Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling (585 Views)

President Buhari Smiling And Full Of Life In New Photos In London / Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling / Suffering And Smiling: Nigerians Blast I Stand With Buhari Group (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling by OPONIMO(m): 6:33am On Sep 02, 2016
Erin Iyangi: Groaning, suffering and smiling
By OYEDEJI Voices Oludayo
As the political classes (PDP and APC) cyber warriorlords were making internet attacks, counter-attacks and defending the visit of #PMB to the state, one thing held me from the lungs to the heart; it is about the chance of the oppressed and commoners who had remained at the receiving end of the killer policies that is gradually debilitating both the rich and the poor, to demonstrate their vexation in the very face of Baba. My expectations deadly failed me.
No reasonable individual would survey the huge turnout, ovation and accolades that saturated Buhari visit to Osogbo, the state’s capital, to commemorate the 25th year anniversary and commission some projects successfully constructed, built and completed by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, without going through some minutes of reasoning and sober severely in reflection of the future of this country.
For politicians, time to become self-appointed activist arises; PDP would be delighted in throwing fire and brimstone, painting the projects in a colour of utmost derision and, regrettably, fail to put in plain words how its party could have surpassed APC’s achievement. As for APC apologists, time to commence praise and worship as if we do not deserve better arrived.
But. In fact, a big BUT!, we the commoners should face ourselves to tell the blunt reality, for none of the political opportunists, careerists and praise-singers would tell us this.
The home rat do not need to run to its counterpart in the bush to report the level of lack, poverty and inadequacies bedevilling the country today due to its omnipresence (nationwide) nature, but one is disappointingly caught by surprise by the way a proverbial drunkard put aside his worries by clothing his head with palm wine guard (Omuti gbagbe ise...). As if nothing in Buhari’s government is taking its toll on the people already, the applause and cheers that received him is not worth it. How much would have bought so sycophantic accolades is still a question that dangles in my mind.
If Aregbesola or the APC patriots and sympathisers are to be frank and helpful, a message worthy of significance should be sent to Buhari through that platform. The president would have known that our ceiling is seriously burning and needs urgent attention. The physical, psychological and para-psychological body language should be demonstrated in Osogbo to summon the fear and attention of President Muhammadu Buhari to the groaning of the people.
It is high time we began to demonstrate to the political class our anger via such platform; Our physiological needs are not met desirably/ or at all (in popular cases); commodities in the market had become extremely exorbitant; sack is more popular than employment; poverty enraging people to break laws and orders cum the issues of Fulani herdsmen brutality, sentimental anti-corruption war (Burantai, Saraki and Dogara comes to mind) and extreme nepotism in appointments so far are alarming reasons.
If we can’t make obvious our bitterness in such platform, it is now clear to great minds that Nigeria would definitely suffer more and continues to smile until they are not merely driven aground but totally buried. History does not favour hypocrites like the commoners in Nigeria. Nigerian youths! Consider the past of better countries and wake from the deadly slumber.

Re: Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling by Flexherbal(m): 7:38am On Sep 02, 2016
You have made your points known.
The thing is , even the youths are divided!
Re: Erin Iyangi: Groaning, Suffering And Smiling by oduastates: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2016
You missed your chance.
The time to demonstrate was when your money was being stolen.
Hunger is bad. I know.
This is why the message from the gods of yorubaland is very important.
Learn from past experience to build up your Iwa.
You guys learnt nothing from the 1970s oil boom.
You are surprised you are getting the same result.
I have been to many countries and have lived in a few.
I worked in a few companies as well.it is either those companies are exporting their goods and services or they are planning to do so.
What exactly do you export?
Oil.
That is all there is, Oil.
In fact, Nigerians do absolutely nothing.
The banking sector is dependent on oil and not the products they sell to their customers.
The airline same.
I have said it many times here.
If olodumare were to give me a choice of country to rule.
Yorubaland of 1700 vs yorubaland of today.
I will chose yorubaland of 1700.
Too many cups are half full or should I say half empty.

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Has Experienced Any Of The Things Listed Here By The VP? / DANGER: YORUBA, Araba Fulani & BIA BIAFRA (part 2) / This Is Why Ekiti State Will Never Be Great.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.