Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap (15376 Views)

Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by Jeel: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2016
k
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by AdaIhiala(f): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Ridiculous! We count 1234...10,when you have fallen into the rhythm of the counting, we fall back to 1 again and so the cycle continues . Nigeria my country I hail thee! Your mates are pursuing better meat, you are comfortable pursuing rats and lizards. Every day obi is a boy.
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by doubtingthomas(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
Is petrol more important than garri?? Or rice??

Government should remove hands Completely from petroleum products price determination. .. I know they fear for the masses. .. But for the future remove hands... Let market forces determine the price... Let any body be free to import. .. Just check the standards that's all.. We will get used to it

Answe to above question: No and YES

No, if we all can grow and process our garri and rice individually without the exchange factor.

Yes, because the price of petrol as a factor in the exchange chain affects the price of garri and rice, whereas the price of garri and rice does not affect the price of petrol.

Government should not hands off the petrol economy until she helps both private and public organizations to refine petroleum products locally enough for domestic consumption and export.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by AfroKnight: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
All this simply because no other Head of state built any refinery since Buhari completed the last one. And instead of them to maintain the facilities available, they chose to run them aground so they and their cronies could import refined products and become billionaires.

What did GEJ do with the windfall from crude oil sales? He chose to share the money like those before him.

We cannot alienate the current fuel crisis from PDP. They contributed a great deal to the hardship through unprecedented wastefulness.

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by Fedayeen02: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2016
Bolustic:

If not for the fact that we're bedevilled by bad leadership, why should we still import fuel?

We had a party who ruled for 16 years and couldn't show one new refinery built as its achievement. A Niger Deltan PhD holder who should know better didn't see a need for a new refinery in his region yet they call him Hero.
Finish your NYSC then you go know say KHAKI NO BE LEATHER.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by batstan(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2016
grin
If he sends his hatchet men to Uselu you will scream, wolf! wolf!! ethno bigot!!!.
Osasu nah Edo, make una waka for protest.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by free2ryhme: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2016
Make dem increase the pump price and let's watch how the events unfold

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by 8BitGee(m): 8:55am On Sep 05, 2016
This really does not work. The government should remove it's hands from fuel price regulation. When prices go up or down, it is not government, it is market forces. This will make it difficult for anti-government and the forever useless labour unions to call senseless strikes.

What is important to me atm is WTF is Emefiele doing about the exchange rate? Isn't it time to fire this guy PMB?
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by bankylan: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2016
N
trillville:

couldn't GEJ borrow money to build the refineries? In a whole 5 good years fa. Lack of vision is the problem we are facing.

Again, nigeria paid subsidy on over 60 million litres per day in 2012, yet today we are only consuming 30 million litres. Where did the excess demand disappear to. Most of the subsidy payments were fraudulent. Even the "infamous" farook lawan probe proved this.

Who told u we consume 30m liters per day? Lagos alone consumes more than half of that per day
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by eph12(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
Is petrol more important than garri?? Or rice??

Government should remove hands Completely from petroleum products price determination. .. I know they fear for the masses. .. But for the future remove hands... Let market forces determine the price... Let any body be free to import. .. Just check the standards that's all.. We will get used to it
You don't know how important petrol is? In a country where there is no light? Cost of production is high because of the cost of generating electricity to run the business. Increase in transportation fee affects prices of foodstuffs.

Anyways I agree government should hands off fuel completely but we need at least 18 hours electricity for this to work.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by eph12(m): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2016
trillville:

couldn't GEJ borrow money to build the refineries? In a whole 5 good years fa. Lack of vision is the problem we are facing.

Again, nigeria paid subsidy on over 60 million litres per day in 2012, yet today we are only consuming 30 million litres. Where did the excess demand disappear to. Most of the subsidy payments were fraudulent. Even the "infamous" farook lawan probe proved this.
I don't believe those figures for the record though I don't doubt the level of corruption during the subsidy days.

You should also know that fuel consumption at #97/litre can't be the same at #140/litre for an average Nigerian family.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by eph12(m): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2016
8BitGee:
This really does not work. The government should remove it's hands from fuel price regulation. When prices go up or down, it is not government, it is market forces. This will make it difficult for anti-government and the forever useless labour unions to call senseless strikes.

What is important to me atm is WTF is Emefiele doing about the exchange rate? Isn't it time to fire this guy PMB?
Don't you think government is trying to hands off providing forex to every dick tom and Harry? The APC led government is trying to free up funds for other things. That's why we are where we are now. I don't have a problem with that but the money we are saving from this where is it? Emefiele can't answer this Buhari can. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by kevweno: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2016
batstan:

Don't mind the self-centred association
kpangolo head....u see aisha burhari for their names there that u think they are getting subsidized dollars ?
o

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2016
Bolustic:
Let the principle of demand and supply take its place. The sad truth is that we'd have to endure this erratic pump prove palaver till 2018 when Dangote will be through with his refinery.
..............................................................................................

Lol!!!

Is that your new excuse Dangote's refinery?? SMH

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by lincontee(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2016
If FG said you are trying to grow our economy by encourage local productions & manufacturing, to discourage importation, why is the same formula not speedily as a matter of emergency applicable to refineries? If FG is incapacitated to put our refineries to full optimization to refine what we consume so as to stop bringing in refined products for us in the country to consume, now inflicting the pains & hardship to masses that can not afford to buy the products in the name of dollar exchange rate, they should throw it open to both foreign & local investors to come to our rescue by building refineries in the country. How long does it take to build refinery? Why in the world wide world only Dangote refinery the shameless FG talk about? Evil conspiracy & sabotage FG & Dangote Refinery. For how long FG want exchange rate to determine masses access to our crude oil refined products?

