Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria (23838 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North / 10 Reasons Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria / ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Many people don’t seem to realize the benefit of legalizing guns in Nigeria. They think of the disadvantages alone, not the advantages. Why are we narrow-mindedly opinionated about this issue?

1. Men go into a house to rape a defenseless girl. Would they try that if they knew she’s armed with a gun? Rapists want to rape and live, not to rape and die.

2. Many aged parents still cry days and nights, while their broken souls plead for vengeance. Their innocent children were killed in Jos and elsewhere while they were serving their fatherland.

3. In Nigeria, most criminals want to do bad things to people and go scot-free. If they knew people had guns as well, they would think twice.

4. I must be blunt, what gives most criminals the gut to attack people is because people are defenseless. If 20 assassins go to a man’s house, they’ll kill him. But the man can kill up to 3 of them before he dies. This is better than when the man is killed without being able to kill anyone in return.

5. One-Chance, terrorists, herdsmen, militants, money ritualists, armed robbers, thugs, bullies, etc., are able to go away unscathed in most cases because their victims don’t have guns. To be frank, those who attack you have power over you only because they’re armed and you’re not.

6. If most members communities have guns in their hands, do you think armed robbers would like to go to their lion’s den to molest them?

7. Militants that terrorize communities would be afraid to do so; unless they’re going on suicide missions. The same is true of mad Jihadists. No mad or rabid dog would deliberately run into a burning fire.

8. Domestic violence would cease…. A corrupt cop would cease pointing their gun to a poor and helpless okada rider because of N100.

9. Lazy thugs that collect money they don’t work for would think twice before they start cursing or threatening their victims, ordering for money they don’t work for.

10. It’s true, many people would die. But the remaining people alive would sit right. They would show respect for one another. Politeness would prevail and crimes would be reduced to almost zero. Isn’t there any sense in this?

P.S Seun please tell your mods to move this to the front page.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by UndisputedBosom(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
You made sense but..... ICommentMyReserve

5 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by youngest85(m): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
U make sense die!

Can't wait 4 d implementation.....my landlord is my first target!

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by herzern1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
RUBBISH....

Fire arms legalization in Niqeria is a lead to anarchy!....

Not in Niqeria!!!.....

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Ekugbeh(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
I see ur point.

It's nice. Buh remeber, you dnt always do nice things.....

You do wah z right...

5 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by truthspeaks: 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
See shootings evrywhr per sec

12 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by kingsman66(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
day dream in the middle of the night......

2 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by veekid(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please legalise it; I need to use one on happney65

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Flashh: 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Even in America, it's not legalized to everyone. When some are caught, they will be asked what's the purpose of you having it? If you can't vindicate yourself well, you would be jailed.

Before they would legalize it, they needs to do mental checkup for people, because not everybody are mentally stable.

If you are that person that can't control your temper before taking devastating reactions, definitely, the rate of murdering would increase in Nigeria.

Let's take it out of these list.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
uyi26:
Many people don’t seem to realize the benefit of legalizing guns in Nigeria. They think of the disadvantages alone, not the advantages. Why are we narrow-mindedly opinionated about this issue?
1. Men go into a house to rape a defenseless girl. Would they try that if they knew she’s armed with a gun? Rapists want to rape and live, not to rape and die.
2. Many aged parents still cry days and nights, while their broken souls plead for vengeance. Their innocent children were killed in Jos and elsewhere while they were serving their fatherland.
3. In Nigeria, most criminals want to do bad things to people and go scot-free. If they knew people had guns as well, they would think twice.
4. I must be blunt, what gives most criminals the gut to attack people is because people are defenseless. If 20 assassins go to a man’s house, they’ll kill him. But the man can kill up to 3 of them before he dies. This is better than when the man is killed without being able to kill anyone in return.
5. One-Chance, terrorists, herdsmen, militants, money ritualists, armed robbers, thugs, bullies, etc., are able to go away unscathed in most cases because their victims don’t have guns. To be frank, those who attack you have power over you only because they’re armed and you’re not.
6. If most members communities have guns in their hands, do you think armed robbers would like to go to their lion’s den to molest them?
7. Militants that terrorize communities would be afraid to do so; unless they’re going on suicide missions. The same is true of mad Jihadists. No mad or rabid dog would deliberately run into a burning fire.
8. Domestic violence would cease…. A corrupt cop would cease pointing their gun to a poor and helpless okada rider because of N100.
9. Lazy thugs that collect money they don’t work for would think twice before they start cursing or threatening their victims, ordering for money they don’t work for.
10. It’s true, many people would die. But the remaining people alive would sit right. They would show respect for one another. Politeness would prevail and crimes would be reduced to almost zero. Isn’t there any sense in this?
P.S Seun please tell your mods to move this to the front page.

