Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace (56983 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Franzeez(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2016
Wasting tax payers money to maintain useless monarchs.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OFFICIAL336: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2016
Abagworo:
My house is finer. Not a joke.
Who ask you?

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2016
Foundation stone of CHIMEDIE Museum in Onitsha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by seguno2: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2016
saint7000:
Not only rich but extremely well educated. Most of Igbo kings had their first degree overseas; not in simple courses, I'm talking about medicine, PHD, engineering, e.t.c.

If they are indeed educated, why have they not applied their acquired knowledge to identify, modernise, conserve and integrate the finer elements of their culture into their buildings and lifestyle today?
Of what value is your education if it doesn't benefit your society?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by mathow55(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2016
at times when I see the way people defend or abuse some persons that does not care if they exist, it shows that we still have a long way to go in this country, some of you will come here and share pictures about your cities, artist, etc and the important part of your life you neglect, you call some places Brown roof, I doubt it if some of you have visited south western state's b4, you judge base on the few pictures you are online . my Grand father was very wealthy b4 he died about 40years ago, and before then he built a story building with Brown roof, with other houses around, my dad have several houses today , I can't even remember the last time he went to his home town, those Brown roofs you are seeing there are sign of progress, that are grand parents are wiser than yours, because they were able to put those structures in place.

So just shut the Bleep up, and stop all this your illogical reasoning
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Sayelabola(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2016
cjrane:
See the useless ashewo Arab boys have finished enjoying up, down and center.

Those who lives in glass houses should not throw stones.

You have been warned.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Onitsha events center

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2016
martineinstein:
smh for nigerian youth....adoring european palaces in africa instead of benin and emir's
how is it European palace for goodness sake is it located in Europe? Benin and Emir palaces were built long ago in the pre colonial era Did you think they will look like that if they were built today,? When is a crime to live a comfortable life? Anyway you are not retarded you are just mentally slow.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by mathow55(m): 11:53am On Sep 06, 2016
why are you like this self? stop sharing pictures when you need to making plans for your future.
you dont get it?
I am tired of seeing some youths acting as if they are still in primitive age.
if you like defend oni or obi, those ppl does not know you, and they don't care about whatsoever you think about them

if only you can channel your energy to the right things, the way you are doing with this, your life we be better than how it is today

many of our youths are unemployed instead of them using the social media as a means of sourcing out opportunities for themselves. post useless things that won't benefit their life

misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Chuksyno(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2016
WebSurfer:
Where are they generating these funds from?
From your kinsmen
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2016
Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by redcliff: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Abagworo:

You will be flabbergasted knowing me in real life. Forget this our play here my personal house beats this Palace hands down. Maybe you find it impossible to believe.

Shutup and post pictures of you in your house.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by martineinstein(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
maxwell60:
how is it European palace for goodness sake is it located in Europe? Benin and Emir palaces were built long ago in the pre colonial era Did you think they will look like that if they were built today,? When is a crime to live a comfortable life? Anyway you are not retarded you are just mentally slow.
mr high mentality,were burkingham palace,st. Peter's square bassilica,red square,taj mahal etc replaced withh skyscrapers?......those are building that have existed for more than 500 years...will u be happy to see arochukwu shhrine or osun shrine replaced with modernised ones??..put on ur thinking cap,bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by redcliff: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
blues20:

Well, if you dig deep, you'll discover its all fun. We are all here to catch fun sometimes... Nobody takes it personal. wink wink wink

Dont shove it away. Its not fun. Not in any sense of the word!
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by martineinstein(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
mathow55:
why are you like this self? stop sharing pictures when you need to making plans for your future.
you dont get it?
I am tired of seeing some youths acting as if they are still in primitive age.
if you like defend oni or obi, those ppl does not know you, and they don't care about whatsoever you think about them

if only you can channel your energy to the right things, the way you are doing with this, your life we be better than how it is today

many of our youths are unemployed instead of them using the social media as a means of sourcing out opportunities for themselves. post useless things that won't benefit their life

misplaced priorities
i dont blame dem,they have been engrossed into unemployment world

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Malawian(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
aresa:

[img]http://lagosposts.files./2016/06/10258487_10208708709064683_8203785564907168480_n.jpg[/img]

Yes, Ooni is way better...

The onisha one look like Boys' quarters ...

Like the above.. grin grin
so this thing they say is actually true? igbos open a thread to showcase themselves, yoruba butt in un-invited, to compare themselves with igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by AreaFada2: 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mr Seun Osewa,

please call people to order.

