Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,357 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6250292 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
No they did not.

Jay254:

S.A signed, keep lying to your selves.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

Hahaha seems our hotels and lodges are giving you sleepless nights...

I brought in Morocco so as to have neutral view but your pride is too high..

Most of your brothers have told you Nigeria is still far behind but you can't see.. stick with your blindness.

none of your hotels can be rated 5 star. so why would they give me sleepless night. except there are ones you have not shown. who are my brothers?.so it the judgement of the so called brothers that is making your hair grow tall? i would rather believe that kenya is ahead of nigeria if that would make you happy and then which is more deceptive.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=uzzolik post=66064018][/quote]

none of your hotels can be rated 5 star. so why would they give me sleepless night. except there are ones you have not shown. who are my brothers?.so it the judgement of the so called brothers that is making your hair grow tall? i would rather believe that kenya is ahead of nigeria if that would make you happy and then which is more deceptive. reason it yourselve naaa. A GDP of $510B and $75B, would i not be blind if i believe 75B is bigger than 510B? so it is you that is blind.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hati13:

You will be in paradise not here as a ghost. smiley
Amen smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
Nigeria (GDP) is was worth $405.10 billion and Nigeria is Owing $287 billion.
Nigeria is owing China $65 billion at the end of December 2016.
Today we are owing China + $72 billion .
42% off money you spent in Nigeria go to pay the Debt back.
So want good is the GDP.

America owes more than its gdp. There’s nothing wrong in borrowing as long as it’s productive
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hati13:

I agree. I think one day we will co-host the World Cup just like Japan and Southern Korea did back in 2002.

Most of the top Ethiopian athletes live in Addis. Haile/Gebreselassie (the great distance runner) told our late PM Meles Zenawi that he wanted to be a PM and Meles told him that “leg can’t be brain”. grin

With the growth being experienced in E.Africa that may not take too long to host such amajor event... It will be a blessing.

Hahaha that was anice one, "leg can't be brain".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hati13:

I’m talking about Ethio-Kenya. There is no need for passport.

Do you work in border office?
I don't. But I've gotten to look at some of the cases. That road goes all the way to South Africa so there are alot of human-trafficking concerns and policing.

Don't go by what the politicians are saying. You need a passport, with a valid stamp showing the time you intend to be in the country. I've seen most get a two weeks stamp(visa) from the immigration. May be because they are just travelling through.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
naijalander:
No they did not.

What did they sign up for Please come with proof..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

none of your hotels can be rated 5 star. so why would they give me sleepless night. except there are ones you have not shown. who are my brothers?.so it the judgement of the so called brothers that is making your hair grow tall? i would rather believe that kenya is ahead of nigeria if that would make you happy and then which is more deceptive. reason it yourselve naaa. A GDP of $510B and $75B, would i not be blind if i believe 75B is bigger than 510B? so it is you that is blind.

We have several 5* hotels in the country, our hotels have won continental and international awards for their quality.. How dar a nigerian talk about 5* when you only see them on tv...

Nigeria for sure has a bigger GDP but my issue is that you can't feel it or even see it with your eyes.. with such GDP we need to see major highway, electric train's, grand cities.. You have abigger GDP than S.A but on the ground S.A is hundred years ahead of you.

Kenyans GDP is small but we have alot to show than the sleeping Giant.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
Nigeria (GDP) is was worth $405.10 billion and Nigeria is Owing $287 billion.
Nigeria is owing China $65 billion at the end of December 2016.
Today we are owing China + $72 billion .
42% off money you spent in Nigeria go to pay the Debt back.
So want good is the GDP.
Lol, who told u or where did u see that Nigeria is owing $287b?

This thread sef, na different different thing person dey see.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

We have several 5* hotels in the country, our hotels have won continental and international awards for their quality.. How dar a nigerian talk about 5* when you only see them on tv...

Nigeria for sure has a bigger GDP but my issue is that you can't feel it or even see it with your eyes.. with such GDP we need to see major highway, electric train's, grand cities.. You have abigger GDP than S.A but on the ground S.A is hundred years ahead of you.

Like ur country being 26% urban n 74% rural compared with Nigeria's 49% urban n 51% rural.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
shervydman:

Lol, who told u or where did u see that Nigeria is owing $287b?

