Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,015 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity (32663 Views)

Innoson Gives IVM G5, Salary For Life To Man Who Prophesied His Car Business / Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV / Nigerian Army Cars Produced By Innoson Motors Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by texazzpete(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Innoson gets a substantial amount of tax breaks and incentives from the FG already.

Ina time of recession, it is tough to ask the FG to subsidize a private business that has hurt itself through poor business practices of relying on govt handouts.

I mean, you couldn't even find a single showroom for innoson consumer vehicles in Lagos until some months ago. This is not the hallmark of a serious company.

I find it amusing that there's so much rhetoric that the FG should bail out innoson. Is there anything stopping the south east governors from pooling together a development and investment fund to invest in innoson?

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by celestialAgent(m): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
freshvine:

Let me help your ignorance.

TOYOTA CAMRY is a Japanese model.

It might interest you that only engine is formulated and made by Toyota Japan. Every other parts from radio, tyre, glasses, battery, spark plugs etc are manufactured by different companies.

Motor corporation are known to couple vehicles made according to their specifications
Your gullbility is legendary!

Can you justify why the car "Toyota Camry" is not named after the radio,tyre,battery or the plug production company?

In a conventional environment, a product is named after the company that produce the engines since other parts are minor. So why should a car be named Innoson Product if the major part (engine) is Toyota, Kia or whatever?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by celestialAgent(m): 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
erico2k2:

Just to make you realize you are very silly, name one car manufacturer who manufacture %50 of its own part i said %50 to make it a bit easy for you.By the way I aint tribalistic as well cos I aint from the East.
Refer to the response I gave above.

ASININE
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamDaisy:
2steps forward 10steps back that's the Nigerian way! cry cry

I have never been to your profile page. I have not seen your profile pic. Just being clear.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by celestialAgent(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Clinton9000:

Why are you yorubaas like this
? God...I have never seen hate and envy come out of a people like you people. This same hypocrite will not say anything when Dangote gets $800 million in exchange rate. Same thing happened to Ibeto, he was denied nearly $350 million in exchange but when he went to source it outside of Nigeria, the same federal government seized his goods, demanding where he got the dollar from. You yorubass are the biggest enemy of the Igbos not even devil. You people need help.
Quit being tribalistic! This is an issue that concerns me and you as a Nigerian.

At this time, we need creativity to make something from our many raw materials for exports (be it common bolt and nuts). Not some heavy expenses on importation from the insufficient forex.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by SupaTee: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=celestialAgent post=48964178]I'm not supprised.

Innoson has never occured to me as a car manufacturing company but a car part compilation company. Hence the reason for reliance on forex to import the parts to be coupled...

let's not embrace dependency, we need real productions!

Before you quote me, bear in mind that i'm not tribalistic, this is channelled at all Nigerians..[/quote

Ur ignorance abt manufacturing is overlapping....samsung phones use android os, is d os ders?

Innoson has never occured to me as a car manufacturing company but a car part compilation company. Hence the reason for reliance on forex to import the parts to be coupled...

Before you quote me, bear in mind that i'm not tribalistic, this is channelled at all Nigerians..[/quote

Ur ignorance abt manufacturing is overlapping....samsung phones use android os, is d os ders?

same applies to other manufacturing coys. They buy some materials frm other coys. Even akara seller dey buy waterproof no mean say na u fry d akara

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by timilehin007(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ezechinwa:

the more companies fold the more masses get affected, so be careful what you wish for

We have been scam by this administration. We are forcefully receiving our changes for what we bought at the pooling booth

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by celestialAgent(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
adconline:

And what has anybody in your lineage built? How many people have you employed?
For over over 30 years, Dangote imported commodities like rice, sugar, cement, flour etc into Naija with generous govt support. So to suggest that import is a bad thing means that Dangote did a lot of bad things as well. BTW, no country actually manufactures cars 100%. Several components come from different countries. U.S. engine maker, Cummins, doesn't make any vehicle, but its engines are used by US, Japanese, Chinese , Indian and EU manufacturers,
It is obvious your intel is a failure. Deadbeat

You should question the relevance of your lineage, not mine.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by adconline(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
celestialAgent:

Can you justify why the car "Toyota Camry" is not named after the radio,tyre,battery or the plug production company?

