Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud - Investment (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (87771 Views)

‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by switch47(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
jaybillionaire:
who do u think u're fooling? How does your figure translate to 30% interest in a month. So are you now telling me 30% now has transmogrified into 67%? I laugh grin
Making money on MMM is not only on the 30 % only , you also make money from Referrals which could run into hundreds of thousands , you also make money from making videos , and if you trade in Bitcoin it is 50% not 30% increase. i have made over 3 million naira from this scheme already so i know what i am saying. MMM makes thair money through affiliates with BITCOIN. and adverts too
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by horlus(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
mckoolcharming:

If only they will admit that banks are ponzi scheme, then I will agree that MMM is a ponzi scheme.

1. MMM is not an Investment program. We are helping ourselves to be financially free. The government has failed us and we have decided to help ourselves

2. MMM does not collect our money. We pay directly to other people's account.

3. Is there any law in this country forbidding us to help our brother? If there is, then you can shut us down

4. If the government begins to gives us 24hours electricity, pay a minimum wage of NGN200,000 per month, employs everyone that is unemployed, then we can consider leaving MMM

Well I'd advise anyone who hasn't invested yet to be careful investing. For those who had made profit already you're the lucky ones. most times investments like this pays the early birds. I had a similar experience some years back I lost 500k. While people had made so much money then. Remember nospecto, wealth solutions. The issue is once the government starts talking like this anything can happen. They will frustrate the mmm businesses. They might freeze their accounts and the rest is history. I didn't loose my money then because the investment companies were scammers but because their accounts were frozen. The commercial banks were loosing money because people weren't taking money to the banks and the government felt these businesses weren't registered to accept peoples money So cbn had to step in. Please be careful with your money. Invest wisely.

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Basalt(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
niggi4life:
you are still speaking chinese, simple question, how does MMM make their own profit since they don't accept those money, rather people send this money to each other?

Through traffic generated from Millions of people visiting the site and uploading videos and statement of purpose.

Very soon you will ask, How does Seun and Linda make their money?

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by switch47(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
horlus:

Well I'd advise anyone who hasn't invested yet to be careful investing. For those who had made profit already you're the lucky ones. most times investments like this pays the early birds. I had a similar experience some years back I lost 500k. While people had made so much money then. Remember nospecto, wealth solutions. The issue is once the government starts talking like this anything can happen. They will frustrate the mmm businesses. They might freeze their accounts and the rest is history. I didn't loose my money then because the investment companies were scammers but because their accounts were frozen. The commercial banks were loosing money because people weren't taking money to the banks and the government felt these businesses weren't registered to accept peoples money So cbn had to step in. Please be careful with your money. Invest wisely.
MMM have no central account that can be frozen sir , that was why they survived the attacks by the south african government.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by switch47(m): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Basalt:

Through traffic generated from Millions of people visiting the site and uploading videos and statement of purpose.

They also make money from BITCOIN. MMM Pays.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by tuniski: 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hallenjay:
and d old mugus continue providing help because of d trust so do money keep rotating
The old mugus will be calculating recouping then playing with profit on a non existing principal that has been shared.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by imoh070: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
But SEC is a body that regulate all every organization or firm that are fit with a good business,the last man with a Ponzi scheme made over $14billion but went to prison for life, I wish you know what Ponzi scheme is
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by niggi4life(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
Basalt:

if u don't know u ask..
And mind you, seun doesn't make his money from ANY traffic coming to his blog, Linda does so because she's affiliated with Google Adsense, seun makes money from those adverts u see up and down there

When una eye clear i go remind una

3 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Basalt(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
niggi4life:
if u don't know u ask..
And mind you, seun doesn't make his money from ANY traffic coming to his blog, Linda does so because she's affiliated with Google Adsense, seun makes money from those adverts u see up and down there

When una eye clear i go remind una

Keep on doubting while I keep on getting alert monthly.
I have already realized my capital and still counting.

More greese to your doubting elbow
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by 2sexynet: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
PaulIdu:

He is part of the MMM syndicate based in South Africa ..the have studied and replicated a poor version of Sergey Mavrodi scam to dish our gullible Nigerians online ..they are seasoned conmen
I see! Interesting.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Must you give help to receive help? Since I genuinely need help, why can't I just register and keep getting help? Please enlighten me.
Joel3:
this is how it works..

if you help someone. that amount let say N50k. this 50k will enters your mavro account. and it grows at 30% a month. at the end of 30days it will be N70k. so if you request for help. someone will help you with the N70 cash out. the person that help you with 70k another person will help that one at 30days. then u too can help another again and again just like that.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Ndukwe007(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
AdeolaOmoOba:

Isn't that what banks are doing? Is there any greater business scam in Nigeria other than the cost of running a nation (as a business venture) and banks?
banks make profit unlike MMM. what do you think they are saying when they announce profits. they trade and keep people's money.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by philipobiz: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
MMM have started giving selective help? Warning sign!!!
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by natakin(f): 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
philipobiz:
MMM have started giving selective help? Warning sign!!!

