Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" (20190 Views)

Yoruba Distrust For Hausa Fulani ‘ll Destroy APC – Ameh Ebute, Ex-senate Pres. / Probe Buhari, Suspend Nigeria ! - Tom Marino, U.S, Congressman write Obama / Tom Marino Writes Kerry, Accuses Buhari Of Autocratic Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by jeremyliness: 6:03am On Sep 07, 2016
Ex-senate president asks FG to lodge formal complaint against US congressman

One time Senate President, Ameh Ebute, has advised the federal government to explore ways of telling the United States, US, Congressman, Tom Marino, who recently accused President Muhammadu B‎uhari of “excesses,” to limit himself to what he is knowledgeable and not dabble into Nigerian politics.
Marino, had in a letter to the US secretary of state, John Kerry, accused Buhari of continually shunning inclusivity in favour of surrounding himself with advisors and ministers from the north. He added that the President is running an autocratic government, and asked his country to withhold its security assistance to Nigeria.

But in a letter to the minister of foreign affairs, Ebute urged the Nigerian government to lay a formal complaint against Marino, arguing that the assistance of the US in the fight against insurgency is not entirely for the benefit of Nigeria but for the American nation itself.

“A Nigeria free of terrorism will contribute to a more secured world and the Americans would actually be helping themselves by offering this assistance since that country is the one in the crosshair of terrorists,” he said in the letter, dated September 6.

Ebute continued that from all indications, Marino knows nothing about Nigeria, pointing out that the US congressman’s letter was driven by the belief that his country remains an imperial lord over Nigeria and other nations.

“I therefore crave your indulgence to use your office to send a strong message to Congressman Tom Marino, the US Congress and the United States government that the era of imperialism is over and discussions about mutual cooperation should not be exploited to pass ignorant judgment on Nigeria or any other nation for that matter.

“What is saddening is the realisation that within Nigeria there is a section of the population that erroneously thinks Marino has done them the favour of providing ammunition to continue their unyielding attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.

“This however cannot be further from the truth as the letter is an attack on Nigeria as a country, which in Marino’s view is nothing but an outpost of the US,” the ex-Senate President wrote.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/07/ex-senate-president-condemns-us-congressmans-letter-buhari-asks-fg-lodge-formal-complaint/

[img]http://i1.wp.com/thenigerialawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/tom-marino-2014-0019.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=550%2C300[/img]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by adeyak83(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2016
The game is getting to a point. United we stand divided we fall, Nigeria shall be great again.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Fedayeen02: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2016
This senate President that nobody knows should just keep quiet

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Fedayeen02: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2016
adeyak83:
The game is getting to a point. United we stand divided we fall, Nigeria shall be great again.
who is united with you undecided

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by orisa37: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2016
Tom, please prove your point. Ebute has made some good accusations. Why are you such an idiot when you know Obama wants to scatter Nigeria to please Biafra?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by shyling(f): 6:28am On Sep 07, 2016
adeyak83:
Nigeria will never be great again. I am not united with you. I am not patriotic. Unless the country is restructured and power devolved to the LG's. Fiscal federalism. Until then Nigeria is doomed. Ain't gonna join you in any protest elections or anything because the country is doomed!

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by bonechamberlain(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2016
The man is seeking attention. If the govt is wise they wouldn't follow this dangerous advice to lodge a complaint as it would worsen their situation. Amen ebuteh should have written a letter when the apc where jumping up and down from one imperialist to another just to win elections. Which independent country does that.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by kettle84(m): 6:32am On Sep 07, 2016
adeyak83:
united in your dreams abi?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by hybridtm(m): 6:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Abeg, make una help me tell dis old mugu make him just shut up
He join wetin make Nigeria useless so.. The greatest crime a man can do to himself.. Is to lie to himself.. ..Nigeria Is not one

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by adeyak83(m): 6:36am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
. . . . we, the sane ones are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Aufbauh(m): 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
shyling:

Nigeria will never be great again. I am not united with you. I am not patriotic. Unless the country is restructured and power devolved to the LG's. Fiscal federalism. Until then Nigeria is doomed. Ain't gonna join you in any protest elections or anything because the country is doomed!

Boy what you wish Nigeria shall be your lots.
It seems you've never seen anything good about yourself and life has not been fair to you but Nigeria is not the cause of your predicament.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Fedayeen02: 6:42am On Sep 07, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . we, the sane ones are.
zombies

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
zombies
. . you will wail till eternity

7 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Aufbauh(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
All these unpatriotic disposition by some disgruntled elements especially those who have not seen anything in life before is pathetic,pitiful and shameful.

Wishing that what you have should burn or where you are is the most pathetic place to be is a negative mentality and retrogressive way of life that can only turn you to be a victim and not a victor.

3 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by duduade: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2016
That what....

