Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (40904 Views)

How I Celebrated New Year With N19800 In Kano State. Photos (mrphysics) / NYSC: Why I Should Serve In Niger State? / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by beautiful232(f): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
story
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2016

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ali13(m): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
well said, i rep bacth A 2015
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Thobiy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
In this boko haram era
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Ali13(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
well said, i rep bacth A 2015 and i enjoy my service year at kano.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Kenechi1: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Why would someone want to serve in Kano? Them Kano people will behead you if you are a Christian.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Amah70: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
Serve in Kano of Islamic sharia criminal codes? Islamic sharia criminal codes include death punishment for blasphemy, stoning women to death for adultery, cutting off fingers of petty thieves, etc.

Who wants to serve in the sharia states?

Who from the South of Nigeria can now take off to settle in the sharia states in the north?

Look o. By adopting sharia criminal codes, the sharia states don't even know that they have sentenced themselves and their area to backwardness. For now, the sharia states survive by crude oil revenues which the sharia areas get undue large quantities due to the undue large number of states and local government areas created by northern military dictators in the area.

But sharing oil revenues as done these years cannot last much longer.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by letsbet(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Continue...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by adekennis(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:

Nothing, that makes it even easy for you to hustle. If posted to the village, Your PPA will be given you food monthly, but if posted to the town, Some PPA will pay without providing u with accommodation, while others will do the opposite.

Why didn't you reply finger printer to dispute what he said..Anticipating ur reply
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by misscall247: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:
Two, PPA: As a corper, the most important thing is not your state of deployment rather your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). when we got posted, one of my classmate who was posted to Abuja Was feeling too high. I felt intimidated but before going for service, I knew that state of deployment isn't the Ultimate rather, ones PPA. After Camp, he was posted to a secondary school outside the city of Abuja and he started wailing.

Here in Kano, there is 70% percent possibility of being posted to the town. Most Corp members are posted to the Town and here in the town many opportunities abound.

My friends posted to the village here in Kano enjoy more than us in town. They have constant light, good lodge I. e 1/room, their PPA give them food every Month. remember only few persons go to the village. Also there in the village, No CDS, no U-report, no disturbance from anyone.

Majority posted to the village are most lucky as they can get things doing. most private companies in the town employ Corps members and pay them very well ,if you get lucky, kedco I. e Kano distribution company or dangote company employ your service, then you are of all men most blessed. most PPA here in the town employ you and give you the opportunity of doing other things to earn money. and trust me, as a graduate, if you are wise you will see things u can do and if you are business inclined, believe me, Kano is a fertile ground only be focused.

Also you can't compare cost of living in Kano to most other places, it's far cheaper. Don't mind people talking about rice been costly, here in Kano it's far cheaper, example, as at today, a bag of Thailand rice goes for 22000 in Lagos same bag of rice is 18000 in Kano. I will talk about cost of living separately. The fact that you have high chance of getting a good PPA and been posted to the town is something worth considering. I have seen HND holders use NYSC here in Kano to run their PGD program for the period of one year. Their PPA gives them time and encourages them to do it. when we came we were told at our PPA to go and get PGD ,MSc form at BUK.

You can Maximize your stay in Kano than anywhere else. Therefore, give Kano a chance. It's worth taking.
D best place to serve is Oke Ero b4 Landmark university in kwara state

Light no dey go off here

#I rep kwara#
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
as an Abuja Corp member back then, our camp was flooded with 'humans', I was part of those shifted to kano. I swear!!!kano is the 'neatest' camp in 'Nigeria '. FORGET bomb blast, it could happen even in the safest place.

the only thing for kano be say e hard to fyiok their Barneys. them go amputate your blockos.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by letsbet(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
as an Abuja Corp member back then, our camp was flooded with 'humans', I was part of those shifted to kano. I swear!!!kano is the 'neatest' camp in 'Nigeria '. FORGET bomb blast, it could happen even in the safest place.

