Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price (1991 Views)

Lady Knelt Down To Appreciate Her Husband For Buying Her Dream Wig In Ibadan / Wife In Tears As She Kneels Down To Appreciate Her Husband / Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Nutase: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dear All,
It is with a heavy heart that I open this thread to honour our very own hero Lt. Col. Abu Ali who met his untimely death defending this nation.
Like we all know Nigeria does not appreciate her own and that's why most of our talents are based in western countries, but that's a story for another day.

We have all had the legendary tales of this fine officer. I felt moved to open this thread to see how we can honor his wife and kid and reduce the pain of his absence.

Seun and lalasticlala can one of you help coordinate a contribution on behalf of his widow. I am willing to contribute my own widows mite towards this cause but I will like one of the mods to coordinate it so as to avoid anyone trying to take advantage of this noble cause.

Please if you feel it is a worthy cause kindly indicate your interest. I believe if 100 of us can donate 50,000 each it will go a long way to alleviate the families burdens. That notwithstanding nothing is too small to add even if it is 1000.

The Nairaland Community can take on this project as a CSR and prove to the world that we are a responsible online community.

MODs over to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by saaedlee: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
I think the TeHN should adopt this.
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by sisisioge: 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
I concur...I can't even begin to imagine her pain.
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Nutase: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
saaedlee:
I think the TeHN should adopt this.
who are they?
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by eyinjuege: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
I guess you mean well.
I however believe the military always takes care of its own particularly the families of fallen officers.
Can you find out what arrangements have been made by the military for this man's wife and child?
This can be easily verified.
We can also make an uproar about it to draw their attention if things are been delayed.
How many of the widows are people on NL expected to donate for? I think it's a wrong approach to just start soliciting for funds online.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by saaedlee: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nutase:
who are they?
TeHN (The e-Helpers Network) is a charity group of like-minded Nairalanders

TeHN' s goal and mission is basically offering help in cash and kind to the needy in Nigerian Society

We help any Nigerian with a proven case of need that we are capable of helping

TeHN Committee

TeHN Committee comprises of 9 Well known Nairalanders who have been able to conduct themselves well and with no record of any dubious wrongdoing both online and offline known to any Nairalander.

We function in the following positions:

1. Coordinator
2. Assistant Coordinator
3. PRO
4. Secretary
5. Assistant Secretary
6. Treasure /Accountant Nigeria Account
7. Treasure /Accountant foreign/Paypal Account
8. Researcher/Field Officer 1
9. Researcher/Field worker 2

Coordinator:/ Assistant - R231 & OAM4J

1) Making sure each member of the group assigned with a duty is doing his/her duty according to agreed job description/responsibilities
2) Making sure budget for any given project don't have an over/under spend.
3) Co ordinate all discussions and projects

Researcher/Field Worker:1 & 2 - TGIRL & MYND

1) Sole responsibility of verifying projects before tabling it to the wider group for voting
2) Responsible for further verification of accepted projects and in turn communicating findings of verification to the wider group
3) Responsible for being the point of contact between the group and the subjects we choose to help

Treasurer/Accountant:Nigeria And paypal Account - JARUS & CHAIRCOVER

1) Custodian of all donated funds
2) Responsible for disbursement of funds to respective agreed projects

Public Relations Officer - OAM4J, JAYBEE & BIOLABEE

1) Face of the Group on NL and beyond
2) Responsible for managing expectations and limitation damages if and when they arise
3) Responsible for answering queries in relation to any current project we are currently working

Secretary / Assistant: - BIOLABEE

1) Coordinating/facilitating all group discussions
2) Responsible for making sure all information from researcher/field worker is communicated accordingly to the wider group. The person assigned this job should normally get daily updates from the field worker and then communicate it to the group for discussions and auditing:
3) Handle all official correspondence (Project Initiation email/progress reports/project reports)

TeHN Stakeholder Board

TeHN Stakeholder Board comprises of 20 - 25 Nairalanders who are passionate, and committed to offering helping hands.

Functions of the board:

1) Offer advice/suggestions/constructive criticism to TeHN main committee
2) Contribute and offer opinions to every matters brought forward for discussion by the committee
3) Serve as the final approval body to TeHN initiatives and activities
4) Be a part of initial decision to accept or reject a project after examining the field officers report
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Nutase: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
saaedlee:

TeHN (The e-Helpers Network) is a charity group of like-minded Nairalanders

TeHN' s goal and mission is basically offering help in cash and kind to the needy in Nigerian Society

We help any Nigerian with a proven case of need that we are capable of helping

TeHN Committee

TeHN Committee comprises of 9 Well known Nairalanders who have been able to conduct themselves well and with no record of any dubious wrongdoing both online and offline known to any Nairalander.

