Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,365 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? (16328 Views)

I Want To Travel Out Of Nigeria. Pls Advice / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? / Which African Passport Is Best To Travel Out From Thailand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by edgenig: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2009
can i apply for visa and travel out with a pregnancy?5 months?
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
I doubt, cos the assumption will be that u are trying to stay and have ur baby there. So i don't think USA or UK embassy will give u visa.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by phuckNL: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2009
See your head. You sef wan go born citizen abi. Will you carry your child to LUTH and stamp Nigerian citizenship on his/her head juh!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by MrCrackles(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2009
edgenig:

No you cant. . . .Stay in your country!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by redsky1: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2009
very funny question - where are u hoping to travel to
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by phuckNL: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

No you cant. . . .Stay in your country!

You wey dey talk, i am sure you are not in urs sef.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by blackspade(m): 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2009
You should have applied earlier. If you're showing, the embassy might issue you a visa, but you will most likely have some difficulty getting on your flight. Better luck next time.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by noblegas2(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2009
Lmfao. 9jaaaaaa! Neweiz notin do us. @ topic, i dnt thnk so cuz D Embassy are aware of ur motive!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by OAM4J: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2009
I beg lets try help our sister. Even though we understand her desire.

@ Poster.

What country do you want to go? There are some embassies that will not bother to see your face if you submit all the right documents and they will not ask you in their application form if you are pregnant or not, nor ask you to do pregnancy test. At least I know UK for certain. My friend’s wife applied for UK visitor visa after she got pregnant (4 months), she went to UK 2 months to her delivery, delivered in UK and came back to Naija after the delivery.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by redsky1: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2009
OAM4J:

I beg lets try help our sister. Even though we understand her desire.

@ Poster.

What country do you want to go? There are some embassies that will not bother to see your face if you submit all the right documents and they will not ask you in their application form if you are pregnant or not, nor ask you to do pregnancy test. At least I know UK for certain. My friend’s wife applied for UK visitor visa after she got pregnant (4 months), she went to UK 2 months to her delivery, delivered in UK and came back to Naija after the delivery.

DID this ur friends wife pay for this or was it my tax that picked up the bill. yes i have asked the question
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by MrCrackles(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2009
phuck_NL:

You wey dey talk, i am sure you are not in urs sef.
You cant be sure if something is not a fact. . . .Dont be daft!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by phuckNL: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

You cant be sure if something is not a fact. . . .Dont be daft!

Okay lets confirm my daftness. Are you in Nigeria?
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by MrCrackles(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2009
huck_NL:

Okay lets confirm my daftness. Are you in Nigeria?
Well i am in my country. . .Where i was born and bred!
I carry my country's passport and nothing else. . .
My origin might be different. . . .
End off!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by phuckNL: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Well i am in my country. . .Where i was born and bred!
I carry my country's passport and nothing else. . .
My origin might be different. . . .
End off!

Spare me the B.S. If ur parents didn't do what the person on here is proposing, you wouldn't have a passport different from the green passport.
Your country is Nigeria whether you like it or not. All that citizen of wherever you claim na story. How dare you come here and tell the poster to stay in their country. Did you parents stay in theres? They did exactly what dis poster intends to do
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by redsky1: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2009
no the poster plans to use the facilities and go - without contributing one penny to the system that will help her.

its not the same - after all she is not a citizen and giving birth in the Uk doesn't give ur child citzenship again (so know ur facts) ur kids can only be citizens if the parents are.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by redsky1: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2009
phuck_NL:

I hit a spot abi? Truth hurts.
True - I don't know what country you reside. I don't care and don't need to know.
The point is that your parent did exactly the same thing the poster wants to do.
If they delivered you in Nigeria, you would be a Nigerian citizen.

um point of correction - i was delivered in nigeria and have dual nationality so what are u sayig exactly.

what she is doing is wasting her money on visa, travel and accomodation here as giving birth in the UK gives your child nothing
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by justwise(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2009
redsky1:

um point of correction - i was delivered in nigeria and have dual nationality so what are u sayig exactly.

what she is doing is wasting her money on visa, travel and accomodation here as giving birth in the UK gives your child nothing

Absolutely agree with u, things have changed now, Uk is no more drop in centre for citizenship
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by MrCrackles(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2009
justwise:

[/b]
Absolutely agree with u, things have changed now, Uk is no more drop in centre for citizenship
Thank you. . . .
Not just the UK, but so many other countries are catching up on the stupid trend!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by justwise(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Thank you. . . .
Not just the UK, but so many other countries are catching up on the stupid trend!

