Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Bmw Engines - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw Engines (14459 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 3:03am On Sep 10, 2016
MPVGoddess:

if you own a premium vehicle, you need a driver who can do more that take it from point A to B

You need a driver who understands the cockpit instrumentation and how to respond to its issues and warning

I cannot say how painful this story is at $1=N430

Hope he doesn't get to take the pilot seat anymore once this is sorted out (in fact hope he is sacked)

Common it's purely ignorance and human error that caused this mishap.

If I am to use my SUV as reference the first warning starts when the reservoir is low and that will keep beeping till refilled. The car is supposed to be serviced by a tech every couple of months and low coolant would have been fixed. A maintenance system failure.

Time to update training of employees on modern technology

3 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:39am On Sep 10, 2016
sultaan:

Common it's purely ignorance and human error that caused this mishap.

If I am to use my SUV as reference the first warning starts when the reservoir is low and that will keep beeping till refilled. The car is supposed to be serviced by a tech every couple of months and low coolant would have been fixed. A maintenance system failure.

Time to update training of employees on modern technology

A rule of thumb, I check my fluids once a month regardless.............
Re: Bmw Engines by kingreign(m): 7:29am On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

A rule of thumb, I check my fluids once a month regardless.............

Rule of the thumb, open my bonnet everyday and check all fluids before cranking in the morning.
Although, I've not had any course to top any fluids in between fluid change or any issue but I should be very observant about the state of my engine and fluids and also about the lights in my cluster.
Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2016
kingreign:

Rule of the thumb, open my bonnet everyday and check all fluids before cranking in the morning.
Although, I've not had any course to top any fluids in between fluid change or any issue but I should be very observant about the state of my engine and fluids and also about the lights in my cluster.

That ur everyday routine, pass my power. But ur rules r ur rules.............
Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2016
You don't necessarily have to be very stringent but the gauge cluster are there for a reason!

What gets me is that the driver ignored it!

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2016
USAutoBuy:
You don't necessarily have to be very stringent but the gauge cluster are there for a reason!

What gets me is that the driver ignored it!

The question is, does/did he understand the instrument cluster and error messages ?

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The question is, does/did he understand the instrument cluster and error messages ?

Too late now. Does nothing but blew a ginormous hole in the pocket of the owner. He is either too stupid or too careless to know what is going with the car he is driving. Either way, he is gotta go.

Owner is in a big dilemma, fix or cut loose? Expensive decision either way.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It simply means, I DON'T own the car and DON'T care. Oga's problem, not MINE.................
Just tow home and keep searching for a replacement engine.
Its going to be a capital intensive project and time searching.................
The signs are obvious. It's gonna be a long and hectic waiting period. Considering that the dollar is out of the roof, as mentioned by someone $1-1=N=430! I cringed.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
USAutoBuy:

Too late now. Does nothing but blew a ginormous hole in the pocket of the owner. He is either too stupid or too careless to know what is going with the car he is driving. Either way, he is gotta go.
Owner is in a big dilemma, fix or cut loose? Expensive decision either way.
You can't cause this tsunami in one's pocket and continue to receive salaries n allowances therefrom again. NO! Thinking how much it will cost to sale 'AS IS'! To reduce BP!

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
mandmis007:

The signs are obvious. It's gonna be a long and hectic waiting period. Considering that the dollar is out of the roof, as mentioned by someone $1-1=N=430! I cringed.

It looks like the $ is trying to catch the £. $430 & £540. This are not really pleasing figures.........
Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
mandmis007:

You can't cause this tsunami in one's pocket and continue to receive salaries n allowances therefrom again. NO! Thinking how much it will cost to sale 'AS IS'! To reduce BP!

To sell 'AS IS', would almost be bought like scrap value. To fix it, is like a tsunami to one's pocket. Big decision days ahead..........
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
I don't know how long this change in Nigeria is going to last but I will advise the op to go and store the car. I didn't say tow it home only but store it till miracles happen.

The only issue you have is the car is a one off and shares engine with high end expensive cars. If you can wait and be patient when a rich dude bashes his car beyond repair and decides to bless you with his engine.

On a lighter note, I am offering 50k AS IS grin

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
nurey:
I don't know how long this change in Nigeria is going to last but I will advise the op to go and store the car. I didn't say tow it home only but store it till miracles happen.

The only issue you have is the car is a one off and shares engine with high end expensive cars. If you can wait and be patient when a rich dude bashes his car beyond repair and decides to bless you with his engine.

On a lighter note, I am offering 50k AS IS grin

LOL. Did you forget to add some 000000's to your 'AS IS' offer?

