Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,496 members, 7,958,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs (8776 Views)

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Who Runs Scan On Vehicles In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by hUmaneOne: 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
NameChecker:

Thank God you said a car owner
Let hear from the car owner

A sane car owner should pay for the diagnosis, and then pay for repairs rather than meeting a kazeem who will do trial and error and later end up causing more damage .

Just imagine your car consuming more fuel, the first thing a naija kazeem does is to change your air filter ,spark plugs, service your injector nozzles. Then the problem persists and he tells you to change your o2 sensor for 20k after spending like 8k for trial and errors.

Scanning would have picked the error at once.

Every serious car owner should have a mini scanner. I have a cheap one I got for $45 like 3yrs ago .its still serving me even after I've changed cars.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by aisammy4: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
While I agree with the OP on the scanning stuff. I would like to introduce to you - COMPUTERIZE VEHICLE TESTING SYSTEM. This is one of it kind in Nigeria.

This initiative is about ensuring that vehicles are roadworthy for safety when plying the road. Although, our Nigeria roads are very bad but we should ensure that our cars, trucks, tricycles e.t.c. is in good shape for safety of life.

In Nigeria today, so many cars plying the roads are not roadworthy and we have this ideology of managing thereby risking our lives. In order to prevent or drastically reduce our road accident, our cars should be tested for roadworthiness.

Computerized Vehicle testing system is a systematic testing equipment (technology) used to test physical components of your vehicle to make sure its working perfectly. Now, what are these components that is very important (the we, Nigeria might neglect) on our vehicle:

1. Braking System
2. Steering
3. Chasis & Chasis Attachment
4. Emission Testing
5. Lighting system
6. Headlights
7. Visibility
8. Alignment
9. Axles Wheels
10. Suspension
11. Supplementary Test for Vehicle Carrying Passengers

The above component are checked and inspection report printed for the individual car. More Information on these, please visit Abuja Computerized Vehicle Testing Station, Onnex Station, Katampe, Along Kubwa Express way Abuja or Kugbo Station by Kugbo Furniture market, Abuja. You can also Call Centre number 09058888841

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by hUmaneOne: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Who Scanning Epp?? We're in Nigeria and it's not like we're now in America angry

Mechanics are the only scanner we have here in Nigeria cool
A good cheap scanner can be bought for 8k. It's a good investment..

I can imagine that when you buy a car, you will lack terrible modern day maintenance culture.. grin
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Monlo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
honmusa:

Maintance required light simply a sevice indicator reminder light to alert you on the next schedule oil change
call autologic @ 08061166316 , I will give you the step by step procedure on how to reset the maintance required light.

Funnily enough,i just finished servicing my car with new oil,yet the dashboard"maintenance required" is still there,what next?Thanks
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
This will apply to post millennium cars, older model cars dont need this stuff.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by AlphaT1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
xier:

Do you scan cars and if yes, where I your location and how much? I have had this 'maintenance required' on my dash board for more than a year so will like to check it out
You didn't reset your oil sensor for next service due date when you change oil so it will keep displaying that. Anytime you change oil &filter you need to reset the sensor, Maintenance Reqd would disappear.

To reset the sensor (on camry 2010), don't knw ur car.
Put Odometer on trip A. Turn off the car. Hold down the odometer button and without putting foot on break push ''start'' button twice (while continuing to hold down the odometer button)
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by matthew83(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
joinnow:
Its better you own one scanber yourself. Also digital pressure gauge.
Scanner 6k
Pressure gauge 3k.
Contact 08036006896

can it work for tinylight Camry? am interested if yes.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by captain247: 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
Bluetooth scanner is very cheap OBD-II Bluetooth scanner is #3,500. All you need so is to download Torque light App from your Android play store. As you plug in your Bluetooth scanner device open your torque app wait for the car signal sign to be steady, then you can start finding fault codes of your car. For you to understand what the code means go to goggle it will explain the details to you and you can tell you mechanic what exactly he should fix in your car.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by greggng: 12:13am On Sep 02, 2016
Stop wasting ur money with all this big for nothing auto shops that only know theory but cannot practicalise. I met one on nairaland here and he directed me to come to his office at airforce mechanic village near mangoro. His name is Patrick. When I got their I saw expensive cars that kinda convince me he iknows his onions. But I was mistaken. He nearly murdered my car. He scanned my car and came out with reports of what happened. He couldn't fix it despite huge amount he charged me. I was so worried that I discussed the matter to my friend that works with costain construction company. He asked me to visit his mechanic at a place called Ayobo mechanic village. I visited the man and my car was 100 percent fixed. . He charged just 2k to scan the car and thereafter pick all the problem codes out. He then brought out another computer and he had an application that brought out the diagram of my car and the meaning and solutions to the problem. He wrote down things to buy and when those things were fixed the car became like a bran new car. Till date I still thank him. I ve recommended many people to him without any issues. I ve a mission on earth. To ensure that people get quality service and stop patronising fake mechanics. I will personally take anyone to his shop and I put my integrity online. Opposite him is another fantastic car AC man. If he cannot fix ur car ac, then no one can fix it.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Majoroperation: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2016
matthew83:

Yes it work on all Japanese cars.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by joinnow: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2016
matthew83:

Yes obd2 work with tinylight Camry.

OBD connector location for Toyota Camry (1998 - 2003 see picture below.

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by joinnow: 7:46am On Sep 02, 2016
matthew83:

Yes
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by cardoctor(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Very important
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by masquest(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2016
You can own a bluetooth car scanner at no cost!

Masquest Nigeria Limited is currently running a contest and giving out free scanners. You would say what you know about a car scanner listed in the contest and you get the opportunity to get a free scanner. Please visit http://masquest.myswitemshop.com for more details. You do not need to buy anything to participate in the contest.

Visit http://masquest.myswitemshop.com now to start.

Thank you.

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Chelseafan1: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2016
greggng:
Stop wasting ur money with all this big for nothing auto shops that only know theory but cannot practicalise. I met one on nairaland here and he directed me to come to his office at airforce mechanic village near mangoro. His name is Patrick. When I got their I saw expensive cars that kinda convince me he iknows his onions. But I was mistaken. He nearly murdered my car. He scanned my car and came out with reports of what happened. He couldn't fix it despite huge amount he charged me. I was so worried that I discussed the matter to my friend that works with costain construction company. He asked me to visit his mechanic at a place called Ayobo mechanic village. I visited the man and my car was 100 percent fixed. . He charged just 2k to scan the car and thereafter pick all the problem codes out. He then brought out another computer and he had an application that brought out the diagram of my car and the meaning and solutions to the problem. He wrote down things to buy and when those things were fixed the car became like a bran new car. Till date I still thank him. I ve recommended many people to him without any issues. I ve a mission on earth. To ensure that people get quality service and stop patronising fake mechanics. I will personally take anyone to his shop and I put my integrity online. Opposite him is another fantastic car AC man. If he cannot fix ur car ac, then no one can fix it.

Can u give me their contact pls, both of them, its over 4 years driving this golf 4, it hasn't been scanned once.
I stay in Ife
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by greggng: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Can u give me their contact pls, both of them, its over 4 years driving this golf 4, it hasn't been scanned once.
I stay in Ife

Add me on whatsapp 08062593234. When I hear from u I will send u the mechanic number opposite him is the ac man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey And Nissan Quest. / Generator Knocked Engine - Repair Or Replace? / 12 Amazing Car Care Tips You Should Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.