Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? (45073 Views)

Ondo Election: Tinubu Hails Akeredolu’s Victory, Oyegun, Buhari / Fayemi Joins Akeredolu’s Victory Train (Photos) / Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Mixty: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2016
Nobody would have ever imagined that the former NBA chairman, Rotimi Akeredolu would defeat Tinubu's annointed candidate (Segun Abraham) in Ondo state APC primaries. This is someone who openly castigated Tinubu for not keeping to his words.

I have always said it that Tinubu's political influence is overrated.

Does this signal the beginning of the end for the Tinubu's political structure? Is Tinubu gradually becoming irrelevant in the south west and in extension, Nigeria?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by shukuokukobambl: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2016
Mixty:
Nobody would have ever imagined that the former NBA chairman, Rotimi Akeredolu would defeat Tinubu's annointed candidate (Segun Abraham) in Ondo state APC primaries. This is someone who openly castigated Tinubu for not keeping to his words.

Does this signal the beginning of the end for the Tinubu's political structure? Is Tinubu gradually becoming irrelevant in the south west and in extension, Nigeria?

Because of people like you, Tinubu will always be relevant in Nigerian politics. You wake up in the morning and after dreaming about the man, you open a thread to discuss his matter. What other proof do you need to know that he's very relevant in your life?

Tinubu has not held any political post in 10 years. He has done more than most thought was possible and like he said in his reply to Abayomi, he wins some battles and loses some. Its the lot of politicians. I don't think he should or will hold any bitterness. He introduced Akeredolu to politics just like Fashola and people must assert their independence. I trust he knows that. Yoruba agenda is bigger than Tinubu and he'll retire or be retired without rancour or damage to the homeland.

Congratulations to Akeredolu and the PDP candidate. I wish ondo people the best of the two candidates.

390 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by excanny: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2016
Expected. The Eastern Yorubas(Ekiti&Ondo) are the defiant nonconformist type. The herd mentality stuff wouldn't really work much in this axis.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Because of people like you, Tinubu will always be relevant in Nigerian politics. You wake up in the morning and after dreaming about the man, you open a thread to discuss his matter. What other proof do you need to know that he's very relevant in your life?

Tinubu has not held any political post in 10 years. He has done more than most thought was possible and like he said in his reply to Abayomi, he wins some battles and loses some. Its the lot of politicians. I don't think he should or will hold any bitterness. He introduced Akeredolu to politics just like Fashola and people must assert their independence. I trust he knows that. Yoruba agenda is bigger than Tinubu and he'll retire or be retired without rancour or damage to the homeland.

Congratulations to Akeredolu and the PDP candidate. I wish ondo people the best of the two candidates.

Tinubu only controls your destiny.

He has fallen Yakata.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by cktheluckyman: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2016
Mixty:

Tinubu has never really controlled ondo politics.Mimiko has earlier defeated Akeredolu when he was Tinubu's candidate

54 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Carmal90(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

U wrote thrash sir, tinubu wings has been clipped, this is not d first time it is happening to him, PMB and his northern caucus are desperate to humiliate him more..u remember kogi?? I have said it severally tinubu political influence is largely overrated..

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by ificatchmodeh: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2016
Is too early to judge..2018 will decide.
Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by KINGwax007(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Carmal90:

U wrote thrash sir, tinubu wings has been clipped, this is not d first time it is happening to him, PMB and his northern caucus are desperate to humiliate him more..u remember kogi?? I have said it severally tinubu political influence is largely overrated..
pls, what happened in kogi? grin grin

You guys are still pained that the 'supposedly irrelevant Yoruba guy' beats you face down...

Dude, Jonathan don lose since 2015.. Abeg, move on..
And if u couldn't, like 99% of you...

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by babyfaceafrica: 10:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Lolz....this OP is funny.....you are a learner in politics....for real politicians they loose some and win some...this won't be tinubus first or last loss...he is still standing!!!

25 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Carmal90(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2016
KINGwax007:
pls, what happened in kogi? grin grin

You guys are still pained that the 'supposedly irrelevant Yoruba guy' beats you face down...

Dude, Jonathan don lose since 2015.. Abeg, move on..
And if u couldn't, like 99% of you...

