Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6210199 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2016

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
mkenya254:

You are making warships while 70% of your population is below the poverty line. You are dimwits
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873

the BBC here says you are a liar!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816489. I heard you guys dont have an oil refinery. You export crude then import refined products. Is this true??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
solbil:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873

the BBC here says you are a liar!

2010 at 61% from 54.7% in 2004. i wqas quoting 2015 figures at around 70%

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

how can Nigerians immigrate illegally to Kenya wen the visa is virtually free and can be obtained from point of entries for only 50Dollers , are your guys sick or what ?

Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry-Kenya immigration

You see most Nigerians want to live, work and do business here. So what most Nigerians do is get the tourist VISA that allows you to stay for upto 3 months but then they are not here for tourism. They head over to some cheap Nigerian neighborhood and hide there with fellow Nigerians and refuse to go back home

Of course not all Nigerians do this e.g. Those hired by Andela and some other businesses have genuine long term visas. However majority of Nigerians living here are here have overstayed their 3 month visas and do not want to leave.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kongobi: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

it was 1500 before now 5000..so you can see your self

please don't forget , list of the owners of the tallest buildings in Kenya ?

you asked for it

Number 1
BRITAM TOWER 200M

owned by britam insuarance ,currently near completion.

2: UAP TOWER 163 M
owned by UAP insuarance kenya

3.TIMES TOWER 140 M
owned by the government of kenya
houses the Kenya Revenue Authority

4.PRISM TOWER 133M
currently under construction,owned by Kings Developers Limited (KDL), is a fully Kenyan-owned real estate development company

5. LE'MAC 126M
currently the tallest residential tower in kenya, in the final stages of construction
owned by Mark properties (Kenyan-owned real estate development company)

6.PARLIAMENT TOWER 125M
currently under construction it is owned by the government of Kenya, it will house offices for various government functions.

7: TELEPOSTA TOWERS 120 M

owned by the government of Kenya ,Kenya's Ministry of Information and Communications and Ministry of Trade are based in the building.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Teleposta_Towers,_Nairobi.jpg[/img]

8: KICC 105 M

owned by the government of Kenya it houses an international conference center and has hosted many historic meetings involving the country and the world

9:KCB PLAZA 100M
owned by Kenya Commercial Bank

10:I&M TOWER
owned by I&M bank group , a local bank
In 2002, the present headquarters building, a 16-storey glass and steel skyscraper known as the I&M Bank Tower, was opened on Kenyatta Avenue, in Nairobi's central business district.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
kongobi:

you asked for it

Number 1
BRITAM TOWER 200M

owned by britam insuarance ,currently near completion.

[img]https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/387/31305529220_074c202474_b.jpg[/img

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5699/30378081352_02df1b6ee9_b.jpg'[/img]
[img]http://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/14624356_645934745576436_891718936742068224_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM1NTkxNDE4ODU3Njc3NjY0NQ%3D%3D.2[/img]

2: UAP TOWER 163 M
owned by UAP insuarance kenya

3.TIMES TOWER 140 M
owned by the government of kenya
houses the Kenya Revenue Authority

4.PRISM TOWER 133M
currently under construction,owned by Kings Developers Limited (KDL), is a fully Kenyan-owned real estate development company

5. LE'MAC 126M
currently the tallest residential tower in kenya, in the final stages of construction
owned by Mark properties (Kenyan-owned real estate development company)

[img] https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5726/30444906453_476a92e615_b.jpg[/img]

6.PARLIAMENT TOWER 125M
currently under construction it is owned by the government of Kenya, it will house offices for various government functions.

7: TELEPOSTA TOWERS 120 M

owned by the government of Kenya ,Kenya's Ministry of Information and Communications and Ministry of Trade are based in the building.

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Teleposta_Towers,_Nairobi.jpg
[/img]

8: KICC 105 M

owned by the government of Kenya it houses an international conference center and has hosted many historic meetings involving the country and the world

9:KCB PLAZA 100M
owned by Kenya Commercial Bank

10:I&M TOWER
owned by I&M bank group , a local bank
In 2002, the present headquarters building, a 16-storey glass and steel skyscraper known as the I&M Bank Tower, was opened on Kenyatta Avenue, in Nairobi's central business district.

