Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,103 members, 7,957,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 (32545 Views)

Benny Hinn In Abuja For Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Christ Embassy Crusade (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by macjireh: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Seun:
Is there any verse in the Bible that says we must not criticise preachers? The "touch not my anointed" verse has nothing to do with that.
u don't read d Bible yet u have mouth to talk... let me show u now
Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.( don't scatter d Church with ur criticism)
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son ( leave d judgement to Jesus alone)
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.( don't judge d servant of Jesus, its not ur business, OK).

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Branzy:
business partners
lol ..very true..The father's business

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2016
simplex2:
Go into high population density areas to preach the gospel! Target state capitals and commercially viable areas; forget the slums, ghetos and poverty ravished regions. For god has already made them desolate lands and they don't need salvation.

Come to Lagos sir, that is where the money is word works.

haha....why are you not in the slums preaching?...you must understand everyone has his place of Assignment.. John was mostly in the wilderness.. Jesus was mostly in cities..learn!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Seun:
Why is it that the God of Pastor Chris and Benny Hinn distributes the gift of falling down to everybody like he is Father Christmas, but when it comes to actual healing miracles, it's difficult to find any genuine case? The makers of the documentary below followed Benny Hinn around looking for healing miracles, but they didn't find any healing miracles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVG1x-rh6FE

lol...is this the Seun there say owns nairaland??..really?..okay

people fall well in their meetings cos of the special grace on them..I pray ur mind understands this

please Mr Seun come around on those days...Feel free to come looking for contents for ur next post..You won't leave there this way..The power of God will Hit u well.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2016
ovicky:
The import of so called Christian books and Christian stations from abroad has caused a major havoc in the Christianity of Africa... So many heresies in hbooks and those stations for people who have discerning spirit.

Nigerians.. Note.... Just because a person is oyinbo ajnd makes people fall doesn't mean they fcome from God.... I hear response like touch not my anointed... Trust me if you are really saved and a good berean, u won't use that scripture out of context.

**for many shall say to me in your name, we cast oit demons............ And i will say to them. I do not know you, you workers of iniquity.

Christians, pray for discerning spirit so u won't be tossed around by every wind of doctrine...

The same Benny Hinn that still have problem in verifying his miracles is d same one being held in high esteem...
Nigerians..... Research.. Go deep and see things for urself... God bless everyone and the Body of Christ.

Shalom

haha...may your eyes be open
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2016
ikorodureporta:
So its free! Hope there wnt b a vip section for those willing to drop 1k grin or more. .......Besides, hope u all saw their name. Did u see 'church' written there?? Make all men mind where dem dey go............ undecided

(*Believer's Loveworld Nation

*Christ Embassy- which was named afta himself-Christian)

I wonda what u all wld feel like if he had invited his 'Ikotun' master undecided

hahahaha..Father save this soul

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2016
MadCow1:

And you know this how?

Because he denied it?

We're you expecting him to admit it?

but u were expecting the press to be correct as always..shey?..keep worshipping the press and believe their every lie at your own peril
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by MadCow1: 8:33am On Oct 04, 2016
Ochedi:

but u were expecting the press to be correct as always..shey?..keep worshipping the press and believe their every lie at your own peril

Pfft..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2016
miqos02:
they are both divorced too

thank God you have a Phone be sensible enough to research before concluding..pastor Benny is not divorced

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2016
wayisshut:

Seun be careful what you say. I have never heard or seen you ever condemning the terrorists religion called Islam, You indirectly support them if I should mention my opinion. Just like the bible says, the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life.
Let me point out something to you about christainity which you dont know, It takes the holy spirit to help you understand the things of the spirit You see everything wrong if you are not tune to that frequency.
JUST AS A LITTLE CHILD OF PRIMARY FOUR CANNOT DECIPHER QUANTUM PHYSICS BECAUSE HIS/HER MIND HAS NOT MATURE TO THAT LEVEL SO YOU CAN NEVER DECIPHER THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT BECAUSE THE TWO FREQUENCIES ARE NOT ON THE SAME PLATFORM.

