Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Bmw Engines - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw Engines (14464 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
USAutoBuy:

The one i posted is for 2007. Like i mentioned, IT SEEMS that 2007 engine is different from the others. A VIN number will be the best to verify. You take the VIN to the dealer and they will see which engine was installed. They will then cross check if the same engine is installed in other years as well. Engines are cheaper for older year models. Don't just be asking that you want a BMW V12 engine, compare the pics and BE SURE ITS APPLICABLE TO YOUR MODEL YEAR!

The 2008/2009 models of the engines are running like almost $8500. A 2003 model is much much cheaper. The V12 in the 1988 - 90's models BMW750 can be had for as little as $1500.

I really hope that you can find a cheaper alternative, either way you go make not a whole lot of different to me.

But whatever you pay for has to work. 760LI's are not very common and few are sold each year like someone else mentioned. THEY ARE THE ONLY BMW MODELS WITH V12 ENGINES (For someone talking that they share same parts with other cars). These engines are built to almost last forever, unless someone is careless with them, they don't damage for no reason. And the only way to come across one is from damaged vehicles.

May be they have (or do not have at Ladipo) i wouldn't know. Just be sure that you are paying for the right item.

Good luck!

The one you posted is exactly the one in the my car. The mechanic checked n confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
mandmis007:

The one you posted is exactly the one in the my car. The mechanic checked n confirmed it.

That's $5000.00
E no easy o

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Am following this thread back to back grin
Re: Bmw Engines by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 08, 2016
USAutoBuy:

Not really. 760i is the MOST luxurious and most expensive vehicle made by BMW. They are about $135,000 New.

Expensive car = Expensive part especially when you are talking about the most important part of the car - The ENGINE

Owner should have be more careful. These engines are not supposed to just pack up unless someone was not being too careful somewhere

That engine should easily reach 300k miles and above.

Some cars don't belong in nigeria and/or cheap nigerians.
Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 2:25am On Sep 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That engine should easily reach 300k miles and above.

Some cars don't belong in nigeria and/or cheap nigerians.

Don't do that the economy resetting.

The problem was the coolant level low and check gauges warning beeping were ignored until the thing pafuka there is one on eBay with 170k miles for about $3k and 70k miles for $4200 when those are sold don't know when the next guy is going to wreck a 760Li.

There might be others for sale in Germany or UK
Re: Bmw Engines by Denn(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Wrecking a premium engine manufactured in 2007 demands for the arrest and permanent detention of the driver.

What other economic sabotage can be greater than this?

This engine was designed to last for 50 years at the barest minimum.

Heck, my 1969 German engine still purrs like a kitten and it shows no signs of previous overhaul.

To OP:
Get your VIN and confirm exact engine spec in your car. Then do proper online research.
Get up and take a trip to Ladipo. Do a search. You would be surprised at what stuffs you can get.
If you cannot find in Ladipo, scout online and possibly take the offer of N650k first or 5000 USD.
Even if the N650k engine is bad (which I doubt), get a guarantee that it will work or funds would be returned. If possible, use the seller's mechanic and pay balance after completion.
Final step is to fire your driver. He can only drive cheaper Toyotas

I really feel for you

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 8:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Denn:
Wrecking a premium engine manufactured in 2007 demands for the arrest and permanent detention of the driver.

What other economic sabotage can be greater than this?

This engine was designed to last for 50 years at the barest minimum.

Heck, my 1969 German engine still purrs like a kitten and it shows no signs of previous overhaul.

To OP:
Get your VIN and confirm exact engine spec in your car. Then do proper online research.
Get up and take a trip to Ladipo. Do a search. You would be surprised at what stuffs you can get.
If you cannot find in Ladipo, scout online and possibly take the offer of N650k first or 5000 USD.
Even if the N650k engine is bad (which I doubt), get a guarantee that it will work or funds would be returned. If possible, use the seller's mechanic and pay balance after completion.
Final step is to fire your driver. He can only drive cheaper Toyotas

I really feel for you

Funds returned in ladipo? Can't be ladipo

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Denn(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2016
mayor2013:

Funds returned in ladipo? Can't be ladipo

I have gotten refunds and replacements severally.

Depends on the relationship and prior agreement.