Please go make yourself reliable

1 Like

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Fedayeen02: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2016
modelmike7:
. . you will wail till eternity
zombie

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by rozayx5(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:

askam oh

oil unity

the US senator summarised buhari n his letter

the average akwa ibomite has nothing n common with fulani herdsmen we gain nothng staying in this british experiment

look at qatar. look at kuwait look at brunei we cud have towed their path.. but here we are getting sapped

wonder how we got here sef undecided

thunder fire lugard

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
zombie
you will. wail till eternity

2 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Mumu you would just shoot urself in the foot.
Has anything the senator said proven to be false?
When the American state denied our distinguished senators visas and they threatened the American state, what came out of it?
You'll should know that ranking American officials are not as loose tongued as our government officials, they don't engage in glib talk like we do. Just keep quiet, retrace ur steps and move on.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Progressive01(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
What is saddening is that within Nigeria, there is a section of the population that erroneously think Marino has done them the favour of providing ammunition to continue their unyielding attacks on president Mohammadu Buhari's government.
Day after day, the idiocy of these people is being exposed. We are taking notes. Time will tell.

5 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by President99: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2016
United we stand, Biafrans should face reality.
Texas has been denied withdrawal from USA and Catalans have been battling to secede from Spain yet no avail. Moreover Biafra is a landlocked country, which can barely accomodate the Igbos. What happen to millions of Igbos doing business in the interior villages of north and south west due to lack of economic viability in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Progressive01(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:
All these unpatriotic disposition by some disgruntled elements especially those who have not seen anything in life before is pathetic,pitiful and shameful.

Wishing that what you have should burn or where you are is the most pathetic place to be is a negative mentality and retrogressive way of life that can only turn you to be a victim and not a victor.
All they wish Nigeria would be the fate of them and their household alone- amen.

3 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

Boy what you wish Nigeria shall be your lots.
It seems you've never seen anything good about yourself and life has not been fair to you but Nigeria is not the cause of your predicament.
Just negodu. That person told you the bitter truth!... I am not also going to be ever patriotic unless Nigeria is restructured! As it is now Nigeria is doomed unless restructured. Stop fooling yourself bra. What's so wonderful in Nigeria? Healthcare system zero...roads...zero...mortgage industry..zero....government..clueless....universities...obsolete...you can't even die in peace in Nigeria.... Youths...visionless...internet connection...frustrating....power supply....zero......water supply...zero....dollar skyrocketing...... Salaries not paid.....bank loan rates....suicidal.... Hope not seen.... Chibok gals...unrescued.... President. ...illiterate....former president....weak...LG's...zero....airport..terrible.... Unemployment....rising.....Nigeria is one big prison.... For the condemned....who can't reason to move out! Security...terrible!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Truth4eva: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
Don't mind that guy. Is unity a forceful thing? Crude oil is what keeps nigerians as one. Remove it and see the acrimony that we have for one another.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Aufbauh(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2016
SmartChoices:

Just negodu. That person told you the bitter truth!... I am not also going to be ever patriotic unless Nigeria is restructured! As it is now Nigeria is doomed unless restructured.

Interestingly life is a function of choice engender by perception. You become what you believe.
If you see the country of your residence or origin to be doomed,in essence you're saying your future and destiny is doomed.If i were you I'll relocate and nationalize elsewhere.

I don't blame you,just educating your ilk of the consequences of our thoughts and confession. However i was brought to appreciate what i have and where irrespective of all odds.

As of the conditions for your loyalty to your nation is non of my business,though i am very sure your songs was not like this during the reign of your ineffectual hero.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by evilapc: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2016
adeyak83:
Always remember, biafrans can never, I repeat, biafrans can never be united with you one Nigerianist. ..please never forget this again

Even the writer senator acknowledged that biafrans are not united with you diabolical one nigerians, but I'm surprised he didn't go further to campaign for expulsion of biafrans from devilish one nigeria zoo

5 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

Interestingly life is a function of choice engender by perception. You become what you believe.
If you see the country of your residence or origin to be doomed,in essence you're saying your future and destiny is doomed.If i were you I'll relocate and nationalize elsewhere.

I don't blame you,just educating your ilk of the consequences of our thoughts and confession. However i was brought to appreciate what i have and where irrespective of all odds.

As of the conditions for your loyalty to your nation is non of my business,though i am very sure your songs was not like this during the reign of your ineffectual hero.
Both GEJ and PMB are horrors in leadership .... Am never going to be patriotic unless Nigeria is restructured. As it is... Nigeria is a jungle where everything goes.... So lets continue playing the game. Patriotism is not in my dictionary.... Mind you am not from the south east... But West.

4 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2016
adeyak83:
Falling is not a problem as long as we rise better than before! Nigeria must even fall....to rise better.... Except a seed falls into the ground and dies it doesn't bring forth fruits.....so falling is not bad.... Nigeria must fall!

4 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by Aufbauh(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2016
SmartChoices:

Both GEJ and PMB are horrors in leadership .... Am never going to be patriotic unless Nigeria is restructured. As it is... Nigeria is a jungle where everything goes.... So lets continue playing the game. Patriotism is not in my dictionary.... Mind you am not from the south east... But West.

Please don't bring in sectionalism. Whether you're from north west is non of my business.

3 Likes

Re: Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" by ATERI(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2016
A slave can`t afford to protest against his/her master`s ill-treatment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari's Meeting With Security Chiefs In Pictures / Osita Chidoka Accused Of Not Having Pictures To Back Up Projects He Authorised / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.