In a conventional environment, a product is named after the company that produce the engines since other parts are minor. So why should a car be named Innoson Product if the major part (engine) is Toyota, Kia or whatever?
False.. Dodge Ram in the US is powered by Cummins and Allison transmission. Tata cars are powered by Fiat, Cummins, AVL of Austria. Stop trying to dash ignorance!!

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by adconline(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
celestialAgent:
It is obvious your intel is a failure. Deadbeat

You should question the relevance of your lineage, not mine.
Cos your added value or lack thereof is sophisticated ignorance!!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by bashydemy1: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
divide9ja:
[size=13pt] By the time Buhari don finis with Nigeria, nothing go remain [/size]

Did this pictures look familiar to you at all? if not you should that's the beginning of the dollar problem in Nigeria...

I wonder how someone contesting for re election started giving out $20.000 each to people in the of buying their support..

What is it profit a man to waste billion of dollars on election and still lost. Shame on GEJ

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by celestialAgent(m): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=SupaTee post=48968628][/quote]OS is just a minor component of a device.

What defines Samsung products is the motherboard which is produce by Samsung. Same goes with Apple, HTC e.t.c.

So why should a company that only Import and couple stuffs name the products under her?

Ignoramus

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by bashydemy1: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
DjAndroid:
burukutu-sipping,gworo-chewing, daura dull.ard.... grin grin grin grin grin

Did this pictures look familiar to you at all? if not you should that's the beginning of the dollar problem in Nigeria...

I wonder how someone contesting for re election started giving out $20.000 each to people in the of buying their support..

What is it profit a man to waste billion of dollars on election and still lost. Shame on GEJ

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by somegirl1: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

But the big guys have the ability to do so.

Anyway....if Innoson wanted to solve his forex problems....he had to have been a large volume manufacturer of cars. It is that simple.

So he should manufacture in large volume when patronage is low?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by erico2k2(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
oluwaahmed:

Do u tink innoson cannot produce engine 4rm scratch? Wat is even der 2 produce engine? Pls go 2 good polys and see wat boys R doin, or even go 2 arts & craft centre 2 see tins urself. Dis guy av u even seen wat a car manufacturin plant looks like b4? Do u tink it's a couple of laborers tightin screws & losin bolts? Why hasn't toyota or Honda established a factory in nigeria? Even Nissan dat is a well known manufacturer is even couplin her cars here in 9ja. Dese brands hav factories in Asia, Europe America & in SA yet dey run 4rm 9ja because of no electricity. Ha! I actually wld luv 2 say more but u sound a Lil unenlightened. Let me operate wit sme1 of d same level of reasonin
He cannot, quote me anywhere, No country in Africa can as it stands, teh required funds for research is too much for most entrepreneurs in Africa, it requires Billions of Dollars.That man has not that kind of money to pay for such research.
Dont forget you also have to build teh machines that will build the Engines.He should start with things as simple as welding machine then I will give your suggestion a thought my friend.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by BobUg28(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Buhari's lack of economic initiative have killed this country. Smh...God please come to our aid.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by erico2k2(m): 12:01am On Sep 01, 2016
celestialAgent:
Refer to the response I gave above.

ASININE
Someone already did that for me upstairs,do nt you feel silly yet?
well let me add more, check teh rover 600, its powered by Honda accord Engine,the Rover 75 2000 model is powered by a BMW 5 series Engine,
or do you want to go to the range rover/Jaguar? or the Boeing 747 powered by Rolls Roys Engine? is ur Ignorance clearer to you now?
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by manny4life(m): 12:21am On Sep 01, 2016
celestialAgent:

Wonderful... Going by your logic, Boeing uses mainly GE Engines and Airbus mainly RR engines. Question: why aren't all the Boeing variants named after GE engines considering the engines are the single most expensive component on an aircraft?

