Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Closed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Closed (6995 Views)

Closed / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun / Aliexpress Your Order Has Been Closed. (experiences & Solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed by databoy247(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nice.. Following
Re: Closed by jmoore(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Na only 8 dollars I don make for that site. angry

2 Likes

Re: Closed by Fedric(m): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
jmoore:
Na only 8 dollars I don make for that site. angry
am about to joing freelancing business. follow with intent interest
Re: Closed by hawwal84: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Following
Re: Closed by ponti93(m): 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
i dey upwork o, and i can only say that getting jobs there has not been easy
Re: Closed by kaze4blues(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
I got a deal from an indian man last year. I finished his work but he ran away wit my money.

suggestions on how I can prevent dis frm happenin again?
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
databoy247:
I am starting this thread for freelancers using the upwork platform. Now there is ecenomic crunch, we all need to look outward and try earning income in dollars.

I have been using upwork since 2013 and can say that i have not made more than $200 not untill somtime this year when decided to try other methods which have been working.

Currently, i make over $1000 monthly. I'll do my best to share some new tactics and how to break through. Please do not ask me to show my profile or how i work. I like the uniqueness.

I love upwork because it is flexible, dont care about your ip, and have a great customer service.

You can bid for jobs between $5 up to $10,000 (for a single job). This thread is not for me alone, if you are using the platform, please come and share your experiences.

Lets help each other and make some dollars cool

My first strategy will be posted soonest.
. please can you give detailed explanation on how to register and create a profile on upwork they are asking for so many things I don't have thank u
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks guys for your response so far. Will come back with answers and suggestions. Been busy.
Re: Closed by demo4ril97(m): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
I intend offering digital marketing services, but after submitting my account for approval it wasn't successful. I also had to switch to writting and editing my account just to focus on writing only and submitted thrice but was still rejected, what could have hindered my approval?
Re: Closed by OCTAVO: 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Following
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 4:53am On Sep 07, 2016
demo4ril97:
I intend offering digital marketing services, but after submitting my account for approval it wasn't successful. I also had to switch to writting and editing my account just to focus on writing only and submitted thrice but was still rejected, what could have hindered my approval?

This is quite strange. Maybe you are violating their terms in your registration process. In your profile, did you include your email address or any form of contact details?

Try creating a fresh account with a new email address.
Re: Closed by demo4ril97(m): 5:48am On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:

This is quite strange. Maybe you are violating their terms in your registration process. In your profile, did you include your email address or any form of contact details?

I didn't include any means of contact o
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 6:56am On Sep 07, 2016
kaze4blues:
I got a deal from an indian man last year. I finished his work but he ran away wit my money.

suggestions on how I can prevent dis frm happenin again?

This happens most times. though Upwork tries to sort such issues, but sometimes there is nothing they can do to help. What I can advice you to do to guard against this happening is;

1. Always submit proposals to clients who have verified their payment and have spent over $500 for freelancers. Anyone that has spent below $100 is not guaranteed.

2. Second, stay the hell away from Indians grin

2 Likes

Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2016

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed by zeke100(m): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:

When last do you open an upwork account? To open an upwork account for writing is now hard since they change their policies.

I guess they are rationing freelancers on their platform.

1 Like

Re: Closed by einsteine(m): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:

You can no longer open an Upwork account as a Nigerian. Except you are offering programming and mobile development services. If it is writing or digital marketing, your profile won't be approved.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:

This happens most times. though Upwork tries to sort such issues, but sometimes there is nothing they can do to help. What I can advice you to do to guard against this happening is;

1. Always submit proposals to clients who have verified their payment and have spent over $500 for freelancers. Anyone that has spent below $100 is not guaranteed.

2. Second, stay the hell away from Indians grin
Hi, how do you deal with the social security number, I saw a part which read "all American freelancers will be required to fill a W9 form before making withdrawal".
Thanks.

And to those saying, an account cannot be created if you are a Nigerian, I created an account last week, at first they didn't approve it, my profile was showing 70%, but after taking test, making it 100%, it was approved.

databoy247 I tried a U.S account after seeing your post and I have already gotten a job after sending three proposals.
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Closed by einsteine(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Were you offering a writing service?

MULLAH123:

Hi, how do you deal with the social security number, I saw a part which read "all American freelancers will be required to fill a W9 form before making withdrawal".
Thanks.

And to those saying, an account cannot be created if you are a Nigerian, I created an account last week, at first they didn't approve it, my profile was showing 70%, but after taking test, making it 100%, it was approved.

databoy247 I tried a U.S account after seeing your post and I have already gotten a job after sending three proposals.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
einsteine:
Were you offering a writing service?

