Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions (2941 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by Ajike: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2009
The bottom line is that both is serving one GOD which has soooooooooooooo many names
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by saydfact(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2009
@neotic, when i was a Christian (a protestant) we told the catholics they had added to the bible in honouring Mary, they said we have subtracted from it, and we both each other "u are doomed for destruction.
@poster, now i'm a muslim and its easier for me to understand both religion.

why do Christian say the death of Christ on the cross has notified the old testament and still tell each other "thou shall not steal etc" a verse from the old testament, perhaps it notified those part the didn't like.
who did elder paul write to the church, women shall not speak in the congregation of the lord and women shd cover their head and they say "it was a letter to the Corinthians because they were fighting them

they seem to 4get the verse "no 1 has seem his face neither has any1 heard his voice" when they said and a voice came down from heaven saying, this is my beloved son, etc, so if that voice was heard, is the first verse in the bible notified or a lie.?  just asking.

a christain once gat me a track and wen i read it, they were comdeming the prostestant because they were of the seven days adventise church,
think b4 u attack,  lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by saydfact(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2009
nolified not notified, pls take note. lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by okeey(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2009
it up to u coz both are good
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by Abuzola(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2009
Allahu akbar
@say d fact, i enjoy ur testimony, proudly a muslim. Mwah
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by alimat2(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2009
Ajike:

The bottom line is that both is serving one GOD which has soooooooooooooo many names

NOOO, nt serving same God

Reasons
Muslim God has no son,its 1 and not 3 in 1, no wife, did not die on the cross, did nt eat, didnt cry on the cross and has no father

Xtian God has a son, its 3 in 1,has wife dat gave birth to the son, died onthe cross, cry on the cross and has father.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by shawn123: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
@PASTOR AIO
Am sorry you dont know much about your religion, go on the internet ask your pastors or more knowledgabel people, JESUS SPOKE ARAMAIC ARAMAIC IS HIS MOTHER TONGUE, AM SHOCKED YOU DONT KNOW THIS!, Anyways if you want to know what ARAMAIC SOUNDS like watch the movie passion of christ, Its in Aramaic , after all the movie was not made by muslims now is it?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by kathreen(f): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2009

Reasons
Muslim God has no son,its 1 and not 3 in 1, no wife, did not die on the cross, did nt eat, didnt cry on the cross and has no father

Xtian God has a son, its 3 in 1,has wife dat gave birth to the son, died onthe cross, cry on the cross and has father.

where in the bible did u read dat God has a wife?
Egun,
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by noetic15(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
alimat 2:

Reasons

you forgot to add that ur islamic allah is a moon-god, with a wife called allat and three daughters. this moon-god was served by mohammed's father and rebranded by mohammed.
allah is a barbaric demon whose traditions do not correspond with the biblical traditions. . .hence we do not serve the same God or god.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by PastorAIO: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2009
shawn123:

@PASTOR AIO
Am sorry you dont know much about your religion, go on the internet ask your pastors or more knowledgabel people, JESUS SPOKE ARAMAIC ARAMAIC IS HIS MOTHER TONGUE, AM SHOCKED YOU DONT KNOW THIS!, Anyways if you want to know what ARAMAIC SOUNDS like watch the movie passion of christ, Its in Aramaic , after all the movie was not made by muslims now is it?

Don't be sorry, there's nothing to be sorry about. I do know that Jesus spoke Aramaic. I also know that the psalms were written and recited in Hebrew. I also know that Jesus was quoting the Psalms when he said Eli Eli lama sabach thani. What are the chances that a rabbi well versed in hebrew, who practices his religion in hebrew all his life and recites his scriptures in hebrew (as they still do today) would suddenly at the point of death decide to quote the psalms in translation.

Think of it like this. Imagine a babalawo that speaks english and uses english in his daily affairs. Now imagine him making a quotation from the Odu of Ifa. What are the chances that he will be quoting the verses in translation. I think it is more likely that he will be quoting them in yoruba. Especially as (like judaism and hebrew) he considers the original language to be significant to the potency of the quotation.