Its is evil to mislead people online...expecially when you dont understand what you are saying...
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by philipobiz: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
natakin:

Its is evil to mislead people online...expecially when you dont understand what you are saying...

O boy! You Don get heart attack? I can sense the sweat on your forehead. According to Godon "I dey joke o!" If you call this expensive you are on your own!
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by natakin(f): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
philipobiz:

O boy! You Don get heart attack? I can sense the sweat on your forehead. According to Godon "I dey joke o!" If you call this expensive you are on your own!

I rebuke the spirit of Esau in your life...you dont take life serious..you have forgotten that life is not a funfare but rather a warfare...you joke with everything..SMH...

I would advice you remodify..starting with your previous post...
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by horlus(m): 3:41am On Sep 03, 2016
switch47:
MMM have no central account that can be frozen sir , that was why they survived the attacks by the south african government.

OK. I don't know much about this. Thanks for the info
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by switch47(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2016
natakin:

Although MMM pays..thats the wrong mind set bro
So you want me to invest all my money ? even MMM says do not put in all your money, it says use your spare cash, so using the extra percentage on my initial help i provided is using spare cash so i do not know how that is a wrong mind set, playing safe and i repeat I will can never lose money again on MMM even if the system crashes tomorrow, i will only lose small amount of the interest i have been getting. it is greed trhat kills people, i will never put all my eggs in one basket . NEVER!!
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Phunmyne(f): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2016
NwaNimo1:
How does one invest?
pm me, I will guide you
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by switch47(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2016
I do not know if MMM organizers are manipulating the system or not but i know if that is the case it is still mere guesses and plenty of WHAT IFs
i am gaining a lot from MMM because i devised a system that will ensure i do not lose my money and i am also not greedy . if you are greedy you are not safe in any system...... play safe, be wise . MMM PAYS but do not put all your money .
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by colsorubak(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
All i can see from the posts and comments of non mmm participants is that they are not well informed about the operations of mmm, i will advice u to find out time to do ur personal research (not copy and paste)..... If mmm crashes it wont be the first time an investment is crashing atleast the stock market crashed under the watch of the so called SEC in 2007/2008...... Joining mmm is a choice which i made and i believe no Nigerian was forced to doing that..... Its my money, Its my choice and it is my risk.....i dont see any point for these verbal fight on this platform....Life in its self is a risk...... #MMMpays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Hallenjay: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
tuniski:

The old mugus will be calculating recouping then playing with profit on a non existing principal that has been shared.
so who loose atlast??
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mekybabe1: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hello, Lai Mohammed, I just got 291k two days after I provided help of 200k. Pls join MMM! It is real!
PaulIdu:

Oga don't worry I am not a follow follow person ..the only way I want to be part of MMM is to be among the creators and founders so I can use Ur money . All this 1 million unable dey call stopped moving before I turned 25 years ..infact I dey drink am all when youthfulness had the better part me
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by frederick106(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
1990s
МММ was a Russian company that perpetrated one of the world's largest Ponzi schemes of all time. By different estimates from 5 to 40 million people lost up to $10 billion. The company started attracting money from private investors, promising annual returns of up to 1000%. It is unclear whether a Ponzi scheme was the initial intention, as such extravagant returns might have been possible during the Russian hyperinflation in such commerce as import-export.

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes

A word is enough for the wise
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by BizBloke(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
loveourlagos:
Nigerians would never learn

Anyway, these are only clear signs of recession.

Wicked & ludicrous schemes are in place to syphon greedy lots of their hard earned money.

Just last month, five people invited me to be a part of this madness. I outrightly told them NO.

It's good you said NO o. Keep saying NO in uppercase.

A good friend - with good intentions - invited me; I outlined everything and told him it doesn't make financial sense to me. I'd rather have Disposable Income than 'invest' in what I don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by keozeg: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2016
It's unfair to paint MMM bad.. Maros grow same way the dollar or share worth grows overnight at financial markets .... Your 30% benefit is the same arbitrary growth you notice on the dollar or shares..

A company growing in share capital does not imply a healthy company. Shares too crash overnight and share owners can lose everything since they share loss as well as gain.

Well for me, it's like operating a trusteeship. Or a certain comradeship of charity. It has help me with more interest free cash to invest in business, I hope government can see it that way.. The business I have raised interest free money for will employ 5 persons.

MMM is not just about money changing hands. It's helping to create capital. And it can be endless so far people keep seeking capital.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2016
urgent buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 3M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by mastar111: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
It is very unwise for people to service their obsession on the government by paying deaf ears to scam alert. The fact is that the scheme will fold up one day. This is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. When Peter has nothing to be robbed, Paul will not be paid. The capital base of the scheme will keep increasing until there won't be finance to service it again. If people begin to play safe by "investing" little, the scheme will automatically fold. Also, we have seen the "integrity" of the founder. I think a word is enough for the wise. U claim that you pay into the account of another participant, not the scheme's account. When the scam will begin, the scheme may designate some participant agents to collect your money for them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Quick personal loans for salary earners / Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.