the only thing for kano be say e hard to fyiok their Barneys. them go amputate your blockos.

grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Teespice(f): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chriswazo:

So you have finally confirmed my question, good to know, but i want to get your candid reply, if you were given opportunity to choose between Kadunna and Kano for Nysc bearing in mind that you will like to base there even after your service, which will you choose?

if given the opportunity a second time, I will serve in kano over and over again.

no regrets serving here mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by sylviaeo(f): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
guy, e b like say dem put gun for ya head then force u to write dis balderdash. for ya info, there is no security there n they r religion extremist s. d main reason y I relocated to ekiti. at least I can sleep with ma two eyez closed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Philinho(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
wait until you start seeing people running
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by akosy(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:
Numbed Four: Opportunities:
Truth be told, if you can adapt to Kano way of living I. e living in a Muslim community, if you can also stay away from home, the Kano can be a home far away from home. in my last post , someone asked me to compare Kahuna with Kano, the I haven't been to Kaduna , I just passed it. But I took time for the purpose of this post to go down to Kaduna and make a good finding, and I can tell you that Kano beats Kaduna hands-down.
Kano Is a big city home to most companies including dangote , there are diverse product in Kano than in other part of the country, there are companies, schools, hospitals, institutions in Kano. take a walk round Kano, submit your CVs and you will surely be called.
Apart from that, the business life in Kano is another advantage, they are about 3 million persons in Kano and as such a large market. if you have business mindset, am sure you will make money here in Kano. I have Corp members who import things from east and west and sell it in Kano. Also, you can learn many things, sewing, decorations etc in Kano almost free of charge. I don't know How else to talk about this, when you come, I think it will be so obvious.
Think about this, you can move things from Kano down to east or west, you can do many things. Just think of what you want. think of life after NYSC, just meditate on all these things. Kano is a fertile ground for you. yes you
u are right but I don't pray u see d oda side . talking frm experience
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by sylviaeo(f): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
amodu:

I am sorry but aren't few exceptions and I will like to quickly contribute so that intending Kano PCM will not preempt too much and when they eventually find themselves here, disappointment won't be their lot and as a result sending words to you.

» 70% of corpers cannot find themselves in town as Kano has 44 LGAs while only 8 (Nasarawa, Kano Municipal, Ungogo, Dala, Fagae, Tarauni, and two others I can't remember now) constitue the major towns and the rest 36 are villages.

» It is widely known here that Kano have been battling with little/no power supply for quite a while now and the villages are not exempted.

» My village LGA (Bunkure) here, our LGI has made it mandatory since the last two months to bring along our you-report while failure to do so is no clearance and this I confirmed from surrounding village LGAs like , Kibiya, Rano, Tudun-Wada and co. to be the same.

Every other thing I concur, ranging from security, low cost of living, provision of lodges, no cds at villages, etc.
leave dat guy make him dey yarn rubbish. security kor security ni. dat was d main reason I relocated to ekiti. n things r not cheap there as people think. things r so fvcking expensive down there.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by shuggah(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:

Truth be told, if you can adapt to Kano way of living I. e living in a Muslim community, if you can also stay away from home, the Kano can be a home far away from home. in my last post , someone asked me to compare Kahuna with Kano, the I haven't been to Kaduna , I just passed it. But I took time for the purpose of this post to go down to Kaduna and make a good finding, and I can tell you that Kano beats Kaduna hands-down.

Kano Is a big city home to most companies including dangote , there are diverse product in Kano than in other part of the country, there are companies, schools, hospitals, institutions in Kano. take a walk round Kano, submit your CVs and you will surely be called.

Apart from that, the business life in Kano is another advantage, they are about 3 million persons in Kano and as such a large market. if you have business mindset, am sure you will make money here in Kano. I have Corp members who import things from east and west and sell it in Kano. Also, you can learn many things, sewing, decorations etc in Kano almost free of charge. I don't know How else to talk about this, when you come, I think it will be so obvious.

