Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Christianity: Older Than Adam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity: Older Than Adam (485 Views)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity: Older Than Adam by bigdady9ja1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul. When he found him, he took him to Antioch, and for a whole year the two met with the people of the Church and taught a large group. It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.
Acts 11:25-26; GNT

Now, what I am about to share with you may sound blasphemous to some persons but, I have few scripture references to clear every doubt that may arise.

The end part of Acts 11:26 said that, “It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.” What does this mean?

Well, it simply translates that prior to Acts 11:26; no one had thought of a well befitting name for the new group of individuals who had an unequivocal love for a “Movement” (which now has come to be known as Christianity), never before seen heard or experienced: a Movement establish by a certain Man named Jesus, whom His followers referred to as the Christ or “Messiah” Hebrew for Saviour of the Human Race.

How It Came To Stay...

One day, someone with a keen sense of observation took a real good look at the lifestyle of the apostles and said, “You know what Sammy? I think these men and women are no different from that Character of a Man Jesus I saw and heard so much about while in back at Galilee! There is no telling any differences! If you would ask me, I would say we call them ‘Christians’ – people from Christ.”
(My humble thoughts.)

At that point, Christianity was discovered by the first fellow that created and pronounced the word “Christians” but, it did not mean that Christianity was not in existence prior to that timeline.

READ MORE BY DOWNLOADING PDF FILE... THANK YOU!

https://christianwriters.com/showcase/stories/christianity-older-than-adam-r320/#comment-565
Re: Christianity: Older Than Adam by texbaba1: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
I really dont get your point clearly, as your headlone does not totally follow the post. However, it is my opinion that christianity is not older than Adam. Christianity started as a way of life...following the footsteps of Jesus, and not necessarily as a religion. Jesus himself was not a christian ( he was raised by Joseph and mary his mother who where thorough bred jews) hence Jesus himself was a jew, having observed all the jewish festivals and tradition together with his parents. Christianity started many years after Jesus died, ressurected, and ascended...prior to this time there was nothing like christianity, all there is were the jews and their ways.
Re: Christianity: Older Than Adam by bigdady9ja1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Right! Just another literary Scholar. Thank you for your time.
Re: Christianity: Older Than Adam by ifenes(m): 2:53am On Sep 03, 2016
bigdady9ja1:
Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul. When he found him, he took him to Antioch, and for a whole year the two met with the people of the Church and taught a large group. It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.
Acts 11:25-26; GNT

Now, what I am about to share with you may sound blasphemous to some persons but, I have few scripture references to clear every doubt that may arise.

The end part of Acts 11:26 said that, “It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.” What does this mean?

Well, it simply translates that; prior to Acts 11:26, no one had thought of a well befitting name for those new group of individuals, who had an unequivocal love for a “Movement” (which now has come to be known as Christianity) never before seen heard or experienced; a Movement establish by a certain Man called Jesus, whom His followers referred to as the Christ, or “Messiah” Hebrew for Saviour of the Human Race.

Someone with a keen sense of observation took a real look at the lifestyle of the apostles and said, “Sammy, you know what? I think these men are no different from that Man, Jesus I saw and heard so much about while in back at Galilee! There is no telling any differences. If you would ask me, I would say we call them ‘Christians’ – people from Christ.”

At that point, Christianity was discovered by whomever the first fellow that created and pronounced the word “Christians” but, it did not mean that Christianity was not in existence!

READ MORE BY DOWNLOADING PDF FILE... THANK YOU!

https://christianwriters.com/showcase/stories/christianity-older-than-adam-r320/#comment-565

Do not write a book please.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Older Than Adam by bigdady9ja1(m): 5:37am On Sep 03, 2016
ifenes:

Do not write a book please.
lolzzzz lolzzzz lolzzzz lolzzzz I hear you. Thank you, anyways.

(1) (Reply)

True Wisdom / A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! / Ministry Organize Vigil For Those Who Lost Money To MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.