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by erico2k2(m): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
mayor2013:
Your statement is void. You say bmw parts are not expensive. You call ladipo a spare part market. Never am I going to blame you for any reason basically because you are not an automobile engineer. Recently I bought a used eps (electric power steering rack) for bmw528i 2012 xdrive for 850k. Brand new cost 1.2m. Coscharis requested for 1.35m and here you are talking. Pls tell me if that is cheap. I always make a mockery of them when I request for bmw parts from ladipo. Never call bmw cheap pls
No car part is cheap, only fake parts are cheap

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 5:25am On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

the op is transferring heart ache, sleepless night, wahala and buhariconomics to me lipsrsealed, and you are still expecting me to add more zeros angry nah, lets leave it AS IS grin

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

To sell 'AS IS', would almost be bought like scrap value. To fix it, is like a tsunami to one's pocket. Big decision days ahead..........
To cut ur loses I think one has to gamble, take the risk. @ N430=$1 it translates to roughly between N2.1m to N3m for a replacement engine of between $5000 to $7000. Can't go lower than this!
How much do u think selling 'AS IS' might be Pls?
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I think he has actually forgotten to add the other zeros. Probably, two of 'em. shocked
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

MIRACLES! Mhhhhh! 2019, that's good 2yrs. I think to sale sounds d better option.? I am equally thinking of what may happen where it's parked. I pray nothing happens to the wiring.
Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2016
mandmis007:

To cut ur loses I think one has to gamble, take the risk. @ N430=$1 it translates to roughly between N2.1m to N3m for a replacement engine of between $5000 to $7000. Can't go lower than this!
How much do u think selling 'AS IS' might be Pls?

I think you should have the car valued (in a pre and post engine damaged state)
Compare total of repair (with a few boob for inconvenience). And you might just arrive at an 'AS IS' valuation.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2016
mandmis007:

MIRACLES! Mhhhhh! 2019, that's good 2yrs. I think to sale sounds d better option.? I am equally thinking of what may happen where it's parked. I pray nothing happens to the wiring.

If damage can be contained at engine only, it's best.
Once wiring and brain box issues start to set in, that would spell doom for any saleable position.
Tow it to a safe storage location and weigh your options.
You might just eventually turn out lucky............
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2016
mandmis007:

I think he has actually forgotten to add the other zeros. Probably, two of 'em. shocked

My bad, OK have added the two zeros 00.50,000
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If damage can be contained at engine only, it's best.
Once wiring and brain box issues start to set in, that would spell doom for any saleable position.
Tow it to a safe storage location and weigh your options.
You might just eventually turn out lucky............
Precisely my point n fears. lipsrsealed
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
nurey:

My bad, OK have added the two zeros 00.50,000
This is value for a scrap metal!
Re: Bmw Engines by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is the saddest thread on cartalk right now sad
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
noxide:
This is the saddest thread on cartalk right now sad
Not saddest but whackiest.
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
mandmis007:

This is value for a scrap metal!
.my oga sir, I am not really interested in buying the car, I was trying to put smiles on your face. Just thank God, cut your losses and move on.

If you can store it good, watch and wait, someone may need the whole shell but I doubt if you can get a million for that car in Nigeria here, as nobody cares about classic or one off vehicle they will just want to rip you off

Wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 12:47am On Sep 12, 2016
I am really surprise that you are really thinking of scrapping as is!

If you can afford to buy a 760Li and can't afford to replace an engine, $5k isn't really a problem to those who drive that type of car; its just the price of an old Corolla so would you rather buy a Corolla or put another engine in that BMW

Timaya just crashed his Bentley I am sure it will be scrapped, and so will a lot of people driving high end cars on Nigerian roads without proper know how.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
sultaan:
I am really surprise that you are really thinking of scrapping as is!

If you can afford to buy a 760Li and can't afford to replace an engine, $5k isn't really a problem to those who drive that type of car; its just the price of an old Corolla so would you rather buy a Corolla or put another engine in that BMW

Timaya just crashed his Bentley I am sure it will be scrapped, and so will a lot of people driving high end cars on Nigerian roads without proper know how.
It's not the cost that's my problem but the fact that it's taking 2 long 2 identify 1, n whether the engine and other instruments will work perfectly.
Note; it might be stored for 6 months to 1 year.
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
mandmis007:

It's not the cost that's my problem but the fact that it's taking 2 long 2 identify 1, n whether the engine and other instruments will work perfectly.
Note; it might be stored for 6 months to 1 year.

Somebody is suggesting I try UAE. What's ur opinion & or suggestions?
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
mandmis007:

You must be open to any good suggestions, I know there are high end cars there. If you can get a link to do the leg work for you and give you a quote.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
mandmis007:

If UAE can supply the goods, why not? But if the sent engine is bad, yawa go gas o................
Any SUPPLIER that is not SUPPLYING any form of warranty, you should run from (but if buying from abroad, how do they honour the warranty (just incase)?

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
mandmis007:

You can also try Japan. Those Japanese also love their big engine cars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 03-07 Toyota Corolla Vs 08-010 Toyota Corolla Which Is Better And Stronger / Dangote Truck Kills A Woman In Otukpo, Benue State / Auction Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.