Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) (723 Views)

Abubakar Shekau: "It's Better I Die & Go & Rest Than The Calamity Befalling Us" / Boko Haram: “I Am Tired Of This Calamity,” Shekau Says In New Video / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by Gaiuseenyie(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria In Recession Who Is At Fault(Buhari vs Jonathan)

To my own small research about this present calamity,I found fault in Jonathan administration.am not politically speaking.
First what is Recession: this is the widespread of economy decline, in gross domestic product,employments, trade,industrial activities and high inflation,lasting for 6 months.
Causes of Recession
1)high interest rate; limit liquidity
2)increased in inflation;general rise of prices
3)savings are use for expense
4)bad business environment;boko haram,militancy
5)stock price and value comes down
6)reduced in consumer confidence; instead of buying they use defensive mode.Economic recessions are caused by a loss of business ,As confidence recedes, so does demand
7)reduce real wages
coolcut payment in private firm,redundancy
9)borrower start defaulting
10)deregulation
11)fall in retail sale
Recession is not a day move,it has symptoms,sign it shows before it happened which current administration inherited.so it happened to be trace to our X president regime, cause looking at the situation or causes of recession,my research holds that if there is money in the circulation or in the country there will be no recession.
While I found fault at Dr Jonathan regime cause
Nigeria as at then was was perfectly fine,with $118 as at 2013 per barrel,money was in the system,but instead of them to invest in our economy,turning us to productive economy they made it stomach economy(consuming economy were our products and service are imported once) there was low involvement in infrastructure,high interest rate,mismanagement of funds, bad management,lack future budget,looking inwards to create revenue.
In this sense our youth where unemployed, cause productive process are done outside, insecurity looted us were our local rice product,cattle among others, were stopped by bokoharam,companies where privatizes.
Coming to buhari tenure he might empty treasure,list filled of looter and was only left with oil ,tax and now it has drop to $50 per barrel,423 naira to a dollar and u still have to pay civil servant's,commission project,fund security agency against the insecurity he meet on ground,and you should also be aware that oil contribute 80%to our economy. Nigerians must go inward to solve this, cause we are reaping what was soar,current policy are to rebuild Nigeria cause we refused to plan.Buhari is fighting recession he didn't brought recession.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by LabiaMajoraDest(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
I blame the ancient gworo chewer from duara cos life was much better in the previous government!
angry

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by cckris: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
The man that RULED Nigeria like an absolute monarch for 7 months without even a single minister in 2015

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by Memesticmeme: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
I blame buhari

I blame buhari
I blame buhari

I blame buhari
I blame buhari
I blame buhari

I blame buhari
I blame buhari
I blame buhari
I blame buhari

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by trueking: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
The OP is clearly dead, sorry I meant a Zombie grin
Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by blackpanda: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
cckris:
The man that RULED Nigeria like an absolute monarch for 7 months without even a single minister in 2015

Ignorance is your problem. The ministries were run by permanent secretaries. it is impossible for one individual to "rule" a nation. So stop talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Nigeria Current Calamity (recession) by Bobandgreat: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
The buffoons that voted in the dullard.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Ex-us Congressman Renews Call For Biafra Referendum / Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? / Nigeria Newspaper Review 29 September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.