Don't let's be overly pessimistic bros...the Ladipo guys are humans too and I get my customary bottle of cold drink from them once in a while

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 10:52am On Sep 08, 2016
Denn:

Don't let's be overly pessimistic bros...the Ladipo guys are humans too and I get my customary bottle of cold drink from them once in a while

1/1000000
Re: Bmw Engines by Denn(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2016
mayor2013:

1/1000000

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Denn:

Getting refunds SEVERALLY at Ladipo is a WISHFUL THINKING at best. Please hear me, i am not saying the claim is false but i PERSONALLY have yet to encounter it. No matter the relationship with the vendor.

The good ones will let you exchange without paying extra. Otherwise they will come up with stories why you have to pay more for the other part (even when its cheaper) especially if the part belongs to another seller.

Full REFUND? N650k

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
I have sent my younger brother who resides in lagos and his mechanic to scout for the engine. I was disappointed when they called in the evening that they couldn't find one!
Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
mandmis007:
I have sent my younger brother who resides in lagos and his mechanic to scout for the engine. I was disappointed when they called in the evening that they couldn't find one!

grin grin grin grin grin. Reality has started playing in. I guess this coincides with what I wrote earlier. Now come to thimk of it @ op. If you had travelled all the way down to lagos. angry ladipo spare part dealers. All they are good in is noise making and sensible engineers do not mKe noise with them. Let the search continue @ op
Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
@ op provide me details of your ride. Engine capacity and chasis number would do let me get the info from our part supplier
Re: Bmw Engines by Denn(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
USAutoBuy:

Getting refunds SEVERALLY at Ladipo is a WISHFUL THINKING at best. Please hear me, i am not saying the claim is false but i PERSONALLY have yet to encounter it. No matter the relationship with the vendor.

The good ones will let you exchange without paying extra. Otherwise they will come up with stories why you have to pay more for the other part (even when its cheaper) especially if the part belongs to another seller.

Full REFUND? N650k

I think that is why we have different businesses then.

You run yours the way it suits you and i do mine the way it suits me.

I get parts on credit, I get exchanges and I get refunds.

This is not internet repair experience but real foot-on-ground experiences.

There is no point arguing out experiences....mine could be different from yours....there was a time people thought the earth was flat-based on their experience...

By the way, I just got a full refund for an Hyundai Tucson Cylinder Head only last week. Vendor sent two different sets and all had issues.

How much transaction do you do with each individual vendor per annum? Or you just pick the next available seller once in a while?

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
@ Denn,

I get exactly what you are saying. The poster is not a mechanic. he saw an offer. And most likely it will be the only offer out there. I dont think there are several V12 BMW engines just all over Ladipo. If he is lucky he will find 1 or 2.

Knowing how rare it is, seller will most likely sell on his own terms cos he is the only game in town (and he knows it).

Possibility of being for a 2007 BMW 760I? That's the unknown (Anything is possible)

You can pick and chose when choices is plentiful, but not when its only a handful of the vehicle is sold in the 1st place.

Once again, 760IL's are rare breed. People don't just buy them, you SEEK them!

No one buys such a car out on a whim without knowing why he is paying $130,000 plus applicable taxes which could set it to like $150k

We all have a front row seat and we are watching.

OP can post the pics of the engine he wants to buy, we can all see physically even if its for the same era of V12 engines. It could be for late 90's model.
Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
USAutoBuy:
@ Denn,

I get exactly what you are saying. The poster is not a mechanic. he saw an offer. And most likely it will be the only offer out there. I dont think there are several V12 BMW engines just all over Ladipo. If he is lucky he will find 1 or 2.

Knowing how rare it is, seller will most likely sell on his own terms cos he is the only game in town (and he knows it).

Possibility of being for a 2007 BMW 760I? That's the unknown (Anything is possible)

You can pick and chose when choices is plentiful, but not when its only a handful of the vehicle is sold in the 1st place.

Once again, 760IL's are rare breed. People don't just buy them, you SEEK them!

No one buys such a car out on a whim without knowing why he is paying $130,000 plus applicable taxes which could set it to like $150k

We all have a front row seat and we are watching.

OP can post the pics of the engine he wants to buy, we can all see physically even if its for the same era of V12 engines. It could be for late 90's model.