This thread sef, na different different thing person dey see.

l am also shocked. l think he pulled that one straight from his ass.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

yea because nigeria is not as small as Kenya we have a huge population. our recurrent expedition takes a larger chunk of the budget. but that is not withstanding, we have about 36 states and FCT. they are developing at their level. we are a multi ethnic country. development is not concentrated on one particular region. if nigeria brings its resource and concentrate on Lagos alone, it will compete with places like dubai, but the politicians dont want it that way, in fact. they will grumble if the FG concentrate on any particular region, that is why they allow each state to develop at their own pace. but in terms of transportation, nigeria has a major railway master plan that will connect rail line to all the states. and they are doing that with the east west rail line. why we did not develop rail earlier was beacuse the older senate killed a bill that could have developed nigeria railway system. what happened in SA is that the whites built those cities themselves, that is why some of us believed that the whites should have stayed longer in nigeria. the morrocos you are talking about have built their system long time ago, maybe because of their western links. but we will get it right with time. dont rate us with high ways, we have a lot, just that bureaucracy problem is affecting us. some people would analyse and tell you how it is not environmentally impact full etc. even eko atlantic, alot of people have spoken against it.but we will get there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
shervydman:

Like ur country being 26% urban n 74% rural compared with Nigeria's 49% urban n 51% rural.

This is not an achievement, life in rural Kenya has a very high standard of living, proper infrastructure,clean water,better healthcare. .. Btw most of the major hotels you see here are in the villages and not urban centers.
What will make them move?

Btw apart from hotels we also beat Nigeria in retail business, less than 5% of Nigerians retail is formalised while in Kenya in over 30%.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
if you borrowing and used the money to build houses out of the Country now you want Nigeria to pay back.
e.g. In Nigeria 11 million houses, 43 million houses owned buy Nigerian out off the Country.
is this the type of borrowing you want. borrowing and build order Country.
nwoke37:

America owes more than its gdp. There’s nothing wrong in borrowing as long as it’s productive
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

yea because nigeria is not as small as Kenya we have a huge population. our recurrent expedition takes a larger sum of the budget. but that is not withstanding, we have about 36 states and FCT. they are developing at their level. we are a multi ethnic country. development is not concentrated on one particular region. if nigeria brings its resource and concentrate on Lagos alone, it will compete with places like dubai, but the politicians dont want it that way, in fact. they will grumble if the FG concentrate on any particular region, that is why they allow each state to develop at their own pace. but in terms of transportation, nigeria has a major railway master plan that will connect rail line to all the states. and they are doing that with the east west rail line. why we did not develop rail earlier was beacuse the older senate killed a bill that could have developed nigeria railway system. what happened in SA is that the whites built those cities themselves, that is why some of us believed that the whites should have stayed longer in nigeria. the morrocos you are talking about have built their system long time ago, maybe because of their western links. but we will get it right with time. dont rate us with high ways, we have a lot, just that bureaucracy problem is affecting us. some people would analyse and tell you how it is not environmentally impact full etc. even eko atlantic, alot of people have spoken against it.but we will get there.

S.A or Morocco regardless the time or who build them, they still have alesser economy than Nigeria on paper.

My question is, where is this big GDP on the ground?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

S.A or Morocco regardless the time or who build them, they still have alesser economy than Nigeria on paper.

My question is, where is this big GDP on the ground?

i think you have problem with your comprehension. Do you know anything about GDP?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

We will build a super dome over the island so that no nukes can reach us and then kick the hell outta Somalis. Like colonize them or whatever can be done to them until they stop fighting. Im going to do a research into this "How to stop Somalis from fighting". Doesnt matter I dont even know what field it would be is it genetics, metaphysics, whichever. But the top theory is that once we are 1000 km into the ocean, all Kenyans will jump 10 feet into the air so that the island will tilt steep on the Somali side and they all drop into the water! angry

Lol

The Somali will claim Allah gave them dominion over the land and water. To be on the safe side we MUST leave them in Africa when we secede. No island will be safe with Somalis running a mock as its in their nature. angry

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

GDP can't be used to quantify the development status of a nation,moreso almost 90% of the GDP that thrives from the oil sector where its poorly managed and there is high cases of graft.Real GDP thrives from a diversified economy like retail sector,manufacturing,agriculture just to mention but a few and Nigeria can't meet the standards of retail and manufacturing sectors that other countries such as south Africa and Kenya have attained.A country with a small GDP like Kenya and Rwanda are making good use of their economic income than Nigeria a country with huge GDP can't even account for how its being used,even a country like Kenya that you guys say its nothing to you has something by far to you peeps in most of the aspects...Nigeria the giant of Africa grin grin grin grin
South Africa is the real giant of Africa yet thet never have that ego status
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

How does safari wild life and marathon entail my point of view??go and drown in the pool of jealousy you bittered gene,and there's isn't any bitter facts you're telling me until I get worth convinced with your statement validity.