Great!, (Britam Tower is a 31 storey building under construction in Upper Hill) while eko towers is 34,33,32,28..), Nairobifirstly British American Investment Company (Mauritius) owned Britam Holdings Limited, previously known by as British-American Investments Company Kenyans only have shares of the building at the stock markets
"t[b]he group's operations commenced in Kenya in 1965 with the opening of the first office in Nairobi as a foreign branch of British-American Insurance Company Limited, headquartered in the Bahamas[/b]. A local company was incorporated on 14 November 1979 as British-American Insurance Company (Kenya) Limited under the Companies Act as a private limited liability company following a government directive that all branches of foreign owned insurance companies must be incorporated locally. By this time, the Company had established nine branches across Kenya. This local incorporation represented the first step in the localisation of the Company. In 1984, local Kenyan investors acquired 33.33 percent of the shareholding in line with government directives

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

obviously, if i have few facilities that consumes less energy i will be able to generate constant electricity don't you think so? ,man, every part of Nigeria have large industries from Kaduna,Kano,IMO.Anambara,Lagos Ogun to Oyo ...unlike Kenya where the few industries are located in Nairobi.

Dude Thika is the most industrialized town in Kenya followed by Nairobi.

If you are do industrialized why are you not able to refine crude oil produced in your country yet you are the largest producer of oil in Africa. You people make Africa look bad. Out of the top 10 producers of oil in the world you are the only country that exports their crude then imports refined oil products... Lol. Industrialized my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
"We have always said ... the Nigerian space program is not going to be an ego trip," Mohammed told CNNMoney. "We are not part of the race for the moon, we're not part the race for Mars," he continued. "What we need to look at is using the space program to look at how we can create typical Nigerian solutions to most of our problems." Mohammed's goals include the ability to locally design and build a satellite by 2018. By 2030, he hopes to launch a satellite from Nigerian territory. After that? He wants to put a man to the moon. Full coverage: Nigeria: An Economy Divided Yet Mohammed faces intense scrutiny. Critics want to know why Nigeria is spending money on a space program when 70% of its citizens live below the poverty line. When the country's economy is facing an imminent recession? Moreover, what's the point of a moon mission that would launch more than 60 years after Apollo 11? Mohammed points to the country's three existing satellites as evidence of what can be gained from a national space program. Already, they've helped document regional climate change patterns and update the country's outdated maps. They've also been useful in tracking the movements of terrorist group Boko Haram in remote areas of the country. Related: Can this massive refinery solve Nigeria's energy crisis? Mohammed's next priority is launching a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite capable of penetrating cloud coverage. The images it produces should help monitor activity in the Gulf of Guinea, which has recently seen a rise in pirate activity. Mohammed says these projects are about "capacity building" -- advancements that will eventually turn Nigeria into a regional space innovation hub. A staff member works at NASRDA. Look no further, he says, than NASRDA's 2,000-member staff. Mohammed recalls that when he started at the agency eight years ago, it boasted just six scientists with PhDs. Now, the number of PhDs on staff has increased to 70, and another 50 employees are studying in pursuit of advanced degrees. NASRDA has been granted $20 million this financial year to keep operations going, but it needs $65 million more to get its next satellite project off the ground. Mohammed says the money will be put to good use -- after all, Nigeria is building on the efforts of others. "We're not reinventing the wheel," he said. "The Nigerian model is a good model for the developing world. We're not starting all over like the U.S. or Russia." June 07 Abuja, Nigeria
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/07/news/nigeria-space-program/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

