Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Closed - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Closed (7024 Views)

Closed / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun / Aliexpress Your Order Has Been Closed. (experiences & Solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by Coolabbie: 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jasi7:

Should I be scared?...you are so annoying I swear to God...I am trying to wrap my head around the reason why you are trying to be bossy here,you dey mad?...listen homie,if upwork doesn't work for me there are other opportunities so stop acting like you are important in all of these...I detest unwise people in my life!
See how this one is foaming at the mouth.
Just went through your diary, filled with atrocious grammar usage and spellings.
And you wanna earn money as a writer?
Writing for marabouts and native doctors I guess.
Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa

1 Like

Re: Closed by Gudiza(m): 1:12am On Sep 14, 2016
databoy247:

Thanks for your advice, but this is the risk some of us are willing to take. While it lasts, we hope to earn some money (also by working hard) and improve our personal economic situation which the government has totally failed to do. And before you talk about legality, don't you think it is totally illegal for PayPal to keep collecting our money without allowing us receive payments??

Fraud or not, Nigerians are one of the largest internet spenders in Africa and legal binding guys like you and the Nigerian government can do absolutely nothing to force PayPal to do the needful. If we can accept payments with our PayPal accounts, do you think we will be looking to cut corners just to earn money we intend to work hard for?

Let's face facts. You may be good at what you do, but how many Americans will be willing to work with you especially for the first time as a Nigerian? Are you telling us it is that easy?? You may have the patience BUT others do not have the patience. If you make the money, fine. If you get banned, fine. Life goes on.

But spending 3 years with just $200 earned?? No way. There is a lot we need to accomplish in life than spend 10 years trying to earn $500. If you have no day job or side business (and have a family), you will feel the pain of others struggling with online freelancing.

Cheers.

Closer
=====

It's alright. I respect that.

First of, I say it has been dispelled time and time again (even on the last page), the 'myth' that you need a foreign ID to get work. Case closed. Freelance sites have a vested interest to see you succeed so they actually promote newbies. If a client doesn't want to hire you, guess what? It's a global market others will. #thinkglobalactlocal

Speaking about Paypal, we cursed the bad eggs amongst us who spoilt the market early for the rest of Nigerians when we got blacklisted. From then on we pretty much did whatever we could to meet ends. I get it. I'm no saint..far from it. We suffered together.....But that's the past.

We need to realise and appreciate what we have today. The level field has been open once again. The opportunities are out there to make legit incomes. No monopoly. PayPal didn't pay, Western Union wasted; Payoneer & Skrill came up. Some of us are taking time to build reputable identities and repair our dented image, building relationships in every niche of freelance platforms across the digital divide...and what do some of you do? You seem to care less, ready to mortgage our national cyberspace for the bread crumbs of today. Why? you say you don't have the patience to build, you have families to feed, just don't give a sh!t. To this I say, wasn't that the very same reasons given by the yahoo guys who spoilt the Nigerian paypal market in the first place? #itbeginswithyou

You spoke of facts. Well, the fact is the normal 'legit' system still works for plenty of us Nigerians who conduct our genuine businesses. We have learnt from our past mistakes and WE ARE READY to work together to secure our digital future.

Ok I went on a rant there, but, fine. You DO you, I'll DO me...the message in a nutshell is we must be careful to send out the RIGHT message. Let people know there's a way to PLAY IT CLEAN. Let's NOT BE SELFISH to justify the immoral outright, and finally, let us NOT BURN THE BRIDGE before others can get on. Think about that.

More $$$$ to you

Peace Profound.

3 Likes

Re: Closed by Jasi7(m): 3:23am On Sep 14, 2016
Coolabbie:
See how this one is foaming at the mouth.
Just went through your diary, filled with atrocious grammar usage and spellings.
And you wanna earn money as a writer?
Writing for marabouts and native doctors I guess.
Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa

You come here and run that biitch-azz mouth you use for blow jobs without getting to know what went down originally...you are as silly as you are mentally derailed.... you need to hold your peace because I have no business with scallywags like you. You are too irrelevant to cause me a bother.

2 Likes

Re: Closed by Jasi7(m): 3:40am On Sep 14, 2016
Gudiza:

Closer
=====from it. We suffered together.....But that

We need to realise and appreciate what we have today. The level field has been open once again. The opportunities are out there to make legit incomes. No monopoly. PayPal didn't pay, Western Union wasted; Payoneer & Skrill came up. Some of us are taking time to build reputable identities and repair our dented image, building relationships in every niche of freelance platforms across the digital divide...and what do some of you do? You seem to care less, ready to mortgage our national cyberspace for the bread crumbs of today. Why? you say you don't have the patience to build, you have families to feed, just don't give a sh!t. To this I say, wasn't that the very same reasons given by the yahoo guys who spoilt the Nigerian paypal market in the first place? #itbeginswithyou

You spoke of facts. Well, the fact is the normal 'legit' system still works for plenty of us Nigerians who conduct our genuine businesses. We have learnt from our past mistakes and WE ARE READY to work together to secure our digital future.

