Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (53116 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by smartemperor042: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
If increasing it will solve Nigeria problem, they should increase it.

Because u think u can afford it right. God have mercy on U!
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by HARDDON: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.

Nopes, u can convert it back to naira. U aint spendin it in nigeria yet unless ofcos u packing up n heading back right after that. Shame it wudnt even fetch u a return ticket.

I.
Btw, if u dont know, its easier to make it in 9ja than anywhere else!

Go figure!
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by petchi: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonja

Good Morning grin

You guys hatred for the glorious SS and SE has ruined your destinies

Hahahahaha....the are dazed by Buhari's empty promises.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Reference(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2016
jpphilips:

Crippling of oil export lines has necessitated the unavailability of refinery feedstock hence our supply are routed through importers who are exposed to exchange rate differentials, with $$ running Amok, it is no brainer that PMS at its mercy should increase.
Happy bombing fellow Nigerians!!

That is exactly what I am saying. Years of free oil has spoilt us. If oil runs out comlpetely, what are we going to do. We are not just prepared for development. The fact that we produce oil, does it mean we should not pay the right price for it. The US produces oil, why is gasoline not sold for 10 cents a litre there. They pay international prices though they produce. I often say, the day a yam farmer develops an inordinate taste for yams and he is not willing to pay the market price for yams or the fulani herdsman who loves suya and sells his cows to himself at half the price are both bankruptcies in the making. Next time you meet a Japanese, ask him how much he buys a Toyota or Honda vehicle?. This is the mentality we need to have. The Niger - Delta crises is the wake up call, the school teacher of Nigeria, strict, but in years to come will be praised for making us develop. So let them bomb happily. I'm 100% in support. I don't regard it as suffering but a learning curve to nationhood. As a person I don't fear leaving home for the first time to seek my own livelihood. Most Nigerians are petrified simply because they have absolutely nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by anonimi: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Reference:
Nothing wrong in right pricing. If it is not sustainable then so be it. Scacity and uncertainty is far worse. We shoukd not do anything inimical to investment in that sector meaning that we should prove as a nation to be ready to pay for things. Years of free or next to nothin fuel has spoilt us.

Was there scarcity and uncertainty from 2010-2015?
Why didn't we prove "to be ready to pay for things" in 2012 when the 36 state governors and Jonathan wnated to completely DEREGULATE the petroleum downstream sector

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

Petroleum products are very expensive in nature and that is why it is a global phenomenon and from the devastation of the Niger - Delta we can see the price being paid to get it. Fuel is precious. Unfortunately we have been living a lie for decades no thanks to the owners of Nigeria and their military and civilian collaborators. Now we have to reset our mentality to the present realities.

Oil prices have reduced globally and many countries have reflected this in the REDUCED fuel prices to consumers so stop spreading lies and falsehoods to your fellow citizens.

U.S. Gas Prices Drop to 12-Year Labor Day Lows
SEP 4, 2016

Good news for American motorists preparing to travel this Labor Day. A report by the U.S. Energy Information Administration said that gasoline prices are at 12-year Labor Day lows.

The U.S. average retail price for regular gasoline was $2.24 a gallon on August 29, the lowest price on the Monday before Labor Day since 2004, and 27¢/gal lower than the same time last year, the EIA said.

More from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timdaiss/2016/09/04/u-s-gas-prices-drop-to-12-year-lows-labor-day-surprise/#2065bfc474b2

BTW, was the minister of DARKNESS, Barawo Rogue Fashole not leading the chorus for lower fuel prices when oil prices dropped globally
Why is he no longer asking for lower oil prices?
Too many HYPOCRITES in this DullardPoo federal administration, walahi.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3115090_seunoloketuyi1223747310596353674000681876567738n_jpegf23910bd963a3dbb9d74ad4621bdda8b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3807303_fbimg1463139535826_jpeg9ca7d41d7976908bfaf5e4d62c1ee160

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by chreldb(m): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.

