Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Often Do You Appreciate Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Appreciate Him? (732 Views)

Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate / Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price / Woman Mouth Lashed For Kneeling To Appreciate Her Husband Publicly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by wozniacki(f): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
I think we females spend a lot of time and energy demanding what a man should or shouldn’t be, that we forget to applaud their strengths. It’s hard being a man especially at this time and age. The amount of pressure placed on them is unimaginable.

I am not saying women don’t go through a lot either but we have an emergency respond team compared to men. Right from childhood, men are taught to hush their feelings; man up! It is no wonder men are 3 times more likely to commit suicide compared to their female counterparts, no avenue to voice their feelings.

When a man is quiet, it is usually because he is trying to solve certain issues. Men internalize their issues; that’s the reason he isn’t talking to you at the moment; not because we did something wrong. Some of us ladies make this situation about us instead of helping him through this phase. When was the last time you got your man or any significant male figure a gift? If you haven’t, then you need to re-evaluate your relationship (I don’t mean only intimate relationship).

Men generally don’t respond well to nags and screams. Those are emotional response. They would rather deal with facts. Men like to go straight to the point. We, on the other hand, beat round the bush. That’s where we lose them; in the cold bush!

Ladies, the next time he is less communicative, rather than nag, give him space. Make conscious efforts to speak to the king in him. Encourage and remind him of his previous victories.

Listen, these men fight unknown battles. The devil is not really after us (women). He wants us bound and caged but we are not his real targets. His real targets are our men. Because he knows, when he has them, he has us also. The devil doesn’t want to cage them, he wants to kill them completely! Because he doesn’t want the seeds in these men to grow and bear fruits.

How often do you speak the word over the lives of the men in your life? How often do you intercede on their behalf?

Men deserve affection, love, care and every other pleasant things you desire. Appreciate these men because it really isn’t easy being a man.

Read more here:
www.peacedike.com

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by johnson232: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
This coming from a lady.... Nice one
I'm impressed.... kiss
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by byvan03: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
You are on point but how did you know the devils target?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
grin I wonder!
byvan03:
You are on point but how did you know the devils target?
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by byvan03: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
grin I wonder!

grin grin grin
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by wozniacki(f): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
byvan03:

grin grin grin

Just get the message meant for you and allow the other part for those that get it. Shalom.
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by ahnie: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sincerely, EVERY DAY!

But after spending a weekend with my brother and his wife, I think I need to do it even some more. grin His wife is unbelieveable. She is the personification of appreciation. cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by byvan03: 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
wozniacki:

Just get the message meant for you and allow the other part for those that get it. Shalom.

Trust me, you need your own message more than I do cheesy.
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by wozniacki(f): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
byvan03:

Trust me, you need your own message more than I do cheesy.

Ofcourse! I inspire myself in my messages. It's for my own good... even though your quote was intended to sound offensive. I have managed to guard myself against offensive or sarcastic comments. Bless up!
Re: How Often Do You Appreciate Him? by byvan03: 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
wozniacki:

Ofcourse! I inspire myself in my messages. It's for my own good... even though your quote was intended to sound offensive. I have managed to guard myself against offensive or sarcastic comments. Bless up!

Actually it's just a recommendation, I did be surprised if you are offended. Bless up real good too babe.

(1) (Reply)

How Fast Would You Run If You Saw These Two In The End Of A Dimly-lit Hallway? / Reasons Why Japenese Women Stay Slim And Don't Look Old / Advice For Seyi Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.