Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (40844 Views)

How I Celebrated New Year With N19800 In Kano State. Photos (mrphysics) / NYSC: Why I Should Serve In Niger State? / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by CSTR2: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ahmed4002(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by blackdream: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
NYSC - Njoku Youth Service Corp

Greetings from Snog X

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by twentysixteen(f): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
I never knew kano was PEACEFUL until I saw for myself, yes I mean peaceful, and civilised too. I am in kano as I type this, to spend another few weeks, I love kano state, hospitable people. I thought I would see BH flying everywhere but no that's not kano. I am not a northerner but I think everyone should come ve a feel of the ancient town, I love kano state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ugmama(m): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

I am sorry but aren't few exceptions and I will like to quickly contribute so that intending Kano PCM will not preempt too much and when they eventually find themselves here, disappointment won't be their lot and as a result sending words to you.

» 70% of corpers cannot find themselves in town as Kano has 44 LGAs while only 8 (Nasarawa, Kano Municipal, Ungogo, Dala, Fagae, Tarauni, and two others I can't remember now) constitue the major towns and the rest 36 are villages.

» It is widely known here that Kano have been battling with little/no power supply for quite a while now and the villages are not exempted.

» My village LGA (Bunkure) here, our LGI has made it mandatory since the last two months to bring along our you-report while failure to do so is no clearance and this I confirmed from surrounding village LGAs like , Kibiya, Rano, Tudun-Wada and co. to be the same.

Every other thing I concur, ranging from security, low cost of living, provision of lodges, no cds at villages, etc.

Also, Kano has poor water supply system, flies plenty and sun yakataa....i have been to sabongeri, karaye, and few towns and more villages
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
twentysixteen:
I never knew kano was PEACEFUL until I saw for myself, yes I mean peaceful, and civilised too. I am in kano as I type this, to spend another few weeks, I love kano state, hospitable people. I thought I would see BH flying everywhere but no that's not kano. I am not a northerner but I think everyone should come ve a feel of the ancient town, I love kano state.

That's the thinking of Majority people of the south. Until they visit and clear their eyes.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by zorroeta(f): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
90% of people's perception that Kano is volatile is not true, coz I grew up from a northern Christian family in kano.

I can boldly say it, I knew about 15 corpers that ar currently engaging in quite lucrative jobs here in Kano after their Nysc. One Ifeanyi is ofcourse working with the state Science and Technicals schools board as a civil servant since 2008 and has acquired land and living peacefully with his neighbours _majority ar muslims_, of which am very sure is difficult for a non indigine from north to work in the state civil service of states like abia, delta, imo and so.

The only serious problem u may encounter apart from means of communication is NEVER to joke wit their way of life, most importantly, don't abuse or derogate their prophet or Islam, coz if u try it ehn, believe me, u will not live 2 see 2morow. And for d male corpers enh, refrain from any rlntship or trying to toast deir daughters. Then u ar good to go!

I could remember when we were posted to abia -umunna bende, those market women were shouting BOKO HARAM at us despite about 3 of us Christians frm North. - This does not happen in kano.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Noneroone(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op you should be thamking God 'cos you were lucky. Only a simple line seperates extreme peace and extreme violence in the north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Adek15(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:
Numbed Four: Opportunities:

Truth be told, if you can adapt to Kano way of living I. e living in a Muslim community, if you can also stay away from home, the Kano can be a home far away from home. in my last post , someone asked me to compare Kahuna with Kano, the I haven't been to Kaduna , I just passed it. But I took time for the purpose of this post to go down to Kaduna and make a good finding, and I can tell you that Kano beats Kaduna hands-down.

Kano Is a big city home to most companies including dangote , there are diverse product in Kano than in other part of the country, there are companies, schools, hospitals, institutions in Kano. take a walk round Kano, submit your CVs and you will surely be called.

Apart from that, the business life in Kano is another advantage, they are about 3 million persons in Kano and as such a large market. if you have business mindset, am sure you will make money here in Kano. I have Corp members who import things from east and west and sell it in Kano. Also, you can learn many things, sewing, decorations etc in Kano almost free of charge. I don't know How else to talk about this, when you come, I think it will be so obvious.

Think about this, you can move things from Kano down to east or west, you can do many things. Just think of what you want. think of life after NYSC, just meditate on all these things. Kano is a fertile ground for you. yes you
your earlier thread made me afraid even as a Muslim coupled with the negative things making the headlines recently but with this I'm beginning to like Kano and won't mind staying there

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Teaser4(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
i've been thinkn abt d northern state am goun pick, with everytn i ve read here so far,i wil include kano, @op and every1 that av contribute so far gracias. #teamOAU. kano all way. igbo fifu too fear north, omo yoruba lemi o, ko si ewu loko afi giri aparo. use google translator

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by ehissi(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
My brother, this what they call "Personal" testimony of salvation and deliverance and salvation is personal.

I happen to know a lady who refers to a memory on her facebook post, once a every year of her wonderful stay in Kano while she was serving over 5 years ago (Even though she barely escaped a mob that was looking for her head to cut towards the latter part of her service year), she was just lucky not to be at home, else na "Forever in our Hearts" for be her guyname.