You are a baby... You know nothing.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by marshborn(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
The disadvantages surpass the advantages. We don't want to be like the U.S.A where people pull out guns at the slightest provocation.

59 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by donpata(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Most of the points are mere repetition. There shld be just one point.
All criminals will either stay away or come in2 one's house with fear. Lastly, they won't just do anyhow and getaway with it. They will pay with their lives.
But the disadvantage is that violence will increase. Someone can kill another for a mere 10 naira argument.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by johnwizey: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mods will nt ban anyhow

25 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by blackjack21(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
One reason why GUNS won't be legalized.

1: The politicians might be the victims

grin grin cheesy

And that alone has dismantle your arguments in the face of your lawbreakers. angry angry

34 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Ezedon(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
11. Just to reduce population due to scarcity of food, a lot of unemployment and lack of money

9 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Checked86: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
We are premature for that. Your ex can come for your head

15 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
What Nigerians need is food not guns.

14 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by mackenzie007(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
You want morning greeting to be gun shots abi. Ask mexico, they will tell you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
that will be great fulanis will think twice before they bring cattle to your farm, armed robbers will reduce, omonile will be nowhere near your land.

2 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Police be like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by OkoNDOoBo: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
90% of nigerians Re Emotionally and Mentally unstable .if Guns re legalised an average nigerian can kill at slight provocation.
After a year of legalising Guns nigeria's population would have been reduced by 10%

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by sonnie10: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
with all the Ogogoro joints around, you want to legalize guns abi?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by swaggzDawg: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
an eye for an eye will only make the whole world go blind

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Gidi3020(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Guy, this your we*d is so coming from Jamaica. Better than that of oshogbo..

8 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Raydos: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
It will be misused here in nigeria.

for example, if a girl breaks your heart, you can just shot her dead when you're emotionally drained.

hope you're aware about chris brown news that went viral few days ago?? he almost shot his girlfriend for admiring another guy.

even the USA is trying hard to control gun, but thing has already got out of hands

there's another alternative we can use to curb criminality, arm-robbery and so on aside from legalizing gun.

nigeria got no chill at all, use social-media bashing from nigerians as an example - assuming it's possible to kill through social-media, - i am very sure nigerians would have killed half of the world population by now.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Tkayhandsome(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice write up but I don't support it.

Mr Stanley who owns a registered gun might become so broke and the next thing is go to the next shop along the street and steal.
Youths can handle gun because they have one. If someone says ''your dead mama was an ashawo'' the next thing is to za...

Finally, I don't support legalisation of fire arms. My babe fit shoot me if I no sabi blow well. Remember chuks is also blowing her...

16 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by bignene(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
youngest85:
U make sense die!

Can't wait 4 d implementation.....my landlord is my first target!

12 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Come u no c wetin dey happen for USA ba legalize nikan ko

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by addikt(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ah, you've got a lot of points but this sounds like a go ahead to killing , some people wouldnt use it for all those points you mentioned . We all think different and express our annoyance in different ways , sometime's when people offend me so deeply , I think gosh, I feel like killing you !!!...why will I have to think about that twice when I have a gun at home ??......I don't even have to think about it at all before I kill especially when I'm drunk and high like now I just came back home from a nearby beer parlour (pub) ...if I have a gun, I would have killed the Landlord tonight because his generator is disturbing too much!!! angry

At least ,I'm so high, but I'll look so innocent in the morning bro.... cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mortuary go full! grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by kinglekan: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
uyi26:

10. It’s true, many people would die. But the remaining people alive would sit right . They would show respect for one another. Politeness would prevail and crimes would be reduced to almost zero. Isn’t there any sense in this?

You apparently have been watching too many Hollywood movies!
@Bold Really?? and you know this because you can see the future? grin grin

You acknowledge the fact that many people would die yet you still think this is what we need as a nation?
A law that has the potential of putting an innocent life at risk isn't even worth discussing!

6 Likes

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by soberdrunk(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Its time to go back to my place of birth......... I can feel it...........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Continue Tweeting, National Assembly Minority Caucus Tells Nigerians / #EndSARS: Act On Judicial Panel Report - US Tells Buhari, Lagos State Government / Photos From Mariam Abacha's 68th Birthday Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.