We function in the following positions:

1. Coordinator
2. Assistant Coordinator
3. PRO
4. Secretary
5. Assistant Secretary
6. Treasure /Accountant Nigeria Account
7. Treasure /Accountant foreign/Paypal Account
8. Researcher/Field Officer 1
9. Researcher/Field worker 2

Coordinator:/ Assistant - R231 & OAM4J

1) Making sure each member of the group assigned with a duty is doing his/her duty according to agreed job description/responsibilities
2) Making sure budget for any given project don't have an over/under spend.
3) Co ordinate all discussions and projects

Researcher/Field Worker:1 & 2 - TGIRL & MYND

1) Sole responsibility of verifying projects before tabling it to the wider group for voting
2) Responsible for further verification of accepted projects and in turn communicating findings of verification to the wider group
3) Responsible for being the point of contact between the group and the subjects we choose to help

Treasurer/Accountant:Nigeria And paypal Account - JARUS & CHAIRCOVER

1) Custodian of all donated funds
2) Responsible for disbursement of funds to respective agreed projects

Public Relations Officer - OAM4J, JAYBEE & BIOLABEE

1) Face of the Group on NL and beyond
2) Responsible for managing expectations and limitation damages if and when they arise
3) Responsible for answering queries in relation to any current project we are currently working

Secretary / Assistant: - BIOLABEE

1) Coordinating/facilitating all group discussions
2) Responsible for making sure all information from researcher/field worker is communicated accordingly to the wider group. The person assigned this job should normally get daily updates from the field worker and then communicate it to the group for discussions and auditing:
3) Handle all official correspondence (Project Initiation email/progress reports/project reports)

TeHN Stakeholder Board

TeHN Stakeholder Board comprises of 20 - 25 Nairalanders who are passionate, and committed to offering helping hands.

Functions of the board:

1) Offer advice/suggestions/constructive criticism to TeHN main committee
2) Contribute and offer opinions to every matters brought forward for discussion by the committee
3) Serve as the final approval body to TeHN initiatives and activities
4) Be a part of initial decision to accept or reject a project after examining the field officers report
can you help contact them to champion this cause.
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Winneygirl(f): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
4 other soldiers were killed the same day he died.
What about their families?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Mimzyy(f): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nutase:
Dear All,
It is with a heavy heart that I open this thread to honour our very own hero Lt. Col. Abu Ali who met his untimely death defending this nation.
Like we all know Nigeria does not appreciate her own and that's why most of our talents are based in western countries, but that's a story for another day.

We have all had the legendary tales of this fine officer. I felt moved to open this thread to see how we can honor his wife and kid and reduce the pain of his absence.

Seun and lalasticlala can one of you help coordinate a contribution on behalf of his widow. I am willing to contribute my own widows mite towards this cause but I will like one of the mods to coordinate it so as to avoid anyone trying to take advantage of this noble cause.

Please if you feel it is a worthy cause kindly indicate your interest. I believe if 100 of us can donate 50,000 each it will go a long way to alleviate the families burdens. That notwithstanding nothing is too small to add even if it is 1000.

The Nairaland Community can take on this project as a CSR and prove to the world that we are a responsible online community.

MODs over to you.

May his soul RIP and may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

But Op, as the poster above me said, four other soldiers died that day, are we 'expected' to contribute for them too?

Times are so hard and people are really struggling to make ends meet. How many people can comfortably donate 50k??

Are you in any way related to this man?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by ifyalways(f): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Y'all should quit already abeg. Many soldiers have being killed before now, others died same day with him and excluding innocent civilians that have lost their lives over this same BH issue, how did this Ali guy pay the ultimate price

May God comfort all the families that have lost their bread winners, relatives and loved ones via this BH menace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Acidosis(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
I just tire for Nigerians... Recruits and civilians die daily like chicken in the north, some don't even have stable families.

I had the father of this man is a retired General and a current traditional ruler in Kogi state. If anyone needs an immediate fund/assistance/aid from starvation or death, sorry! definitely not Ali's family.

A condolence visit, award or something more dignifying can bring a lot of joy to the poor widow. This money money money thing all the time is causing a lot of damage on this forum (and indeed the country), very soon people would start coming up with threads like: "I lost my husband in the hands of boko haram, please help me"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Nutase: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mimzyy:

May his soul RIP and may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

But Op, as the poster above me said, four other soldiers died that day, are we 'expected' to contribute for them too?

Times are so hard and people are really struggling to make ends meet. How many people can comfortably donate 50k??

Are you in any way related to this man?
The only relationship I have with him is that we both believe in the Nigerian project.
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by romme2u: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
Acidosis:
I just tire for Nigerians... Recruits and civilians die daily like chicken in the north, some don't even have stable families.

I had the father of this man is a retired General and a current traditional ruler in Kogi state. If anyone needs an immediate fund/assistance/aid from starvation or death, sorry! definitely not Ali's family.

A condolence visit, award or something more dignifying can bring a lot of joy to the poor widow. This money money money thing all the time is causing a lot of damage on this forum (and indeed the country), very soon people would start coming up with threads like: "I lost my husband in the hands of boko haram, please help me"

Fear the power of the media
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by MrIcredible: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
.. .
Re: Let Us Appreciate A Man That Paid The Ultimate Price by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nutase:

The only relationship I have with him is that we both believe in the Nigerian project.

So how can you answer the questions raised? How is he any different from others who died fighting for our country?

(1) (Reply)

Cake For My Daughter / Why Do You Have To Stop Your Spouse From Touching Your Phone? / Would You Fire an Employee Who Slept With Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.