We are all seating in this cinema, but the movie has refused to start...............
Re: Bmw Engines by davelon(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
USAutoBuy:
I just looked into it, the best i can get you the engine from the USA is $5,000

NON-NEGOTIABLE!!!!
2.1million..jeez
Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
davelon:

2.1million..jeez

Will you like a quote for a new engine?!
Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
sultaan:

Will you like a quote for a new engine?!

If they still have an engine, would not be surprising if it's topping almost $30,000
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:21am On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=mayor2013 post=49180985]@ op provide me details of your ride. Engine capacity and chasis number would do let me get the info from our part supplier[/quote

Mine is 6.0l, the chassis no. I will call the mechanic to send it to me. Or when am back home by the weekend ll check the car docs.
Howeva, hv a glimpse of the top. The remaining part of the engine is still in the bonnet.

Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 2:56am On Sep 09, 2016
I hope that car is in your compound if not just tow it home it might take a couple of weeks to get another engine
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 3:00am On Sep 09, 2016
sultaan:
I hope that car is in your compound if not just tow it home it might take a couple of weeks to get another engine

No, not at home yet. Thot I wld fix it without fuss. Didn't expect it to tek dis long. Howeva, ll tow it home pending when I get a replacement engine then.

which of the engine ll it be then? Now that u hv seen a part of the engine in the pics.
Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2016
Matters Arising! This is na serious one ooo.

How does a driver keep driving a beautiful car like this despite all the warnings and saying that he thought it wasn't working?

Let the seller of the engine send you the picture of the engine he is trying to sell you as well. Post it and we shall all see it.

And like someone said, tow the car home in a secure location so that they don't bastardize it.

Good luck out there

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2016
Pls post the VIN number as soon as you can. I will like to help you cross check and hopefully, it will be compatible with the older 2003-2006 engines.

That way, your cost of repairs will be lower. I will be bummed if a nice car like this ended up being abandoned

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
USAutoBuy:
Matters Arising! This is na serious one ooo.

How does a driver keep driving a beautiful car like this despite all the warnings and saying that he thought it wasn't working?

Let the seller of the engine send you the picture of the engine he is trying to sell you as well. Post it and we shall all see it.

And like someone said, tow the car home in a secure location so that they don't bastardize it.

Good luck out there

Roger that. That lame excuse is what I can't comprehend even now. Cldnt get to terms with the issue.
Will tow Saturday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
@ op your engine cost $7000. Shipping fee not inclusive. There is a core charge of $1000. What this means is that if you can return back your old engine. 1k dollar would be deducted from the $7000. Am yet to get the actual mileage of the engine. I would revert back with that.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
mayor2013:
@ op your engine cost $7000. Shipping fee not inclusive. There is a core charge of $1000. What this means is that if you can return back your old engine. 1k dollar would be deducted from the $7000. Am yet to get the actual mileage of the engine. I would revert back with that.

Kk. Can't thank u enof.
Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
Two engines are available one came out from a car of 39k miles and another with 44k miles

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by dotedote: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
CHEAPER but NOT BETTER to drive the Landcruisers and 4Runners
USAutoBuy:

Its not for the faint of heart. Someone called me a while ago looking for the shocks on a 760il limousine (European Spec). Its air shocks. I went into the dealership and its like $1,100 EACH!! the back ones. Did not hear from him again

Better to drive the Landcruisers and 4Runners

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Lexusgs430: 1:25am On Sep 10, 2016
mandmis007:

Roger that. That lame excuse is what I can't comprehend even now. Cldnt get to terms with the issue.
Will tow Saturday

It simply means, I DON'T own the car and DON'T care. Oga's problem, not MINE.................
Just tow home and keep searching for a replacement engine.
Its going to be a capital intensive project and time searching.................

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by MPVGoddess: 2:48am On Sep 10, 2016
mandmis007:

Will tow Saturday

if you own a premium vehicle, you need a driver who can do more that take it from point A to B

You need a driver who understands the cockpit instrumentation and how to respond to its issues and warning

I cannot say how painful this story is at $1=N430

Hope he doesn't get to take the pilot seat anymore once this is sorted out (in fact hope he is sacked)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Kills A Woman In Otukpo, Benue State / See The Car Brands That Have The Most Loyal Customers / The 03-07 Toyota Corolla Vs 08-010 Toyota Corolla Which Is Better And Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.