Great!, (Britam Tower is a 31 storey building under construction in Upper Hill) while eko towerers is 34,33,32,20..), Nairobifirstly British American Investment Company (Mauritius) owned Britam Holdings Limited, previously known by as British-American Investments Company Kenyans only have shares of the building at the stock markets
"t[b]he group's operations commenced in Kenya in 1965 with the opening of the first office in Nairobi as a foreign branch of British-American Insurance Company Limited, headquartered in the Bahamas[/b]. A local company was incorporated on 14 November 1979 as British-American Insurance Company (Kenya) Limited under the Companies Act as a private limited liability company following a government directive that all branches of foreign owned insurance companies must be incorporated locally. By this time, the Company had established nine branches across Kenya. This local incorporation represented the first step in the localisation of the Company. In 1984, local Kenyan investors acquired 33.33 percent of the shareholding in line with government directives

Britam is 200m tall, the tallest in Eko is around 158m tall if I am not wrong. You count height of a building by metres upwards not floors bruh. And I do not know a lot about Britam but you can see they say localisation
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
mkenya254:

You see most Nigerians want to live, work and do business here. So what most Nigerians do is get the tourist VISA that allows you to stay for upto 3 months but then they are not here for tourism. They head over to some cheap Nigerian neighborhood and hide there with fellow Nigerians and refuse to go back home

Of course not all Nigerians do this e.g. Those hired by Andela and some other businesses have genuine long term visas. However majority of Nigerians living here are here have overstayed their 3 month visas and do not want to leave.

ok ,my question ,why would Nigerians want to stay in Kenya of all places illegally.like seriously, if at all Nigerians stays illegally is Kenya, its only because the immigration wont grant them their renewals on time even haven applied for long is not that they cant afford to pay it and whose fault is that?,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
And those eco buildings under construction, share posting their pictures here??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
mkenya254:

Dude Thika is the most industrialized town in Kenya followed by Nairobi.

If you are do industrialized why are you not able to refine crude oil produced in your country yet you are the largest producer of oil in Africa. You people make Africa look bad. Out of the top 10 producers of oil in the world you are the only country that exports their crude then imports refined oil products... Lol. Industrialized my foot.

what is the distance between thika and Nairobi, many people usually call thika extension of Nairobi plus how comes their very few industries outside Nairobi or may be thika, so you think Nigeria don't refine it oil, u must be crazy,plus, the world largest refinery is under construction and will be commission in the year 2019 by dongete ?
Dangote to Increase Refinery Capacity to 650,000bpd | Sustainable .. http://www.tsbreview.com/dangote-to-increase-refinery-capacity-to-650000bpd/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

what is the distance between thika and Nairobi, many people usually call thika extension of Nairobi plus how comes their very few industries outside Nairobi or may be thika ?

Thika is 50km from Nairobi. In Kiambu county. were you not the same person saying Nairobi is small>>

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
ArchieTaylor:

Thika is 50km from Nairobi. In Kiambu county. were you not the same person saying Nairobi is small>>

obviously the developed part of NAIROBI is small, but how far is thika to kasarani, i am not talking about distance to CBD ?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
As for an oil refinery isht I wanted to confirm, have heard a lot of stories about Nigeria not owning a refinery

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
ArchieTaylor:

Britam is 200m tall, the tallest in Eko is around 158m tall if I am not wrong. You count height of a building by metres upwards not floors bruh. And I do not know a lot about Britam but you can see they say localisation

WE Talking about real height(floors) not useless extension, how many floors is Britam?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
ArchieTaylor:
As for an oil refinery isht I wanted to confirm, have heard a lot of stories about Nigeria not owning a refinery

begin your story please?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

obviously the developed part of NAIROBI is small, but how far is thika to kasarani, i am not talking about distance to CBD ?
Kasarani to thika, there it is. If it is considered part of Nairobi then it means there has been continous development upto thika.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

what is the distance between thika and Nairobi, many people usually call thika extension of Nairobi plus how comes their very few industries outside Nairobi or may be thika, so you think Nigeria don't refine it oil, u must be crazy,plus, the world largest refinery is under construction and will be commission in the year 2019 by dongete ?
Dangote to Increase Refinery Capacity to 650,000bpd | Sustainable .. http://www.tsbreview.com/dangote-to-increase-refinery-capacity-to-650000bpd/
I00 km.