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by toidflex(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Then what can you say of some filling Stations selling below N145 per Litre?!
No wonder the Post has no Source - it's credibility is questionable!

Ain't the filling Stations selling below N145 not affected by the economy situation?! But, just in case the news is true FG shouldn't consent to their Request, to avoid public uproar that might end the administration!
yaa das true cos i bought fuel ysterday from an independent marketer for #142 and the fuel pump was ok.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by emenem: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2016
What sort of govt. is this... where is the f**king damn change you guys talked about. Just because you guys has all it takes to feed your family and meet their various needs. then we down here shld face the hardship that the so called stupidify government of nigeria are intentionally imposing on us.

No mata how hard you crazed out govt APC, PDP whosever you make us feel. we're are better than you all, cos you all are f**king thieves, fools and bunches of scallywags.

i just have 3 words for yha all govt officals.... "F**k all Yha".

yha all should die in ur sleep...
cool

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by tuoyoojo(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2016
now I know we Nigerians are freaking cowards

suffering and smiling

with self delusions that things would get better with increased in pump price

these guys r testing the waters to check our pulse ane general reaction to the planned increase bf going for the kill

this is the time for us to rise and kick against this policies that resist attempts to kill Nigerians

scared bunch we are

what a pity

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by onyxo76(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2016
Ever since the price was increased to 145 per litre how many people even buy up to 2000 worth of fuel these days? maybe those in transport biz but regular folks have packed their cars to opt for public transport and even reduced the hours of generator usage to an hour or two everyday, i think i should start considering using gas to power my gen should the price of petrol get increased, i heard that a 12.5kg cylinder costing between 3,500 to 4000 can last about 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by sheddy03: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Then what can you say of some filling Stations selling below N145 per Litre?!
No wonder the Post has no Source - it's credibility is questionable!

Ain't the filling Stations selling below N145 not affected by the economy situation?! But, just in case the news is true FG shouldn't consent to their Request, to avoid public uproar that might end the administration!
yeah, where I take fuel most times sell at 141/l. they would not be selling so if the pricing is not favouring them.
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by seyigiggle: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2016
these marketers are thieves. if the forex is true, why did i bought at 140 on Saturday?

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by LEXYCOM: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2016
Kukuma kill me nah........am complaining that 145 is on the high side and u are thinking of increasing it......kilode, what have I don to deserve this?

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by sheddy03: 10:04am On Sep 05, 2016
LEXYCOM:
Kukuma kill me nah........am complaining that 145 is on the high side and u are thinking of increasing it......kilode, what have I don to deserve this?
your sin is that your kilode people supported and voted for APC, and APC is doing this to you. sorry ehhh.
I supported change too, but am disowning APC.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by habsydiamond(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
We nigerians are the ones adding salt to our wounds. We have refineries yet some hoodlums calling themselves niger delta avengers are destroying the pumps and other equipment meant to produce the oil for us at a cheaper rate. I don't think the marketers are wrong. The problem here is just that its only we the masses that will suffer for it.
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by PaulIdu: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2016
AfroKnight:
All this simply because no other Head of state built any refinery since Buhari completed the last one. And instead of them to maintain the facilities available, they chose to run them aground so they and their cronies could import refined products and become billionaires.

What did GEJ do with the windfall from crude oil sales? He chose to share the money like those before him.

We cannot alienate the current fuel crisis from PDP. They contributed a great deal to the hardship through unprecedented wastefulness.

And the Buhari myth continues , didn't this same myth say he built the Kaduna refinery in 6 months ..he is almost two years in power and hasn't fixed a single refinery

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by PaulIdu: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2016
onyxo76:
Ever since the price was increased to 145 per litre how many people even buy up to 2000 worth of fuel these days? maybe those in transport biz but regular folks have packed their cars to opt for public transport and even reduced the hours of generator usage to an hour or two everyday, i think i should start considering using gas to power my gen should the price of petrol get increased, i heard that a 12.5kg cylinder costing between 3,500 to 4000 can last about 3 weeks.

Do realise that if everyone starts using gas to power generator the demand of gas will sharply outweigh the supply and that could shoot gas prices up drastically

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by progress69: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2016
hakeem4:
These ones want them to increase it from N145 because of the exchange rate

I thought they said the refineries are working

I thought u were not blind when it was published that your friends blew up all the pipelines delivering crude to the the refineries
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by progress69: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2016
trillville:

U av time. Those clowns know the truth, but they keep posting thrash to suit their wailing demand

1 Like

Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by Themandator: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bolustic:
Let the principle of demand and supply take its place. The sad truth is that we'd have to endure this erratic pump prove palaver till 2018 when Dangote will be through with his refinery.
..............................................................................................

How cheap is cement?
Re: Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap by Themandator: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
sheddy03:

yeah, where I take fuel most times sell at 141/l. they would not be selling so if the pricing is not favouring them.

The government is in charge of the import via Nnpc. Once it gets into the country, the depots buys from them.
The effects of this massive but hidden subsidy will soon be manifest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign Song Plartform Opens: Young Nigerians Excited / School Feeding: Oyetola Inaugurates 2,210 New Food Vendors (Photos) / NSITF Blames Termites Over Unknown ₦17.128bn Spending In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.