Yes. Writing.
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
MULLAH123:

Thanks. Though am not on WhatsApp at the moment. I have sent you a pm.

Responded
Re: Closed by Fingerprinter(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:

Responded
Please, how does the payment platform of upwork work? I did a job for a client I met on fiverr, but the job was done for him as an individual. Now he has hired me to do the same job again for his company. I've delivered the job but the problem now is the payment platform to use. The company can't pay me through paypal for obvious reasons. But he is suggesting that if I have an account with upwork, that the company can pay me through upwork. I have an account I created on upwork around 2013 that I've not really used. So I want to know how the payment platform of upwork works before I accept that option from them or look for another alternative. Thanks bro, please respond. I also intend to revive the account, maybe then I would ask more questions.
Re: Closed by stagger: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmmm. Please never work for Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Arabs. They are total scum.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Cjsmack(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
stagger:
Hmmm. Please never work for Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Arabs. They are total scum.

Like seriously.
Re: Closed by ExplicitContent: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
stagger:

Baba in the building I picture u in 3D

Op nice one walahi.. I have one upwork account that have been useless for two years now. E sure say i for dun forget the password sef.
But following ur info here I am heading to get a new account and try things out once again.
Fiverr has been a breakthrough let's see what upwork can put on the table.

@stagger looking forward to your contribution boss. Other silent Upwork freelancers on here come out ur shelf and contribute too.
Bless
Re: Closed by stagger: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
Cjsmack:

Like seriously.

Yes. like seriously. Real scumbags.
Re: Closed by 222Martins(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
databoy247:
After suffering myself for 3 years with earning of exactly $168 (you can imagine). I had to think hard and realized that life isnt fair and really does not punish you if you improvise and find alternatives to a problem as long as you don't break the law.
So what I did was to create an alias. A new personality. CIA does it all the time so why can't I? grin
I created an American personality (a lady) with all the necessary information details (DOB, address, SSN, mother's maiden name, etc).
You can get one here and improve on it http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
I got a good reality photo, then went ahead to create a new account in Upwork. If you are doing this, ensure that in your profile, do not talk much stories. Just let them know the skills you have, how many years experience, and your qualifications (they must match your profile and skills). And in case you do not know, no one cares about your real life qualifications. Just fill in anything that matches your profile. As for me, I indicated that I am an MBA student in a UK university. You can write you have PhD, etc..your choice. grin The more qualifications you say you have, the more they see you as someone who can do the job even if you do not have hours to your credit in Upwork.
For your working experience section, just pick any random company (may not even exist on the internet) and give yourself a position that rhymes with your profile. Don't worry, Upwork do not verify anything. grin
If you are scard of IP issue, then just download and use Epic browser. It has a US IP (follow come). But like I said earlier, they dont care which IP you use.
Finally, go ahead and do some tests relating to your skills. And make sure you pass them well. If you fail do them again.
After doing all these, I completed the registration of my new account and in less than 3 days , I got 4 interview invitations. Now I even dey reject some invitations. cheesy tongue
What exactly are you trying to promote?? What's the difference between you and those guys that create fake ids to perpetrate dating scams?? Well, what do i know sef
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Closed by bestspoke: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
222Martins:
What exactly are you trying to promote?? What's the difference between you and those guys that create fake ids to perpetrate dating scams?? Well, what do i know sef

I guess you don't know much in the freelancing world that is why you are quick to judge the op..And It is ridiculous that you have to compare Upwork workers with miscreants in dating sites.

Upwork earnings have to come from your sweat through whatever service you offer be it web desiging , graphics ,writing or whatever ,we all know what the dirty things scammers do on dating sites so they are totally different case.

And gain If the databoy247 has advised you change your profile and location totally , it is not for scamming purpose but to gain the needed trust to get jobs as a new user, what matters here is quality of your work.
I have had similar experience with the op on fiverr, I had to brush up my profile and that same week I worked on a job worth $200.
Would you rather have us rob banks/steal or scam instead , in this harsh economy....Use your brain!!!

5 Likes

Re: Closed by gocare: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
222Martins:

Let me help you explain what he means , the difference is that he WORKS to get paid, he actually has to WORK before they pay him,

But on dating scam they have to THIEF their money to get paid.

Please if you still don't understand the difference between him and scammers i would gladly school you.

PS: he has a job, its not yahoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Drops To 127th Place On The Global Competitive Index / Quality Plain T-shirt @3,300 Only / Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.