This foolishness cannot continue for too long, please stop. I don't know what "conventional environment" you're talking about, if you do, please let us know because there isn't any generally accepted principle on how a product should be named.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Fawklicant: 12:46am On Sep 01, 2016
oluwaahmed:

U cldnt hav said It any better. We hav small children evrywer on social media dat Dnt bother 2 chk history dats y sme1 like buhari can cme bk again 2 rule dis country. Anyway leme not tuk 2 much dis 1 deir arrestin pple on social media 4 airin deir view(see d typa democracy we now practicin?)
#antiestablishment

As in enh! The man has been in heaven since all through successive govts. Only God knows how much tax rebates he has been enjoying over the years. It is unfair. The system cannot continue to be rigged in a certain group of people's favor always. It has got to stop.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Abagworo(m): 12:47am On Sep 01, 2016
It's self explanatory

In an economy starved of dollars because of the slump in
oil prices, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) cannot
buy imported components, leaving the buses without
engines – a metaphor for the problems afflicting Africa’s
most populous nation.

The easiest solution to our economic crisis is to stop importation and manage what we produce. Oil money is awoof that comes and goes hence the false life we've been living. I believe with the approach of Buhari team we shall make better use of future opportunities. Our economy is not only suffering because of oil crash but withdrawal of investments by former government cronies who might not deem it fit to remain with e paradigm shift.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Fawklicant: 1:00am On Sep 01, 2016
texazzpete:
Innoson gets a substantial amount of tax breaks and incentives from the FG already.

Ina time of recession, it is tough to ask the FG to subsidize a private business that has hurt itself through poor business practices of relying on govt handouts.

I mean, you couldn't even find a single showroom for innoson consumer vehicles in Lagos until some months ago. This is not the hallmark of a serious company.

I find it amusing that there's so much rhetoric that the FG should bail out innoson. Is there anything stopping the south east governors from pooling together a development and investment fund to invest in innoson?

The challenge is not lack of funds but limited forex. The SE govts do not mint dollars. The federal govt while placing restrictions on forex supply, freely and dubiously provides same to one individual. Approximately 10% of the nations forex earnings are given to one person alone at official rates (most likely less). Importers and manufacturers cannot sustain activity at black market rates and even if they attempt it, there is not enough forex in circulation either in the parrallel market. Govt officials corner the little available forex meant for BDC operators and round trip for personal gains. It is a catch 22 situation for manufacturers and importers.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by DjAndroid: 1:09am On Sep 01, 2016
bashydemy1:

I'm neither GEJ's fan nor Buhari’s. all we advocate for is good governance. simple!

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Fawklicant: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Abagworo:
It's self explanatory

The easiest solution to our economic crisis is to stop importation and manage what we produce. Oil money is awoof that comes and goes hence the false life we've been living. I believe with the approach of Buhari team we shall make better use of future opportunities. Our economy is not only suffering because of oil crash but withdrawal of investments by former government cronies who might not deem it fit to remain with e paradigm shift.

Rehash of same old sentiments. Power generation and distribution is zilch. Incentives for small scale enterprises is zilch. Security is zilch. Education and infrastructural development is zilch. Forex for manufacturers to import components is zilch. How are manufacturers going to cope? Reducing dependence on imports is a good thing if done the right way and timely. You do not collapse the entire structure in one fell swoop and tell people to endure just because you are immune to the effects generated by your callousness!

Sell me something new!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by adconline(m): 1:26am On Sep 01, 2016
manny4life:

Wonderful... Going by your logic, Boeing uses mainly GE Engines and Airbus mainly RR engines. Question: why aren't all the Boeing variants named after GE engines considering the engines are the single most expensive component on an aircraft?

This foolishness cannot continue for too long, please stop. I don't know what "conventional environment" you're talking about, if you do, please let us know because there isn't any generally accepted principle on how a product should be named.