Does she want to go back??

Never!! Not even if you make her governor of Kano state...............she will rather run back to the UK and chill dia till she freezes over than donate her neck for one "Allahu akbar" screaming scyophant, who thinks he is peaceful (even though he walkiing around with a human head he just cut off).

My own younger sister too na yobe dem post her, at first my family be dey form nothing dey happen; until Camp commandant during orientation call everybody issue instruction; what was the instruction??

"2 Boko Haram members were spotted surveying our camp, we cannot say what dey want, so we expect everybody to sleep fully kitted in NYSC khaki day tonight, so that in the event of a fire-fight or cross fire, we can easily distinguish between boko haram from corpers."

That Night!! shocked

We do Vigil with that babe on top phone Ooh: till her battery quench, nobody slept in yobe camp (everybody dey do prayer, crying, wailing, all manner. Even the one whey do like say e dey sleep, according to my sister na "sleeping open eye".)for my family too, nobody fit sleep Nationwide (as my sister na the only gal whey remain for family).

The next morning, Camp Director come dey give peace talk - like Yobe is one of the safest states in the country, the south even has more corper kidnappings/mortality than the North, its just a small issue and security operatives will tackle the issue - the camp director dissolved camp that day (being the next morning) and asked them to report back after 2 weeks to collect posting letter (Thunder fire that kine posting letter angry ).

From their we redeploy the young lady down to the "secular" south and the rest they say is history. Today, she is alive and well..............

So if U had a wonderful Kano, its normal but you are so special and unique from others who escaped by the skin of their teeth, especially those whey nor no "ghaine" for hausa...........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ugosample(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Amah70:
Serve in Kano of Islamic sharia criminal codes? Islamic sharia criminal codes include death punishment for blasphemy, stoning women to death for adultery, cutting off fingers of petty thieves, etc.

Who wants to serve in the sharia states?

Who from the South of Nigeria can now take off to settle in the sharia states in the north?

Look o. By adopting sharia criminal codes, the sharia states don't even know that they have sentenced themselves and their area to backwardness. For now, the sharia states survive by crude oil revenues which the sharia areas get undue large quantities due to the undue large number of states and local government areas created by northern military dictators in the area.

But sharing oil revenues as done these years cannot last much longer.

For your information, Many southern people, especially Igbos live across the north in their millions.
I have got tens of kinsmen who live in Kano/Kebbi/Kaduna

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by hUmaneOne: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP @ mrphysics you stayed for 1year in Kano township and you're already concluding?.

And to think of it, people are already falling for it. There is more to Kano state to kwankwasiyaa and dangote.

Even if you mind your business, don't toast their babes, don't insult their religion, they will still find a way to deal with you the moment they know you're a Christian ,they are majorly illiterates.

If you have a choice,stay back in the South because you can never comfortably raise a Christian family down in kano.in the event of a small disturbance,they will find you the infidel and use as collateral damage

I've been here for 2yrs now

Oluwalosheleyi:
EVERY SOUTHERNER IS ENDANGERED IN THE NORTH BELIEVE ME OR TRY IT OUT.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
twentysixteen:
I lived in the north and their i know their violent attacks start like film trick.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Teaser4:
i've been thinkn abt d northern state am goun pick, with everytn i ve read here so far,i wil include kano, @op and every1 that av contribute so far gracias. #teamOAU. kano all way. igbo fifu too fear north, omo yoruba lemi o, ko si ewu loko afi giri aparo. use google translator
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Teaser4:
EVERY SOUTHERNER IS ENDANGERED IN THE NORTH BELIEVE ME OR TRY IT OUT.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Eliteklaus(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
den one day riot will come and 2000 corp members will just die, sorry let me manage my little South south
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ugosample(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
zorroeta:
90% of people's perception that Kano is volatile is not true, coz I grew up from a northern Christian family in kano.

I can boldly say it, I knew about 15 corpers that ar currently engaging in quite lucrative jobs here in Kano after their Nysc. One Ifeanyi is ofcourse working with the state Science and Technicals schools board as a civil servant since 2008 and has acquired land and living peacefully with his neighbours _majority ar muslims_, of which am very sure is difficult for a non indigine from north to work in the state civil service of states like abia, delta, imo and so.

The only serious problem u may encounter apart from means of communication is NEVER to joke wit their way of life, most importantly, don't abuse or derogate their prophet or Islam, coz if u try it ehn, believe me, u will not live 2 see 2morow. And for d male corpers enh, refrain from any rlntship or trying to toast deir daughters. Then u ar good to go!

I could remember when we were posted to abia -umunna bende, those market women were shouting BOKO HARAM at us despite about 3 of us Christians frm North. - This does not happen in kano.

What do you mean by "way of life" and communication problem?
Second, I know some of my cousins who married Hausa peeps there, so I'm just thinking how they did it without "toasting" the girls.

