, I'm wondering why it's different in this part of the world.

What could be the problem or challenges with the voice mail service in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by EHMIR(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
No time to check timegrin

nigerians nor get time to dey follow computer dey yan,na why people no dey subscribe to am be that,u get that opsad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Tomjazzy2: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
EHMIR:

nigerians nor get time to dey follow computer dey yan,na why people no dey subscribe to am be that,u get that opsad

A quick question for you. How do you know those that tried contacting you via your mobile when your digits were unavailable?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Greenback: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
EHMIR:

nigerians nor get time to dey follow computer dey yan,na why people no dey subscribe to am be that,u get that op

aboki zombie know wetin be computer?
grin

Op,its kinda outdated o.. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Tomjazzy2: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
Greenback:

aboki zombie know wetin be computer?
grin

Op,its kinda outdated o.. cool

Really? So, what's en vogue undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by 2kurupt(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
Dropping the voicemail is not really the problem but then how sure are you that the recipient knows how to access the voicemail? Illiteracy aside, an enlightened recipient may be impatient to get your record message too.

I think most Nigerians will rather settle for text messages if called numbers are unreachable than voicemail.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Greenback: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

Really? So, what's en vogue undecided
i said kinda..and reason being that everybody is OTG.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Using Voice Mail Services? by Whizpeter(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Abeg who get time for voicemail?? Just drop a message if its urgent and important!!

If you drop an important message in a Nigerian voicemail, be rest assured that you've wasted ya time!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good News For App Developers To Become Famous / Urgent Help Needed / Infinix Zero 2GB Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.