Nairobi has been dreaming of absorbing all towns nearing, including Machakos, Mavoko, etc. Won't happen with the system of devolution

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
ArchieTaylor:

Really?

I thought it was longer undecided Takes a whole 1 hr

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

WE Talking about real height(floors) not useless extension, how many floors is Britam?

You can build 2 metre high storeys, you can build more spacious 3 metre tall storeys . I know the height of Burj Khalifa but I do not know thw floors. You count the height in metres or feet man. Thats how it works man

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
Kenyan Cries Of Re-Colonization As
Nigerian Entertainers Take Over
 2016-04-18 13:44:27  Emmanuel E.
A Kenyan blogger and publisher for
Nation.co.ke, a popular Kenyan lifestyle
blog has cried out to his fellow Kenyans,
to stand up against the current
unnoticed colonization of their economy
by Nigerians who are taking over every
industry in their country. According to
his article, the publisher stated that
Nigerian musicians such as flavor and
davido had taken over their
entertainment industry, especially their
music industry, stating that their radio
stations would almost old up if they
didn’t continue in their unpatriotic acts
of playing Nigerian songs.
See his article below:
The growing social and cultural influence
of Nigeria in Kenya is the natural
precursor to full Nigerian musician.
Nigerian music is so well liked in Kenya
that a radio station that purports to play
‘urban African music’ has a playlist of
mostly Nigerian music. Name the biggest
musicians in Africa right now. Now
name some of African films’ biggest
stars. Go ahead, I’ll wait. How many of
them were Nigerians?
I interviewed one of them last week, the
“highlife musician”, Flavour, most
famous here for his Nwa Baby song and
its Ashawo remix. Like the most
conceited of eternally sunglass-wearing
stars, he was a fragile personality,
treated by his management like a
precious piece of china always at risk of
breaking if not handled carefully.
Even for one who massages egos for a
living like me, his egregiously cocky
demeanour was over the top and
supremely annoying, almost as if sucking
out all the air from the studio. The
smugness that travels along with Flavour
is not unique to him. His compatriot,
Davido, is no different. A big star on the
African music scene, he is also well
aware of his stardom and acts as you
would expect of a rich, spoilt brat.
I was in Mauritius in late June for a
Multichoice content showcase for their
DStv and GoTV channels when I met the
22-year-old musical force. I didn’t get an
on-camera interview; he had to run off
to a busy night of partying before
leaving the next morning for a different
part of the continent.
On my return flight, I had the misfortune
of sharing my cattle-class row with two
Nigerian journalists. The men demanded
to be served before everyone else, and
despite having flown economy, wanted
the services of a private suite on the
upper deck of an Airbus 380. “Nigerians
have a highly defined sense of self-
belief,” entrepreneur Mike Macharia told
me. “If you meet a Nigerian somewhere,
it is not someone you’ll look down upon
because you’re prejudicial.” He has spent
the last few years trying to expand the
company he founded and still leads –
Seven Seas Technologies – into Africa’s
most populous and biggest economy.
In Kenya, Nigerian movies are some of
the most popular on television, much
loved not just by housewives and
househelps, but by many who would
probably never publicly admit to
watching Nollywood productions.
Nigerian music is so well liked in Kenya
that a radio station that purports to play
“urban African music” has a playlist of
mostly Nigerian music. It might as well
be called Davido FM.
So powerful is the “Nigerian” branding
in Kenya that the Nigerian-Kenyan
comedian, Obinna, has channelled it into
a radio and TV show, performs to large
crowds and is even launching a singing
career.v“What makes Nigerians so
different is that they’ve accepted
themselves, they’ve accepted their
loudness, and they embrace their
African-ness,” former TV business
journalist Cynthia Nyamai told me by
phone.
She says her eponymous communication
consultancy is doing good business in
Nigeria, just a few months in.v“They
allow themselves to dream big – you
think of owning a Range Rover Sport,
they are dreaming of owning a jet or
buying a holiday home in Spain.’vObinna
says his Kenyan fans love the boisterous
nature of his character. “Nigerians are
flashy, they wear loud colours and drive
big vehicles and Kenyan women
especially love that.”
He plays into the overconfident
stereotype that many Kenyans both love
and admire. “Kenyans feel mentally
superior in East Africa, but Nigerians feel
mentally superior to most Africans,”
Macharia says. “That level of self-
assurance works for them across Africa.”
He points out that Nigerian businesses
are making more investments in the
country, such as GT Bank’s recent
acquisition of 70per cent of Fina Bank.
‘They find us weak, so when he comes
here and buys a small bank, $100 million
(Sh8.7bn) is something he can easily do.”
There’s a Nigerian everywhere you look,
anywhere in the world. A friend took me
to Croydon in South London two years
ago and we found Nigerian influences
there suffocating. A large immigrant
community in a former colonial master is
certainly admirable but the growing
supremacy of Nigeria in Kenya remains
unexplored. That Africa’s richest man,
Aliko Dangote, is investing in the cement
and energy business here and President
Uhuru Kenyatta is noticeably warming
up to President Goodluck Jonathan are
just the latest signals.
One of Africa’s biggest writers,
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, was in
Nairobi for a literary festival late last year
to a prodigious reception. Not only are
Kenyans attracted to Nigerian music and
film, their modern literature is taking
over from the Chinua Achebes and Wole
Soyinkas of yore. No wonder Nyamai
says Nigerians are “very pan-African”
and she now gets business on her own
without facilitation from the British
partner who first introduced her to the
market. But that continent-wide thinking
may also be working against Kenya’s in
the East-West interaction that remains
heavily imbalanced in the West Africans’
favour.
The growing social and cultural influence
of Nigeria in Kenya is the natural
precursor to full economic domination.
Though China is investing millions of
yuan in Kenya, it is the colourful folks
from Africa’s West coast with their
agbadas and distinct accents truly
capturing the hearts and minds of
Kenyans. It is only a matter of time
before the naira gains currency with the
population here. The Nigerian
colonisation of Kenya is here. You might
not recognise it just yet because it is
wearing sunglasses and acting up.
http://m.pzimedia.com/people/articles.php?title=Kenyan-Cries-Of-Re-Colonization-As-Nigerian-Entertainers-Take-Over&a_id=25030
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
Muafrika2:

