Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. (10419 Views)

₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by daamazing(m): 12:11am On Sep 05, 2016
herald9:
Oh... That was a mistake.
Thanks.
big ups.!
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 5:24am On Sep 05, 2016
To own a plot here, you need cash, a lot of cash. The best plots sells for up $50million.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Davidhero(m): 6:05am On Sep 05, 2016
Explorers:
Dubai is the fastest growing desert city in the world, to attract the super rich and sustain the growth, it needs a beach for real estate which is limited in supply.

So the engineers came up with this, man made islands shaped like a giant palm tree and the world map. It is an extreme feat of engineering.

More than the size of a thousand football field, sitting on almost 7million tons of rocks, 150million tons of sand, and creating space for almost 5000 homes. A luxury resort built right into the ocean.

I watched a documentary on how this island was constructed.

It was amazing ....
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by skup008(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2016
Explorers, one of my best op on this community. This kind thread deserve fp nah. How do they call on lalasticala or seun's attention.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 8:17am On Sep 05, 2016
Davidhero:

I watched a documentary on how this island was constructed.

It was amazing ....

Really amazing bro, these pictures are not enough.

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2016
Adesiji77:
Dubai is indeed a jewel in the desert.

You really need to view the city from Burj Khalifa Tower...you will love it.

Would have loved to be there this year but "dollar don cost" tongue

Nice one @Explorers

The dollar na d issue now o no be visa again.

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2016
DEIFIED:
Woww, this is wonderfull. op i believe you have seen this >>http://listverse.com/2016/09/04/10-real-places-on-earth-that-seem-scientifically-impossible/

Im just checking it now bro, that park that goes under water every spring got me. Ive seen it before though, its amazing.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Yewandequeen(f): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Adesiji77:
Dubai is indeed a jewel in the desert.

You really need to view the city from Burj Khalifa Tower...you will love it.

Would have loved to be there this year but "dollar don cost" tongue

Nice one @Explorers

Will you take me with you? Just put me in your travelling box grin I won't mind.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Davidhero(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
Explorers:

Really amazing bro, these pictures are not enough.

Infact i was glued to the screen of my laptop watching.

The part that got me shocking was when the started refilling the sand back into the see with stones, sea divers did their job too.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2016
Davidhero:

Infact i was glued to the screen of my laptop watching.

The part that got me shocking was when the started refilling the sand back into the see with stones, sea divers did their job too.

That island construction is one the most amazing engineering feat ever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3669796/Forget-applying-Irish-papers-Brexit-threatens-restrict-travel-EU-UK-citizens-world-s-powerful-passports-revealed.html
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2016
A country with will...

Amazing. I will be there not too long
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Explorers:

That island construction is one the most amazing engineering feat ever.

Really amazing.... I don't know how to explain it in simplicity to myself gaan.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by munchi(m): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2016
Electronzeez:
Make I sky dive enter this thread . All thanks to gravity .
ur funny I swear

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Horllamideh(m): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
hahn:

But the bible says the world is only 6,000 years old na undecided
a Christian geologist was asked the same question, he said " man met a perfect earth....". According to climatologist, they believed that the earth atmosphere was devoid of even the littlest oxygen at one time.....carbon dioxide everywhere, but some earliest bacteria worked on the system and oxygen got introduced. the summary of my story......man met a perfect earth devoid of inadequate oxygen and later on huge dinosaurs.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Lordmykel(m): 3:25am On Sep 08, 2016
Na so na so, i hope it is not ending here?
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Rich4god(m): 6:39am On Sep 08, 2016
The residents of the "palm like island", are they not scared of things like flood and tsunami...
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Rich4god(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2016
skup008:
Explorers, one of my best op on this community. This kind thread deserve fp nah. How do they call on lalasticala or seun's attention.
How did you think this will get to FP.... Or did u see any celebrity displaying Ber boobs or cleavages in any of those pix.... Those are the kind of things that easily grease the FP.... Just 1 in 100 of such educated topics hits FP after like thousands of comments. But you will see a thread abt boobs, cleavages and bikinis hitting FP with just 2 comments....

Yet we complain of high rate of immortality in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Tunechi1(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Rich4god:
How did you think this will get to FP.... Or did u see any celebrity displaying Ber boobs or cleavages in any of those pix.... Those are the kind of things that easily grease the FP.... Just 1 in 100 of such educated topics hits FP after like thousands of comments. But you will see a thread abt boobs, cleavages and bikinis hitting FP with just 2 comments....

no mynd those mods jare na to ban dem sabi and to dey push useles thread go fp

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by ApexTitan(m): 1:51am On Sep 09, 2016
Rich4god:

Na wa o. When did Nigerians achieve immortality let alone start complaining about it? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
ApexTitan:

Na wa o. When did Nigerians achieve immortality let alone start complaining about it? cheesy

Looool, u no well.

But I thought they say Dubai z dry, hard land.... where r d artificial islands being built then?
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Looool, u no well.

But I thought they say Dubai z dry, hard land.... where r d artificial islands being built then?

Visit youtube bro and search for it.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:

Visit youtube bro and search for it.

My oga, Im not doubting u sir. Im just saying why do peeps say d area z dry when there z probably an ocean on which artificial islands can b created
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

My oga, Im not doubting u sir. Im just saying why do peeps say d area z dry when there z probably an ocean on which artificial islands can b created

I no bro, the place is dry, a desert with ocean.

About 70km coastline, the need more.

They went into the ocean filled it with sand and stones to make more artificial islands.

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by pearl360(f): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2016
Explorers:

I no bro, the place is dry, is a desert having an ocean. They went into the ocean filled it with sand stones to make islands.

Wow.... Some really extreme engineering went on in Dubai.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Sall(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
hahn:

Science is wrong. Only the word of God is true smiley
You think you will be were you where today if not science.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by hahn(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sall:

You think you will be were you where today if not science.

You think you will be here today if not for Satan? undecided
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
pearl360:

Wow.... Some really extreme engineering went on in Dubai.

Yea sis.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rich4god:
The residents of the "palm like island", are they not scared of things like flood and tsunami...
Or even mammy water

1 Like

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Or even mammy water

Lol......They are living under the ocean na, just like normal land.
Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by hpk(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
hahn:

But the bible says the world is only 6,000 years old na undecided
Burst My Thinking!!!! Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth. by Explorers(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2017
see how they built the palm islands, so amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiGc2KmLHn0&t=624s

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Traffic Related Issues The Nigerian Government Needs To Investigate & Address / Does Anyone Know Any Cheap Hotels Near The US Embassy In Abuja? / Commissioning Of Dualisation Of 12.5 Km Challenge-Odo Ona Elewe-Elebu-Apata Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.