MY 2CENTS BRO NO HATING. MY PRAYER FOR YOU IS THAT YOU SEE THE LIGHT.

lol...I'm disappointed that this is the Seun that owns naira land.

at the very least He should learn what respect is..and we expect Nigeria to be better..with you down talking people who are above you,causing division and strife..wow...I'm really disappointed at this Seun.Was expecting an icon..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2016
MadCow1:

Pfft..
lol...wateva that means
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by MadCow1: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Ochedi:

lol...wateva that means

That means 'I give up'...

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by ideology(m): 3:41am On Oct 05, 2016
MadCow1:

No one is forcing you to be a Christian.

No one is forcing you to pay tithe and all that stuffs that you may want to criticise.

Allow those who have chosen their path, continue till the end.

Is it not funny that every other form of beliefs are fighting Christianity.

Live your life and let others live theirs else you are setting yourself up for destruction. (Self destruction)

#MyAdvice

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ochedi:
lol...is this the Seun there say owns nairaland??..really?..okay

people fall well in their meetings cos of the special grace on them..I pray ur mind understands this
How come Jesus, who is regarded as the Son of God himself, didn't have that special grace? Who is more anointed than Jesus?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Chubhie: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:
How come Jesus, who is regarded as the Son of God himself, didn't have that special grace? Who is more anointed than Jesus?
What about Michael Jackson?Emotional attachment to the grace.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by bi0nics: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:
Interesting..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by donnie(m): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2016
Seun:

Who told you He didnt have that grace? What happened to the men who came to arrest Him? He answered them saying "i am He" and they fell down. He was in charge, yet he still submitted himself to them according to the will of God. John 18:3-6.

Jn 18:3-6
3 Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. 4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? 5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. 6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.
(KJV)

In another occassion, he blew on the disciples and they received a blessing...
Jn 20:22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
(KJV)

Isaiah the prophet even spoke of this phenomenon along with speaking in tongues...

Isa 28:11-13
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said,
This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest;
and this is the refreshing:yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was unto them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line;
here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken,
and snared, and taken.
(KJV)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Seun(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
John 18:3-6 So Judas came to the garden, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and the Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.

Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Who is it you want?” “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied.

“I am he,” Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) When Jesus said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.
I knew donnie was going to cite that passage. The book of John is known to be even more fictional than the other gospels, so this incident definitely never happened. However, if we pretend that it happened for the sake of argument, it happened only once and the context was completely different from how it happens in Benny Hinn and Chris Oyakhilome's shows. Jesus didn't lay hands on, push, or breath on them to make them fall down. Also, the people that 'fell down' were not brainwashed followers of Jesus but his enemies, who were armed. I'll take Pastor Chris more seriously when he makes a group of armed Boko Haram fighters who want to kill him draw back and fall to the ground.

donnie:
In another occasion, he blew on the disciples and they received a blessing...
Jn 20:22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
(KJV)
The story doesn't say that they fell down when he breathed on them. Also, it contradicts the pentecostal story presented in the book of Acts.

Isaiah 28:11-13
So then, the word of the Lord to them will become:
Do this, do that,
a rule for this, a rule for that;
a little here, a little there—
so that as they go they will fall backward; they will be injured and snared and captured.
This entertaining passage is completely irrelevant. You had to resort to it because there is no scriptural basis for falling down under anointing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by donnie(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:

I knew donnie was going to cite that passage. The book of John is known to be even more fictional
Known by who? You and you ilk? John was actually known to have deep insight into the person of Jesus and Eternal life that He brought. That is why he was nicknamed by many in the church as John the divine.

Seun:

so this incident definitely never happened.

You wish...

