Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) (33487 Views)

We Steal Ogun Prostitutes' Phones And Sell To Lagos Prostitutes - Suspects / SARS Operatives In Eket Cut The Hair Of Guys, Flog And Beat Passersby (Photo) / Boy Tied In Lagos After Stealing Phones And Cash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2016
An Amiloaded blog reader complained about some set of policemen always searching people indiscriminately.

According to the Amiloaded source who also shared pictures, these police officers staying at iyana era bus stop Ijanikin, Lagos State are indiscriminately searching the phones and pockets of passersby. It was reported that they do that almost every day.

Even Google hasn't been searched like this before.

Does the police force have any right to to stop and collect someone phone to search into his privacy?

See photos below...

Source : http://www.amiloaded.com/2016/09/see-photos-of-how-policemen-search.html

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by tellwisdom: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2016
You have every right to slap him if he dare ask to search your fone. 100% illegal

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by dahaz(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2016
This is absolutely wrong. No law gives the Nigerian police such powers to search innocent citizens without a warrant from a competent law court

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2016
Only in Nigeria.... what offence did I commit in my former life that made me reincarnate as a Nigerian? The only reason I am living a good and honest life is because I have hope that one day, in one of the cycles of life, I will come back in a better organized society

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Kingzulex: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2016
Lmao,Very useless set of people

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
I trust they will only search those walking with legs and those riding on okada. They dare not go near those in their G-wagon or Ferrari

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by herzern(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Security Consciousness....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by hazyfm1: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
agarawu23:
I trust they will only search those walking with legs and those riding on okada. They dare not go near those in their G-wagon or Ferrari

You have said it all, and there is nothing more to be said
grin grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jaymejate: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Give them N20, they'll leave you alone. Chikena

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by handysuzy(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mad people.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by yemonade: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
dem doim strt
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by ExAngel007(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
e dey look face naa... If the police sees u rough and red eyes, then u are a suspect.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by saasala(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
The Nigerian police have become more of malediction than the blessing it was meant to be. I will never forget how some police officers stopped me after I complimented one of them on his well ironed uniform while walking in front of their station. They demanded my phone and asked all manner of sstuupid question, said I was a Yahoo boy with no evidence whatsover, took me into their station and wasted my time. I had to churn out 10k just to leave their gutter-like station in Ikotun as I needed to meet a client urgently.

There are so much to write about that ill-fated day, but I will need to find time to create a thread to that effect and beg the mod to move it to frontpage.

The name of the officer that I compliment who later accused me of being a Yahoo boy is TUNDE JOHN in Ikotun police station, opposite First Bank.

I will forever hate the Nigerian police.

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
ok
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Delightbaby(f): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
What are they really searching for in someone's phone. Does any law permit that?
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Alezy(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
they just search to see if you are one of em Yahoo guys. If you are one, Ur phone has a 90% chance of giving you off.

na money dem dey find. The hustle is real
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
tobimillar:
Only in Nigeria.... what offence did I commit in my former life that made me reincarnate as a Nigerian? The only reason I am living a good and honest life is because I have hope that one day, in one of the cycles of life, I will come back in a better organized society

A crossbearer spotted grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Smilelo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
This type of thing for portharcourt na National Anthem. for SARs and Police .
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by recievesense: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
The thunder wey go fire that policeman go come in instalments

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by wiloy2k8(m): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
Its like that in Nigeria now . I mean every where
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by EniHolar(f): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
That's how they will mistakenly activate a bomb that someone keeps in the bag jejely grin

Anyway, they can find nothing on my phone. Thanks to Gallery Vault.

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by oludollar(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Once dey find a foreign no.dey tag u to b a yahoo. Boi..nd dey wld take u away til negotiate. Done almost everywhr in lagos,ib,osun
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
He is definitely working with kidnappers, av always said kidnapper and police have a partnership arrangement cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by rollUP(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
I was stopped yesterday togeda wit a guy (total stranger) after checking my phone and found nothing they held d other guy, what was his offense he was holding a laptop charger and they were asking him whr is his laptop. D guy called his father who is in d force according to him. The police told his father d boy's face looks suspicious dats y e was stopped.
So they let him go.
There is no week police doesn't stop me.

God knows if I hAve a gun I'll kill those police men. Fvcking bastards.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by exminister(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
such an act is only possible in this regime

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by pippimp(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
I honestly don't know why people are complaining. This is normal na. It would be abnormal if it did not happen. Nigerians think they can do whatever they want. e.g, dump refuse in the streets, burn/kill suspects, etc. So why wouldn't the police think they can do whatever they want?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by davalababa(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dats nonsense, searching my pocket for what?
Nigeria police shaa
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by ClitRaider: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
jaymejate:
Give them N20, they'll leave you alone. Chikena
Policemen see guys as a moving ATM.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by eleko1: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nah today undecided? Even car owners aren't left out.Nah so one search my car inside out @ Chevron roundabout 2 wks ago.I kuku dey follow am up/down make he nor drop something wey Dem go take style collect bribe. This is LAGOS embarassed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Hoodlums Clash Over Girlfriend, Vandalise 150 Vehicles / Housewife Stabs Husband To Death Over Telephone Call / Man Tortured Apprentice To Death Over Allegations Of Poor Sales (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.