Think about this, you can move things from Kano down to east or west, you can do many things. Just think of what you want. think of life after NYSC, just meditate on all these things. Kano is a fertile ground for you. yes you
u said 3million people?? that's contrary to what Inec told us, except there Are no children in kano
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by MrHenshaw: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:
statistics have shown that more corpers die in south south than North west of recent. one thing that pushes prospective corps members from choosing Kano state as their choice of state is insecurity and unless they are told they wouldn't believe that Kano is more secure than other states unlike what is widely thought. Serving in Kano state has been a blessing and I have seen reasons why YOU should choose Kano state.

I Will spend time talking about Kano state and give some detailed reason why Kano should be your first choice of state during NYSC.

let's get started

one: Security when the call up letter showed and I was posted to Kano, The fear of security gave me some sleepless night. as the only son, my physical well being is not only important but paramount to my decision making, but I can boldly tell you that as a Corp member in Kano, you are more secured than anyone. since we came, we haven't heard of any Corp member dying because of security, not even beating or attacked. those serving in villages are given tight security and their affairs given top priority. The natives of Kano have been warned to obey Corpers. they respect you, love you, honour you and render help to you as long as you let them know you are a corper. unlike what is heard in other states of Corpers dying, beating or kidnapped.

Also, due to the sensitivity of security here in Kano, your movement is restricted only by yourself making you more secured as no one will ever think of breaking into your house to harm you.

Kano indigenes are very religious and as such most of them can't harm you. ladies are angels in Kano. everything favours them, they can't be raped nor harassed provided they respect themselves by dressing decently. you see, security is not a reason why you shouldn't choose Kano state. Everywhere in Kano is well secured, you can see the presence of security in most places even at your work places. l challenge you to call any serving corper in Kano and you will never here that her security is bleached. As a corper you are more secure than anyone else living in Kano. Always go with your I. D card.

How much were you paid?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by babyfaceafrica: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lots of loopholes..but kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Majority of Southerners are Can Fish when it comes to Kano or North. They only think what they portray. Thank You mrphysics continue updating.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by otitokoroleti: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
DUMB THREAD!!! THE DAY THAT THOSE ALMAJIRI WILL SHOW YOU THEIR TRUE COLOUR WILL BE LIKE FILM IN YOUR EYE

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by shuggah(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
I wanted to argue some of ur points but I prefer people going there to experience, but just knw that Op was opportuned to serve in the capital and he didn't tell us abt d plight of other corpers in d villages, there are places in Kano state without good source of water and no electricity, and secondly there is no security there except u re a Muslim and an extremist too, u can't complain abt buharis govt in Kano or blame anything on this govt and get prepared to shut ur mouth when u see injustice being meted out to women.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by LabiaMajoraDest(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Anywhere where the bloodthirsty mujahedic cum jihadic Moslems are a majority in a population is unsafe for human existence... To be fore warned is to be fore armed!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by freeage7(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
stories, Kano na north and north na violent prone areas. wether it be town or village. op, which year you serve self?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by MEGAdime(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
@OP the truth is you dont even know kano. All i can say is pray hard If u are planning to stay in kano.

The day those almajiri go display for ur presence ehn, u go remember this post.
FYI I lived in kano years back.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by AleeDee(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Taraba is no exception to wat Mr OP has said. I finishes servin since July '15, nd got employed in 1 of their higher institution thr that same July nd I'm still thr. All u nid is open ur ears to opportunities, make a move nd pray. Security is OK, respect for corpers is available nd d chapness of food items, most especially in dis rainy season, is unbeatable.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by strangest(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ungogo camp still dey? I be Kano corper but still dey I BC side...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by strangest(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ungogo camp still dey? I be Kano corper but still dey inside...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by alolatee(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:

Thanks op.It is enliightening

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.