Thank you!!
Cult-like following of sophisticated ignorance. Why is it that the most ignorant folks are usually the most audacious and boisterous in Naija?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by ebby9z(m): 1:26am On Sep 01, 2016
But then the article is a foreign article. The tone is heavily demeaning and intended to ridicule. We know our problems, we don't need their racist articles. That's how the media portrayed everything Brazil did during the Olympic poorly.Moreover, every country goes thru recession. Pls, next!
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Fawklicant: 1:32am On Sep 01, 2016
erico2k2:

He cannot, quote me anywhere, No country in Africa can as it stands, teh required funds for research is too much for most entrepreneurs in Africa, it requires Billions of Dollars.That man has not that kind of money to pay for such research.
Dont forget you also have to build teh machines that will build the Engines.He should start with things as simple as welding machine then I will give your suggestion a thought my friend.

Too much CNN is deceiving this one. Your assertion above is not only preposterous, but ludicrous. Billions of dollars? Hehehe! Bros! Easy on the hashish mehn! Research costs money but nothing out of the ordinary like you make it seem. New machines will not be built, only new moulds for existing machines. It is all about modifying operational principles most of the time and not about complete change of processes,

For example, a 6 cylinder engine vs a 6 cylinder dual inline plug system engine. The former uses 6 plugs with each piston firing a plug per cylinder while the latter uses 12 plugs with each cylinder firing 2 plugs thereby doubling its efficiency. Same base technology(pistons, plugs etal) same production machines, different moulds.

Besides there are numerous ways to fund a research of that scale and it can also be done in partnerships without one party having exclusivity of ownership of the technology.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by Fawklicant: 1:35am On Sep 01, 2016
manny4life:

You have time to respond to that guy. His display of ignorance is nauseating. I try to ignore folks like that who are beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by amazingspiderma: 2:17am On Sep 01, 2016
adconline:

How can you build Ajaokuta when power generation was 0MW?
Producing steel is less proprietary technology than manufacturing car engines!! Also, how many Naija universities offer automotive engineering and design?!
you nailed it.

Nigerians always dream of buildings without first thinking of foundation.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by tdayof(m): 3:53am On Sep 01, 2016
Ghost447:
Have you ever check a complete engine of other brand of cars? All the parts are not usually manufactured in one country. Even televisions, some of the parts are manufactured in another country. My phone is made in Hungary, while the earphones is made in Indonesia.
BMW, Mercedes manufactures almost 95% of her parts just that the country varies. BMW In China produces certain parts based on the resources here and then shipped to BMW Germany or wherever but it remains manufactured by BMW.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by tdayof(m): 4:03am On Sep 01, 2016
erico2k2:

U might be surprised things as simple as brake system and brake pads are not manufactured by the listed vehicle manufacturers.
BMW manufacture its brake pads.Obviously Others should have the capability.

Giving other companies chance to manufacture your car part doesn't mean you do not have the capability. As for Innoson it doesn't have the full capability yet and I will consider funding as the issue. Our government should try and invest more in ours.
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by tdayof(m): 5:08am On Sep 01, 2016
frankopit:

Pls can u name a car manufacturing company that produces all it's parts and tire,plugs.they only work in alliance with other parts manufacturing specialist.befor u browse internet , u bought phone , sim from diff sources.eg danso plug and coil are not produce by Toyota but mostly in Toyota cars
BMW! Beat that! Bmw has the capability to do all that.
You need more? Tesla
Re: Innoson Motors Stops Production, Sack Of Workers Imminent Over Dollars Scarcity by gbadaniyi(m): 6:17am On Sep 01, 2016
For next auto key duplication and remote programming, and comprehensive auto diagnosis callsaabtechkeys on 08077983808., 08022667966 we will be there in no time www. saabtechkeys. com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coolray: GEELY Nigeria Introduces Its New High-Tech Sporty Compact SUV Model / My Great Auction Experience With Kakaki 06 RX 330 Deliivered! / Good Cars ,good Millage,good Price And No Delay:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.