Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting (8643 Views)

Uproar Over PDP Chairmanship, Stakeholders’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock / Resolutions Of PDP Stakeholders Meeting @OfficialPDPNig / Venue For Stakeholders Meeting Of Entire Organs Of PDP Barricaded By Modu Sherif (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by LocalChamp: 1:51am On Sep 02, 2016
By Ovie Okpare, Warri
The Olu of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli, on Thursday distanced the Itsekiri nation from the Chief Edwin Clark-led pan Niger Delta coastal states stakeholders’ meeting which is to negotiate with the Federal Government on behalf of militants in the region.

The Itsekiri monarch, in a statement issued by the Palace Administrator, Dr. Emmanuel Tetsola, also claimed not to be part of the meeting of the Niger Delta monarchs with the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Ikachikwu.

While disowning those claiming to have represented Itsekiri nation at the two meetings, the statement stressed that the monarch had not authorised anybody to represent him.

It stated, “It has come to the knowledge of the Palace of the Olu of Warri that some Itsekiri sons and daughters who are attending the above mentioned meetings are claiming to be representing either the Olu of Warri or the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

“The Palace wishes to state categorically that while individuals are entitled to freedom of speech and association, as guaranteed by the Nigerian constitution, it has not authorised or mandated any person to represent either the Olu of Warri or the Itsekiri people at these meetings.”

The statement particularly frowned on a report in one of the national dailies which claimed that Prof. Lucky Akaruese represented the Itsekiri ethnic nationality at both meetings.

“Consequently, those persons who attended these meetings cannot arrogate to themselves the authority to speak or represent either the Olu of Warri or the Itsekiri people,” the Olu of Warri added.

The statement urged the general public to disregard such insinuation.

The Ijaw national leader, Chief Edwin Clark, had two weeks ago convened a stakeholders’ meeting of six coastal states of the Niger Delta at Effurun in Delta State towards proferring solution to the renewed militancy in the region.

The meeting was attended by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa while his counterpart in Bayelsa State was represented on the occasion.

The meeting resolved to set up a dialogue team which would discuss with the Federal Government on behalf of militant groups in the region.

The Niger Delta Avengers have also given the Clark-led dialogue team the go-ahead to discuss on its behalf whenever the federal government was ready.

http://punchng.com/olu-warri-disowns-clark-stakeholders-meeting/

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by madridguy(m): 1:52am On Sep 02, 2016
Noted. Aku Ola Jimoh oni.

5 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by Emycord: 3:49am On Sep 02, 2016
Abeg historians and geographers make una educate me. Edo too follow for coastal state abi how abeg edo dey near our territorial waters abi all na part of the political Niger delta. The other thread they list only. Delta rivers a. Ibom bayelsa and cross rivers as the major oil producing states. Edo no follow again ? Well Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. While Niger delta is a mere political expression.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by chriskosherbal(m): 3:51am On Sep 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by dannyben5: 3:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Mtchew...

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by edlion57(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2016
Me and my group will soon disown buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by Nairadays: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2016
They don rubbish Baba old commisioner finish.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by darocha1: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2016
iranu. Seems some envelopes will exchange hands after the meeting..Cos money is the only thing that makes this old men fight

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by onuwaje(m): 8:00am On Sep 02, 2016
The ijaws amd greed

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by tobtap: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2016
cool cool... nice... clark na lipsrsealed
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by sommyblaze(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2016
ok
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by Pappyjim: 8:04am On Sep 02, 2016
Edwin Clark Ntoooooor

8 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by globatop: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2016
This Niger deltans are confused, my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by OVI75(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2016
Itsekiri are bitter about certain things During the Gej Presidency. Ijaw -itsekiri Rivalry seems to be Gud Food Fr the Fraudulent Naiaj Gov.As These Are the Bravest tribes I'm The Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by fratermathy(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Who Olu help?? Rubbish

Itsekiris with their exaggerated sense of self importance!

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by Noneroone(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2016
Hmm
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by OKorowanta: 8:11am On Sep 02, 2016
Wia you?
You Olu of Itsekiri go siddon one place!

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by buJu234: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2016
with all due respect i think all these so called Itsekiri trying to gain lost supremacy over other tribes in warri can not stand in this 21st century.

only u people Itsekiri claimed to b the original owners of warri; where as history said otherwise.

i always ask myself a question how come in a case of 3 different people; only person is right while the other 2 are wrong. from the different independent histories of both Ijaw & Urhobos; the Itsekiris are the late arrivals into warri areas; yet they always claimed that the owned the whole warri.

Please Olu of itsekiri; we dont want another tribal wars in warri; we dont want to see another Ijaw & Urhobos vs Itsekiris again.

please jst let the current status quo to remain we beg u well well ooo...

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by asamaigho(m): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2016
Nobody should be allowed to hijack the nigerdelta as his fathers backyard,the days of financial gains from criminality and militancy are over.
Come rain come shine,the itsekiris will always oppose silly practices of appeasing criminals under the guise of "nigerdelta negotiations".
INTELLECTUAL STRUGGLE IS BETTER THAN THE BARREL OF THE GUN.

Kudos to his MAJESTY.....
Long live the D KING and all men of goodwill.

OGIAME SUOOOOOOOO!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by asamaigho(m): 8:41am On Sep 02, 2016
buJu234:
with all due respect i think all these so called Itsekiri trying to gain lost supremacy over other tribes in warri can not stand in this 21st century.

only u people Itsekiri claimed to b the original owners of warri; where as history said otherwise.

i always ask myself a question how come in a case of 3 different people; only person is right while the other 2 are wrong. from the different independent histories of both Ijaw & Urhobos; the Itsekiris are the late arrivals into warri areas; yet they always claimed that the owned the whole warri.