Point of correction, making £1,200 monthly you pay either a 0% tax or a 24% tax at most. So the figure is between N480-630K. So it's even more pathetic than you described. cry

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Malawian(m): 10:28am On Sep 05, 2016
onatisi:
you Nigerians don't like the truth,when I said it last December and this year January that a bag of rice will be sold for 20k many looked at me like a mad man ,I remember telling those market women in Nigeria then to store enough rice. You guys simply dont understand that we are talking about a man called BUHARI. Ok oooo. I will just keep shut and watch
oga, i am Igbo and i voted for Jonathan and JK-OK. these your predictions is getting out of hands jare. grin grin
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2016
Malawian:
oga, i am Igbo and i voted for Jonathan and JK-OK. these your predictions is getting out of hands jare. grin grin
wait till the tsunami hits u

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Malawian(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2016
onatisi:
wait till the tsunami hits u.
just predict good things abeg. Nne gi anwuna. inasmuch as i loath bubu, i love my life more.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by chernest2002: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2016
The idi Amin of Nigeria have not done yet, he will take Nigeria to promised hell, but i pray God removes him at all cost.by coup de tat, impeachment or even nature call.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by oloyeagbaakin(m): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:

Your father

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Mekyno(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2016
PaulIdu:
Immediately I saw Nupeng threaten to go on strike I knew another fuel increment was around the corner ..Buhari has spent almost two years in power but is still silent on what his plans for our refineries are
He has no plan on that at all. Ooh, his plan is to get oil in bornu state and build refineries all over their sides.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Apoztl3(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Where are the bubu's bootlicking E-warring zombies when u need them..... U no go see their red light at all
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Leez(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
Oblang:

Oga forget. I can never take u guys serious if u support Jonathan and come here to preach trash. The corruption infested regime of Jonathan brought us where we are today. Maybe I will take u serious if u ain't supporting this govt because u don't trust politicians generally. ..
ibb institutionalised corruption in nigeria and all leaders since independence were corrupt
this silly hate fr jona n se ppl by afonjas hve put us in ds mess so all ds jona dis jona dat is pointless
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by ranktzy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
But seriously, why can't we fix the refineries in this country or better still build modular refineries. These men in nnpc have really benefited from the messed up system, all of them are millionaires if not billionaires. With all their phd, & education they can't handle the management of common refinery. All they do is blow big grammar, sell crude oil & steal money. Even the guys in the creek know more about refining crude oil than these glorified nnpc engrs/administrators.. Knowledge without practical application is a complete waste...when are we going to get it right in this country
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Oblang(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
Leez:

ibb institutionalised corruption in nigeria and all leaders since independence were corrupt
this silly hate fr jona n se ppl by afonjas hve put us in ds mess so all ds jona dis jona dat is pointless

I did not hate Jonathan, I hate the fact that he never care abt corrupt practices in his govt. Yes corruption has bin thriving in Nigeria for a long time and there can never be a govt that can be free from it (not even buhari's govt) but gej's own had no bound.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Blue3k(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
ranktzy:
But seriously, why can't we fix the refineries in this country or better still build modular refineries. These men in nnpc have really benefited from the messed up system, all of them are millionaires if not billionaires. ...when are we going to get it right in this country

To answer you question when Nigerian force their currupt, inept, kleptomaniacs out of oil business. If we don't allow free market to take over we have no right to complain. We've seen their repeated failure and never fired them. Now we look pathetic casting all our hopes on one company to refine oil. When we have plenty or millionaires and billionaire here.

When government makes it their business to allow market competition in oil market then you can have good change. All governest going to do with dangote like they've done with cement is block imports create scarcity, make him money, create hi barriers to entry for competion. This is how he makes 60% margins on cement.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by tripoli007(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:

May thunder and Brimstone's fire that hand u used to type this nonsense
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by ajawara(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
He that supports Evil will see evil
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by ajawara(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=ALMUSTAQIM post=49068863]YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE GIVING YOURSELVES HEART ATTACK

WHILE MANY FILLING STATIONS ARE REDUCING THEIR PUMP PRICES TO BETWEEN 138 TO 140, YOU ARE DREAMING OF PRICE INCREASE

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW ON PRICE MODULATION.

NO MORE PRICE INCREASE AGAIN
I remind you when the new price is implemented
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
cescky:

Oga I've heard stories about uk and many of us have friends and family there ....but this hawking "things are hard things are hard " only shows u have a wrong perspective and perception . For success in this life is a mindset success is internal not external. So that means take a man with a success mindset to a village and he will still prosper , my issue with ur things are hard cry is that at least in the western world things work...if your taxed hugely you will see the benefit of this tax , ull leave amongst people who act humane etc unlike Nigeria here ....my point is things work in the west and factors militating against ur success can't be compared with the factors in Nigeria , so stop this your cry. Any one whose stayed worked and husstled in Lagos but with SUcess mindset I believe will find life a lot easier in Uk( am saying uk because I know it's one of the toughest in the west)

The truth of the matter is that the UK is now a very difficult place to live for all but the rich. Things have changed dramatically there in the last 8 years, ever since the credit crunch in 2008. I'm not blind to the difficulties of living in Nigeria, as I've been here for over 3 years now, but what I'm trying to tell people is don't spend your time hankering after a move to the UK, because you will be sorely disappointed. Instead, lets join hands and try to work hard here to make Nigeria better.