Its not fair that others work round the clock and pay into the system while somebody just turn-up and use the NHS without paying nothing
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by MrCrackles(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2009
justwise:

Its not fair that others work round the clock and pay into the system while somebody just turn-up and use the NHS without paying nothing
My brother i tire o. . .
A lot of other countries know this crude tactics and steps are being taken to stop it. . . . .
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2009
ROTFLMAO

The 2 of una dey make me laugh.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by posakosa(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2009
edgenig:

If you can afford it, I see no reason why you can't ? Are you showing ? If u're not then don't tell anyone u're pregnant.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by mrperfect(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2009
This forum really needed to be sanitized,  a question is asked and something different is given as answer.
@posakosa, you are welcome as you are in line to the question been asked.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by Theblessed(f): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2009
Why not? Go ahead and apply whether you are travelling with a boyfriend or not or a husband, you need not restrict yourself.  Afterall, you're a person in your own right so, do it!  As far as all your travelling documents are correct and intact and, you have enough finance to fund yourself when you get there etc, I can not see why you shouldn't apply for a visa simply because you're pregnant afterall, the pregnancy is not due yet.  So, why limit you self and your progress by thinking negatively? Go, girl go! You would be suprised!  Good luck!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by posakosa(m): 11:59am On Oct 05, 2009
I have a friend who traveled at 7 months pregnant,  she wore traditional African attire so that no one will see her stomach. She will be giving birth in 2 months time and then going back to naija after,  she wants her child to have U.S. citizenship,  but she can afford it sha. Plus she's a banker in naija so they know that she will be coming back.

My friend traveled by herself. Her hubbie is in Naija.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2009
posakosa:

I have a friend who traveled at 7 months pregnant, she wore traditional African attire so that no one will see her stomach. She will be giving birth in 2 months time and then going back to naija after, she wants her child to have U.S. citizenship, [b]but she can afford it sha[/b]. Plus she's a banker in naija so they know that she will be coming back.

My friend traveled by herself. Her hubbie is in Naija.

If she can afford it then cool, no problem with that. They know those who can afford it and those who wants to take advantage of the system
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by remoranger(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
@mrcrackles
why are some Nigerian's so self hating? embarassed embarassed
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
Theblessed:

Why not? Go ahead and apply whether you are travelling with a boyfriend or not or a husband, you need not restrict yourself.  Afterall, you're a person in your own right so, do it!  As far as all your travelling documents are correct and intact and, [b]you have enough finance to fund yourself when you get there etc, I can not see why you shouldn't apply for a visa simply because you're pregnant afterall, the pregnancy is not due yet.  So, why limit you self and your progress by thinking negatively? Go, girl go! You would be suprised!  Good luck! [/b]

Thats the point here, nobody is stopping her from using her money to get what she wants. If she doesn't have enough money for the trip then its going to be tough one for her, last yr or 2 ago a nigerian woman was refused life saving operation in the uk here cos she came on a visitor's visa and over stayed. Her pregnacy was due, unfortunately she needed an urgent medical attention, she died and the news were everywhere, pple were angry with NHS. Its not a good experience.
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by kshow1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2009
Of course YES if its UK cos you will not appear, but be sure of how you will get in when you are eventually given the visa cos you might be turned back at the airport if immigration officers notice and are not convinced of your intentions. If you are eventually allowed in you will need to pay about 1,000 plus GBP for normal delivery or 3,000 plus GBP for CS and of course your child gets nothing aside from the british birth certificate.

Good luck
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by r231(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ask your fellow Nigerians. . .

grin grin grin
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by Theblessed(f): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2009
phuck_NL:

I hit a spot abi? Truth hurts.
True -  I don't know what country you reside. I don't care and don't need to know.
The point is that your parent did exactly the same thing the poster wants to do.
If they delivered you in Nigeria, you would be a Nigerian citizen.

Absolutely truth and nothing but the truth.  I did the same many years ago, alright?  Without it, mine wouldn't have legs to stand and now, see them benefit and enjoy and even take for granted the lifestyle they have now.   Imagine the way Nigeria is today - people suffering like HELL! It has always been the case, parents sacrificing alot for their children and this is exactly what this young lady is trying to do for her future and kid.  God will open the way for her because, he is a God of IMPOSSIBILITY made POSSIBLE!
Re: Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? by snowdrops(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ poster

I dont see why you cannot apply for a visa. Restriction on travel when pregnant is depends on the airline and country of destination. For the former, mainly based on health and safety reasons in case there is a crisis mid air that requires medical attention. For the latter, health insurance, immigration reason mainly.

(1) (2) (3)

Travellers No Longer Require COVID-19 Test, Use Of Face Mask Now Discretionary / Pictures Of Bauchi Airport Construction As At August, 2013 / 3rd Mainland Bridge Will Not Be Closed For 27 Months – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.