I00 km.

Nairobi has been dreaming of absorbing all towns nearing, including Machakos, Mavoko, etc. Won't happen with the system of devolution

you see why i said " only Nairobi is the pride of Kenyans" and the funny things is that over 70 % of people of Nairobi leaves in slums such as Mathare,Kibera, Huruma..............................."

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
solbil:

the agriculture issue, we've dealth with it already and we have put it aside because we have proven our superiority over Kenya in that area.

As for BH, we have defeated them and have relocated back to their homes many of the people that were displaced.

Your cars are known no where else, fact! That if at all it is true. Our cars don't only ply our roads, they also ply the roads of other African countries.

As for being the largest producers of anything, we are the world largest producers of cassava, Yam, millet, etc.

Who the Bleep eats yams and cassava other than Nigerians themselves.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dangote invests N80bn in Kenyan cement sector ON March 2, 2015 12:05 AM / IN Business / Comments By Favour Nnabugwu Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote has invested N80billion ($400million) to set up a cement plant in Kenya through East Africa Portland Cement Company (EAPCC). Dangote entered Kitui County’s limestone mines through the Kenya’s local cement in order to open $400 million, representing Sh34.8 billion Kenyan currency in Kitui County, Kenya. Dangote Cement which also constructing major cement plants in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Zambia, already has a license to prospect for limestone in Kitui County while he revised the upcoming factory’s annual production capacity to three million tonnes from the previous 1.5 million tonnes. According to him, “We are reviewing plans for Kenya with a view to increasing the scale of our proposed factory from 1.5 million tonnes per annum (MTA) to 3MTA”. Dangote’s upcoming plants in Kenya, Tanzania, and Ethiopia will give it a total capacity of 8.5MTA, putting it ahead of Kenya’s Bamburi and Uganda’s Tororo that currently have capacities of 3.1MTA each. “We are confident there will be sufficient demand both in Kenya and neighbouring countries”. Besides being rich in limestone, Kitui is also attractive due to its proximity to the Mui basin which has large reserves of coal. The coal is tipped to replace the relatively expensive diesel fuel in firing energy- hungry cement factories. The group plans to have around 60 million tonnes of production, grinding and import capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2016″.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