I can see that the fact that Jesus spoke Aramaic is a new and exciting piece of information for you. Good for you, however it has no bearing on the fact that Jesus quoted a hebrew scripture in the original hebrew language.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by 3kay945(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2009
grab a copy of the Grail message,. it wil help you in this confusion. it contain nothin but TRUTH
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by 3kay945(m): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2009
either muslim or christian or hindu or taosi etc it doesnt matter, as much u know dis simple laws.
love ur neigbor as urself,
what u sow, u reap,
do onto other what u want them do 4u.
forgive so that ur own sin wil be forgiven, etc u all knw them because they re common sense
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by superior1: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2009
@sharkarz, ok u let the cat out of the bag too fast it is quite obvious you are muslim, i will try and clear a little of your confusion

1. Jesus Christ learnt and spoke all through his life in hebrew and the name of the hebrew God is YAHWEH which they dont even call or write for the fear of blasphemy mostly you will see it written has YHWH and they will break the pen with which they write it immediately.
2. Let us even agreed that He mentioned Allah in aramaic, the teachings and doctrines of the bible makes one comes to conclusion he is not talking about the muslims' allah, now think on these

-the Yorubas' may call Olorun or Olodumare, but i can tell you they are refering to different persons although they are calling the same names
-the Hausa Christians still use the word Allah even after thier conversion but they are definately not talking about the muslims'
-there are so many people bearing the name Jesus in south america but when Christians kneel to pray, they are not praying to any of them

If Jesus was actually calling Allah has God, he called it before Mohammed did, so what does it change? because i can tell you is not calling the same Allah who mohammed later called.

Billions who can speak english daily call the word God but some mean it as Yahweh who sent Jesus Christ to show us the way to Him, to some it is Allah who was revealed by mohammed, to some it is buddah who shows path of attaining enlightenment and funny enough to some it is satan (of course there is church of satan in califonia in the united states which many famous artiste are members of) they call him(satan) God of self and they do worship him as thier own God

The concept of which is which in beliefs is more than in which language who called God.

sharkaz, if truely your heart desire is to know God, the real one, be open hearted and pray to him in an open way, say something like " There GOD, i knw you are out there and i know you exist and i want to serve only you and no other person but you, i am confused and do not know your way, i hereby ask that you show me your path and the path for me to truely worship you, give me a good evidence to show me which way you want me to serve you" Amen

sharkaz, if you really meant this prayer and pray it openly without a thought of any religious way, then be assured you will get a visitation from your maker and he will reveal himself to you in such a way as to clear every of your doubt.
Salam maliakun
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by Nezan(m): 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
Must muslims lie? why did the poster deceived us ab initio that he was still searching for a religion, when actually from his post, he was muslim. I hate liars!
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by alimat2(f): 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
kathreen:

Reasons

where in the bible did u read dat God has a wife?
Egun,

Egun kooo badagry niii grin grin grin,

If ur god has no wife then who gav birth to his son?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by 3kay945(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2009
some muslim dont believe jesus was cruxify, ,confusion everywhr
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by PastorAIO: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
alimat 2:

Egun kooo badagry niii grin grin grin,

If your god has no wife then who gav birth to his son?

For ease of argument let us leave the 'God' part aside and tell me, In nature, is it every form of reproduction that is Sexual reproduction. Sexual reproduction involves the mating of 2 opposing sexes to procreate.

Isn't there also Asexual reproduction? So without even talking about God we can see that the presumption that offspring can only come from Sex is wrong and contradicted by the evidences all around us.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by PastorAIO: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
ps. No one wants to address the matter of why Jesus would quote a hebrew scripture in another language. (note: I'm allowing y'all to have your cake and eat it. ie You don't believe that Christ died on the Cross, yet you believe that he called out to Allah on the Cross).
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by muhsin(m): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2009
Pastor AIO:

ps. No one wants to address the matter of why Jesus would quote a hebrew scripture in another language. (note: I'm allowing y'all to have your cake and eat it. ie You don't believe that Christ died on the Cross, yet you believe that he called out to Allah on the Cross.

That is clearly mentioned in your bible.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by PastorAIO: 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
muhsin:

That is clearly mentioned in your bible.

sir, do you believe it happened or not?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by muhsin(m): 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
I say its mentioned. Only.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by noetic15(m): 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
muhsin:

how could have called on allah, when allah claimed he did not die? dont u think this is very unintelligent of allah?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by muhsin(m): 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
noetic15:

how could have called on allah, when allah claimed he did not die? dont u think this is very unintelligent of allah?

What a sheer nonsense!
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by PastorAIO: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
muhsin:

Right, so you don't believe it happened but you are prepared to use it as a proof that Jesus worshipped Allah.  Isn't that a bit desperate when you have to resort to evidences that you don't believe happened?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by noetic15(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
muhsin:

What a sheer nonsense!