Seun:

However, if we pretend that it happened for the sake of argument, it happened only once and the context was completely different from how it happens in Benny Hinn and Chris Oyakhilome's

Mtcheew... SMH

Seun:

Jesus didn't lay hands on, push, or breath on them to make them fall down.
Abeg stick with your forum business and other hubbies like trying to help your atheist friends gain relevance and stay away from spritual matters as you are nowhere in that arena. Falling down is not the purpose of the laying on of hands or breathing. A blessing is actually imparted but the uninitiated only see the falling

Seun:

Also, the people that 'fell down' were not brainwashed followers of Jesus but his enemies, who were armed

That wasnt the argument. You lied that such a phenomenon (falling under the power) never occured in Jesus' ministry, period.

Seun:

I'll take Pastor Chris more seriously when he makes a group of armed Boko Haram fighters who want to kill him draw back and fall to the ground.

Ignorance they say is bliss. Even if i show you more scriptures you will still look for more reasons to despise truth, like: Jesus did His outside, Pastors Benny and Chris do theirs in an auditorium. undecided You think these men have come this far and havent been confronted by such dark forces before ... Or they should put it on camera and show you?

I will rather leave you in your ignorance and not bother to enlighten you on such things; afterall, you saw light but rather chose darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
MadCow1:

God bless your humble soul and deepen your revelation of Him and His ways
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
Seun:

lol...u sound like you were in the days of Jesus..how can you be soo sure pple didn't fall when you were not there and you lack understanding of scriptures..common. Seun I believe you're smarter than this

now..lemme show you.

John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Oti clear ko...And you'll see many other manifestations if only you allow Him open your eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by Ochedi(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
Seun:

I knew donnie was going to cite that passage. The book of John is known to be even more fictional than the other gospels, so this incident definitely never happened. However, if we pretend that it happened for the sake of argument, it happened only once and the context was completely different from how it happens in Benny Hinn and Chris Oyakhilome's shows. Jesus didn't lay hands on, push, or breath on them to make them fall down. Also, the people that 'fell down' were not brainwashed followers of Jesus but his enemies, who were armed. I'll take Pastor Chris more seriously when he makes a group of armed Boko Haram fighters who want to kill him draw back and fall to the ground.

The story doesn't say that they fell down when he breathed on them. Also, it contradicts the pentecostal story presented in the book of Acts.

This entertaining passage is completely irrelevant. You had to resort to it because there is no scriptural basis for falling down under anointing.

Mr Seun..I've been very busy doing great things for my Lord..that's why I'm late here.

well...from my experience and the wisdom of God at work in me I know it'll be a waste of time trying to show you the way..no!..its not my job..I've seen you gladly chose the path you'll on.but then again I wonder why the attacks?.. too childish?.. definitely no..its the devil at work in the children of disobedience..should I hand you over to Satan so your soul can at least be saved or what? still wondering...

but you know what?..I've gat a message for you..for encountering me and responding to me alone you'll never be the came again.this is the beginning of the change..you Mr Seun will hold the bible and declare God's counsel in this very life..see you in 3years time brother.

haha..don't try fighting it.its more than you.. even if u meant for hell..I've changed that..you'll hold this Bible.

don't bother responding. I may not c it.

prevail brother!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by MadCow1: 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ochedi:

God bless your humble soul and deepen your revelation of Him and His ways

Bless you too.

Salam!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by adoyi8: 11:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
macjireh:

u don't read d Bible yet u have mouth to talk... let me show u now
Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.( don't scatter d Church with ur criticism)
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son ( leave d judgement to Jesus alone)
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.( don't judge d servant of Jesus, its not ur business, OK).

how about this?

titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

2 timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by dessy8: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
if you can talk like this,,then you are not spiritual at all my brother......
dyydxx:

same bible says to 'Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment' John 7:24 KJV and 'But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one' 1 Cor 2: 15-16 KJV

So abeg talk another thing, deluded church goer.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 by dyydxx: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
dessy8:
if you can talk like this,,then you are not spiritual at all my brother......

and you are super spiritual right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evangelist Dapo Soyemi: Woman Wearing Trousers Will Not Make Heaven / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.