you see why i said " only Nairobi is the pride of Kenyans" and the funny things is that over 70 % of people of Nairobi leaves in slums such as Mathare,Kibera, Huruma..............................."

Where is the proof that 70% of residents live in slums.i have proof that 66% of people living in Lagos live in slums http://borgenproject.org/poverty-lagos-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

Great!, (Britam Tower is a 31 storey building under construction in Upper Hill) while eko towers is 34,33,32,28..), [/b]

In Westlands they are building six highrise buildings a once btw 176m/141m/93m/86m/83m/81m | 43/35/28/25/24/24 fl U/C
Using maths then the highest tower in Eko can be is around 135m. 176m 43 floors still shorter that Britam btw

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
ArchieTaylor:

You can build 2 metre high storeys, you can build more spacious 3 metre tall storeys . I know the height of Burj Khalifa but I do not know thw floors. You count the height in meters or feet man. Thats how it works man
"Britam Tower | Upper Hill | is just 200m | 31 fl | " meaning the rest of the building is just an extended steels .. Eko pearl(Lagos) can also decides to add same extended steel to its build and tag it "Tallest building in Africa"..so what?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
solbil:
Dangote invests N80bn in Kenyan cement
sector
ON March 2, 2015 12:05 AM / IN
Business / Comments
By Favour Nnabugwu
Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote
has invested N80billion ($400million) to
set up a cement plant in Kenya through
East Africa Portland Cement Company
(EAPCC). Dangote entered Kitui County’s
limestone mines through the Kenya’s local
cement in order to open $400 million,
representing Sh34.8 billion Kenyan
currency in Kitui County, Kenya.
Dangote Cement which also constructing
major cement plants in Ethiopia, Tanzania,
and Zambia, already has a license to
prospect for limestone in Kitui County
while he revised the upcoming factory’s
annual production capacity to three
million tonnes from the previous 1.5
million tonnes. According to him, “We are
reviewing plans for Kenya with a view to
increasing the scale of our proposed
factory from 1.5 million tonnes per annum
(MTA) to 3MTA”.
Dangote’s upcoming plants in Kenya,
Tanzania, and Ethiopia will give it a total
capacity of 8.5MTA, putting it ahead of
Kenya’s Bamburi and Uganda’s Tororo that
currently have capacities of 3.1MTA each.
“We are confident there will be sufficient
demand both in Kenya and neighbouring
countries”.
Besides being rich in limestone, Kitui is
also attractive due to its proximity to the
Mui basin which has large reserves of coal.
The coal is tipped to replace the relatively
expensive diesel fuel in firing energy-
hungry cement factories. The group plans
to have around 60 million tonnes of
production, grinding and import capacity
in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2016″.

The construction on this plant has not even started. Dangote is busy begging Tanzania to reduce electricity costs for his business there.

Even when he sets up he still has big local players to contend with e.g. Bamberg cement, Arm etc
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Kenyans have shown the owners of the tallest towers, now some sad Nigerian boy starts crying about slums. Show us something useful
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArchieTaylor: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
68816419:

"Britam Tower | Upper Hill | is just 200m | 31 fl | " meaning the rest of the building is just an extended steels .. Eko pearl(Lagos) can also decides to add same extended steel to its build and tag it "Tallest building in Africa"..so what?

Lets wait it gets finalised and see, as far as I know it is currently ranked the second tallest. You can die in jealousy if you want

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.