What is he saying
Who brought Jonathan issue here??
Tinubu political sagacity is largely overrated... take that from me....
Tinubu didn't win Jonathan Nigerians did...
Buhari can't win Pdp without new Pdp member...
Tinubu has been trying to dislodge pdp from top seat and kept failing until new Pdp joined him..
On what happen in kogi? Pls go and find out sir it seems u are still a learner politically...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Carmal90(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz....this OP is funny.....you are a learner in politics....for real politicians they loose some and win some...this won't be tinubus first or last loss...he is still standing!!!

The election was a battle to test supremacy, he lost gallantly to northern caucus.....he has been clipped

6 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by shukuokukobambl: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2016
Carmal90:

And you think you wrote any sense? cheesy

What exactly is it about Tinubu that you try to celebrate any seeming 'setback' your little mind thinks he experiences?

His influence is overrated, yet you guys were almost running mad since last year that he made GEJ lose and foisted buhari on the country? cheesy

Tinubu can't win forever obviously and despite being a crook, he left indelible prints on Nigerian politics.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by shukuokukobambl: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2016
masterpower:

Tinubu only controls your destiny.

He has fallen Yakata.

Finally you can celebrate cheesy

The god controlling your destiny and that of your lineage has been defeated so you are now free cheesy

All praises to the god of your ancestors. I thank shuku okuko bambiala for your salvation and deliverance cheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Carmal90(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

What exactly is it about Tinubu that you try to celebrate any seeming 'setback' your little mind thinks he experiences?

His influence is overrated, yet you guys were almost running mad since last year that he made GEJ lose foisted buhari on the country? cheesy

Tinubu can't win forever obviously and despite being a crook, he left indelible prints on Nigerian politics.

Ahhh, see u, we in politics know how knows vividly that tinubu political influence is largely overrated,and for ur information,tinubu did not and cannot dislodge Jonathan, he joined other political bigwigs in wrestling power from Jonathan,bigwigs like SARAKI,ATIKU,KWANKWASO,BUHARI,LATE AUDU,OBASANJO,OKOROCHA,OYINLOLA,ADELEKE,AKEREDOLU,BORROFICE,SEGUN ONI,and so many other political bigwigs....or will u know deny d obvious
Tinubu political hold is fast diminishing,even in lagos he is having sleepless night

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by jephito(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2016
Mark my word today and if possible, take a screenshot. I am no fan of Tinubu yet I can attest to his political relevance and influence especially in the South West.

You will agree with me soon when Segun Abraham gets political appointment from the Federal government.

5 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Samtob90(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2016
Carmal90:

If you die because of Tinubu, nobody will ever RIP you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Samtob90(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2016
Carmal90:

What is he saying
Who brought Jonathan issue here??
Tinubu political sagacity is largely overrated... take that from me....
Tinubu didn't win Jonathan Nigerians did...
Buhari can't win Pdp without new Pdp member...
Tinubu has been trying to dislodge pdp from top seat and kept failing until new Pdp joined him..
On what happen in kogi? Pls go and find out sir it seems u are still a learner politically...

You overrated him

1 Like

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by dionma: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2016
It will take more than one loss to diminish someone like tinubu. Akeredolu was tinubu candidate before in the last election.do not be surprised to see akeredolu pledge allegiance to tinubu in the days ahead.

28 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by aresa: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Don't you Igbos say the same thing about Asiwaju every year, but he remains the greatest politician in Black Africa...

And sef, Akeredolu was his choice in the previous election and who says he's still not his choice? Simple reverse thinking and "B" move.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by BABAKABIRU301(f): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
HE IS STILL STANDING TO LOOSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by MadeInTokyo: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
[size=13pt]

In case u guys don't know there is a serious battle for the soul of APC in the south west.

Akeredolu is being sponsored and financed by Governor Amosun, Kayode Fayemi, Raji Fashola, Governor El Rufai and Rotimi Amaechi

The group of APC leaders have their own caucus in the APC, they are aligning and strategizing towards 2019

Where did u think Akeredolu got money to house over 1200 delegates in several hotels across Akure, the logistics and campaign finances of Aketi are coming from the men I mentioned above.

These men want to cut Tinubu to size before 2019, they started it in Kogi state, where they were able to get the APC National Body and Kogi State APC to replace the late Abubakar Audu with Yahaya Bello as against Tinubu anointed candidate James Faleke.