EXACTLY my thoughts . . . . .it is an unintelligent and pathetic contradiction from allah shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by dakkylove(f): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2009
what is all this hullaboo about. you claim you are still choosing religions but it is obvious you are a muslim. the claim from muslims is that Allah is God and who am i to judge them. i have had Korans in my house, i have read some and i have Muslim friends the bottom line is this. do not speak of things you do not understand. i do not understand wholly the muslim faith so i cannot speak on it neither can i condemn it. it seems to be a peaceful religion with a lot of good and yes bad qualities which include the Jihad.Christianity isn't perfect either some fanatics have twisted the Scriptures in the bible as an escuse to wreak havoc on people. my conclusion. i believe in Christ, I believe Christ died for my sins, i believe i am saved because of this sacrifice. i believe in God and the holyspirit and if you ask me for evidence. my life is Evidence.he has been fantastic in my life and i will never shake from my faith.y'all can have your beliefs at the end of the day we all will be judged, it is not my job to judge.@the originator of this thread i pray you choose well and you choose properly because you might influence your children. stop comparing religions believe in what you have chosen to believe, you have a conscience i pray it leads you well at the end of the day, you will all be judged.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by agathamari(f): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2009
@poster noone says you must conform to a structured religion. you can take whatever aspcts of whatever religions you like. youreally think god is only gong to care about you following ever doctrin or is he ging to care you believed in him and lived a good and moral life?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by majoroller: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
I PERSONALLY FEEL U GUYS SUD GROW UP & STOP ALL THIS RUBBISH CRITICIZIN,I MEAN THE ISSUE OF RELIGION SHOULD NOT LEAD US TO HATIN,ABUSIN&GOIN TO SUCH EXTEND OF DEGRADIN EACHOTHER, PLEASE BROTHERS&SISTERS LET GROW UP & LEARNT TO RESPECT EACHOTHERS RELIGION SINCE RELIGION IS MEANT TO MAKE US A BETTER PERSON&A WAY OF LIFE, ITS BETTER WE LEARN FROM EACHOTHER WITH MUTUAL RESPECT ,RATHER THAN PASSING DIFFERENT INSULT TO ONE ANOTHER& IF WE'RE UNABLE TO DO THAT LET JUST LEAVE LIKE THIS :SAY WOE TO THE UNBELIEVERS, I DO NOT WORSHIP THAT WHICH YOU WORSHIP NOR DO YOU WORSHIP THAT WHICH I WORSHIP AND I'LL NEVER WORSHIP THAT WHICH YOU WORSHIP NOR WILL YOU EVER WORSHIP THAT WHICH I WORSHIP, TO YOU; YOU HAVE YOUR FAITH AND TO ME; I HAVE MINE, CASE CLOSE, NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION MY BROTHERS&SISTERS,
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by sley4life(m): 6:15am On Oct 10, 2009
Stay put in one religion. Are u a toddler to still be searching for a religion
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by kolaoloye(m): 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2009
Insert Quote
Quote from: alimat 2 on October 06, 2009, 05:14 PM

Reasons

Alimat 2
I discovered you as a cool headed person unlike some fanatics around here.
Please let no one deceive you. Like i told you before THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD - The Creator.
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by agathamari(f): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2009
majoroller:

I PERSONALLY FEEL U GUYS SUD GROW UP & STOP ALL THIS RUBBISH CRITICIZIN,I MEAN THE ISSUE OF RELIGION SHOULD NOT LEAD US TO HATIN,ABUSIN&GOIN TO SUCH EXTEND OF DEGRADIN EACHOTHER, PLEASE BROTHERS&SISTERS LET GROW UP & LEARNT TO RESPECT EACHOTHERS RELIGION SINCE RELIGION IS MEANT TO MAKE US A BETTER PERSON&A WAY OF LIFE, ITS BETTER WE LEARN FROM EACHOTHER WITH MUTUAL RESPECT ,RATHER THAN PASSING DIFFERENT INSULT TO ONE ANOTHER& IF WE'RE UNABLE TO DO THAT LET JUST LEAVE LIKE THIS :SAY WOE TO THE UNBELIEVERS, I DO NOT WORSHIP THAT WHICH YOU WORSHIP NOR DO YOU WORSHIP THAT WHICH I WORSHIP AND I'LL NEVER WORSHIP THAT WHICH YOU WORSHIP NOR WILL YOU EVER WORSHIP THAT WHICH I WORSHIP, TO YOU; YOU HAVE YOUR FAITH AND TO ME; I HAVE MINE, CASE CLOSE, NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION MY BROTHERS&SISTERS,
agreed

sley4life:

Stay put in one religion. Are u a toddler to still be searching for a religion
how does someone wanting to gain knowledge and understanding make them a toddler? does that mean those who dont wish to understand the views of others are infants?
Re: I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions by Abuzola(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2009
God is one, he never beget any son

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev. King’s Devotees Attack TB Joshua / Mansions In Heaven….. / Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.