Ok I went on a rant there, but, fine. You DO you, I'll DO me...the message in a nutshell is we must be careful to send out the RIGHT message. Let people know there's a way to PLAY IT CLEAN. Let's NOT BE SELFISH to justify the immoral outright, and finally, let us NOT BURN THE BRIDGE before others can get on. Think about that.

More $$$$ to you

Peace Profound.

I felt bad after reading this. I lost my cool because stagger wouldn't talk to me nicely.I only opened that upwork account because I saw what databoy247 wrote about doing same citing CIA as an organization that uses aliases.

Before I could say Jack, stagger started being unruly,he wouldn't even tell me in a cool manner why I shouldn't go that way,from the way he speaks, he sounds like someone that could be my elder brother,he has experience in things like this so why can't he talk me nicely and I would listen,I'm not arrogant or ignorant,I take corrections without any hassles.

To Gudiza,Databoy247 and stagger and everyone that read through my typos, I want to say that I'm very sorry for my attitude and all I said.I wish I could take it all back.

I respect all of you and I am remorseful for what went down couple of hours ago. I feel terrible. I hope I get the forgiveness I ask for.

Once again....I'm Sorry!

3 Likes

Re: Closed by Coolabbie: 7:40am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Closed by Coolabbie: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2016
Jasi7:

I felt bad after reading this. I lost my cool because stagger wouldn't talk to me nicely.I only opened that upwork account because I saw what databoy247 wrote about doing same citing CIA as an organization that uses aliases.

Before I could say Jack, stagger started being unruly,he wouldn't even tell me in a cool manner why I shouldn't go that way,from the way he speaks, he sounds like someone that could be my elder brother,he has experience in things like this so why can't he talk me nicely and I would listen,I'm not arrogant or ignorant,I take corrections without any hassles.

To Gudiza,Databoy247 and stagger and everyone that read through my typos, I want to say that I'm very sorry for my attitude and all I said.I wish I could take it all back.

I respect all of you and I am remorseful for what went down couple of hours ago. I feel terrible. I hope I get the forgiveness I ask for.

Once again....I'm Sorry!
Just because you were ignored!

Glad it can end this way.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
stagger:

If Upwork ends up banning Nigerians from their site, I will be one of the first to travel to their headquarters to negotiate for your arrest and others like you as a bargain to getting that site open again. Mark my words. You do not know whom you are playing with. You think we are mates right?

Just watch out. Here you are committing an outright crime by using a false identity on that site and you are even bold enough to be making noise about it. What makes you different from terrorists who use false identities, false passports and falsified documents to enter countries to commit terrorist acts?

Better check yourself before you end up where you never ever dreamed of. I repeat, if Upwork ever bans Nigerians from their site as a result of your nefarious activities, I will be one of those who will personally make sure that you and others like you are fished out for identity theft and face the law.

Hahahaha..... this post got me laughing. The guy us hustling naaa... Jasi7 try to keep a good profile, Nigerians are allowed on the platform unlike Fiverr that is very bias.
Re: Closed by Jasi7(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Datazone:

Hahahaha..... this post got me laughing. The guy us hustling naaa... Jasi7 try to keep a good profile, Nigerians are allowed on the platform unlike Fiverr that is very bias.

No worry Datazone...I will, I just didn't know I would draw bad speech from people because of what I did though. I intend to abandon the account once am done with the project am working on already and open another one as a nigerian. Once I withdraw my funds after the client orders release of it, I will drop it.
Re: Closed by adetolanex: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
Am aa newbie to upwork. Please guide me on how to get the SSN
databoy247:

Thanks for your advice, but this is the risk some of us are willing to take. While it lasts, we hope to earn some money (also by working hard) and improve our personal economic situation which the government has totally failed to do. And before you talk about legality, don't you think it is totally illegal for PayPal to keep collecting our money without allowing us receive payments??

Fraud or not, Nigerians are one of the largest internet spenders in Africa and legal binding guys like you and the Nigerian government can do absolutely nothing to force PayPal to do the needful. If we can accept payments with our PayPal accounts, do you think we will be looking to cut corners just to earn money we intend to work hard for?

Let's face facts. You may be good at what you do, but how many Americans will be willing to work with you especially for the first time as a Nigerian? Are you telling us it is that easy?? You may have the patience BUT others do not have the patience. If you make the money, fine. If you get banned, fine. Life goes on.

But spending 3 years with just $200 earned?? No way. There is a lot we need to accomplish in life than spend 10 years trying to earn $500. If you have no day job or side business (and have a family), you will feel the pain of others struggling with online freelancing.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Money Laundering: CBN To Sack Non-complaint Bank’s Board, Staff / FG Appoints Transaction Advisers For $6.2 Bilion Eurobond Issuance / Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.