Olusegun Abraham was sponsored and financed by Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande.

More dramas and realignment, will unfold in the coming weeks both in APC and PDP.

[/size]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by shukuokukobambl: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
Carmal90:

Ahhh, see u, we in politics know how knows vividly that tinubu political influence is largely overrated,and for ur information,tinubu did not and cannot dislodge Jonathan, he joined other political bigwigs in wrestling power from Jonathan,bigwigs like SARAKI,ATIKU,KWANKWASO,BUHARI,LATE AUDU,OBASANJO,OKOROCHA,OYINLOLA,ADELEKE,AKEREDOLU,BORROFICE,SEGUN ONI,and so many other political bigwigs....or will u know deny d obvious
Tinubu political hold is fast diminishing,even in lagos he is having sleepless night

So Tinubu did not dislodge Jonathan, yet its his name that you and others have been screaming upandan as the cause of PDP and GEJ failure? Of course I've always known that Nigerians ended PDP and Jonathan reign but you minions made Tinubu look larger than life. I hope I'll stop hearing about how Tinubu is responsible for the govt in power now?

What is your business if he's having sleepless nights in Lagos? Is his life remotely responsible for yours? Is your well being a function of his activities?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by shukuokukobambl: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
excanny:
Expected. The Eastern Yorubas(Ekiti&Ondo) are the defiant nonconformist type. The herd mentality stuff wouldn't really work much in this axis.

Yes o. The herd mentality that ravages the land of the OSU cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Mixty: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

So Tinubu did not dislodge Jonathan, yet its his name that you and others have been screaming upandan as the cause of PDP and GEJ failure? Of course I've always known that Nigerians ended PDP and Jonathan reign but you minions made Tinubu look larger than life. I hope I'll stop hearing about how Tinubu is responsible for the govt in power now?

What is your business if he's having sleepless nights in Lagos? Is his life remotely responsible for yours? Is your well being a function of his activities?
Tinubu did not dislodge GEJ..Nigerians did. His role during the 2019 election was highly exaggerated. Nigerians were just tired of GEJ. Only the SS and SE wanted GEJ (for obvious reasons). With or without Tinubu, the SW would have still voted for Buhari over GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by dhesire(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
Maybe not.
Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Sharon6(f): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Happy.. K
Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by MutantMetahuman: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
undecided
Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Op, please show us one leader from your region that is presently politically relevant as Tinubu. I bet you don't have one. In politics, you dont win all, you lose some too.

I don't know why you IPOBians are obsessed with Tinubu, is it because he is greater than Ojukwu, Zik, Ekweme, Mbadiwe, Ekweremadu combined? You guys should face your unrealistic Biafra and save us all this needless obsession.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by dhesire(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Who knows maybe Akeredolu is Tinibu's candidate afterall.

Don't trust politicians.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by ceeethru(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol, Nigerians we really have problem with our mentality, if Abraham had won it would have been that Tinibu has imposed, now Rotimi has won its now Tinubu has been defeated, what played out is politics, what I love most is the transparency and the manner the primary was conducted, if elections were being conducted like this in Nigeria, things would have been better, is not all abt Tinubu nor Rotimi, is about democracy, come to think of it was it not the same Tinubu that brought Rotimi in 2012? So who is Tinubu, who is Rotimi and who is Abraham? To the winner I say congratulations to him and I will advice him to reach out to his party men and work closely with them if he must win the next coming election, he can't do it alone, that's my take.

20 Likes

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by cktheluckyman: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

His influence is overrated, yet you guys were almost running mad since last year that he made GEJ lose and foisted buhari on the country? cheesy

Tinubu can't win forever obviously and despite being a crook, he left indelible prints on Nigerian politics

Abegi all these talk about Tinubu making GEJ lose is becoming stale.GEJ lost mainly because of votes from the north which Tinubu does not control. Even in the sw the APC's margin of victory was very slim. Tinubu is overrated

1 Like

Re: Is Akeredolu's Victory In Ondo The End Of The Tinubu Political Dynasty? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Mixty:

Point of correction........Zombies would never have imagined! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Amaechi At The Launch Of Ogoniland Clean-Up / We Are Compiling Results, BVAS Was Perverted - Labour Party / IGP Confirms Forgery Of Senate Rules, Says Saraki, Ekeremadu Have No Immunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.