Please Olu of itsekiri; we dont want another tribal wars in warri; we dont want to see another Ijaw & Urhobos vs Itsekiris again.

please jst let the current status quo to remain we beg u well well ooo...

U mean history according to urhobos and ijaws? Were are ur proofs?...even the urhobos(agbarhas) came to warri from agbarha (ughelli),less than 300yrs ago,....howcome u claim ignorance of verisimilitude facts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by asamaigho(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2016
fratermathy:
Who Olu help?? Rubbish

Itsekiris with their exaggerated sense of self importance!

So we dont have d right to take a stand.....how intolerable humans are.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by MamaletASO: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2016
Olu of Warri said: “The Palace wishes to state categorically that while individuals are entitled to freedom of speech and association, as guaranteed by the Nigerian constitution, it has not authorised or mandated any person to represent either the Olu of Warri or the Itsekiri people at these meetings.”

My people una don hear..

Jonathan said: That man called Edwin Clark is one of my greatest problem that makes me loose my 2015 election..

[b]Edwin Clark deceived all Niger-Deltan youths [/b]to his own benefit..

Now,
Who is Edwin clark?? An Evil or a Political jobber or a rogue or a statesman??

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by asamaigho(m): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2016
OVI75:
Itsekiri are bitter about certain things During the Gej Presidency. Ijaw -itsekiri Rivalry seems to be Gud Food Fr the Fraudulent Naiaj Gov.As These Are the Bravest tribes I'm The Niger Delta.

Not really, its just dat we know their evil plans in dis so called nigerdelta struggle, most of these unscrupulous individuals parading themselves as elders are nothing but shameless crumb seekers. Their antecedence are obvious to all. They did same in 2009 during yaradua/gej regime,where they usurped and arogated phantom powers to themselves as "NIGERDELTA LEADERS",just because we allowed peace to reign then.
Gone are those days when they think they can bully everyone around.
For a lasting peace to reign,all ethnic nationalties in the region must give concernt and participate in these negotiations with the govt.
Better still d ijaws can dialogue with fg on their own if they so please and if that b d case they should term it 'ijaw struggle' not nigerdelta...

Our stand is our stand, God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by buJu234: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2016
asamaigho:

U mean history according to urhobos and ijaws? Were are ur proofs?...even the urhobos(agbarhas) came to warri from agbarha (ughelli),less than 300yrs ago,....howcome u claim ignorance verisimilitude facts.

i am not here for argument; but my simple question still remains.

which other histories apart from the ones from either Itsekiris; urhobos or ijaws do one need again?

u see i as a neutral tribe or person will prefer to stick with the history of 2 different tribes that concurred/ or sounds alike than to stick to just one history from one tribe that sound different from that of the 2 independent tribes.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by hiredkiller: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2016
am looking for TonyeBarcanista in this thread grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by rusher14: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Emycord:
Abeg historians and geographers make una educate me. Edo too follow for coastal state abi how abeg edo dey near our territorial waters abi all na part of the political Niger delta. The other thread they list only. Delta rivers a. Ibom bayelsa and cross rivers as the major oil producing states. Edo no follow again ? Well Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. While Niger delta is a mere political expression.

There are places such as Gelegele, Ikoro Olodiama all Ijaw communities in Edo state, which you can access through Okada. From there you can access the Atlantic if you so desired.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by Emycord: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2016
My word! access the ocean with okada i just hope no one don read what u wrote let it not be heard that means of getting to the ocean our territorial water is okada! At least if u had said canoe some laymen will begin to consider taking u serious, but okada? Even shekaw can access sea from sambisa with okada now does that make borno a coastal state ? My friend get the point Niger delta is a mere political expression deal with it
rusher14:

There are places such as Gelegele, Ikoro Olodiama all Ijaw communities in Edo state, which you can access through Okada. From there you can access the Atlantic if you so desired.

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by fratermathy(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2016
asamaigho:

So we dont have d right to take a stand.....how intolerable humans are.

Did you say taking a stand?

Don't tell me you don't know all this is about money and settlement? Itsekiri get militants?

Let's just let this issue be resolved however possible without adding ethnic sentiments to it.
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by YourNemesis: 10:32am On Sep 02, 2016
Emycord:
My word! access the ocean with okada i just hope no one don read what u wrote let it not be heard that means of getting to the ocean our territorial water is okada! At least if u had said canoe some laymen will begin to consider taking u serious, but okada? Even shekaw can access sea from sambisa with okada now does that make borno a coastal state ? My friend get the point Niger delta is a mere political expression deal with it

Okada town in Edo, not Okada motorcycle.
Olodo.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2016
YourNemesis:

Okada town in Edo, not Okada motorcycle. Olodo.
You even get time to educate him.

@Honestly, both Olu of Itsekiri and Pa Edwin Clark should GO AND DIE
Re: Olu Of Warri Disowns Clark Stakeholders’ Meeting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2016
buJu234:

i am not here for argument; but my simple question still remains.

which other histories apart from the ones from either Itsekiris; urhobos or ijaws do one need again?

u see i as a neutral tribe or person will prefer to stick with the history of 2 different tribes that concurred/ or sounds alike than to stick to just one history from one tribe that sound different from that of the 2 independent tribes.

The blood shed over warri is enough.Everybody should maintain their territory though I am aligned with the Ijaw/Urhobo side of history. It makes more sense and sound more logical.

But again, no need to resurrect the subject

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAAC: FG Shares N610.36bn Allocation To Three Tiers Of Govt. In Feb / Bisi Fayemi Donates ₦23 Million Equipment To Cancer Centre In Ekiti / Ozekhome Kidnap: Abductors Insist On N100m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.