Please expand on these.
Thank you
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mightyleks(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kano
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by ardeypearlz(f): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Teaser4:
i've been thinkn abt d northern state am goun pick, with everytn i ve read here so far,i wil include kano, @op and every1 that av contributed so far gracias. #teamOAU. kano all way. igbo fifu too fear north, omo yoruba lemi o, ko si ewu loko afi giri aparo. use google translator
dude, you just spoke my mind!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ugosample(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
hUmaneOne:
OP @ mrphysics you stayed for 1year in Kano township and you're already concluding?.

And to think of it, people are already falling for it. There is more to Kano state to kwankwasiyaa and dangote.

Even if you mind your business, don't toast their babes, don't insult their religion, they will still find a way to deal with you the moment they know you're a Christian ,they are majorly illiterates.

If you have a choice,stay back in the South because you can never comfortably raise a Christian family down in kano.in the event of a small disturbance,they will find you the infidel and use as collateral damage

Thank you

That is the key issue with the north.
ILLITERACY And lack of exposure (inferiority complex too)
if we tackle this, then the north will be better.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by GoodSide: 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
guy man dey find cheap accommodation.
Doyin400l:
@Op, hope you not under any threat over there? You sounded strange going by your recent post.
Well, ride on bro. we solidly in your front.
My question is; How is Kano state cost of living for Corpers in this time of recession.
2. How much is accommodation over there I.e A room, Self-contained, a 3 bed-room flat.
3. How easy it is to probably start a family over there in terms of living standard.
Thanks.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by alfarouq(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Thank you
After everything you complained about, you have spent 2 years and still counting. What do you take people for

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by afolwalex20(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
how are d girls in kano?? straffable?? tongue
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Forzap: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chai...Dem don threaten dis guy...hausa/fulani ppl on NL I hail una grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by nuradeen011(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
nice one op.. so proud of my state and you frgt to add kano people always like new visitors coz we believe that without people always flooding to our state we will never achieve the feet of being the centre of commerce
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by donborg(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
publicenemy:
Not safe anywhere Muslims are majority.
Winston churchill former british PM said it too. though a single muslim is the best person u can always trust.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by yedidiah(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP, that's just one-sided of the story. I know what I went through serving in Kano. It is not all Rosy my guy.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by horexy(f): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hmmn...I'm a Batch A'16 corp member serving in Ungogo LGA of Kano. Tho Ungogo is considered a town in Kano, I was posted to d 'village' area of it. My T-fare to Sabongari is #100. I want to give my own experience so far as regards ur reasons for serving in Kano.

1. Security.
There's no special or extraordinary security in Kano...infact u av to be at alert at all times. Most of the natives of where I stay don't respect corpers at all...they ar rude.e.g there's a football pitch behind my lodge (corpers' lodge). They play ball to d extent of playing it into our lodge, most tyms staining our clothes hung on d cloth line, hitting us unexpectedly and they come asking for d ball without remorse or apology. There was an ocassion when our LI was involved because a 'fight' broke out betw d 'footballers' and corpers. Even after warnings, they stil play d ball so high that it enters our lodge...(our lodge has a high fence). Others stare ridiculously at one...they wil stare when u ar coming, when u reach them, they stil continue staring and when u pass them, they turn and stare further....
U av to be careful how u move around....there was a particular evening around 7:30pm when my roomie and I were coming from one mini-mart. We were gisting excitedly as we walked bk to our lodge when my roomie suddenly tapped me...when I raised my head up, in d opposite direction approaching us were guys furiously smoking and frowning (about 12 of them) with sharp cutlasses (the blades were shining in d dark)...only God knows who they went to attack dt night. Na so me and my roomie took another route and ran all d way home.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by farouk0403(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ugosample:

That is the key issue with the north. ILLITERACY And lack of exposure (inferiority complex too) if we tackle this, then the north will be better.

inferiority complex to whom?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
sylviaeo:
leave dat guy make him dey yarn rubbish. security kor security ni. dat was d main reason I relocated to ekiti. n things r not cheap there as people think. things r so fvcking expensive down there.

My sister, I disagree.

There are no security threats in Kano and for the first time in 2 years, the Seriki N Kano (Emir of Kano) celebrated the salah fun fair whereby he will ride on horse along the major streets of Kano with his entourage.

Also, things are considerably cheap considering other states.

Perhaps your prior impression about Kano and fear of North informed your relocation.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by AnibabaQuadri(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

I am sorry but aren't few exceptions and I will like to quickly contribute so that intending Kano PCM will not preempt too much and when they eventually find themselves here, disappointment won't be their lot and as a result sending words to you.

» 70% of corpers cannot find themselves in town as Kano has 44 LGAs while only 8 (Nasarawa, Kano Municipal, Ungogo, Dala, Fagae, Tarauni, and two others I can't remember now) constitue the major towns and the rest 36 are villages.

» It is widely known here that Kano have been battling with little/no power supply for quite a while now and the villages are not exempted.

» My village LGA (Bunkure) here, our LGI has made it mandatory since the last two months to bring along our you-report while failure to do so is no clearance and this I confirmed from surrounding village LGAs like , Kibiya, Rano, Tudun-Wada and co. to be the same.

Every other thing I concur, ranging from security, low cost of living, provision of lodges, no cds at villages, etc.
I see my oga, how bunkure now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story / Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.