The real issue with Nigeria is the untrustworthiness of the people, nothing else. For all the ills of the government here, and the chronic lack of infrastructure, if Nigerians were generally more honest and trustworthy, we could achieve a great deal by working together. For instance, in a country such as Nigeria where there are so many great business opportunities, but a chronic lack of capital to exploit those opportunities, Crowd Funding could and should be a fertile ground for most entrepreneurs to seek investment directly from their peers to finance their businesses and create jobs.

Would you invest money into a Nigerian's business, as you are now? That's exact the problem here. If we were more honest and cooperative, we could rapidly transform the lives of millions of people by working closely together, and creating jobs and prosperity for millions. But we, Nigerians, prevent that from happening, then we talk about moving abroad to the UK or USA, to live in a society that we refuse to create here ourselves.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
ranktzy:
But seriously, why can't we fix the refineries in this country or better still build modular refineries. These men in nnpc have really benefited from the messed up system, all of them are millionaires if not billionaires. With all their phd, & education they can't handle the management of common refinery. All they do is blow big grammar, sell crude oil & steal money. Even the guys in the creek know more about refining crude oil than these glorified nnpc engrs/administrators.. Knowledge without practical application is a complete waste...when are we going to get it right in this country
They are obsolete ,obj saw that it was a waste of time spending money to fix them,he sold them to dangote but yar adua reversed the sales
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Kanyekels(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Malawian:

How are the predictions your concern
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Kanyekels(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=Malawian post=49088586] oga, i am Igbo and i voted for Jonathan and JK-OK. these your predictions is getting out of hands jare. grin grin[/quote
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Kanyekels(m): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
Malawian:

How are the predictions your concern? Btw nobody asked you whether you are Igbo.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
saintmark88:

Bros d govt don tire me oh.....
Abeg no get tired now ooo
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by samenet(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
I am Pro APC,but I am beginning to loss confidence in this Govt. Something is wrong somewhere!.
The mess we are in cannot continue otherwise this country would expose her citizenry to unparalleled hardship.
Some changes should be imminent in Financial sector.
The CBN Governor / Minister of Finance should resign!

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by dadebayo1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
planetx:
And you think you can survive on 800 pounds a month in the UK?

All is well... Home remains home...
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by dadebayo1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:

Before heading off to the UK, please ask him how much the following things are in the UK:

1. Rent
2. Food
3. Fuel
4. Travel
5. Electricity
6. Water
7. Telephone

Next, ask him to deduct the cost of these from his salary, and then see whether there's anything left. In fact, ask him whether that money he's calling is enough to cover these costs in the first place, nevermind what's left.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. I'm from the UK, trust me, I know what I'm saying. If you think that people are not suffering in the UK too, then go over there for 2 years. I'm willing to bet that you would be begging to come back to Nigeria. As crazy as that may sound to you right now, I'm very certain that I'm 100% right.

Regards

Uvie

That's true.... But with all the issues you raised sir. Majority of Nigerians still prefer to endure in the UK.. all is well shaaa... I earn about 40k as a level 8 education officer here in Nigeria, and I manage it effectively despite the fact that we are owed several months of salary. Sir the truth is if you convert what an average Nigerian earns on a monthly basis you will realise why majority of us will not mind the 800pounds option.. GOD BE WITH US ALL..

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Fayose talk am now but we no listen!
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by nwamehn: 1:39am On Sep 06, 2016
onatisi:

Bros ,even this year has almost ended and yet this government has done absolutely nothing since it came into power last year,they are still blaming pdp by the end of October they will start talking about 2017 budget preparations ,budget implementation is below 40%, the truth is they have lost control of the whole system.

Na so, I wonder how much longer Nigerians would have to suffer before they finally stop the blame game, sit up and bring in competent people to help salvage the bad economic state of the country they rule.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Cromagnon: 4:09am On Sep 06, 2016
Teewhy2:
can you compare the productivity of the uk youth with the nigerian one.
you farm with cutlass they farm with 500hp tractor
better stop dreaming and enter farm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks / Femi Fani-kayode: Senator Ekweremadu And An Evil Soul Called David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.