Ur piont of view isn't any of my bizness! In 9ja the vocalbulary jealousy, we don't know.
We got no time convincing wannabes, we are CLASS inside out
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

....And it will take them a couple of years to reach our standards grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
In 2015 Nigeria owed $200b, no need for foreign loan. I am not a fool.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/04/nigeria-owed-200b-no-need-for-foreign-loan-falana/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

GDP can't be used to quantify the development status of a nation,moreso almost 90% of the GDP that thrives from the oil sector where its poorly managed and there is high cases of graft.Real GDP thrives from a diversified economy like retail sector,manufacturing,agriculture just to mention but a few and Nigeria can't meet the standards of retail and manufacturing sectors that other countries such as south Africa and Kenya have attained.A country with a small GDP like Kenya and Rwanda are making good use of their economic income than Nigeria a country with huge GDP can't even account for how its being used,even a country like Kenya that you guys say its nothing to you has something by far to you peeps in most of the aspects...Nigeria the giant of Africa grin grin grin grin

At times you make some sense, at the same very moment you start making useless statements. what percentage of nigeria GDP is contributed by oil sector? most the GDP is derived by Service sector including our services outside the country. if you know nothing about GDP just shut up ok
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
mildflame:

Ur piont of view isn't any of my bizness! In 9ja the vocalbulary jealousy, we don't know.
We got no time convincing wannabes, we are CLASS inside out

And who gives it a damn care ?don't misquote issues that are uncalled for,be precised and know what you're sharing with others,don't fabricate statements and furthermore no one is interested to know your shithole country,the likes of vocabulary ..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

i think you have problem with your comprehension. Do you know anything about GDP?

I do..

Your gdp does not translate to the life of majority of Nigerians on the ground... seems it's being held by very few sectors and people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jacaranda bloom Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
In 2015 Nigeria owed $200b, no need for foreign loan. I am not a fool.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/04/nigeria-owed-200b-no-need-for-foreign-loan-falana/
My man did you even read your link? please read it again and stop embarrassing yourself.
Quote from your link where it says Nigeria owes $200BN. Falana was saying there's no need to take foreign loan anymore because NNPC owes the country $200bn.
No need to collect external loan when NNPC has $200bn belonging to the Nigerian people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

I do..

Your gdp does not translate to the life of majority of Nigerians on the ground... seems it's being held by very few sectors and people.

You've been asked what you understand by GDP, you think GDP is money held by some people?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

90% of the GDP does not thrive from the oil sector, what you mean to say is that 90% of Governments' money and foreign exchange comes from the oil sector, so oil primarily affects the budget of Nigeria or becomes a beam balance for the economy as a whole. But this is a small matter and it's totally different from saying 90% of the GDP is from oil. Nigeria is even more diversified than Algeria and Angola ( when it comes to dependence on oil ) but unlike most countries,it is a largely informal economy. Services and Agriculture contribute about 25% each while oil contributes about 15% to GDP.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

At times you make some sense, at the same very moment you start making useless statements. what percentage of nigeria GDP is contributed by oil sector? most the GDP is derived by Service sector including our services outside the country. if you know nothing about GDP just shut up ok

Look at this pot calling the kettle black.

Do you know the meaning of GDP?
Were you taught economics in the relevant learning institutions or is it that your tutor misled you by default?
Don't raise some compromises here.

GDP is the total income production of all goods and services produced by citizens in a particular country irrespective of their nationalities.

So how does your services outside your country constitutes part of the Gross Domestic Product?
Those services which you guys remit to other countries forms part of the Gross National Product GNP,not GDP neither.
And as for the case of south Africa,its the only country that's truly and verifiably known to be the real giant of the continent,even the world knows that,you can dispute it with your own bitterness and salivate jealousy and also pluck some egoism to give yourselves many titles as possible,no one will be damn bothered.
Don't be a learned fool with your statement of model thinking of 'i know everything'.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

Look at this pot calling the kettle black.

Do you know the meaning of GDP?
Were you taught economics in the relevant learning institutions or is it that your tutor misled you by default?
Don't raise some compromises here.

GDP is the total income production of all goods and services produced by citizens in a particular country irrespective of their nationalities.

So how does your services outside your country constitutes part of the Gross Domestic Product?
Those services which you guys remit to other countries forms part of the Gross National Product GNP,not GDP neither.
And as for the case of south Africa,its the only country that's truly and verifiably known to be the real giant of the continent,even the world knows that,you can dispute it with your own bitterness and salivate jealousy and also pluck some egoism to give yourselves many titles as possible,no one will be damn bothered.
Don't be a learned fool with your statement of model thinking of 'i know everything'.
l think he meant services from outside the country by Nigerians in diaspora remitted to Nigeria yearly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l think he meant services from outside the country by Nigerians in diaspora remitted to Nigeria yearly.

That now can either be adding GNP to Nigeria or adding GDP of the diaspora nations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.