The country is tense enough as it is. In as much as we want to respect people's right of expression, we cannot allow Nairaland to be used for radical tribalism. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We all know how people have been radicalised worldwide through the internet. Many went on to cause massive carnage.

Snakemam Lala & other mods please take note.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by IamOpemipo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Malawian:

so this thing they say is actually true? igbos open a thread to showcase themselves, yoruba butt in un-invited, to compare themselves with igbos

Are u new here?..wait till a thread is opened about yoruba and den b the judge
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by BiafraIShere(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
saint7000:

Stop posting pics of a prostitute here. You and your Oni have no shame or dignity...went and wifed up a woman who has been tossed around and rammed by different Arab men. If he so much wanted a light skinned woman that is scarce in yorubaland, he would had pleaded with us in Igboland, and we would had gladly loaned him one like we loaned Chiwendu to Fani Kayode. We have gazillion of beautiful light skinned women and most especially...CLEAN AND CHASTE ONES! I did not mean to drag the Oni into this but this lunatic started it and needs to be taught a lesson to stay of Igbo threads.

ONI'S WIFE EXPOSED WITH ARAB MEN
https://www.nairaland.com/2991840/exposed-see-photo-ooni-ifes
Jesu Kristi. Kai, this is catastrophic, ghastly, crushing & humiliating brutality along with pics, facts & figures!!! Sh!t, bro you just murdered that guy without bloodshed!! Wtf, I am now enveloped in shame on-behalf of aresa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Tundeobama(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
when you talk of class and riches non of igbo kings stands near oni of ife and obateru of ondo.
Forbes an American businessmagazine just released a list of the richest Kings in Africa and two Nigerian monarchs made the list.
from oba of ife to oba of oyo to oba of Lagos and olubadan.
obi is the highest ranking king in igbo land but behind the 4 1st class kings in south west
peace.
am frm middle belt

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by teebillz: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Na only one building dey Ooni palace?
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by iceblueofficial(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
cheesy
aresa:
[s][/s]

See painment... grin
but make I no lie brotherlies both the igbo and ooni pallace finnnnnnn dieeeeeee! I swear 2 God!
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by BiafraIShere(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mikylopez:
my home town av been der once 2005
Your home town and you have been there just once chai, my mama talk say I be Igbo!
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by nell2: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

This is the most beautiful Queen in Nigeria the Ooni is working with... grin
Abegii
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Dainfamous: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Afonjas will not allow us hear word about their yeye Oba burukutu of ifeland undecided
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by jegz25(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
saint7000:

Who is dicckkk measuring with you? Go and open your own Oni's thread and leave us alone for God in heaven! God!
and guess u r commentting inside ur redmud house in ur village..praising something built with tax payer's money
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by kechywillz(m): 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
In almost every thread,people always turn it to tribal bashing
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by popizaino(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
seguno2:

Can you please point out just one thing oh that reflects African architecture in the palace pictures.
Thanks.

If our royal fathers are colonial mentality slaves to oyinbos in this day and age, what hope for liberation is there for ordinary citizens like ourselves?
What hope?
so are you suggesting they should have remained in their red mud building with rusted zinc? moreover the architectural piece wasn't a reason for my comment but the size,the beautiful lawns that could accommodate countless number of people at a time.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Nelbless(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
seguno2:

If they are indeed educated, why have they not applied their acquired knowledge to identify, modernise, conserve and integrate the finer elements of their culture into their buildings and lifestyle today?
Of what value is your education if it doesn't benefit your society?

I don't think this guy has visited The East....I'm not an Ibo but must salute the Easterners for their innovations; enntreprenuerial spirit and organisation.....Education first came to the west...before the east but what we see today is educated westerners that spends years in school only to work for ill educated super wealthy Easterners .......

and when they are educated ....I mean the ibos....they are hardly ignoramus like some of us....they build an empire for themselves....unlike US here that makes a God of ourselves...

Ibos simply awesome....

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Malayy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Doug07034780891:
This should be the most beautiful palace in Nigeria. Onitsha Ado amaka!

Lalasticlala oya come greet the great Obi of Onitsha! cool
the afonjas will come for your head.. be watchful...
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by seguno2: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
popizaino:
so are you suggesting they should have remained in their red mud building with rusted zinc? moreover the architectural piece wasn't a reason for my comment but the size,the beautiful lawns that could accommodate countless number of people at a time.

How does "REFLECT Igbo traditional architecture" equate to "red mud building with rusted ZINC"?
Do you mind explaining?
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? / Town Where Death Awaits Albinos / 10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.