Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist (647 Views)

9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' / 5 Ministers In London For Investment Drive / 5 Ministers Who Have Been Silent Since Their Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist by shogat(m): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
I can still remember vividly, we all waited patiently for President Muhammadu Buhari to release his ministerial list. The waiting took more than 100 days; most of us consoled ourselves with the “change mantra”. We had hopes that the list is going to bless us with the best personalities. Some were furious and perturbed by the elongated delay but were simply tagged “opposition”.

Fast forward to the release of the ministerial list, a lot of people were disappointed. They believed most names that made it to the list are regular ones and doesn’t deserve the wait. Few Nigerians like me were optimistic about them and refused to be paranoid.

Since the present administration promised “change”, the ministers should have been scripted to play vital roles in the era.

After the ministers inauguration, some went into hibernation, others putting blame on the previous administration. No one is expecting them to perform magic but at least try their best.

You will agree with me that the country is not in the best shape for now and if critical decisions are not taken, the situation might become worse.

The dwindling economy has brought untold hardship to the masses. Some members of the President’s cabinet has shown laxity, ineptitude and incompetence and if care not taken, their presence might be detrimental.

Here are 5 Ministers that should resign to save the country

1. Minister of Sports (Solomon Dalung)

To be honest, Solomon Dalung has shown gross incompetence since assuming office as the Minister of Sports. His conduct during the “dream team saga” was embarrassing. The outing of the dream team to Brazil was awful because of the poor arrangement by the ministry. The minister has also infused confusion in the NFF and has not been able to put the glass house in order. He has claimed to be naïve in many situations: he stated recently that his is not aware of the appointment of the new super eagles coach. It’s obvious that it is time to let the “beret-wearinig minister” go.

2. Minister of Finance (Kemi Adeosun)

Nigeria’s economy under Kemi Adeosun has gone berserk. All she has engaged in is different trials that has resulted to errors. She has not been able to come up with a realistic economic policy that will turn the economic situation of the country around. She has proven she’s unfit, inexperienced to frontline the country’s Finance Ministry and should resign or be replaced with no further ado.

3. Minister of Petroleum Resources (President Muhammadu Buhari)

I am not in support of the President duetting as the President and also the minister of Petroleum. The importance of the ministry cannot be far-fetched and call for more attention. We have witnessed fuel scarcity, fuel price hike and there is still rumour about the forthcoming hike. The President should let go off the post and focus on other pressing issues. This will give room for more capable and competent hand eager to drive the oil sector forward.

4. Minister of Budget and National Planning (Senator Udoma Udo Udoma)

The former lawyer definitely know little about budgeting and planning. The manner at which the 2016 budget planning was handled is really not right. Padding of the budget and numerous errors were recorded. The Minister should give away for another person with more experience and ept to handle the ministry before the next budgeting process.

5. Minister of Power, Works and Housing (Babatunde Raji Fashola)

Babatunde Raji Fashola is one of the people we expected much from, but the former Governor of Lagos state has not been able to deliver. There is nothing wrong with him being a Minister, the issue is him heading 3 of the most vital sectors in Nigeria. He has little or no experience in the Ministry he is incharge. Epileptic power supply is still what is available. The Minister should be relieved of some duties and focus more on one at a time.

Source: http://www.mikegist.com/opinion-5-minister-resign-now/
Re: Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist by shogat(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2016
Kiddominant( m ), ebujany ( m ), arsenic33 (m ), patrickkkk , occachino,myahayawabi(m ), Reyginus (m ), sheffyUTD , sunbbo ( m ),Debaddest , stanleyaruegan ( m ), nadabo70 ( m ), topsam1 ( m ),smileyz16 ( m ), Ismcandy ( m ), JannahGem, Bom4Real , emyibe (m ),obyno5 (m ), shagaman , DonaldGenes (m ), AUTOCRATIC( m ),
georgeiyke009 , khafeelheart (f ), drlaykay( m ), yinkus204( m ),
abimiku1 , Angelo45 (m ), gungab(m ), Melgy , seedgreen (m ),
captaing59 , Damix007 (m ), Jdesilentkiller (m ), nwannemous( m ),
chronique (m ), meks007 ( m ), Swizdoe( m ), i

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist by Angelo45(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2016
Gone are the days when I use to know Nigerian ministers.. now I only know a few
Re: Opinion: 5 Ministers That Should Resign Now-mikegist by shogat(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2016
Angelo45:
Gone are the days when I use to know Nigerian ministers.. now I only know a few
simply because they are dormant

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flash News- Godsday Orubebe, Others Get N50 Million Bail (PHOTO) / ‎INEC Won’t Shift Edo Election –yakubu / What We Need Nigerian Youths To Be Doing (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.