Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (40909 Views)

How I Celebrated New Year With N19800 In Kano State. Photos (mrphysics) / NYSC: Why I Should Serve In Niger State? / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Anyone doubting Kano state should follow this Link to see pics

https://www.nairaland.com/3348783/beautiful-city-kano#49354157

If you remove Abuja and Lagos, then no match for kano as @mrphysics stated in previous post. If kano state will stop developing, to wait for other state. It will take Kaduna state 8 years if not more to match Kano. I e only if kano has stopped developing to wait 4 Kaduna.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Zainey338: 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
BlueMagic2:
I served in Kano, lived in Sabo-Gari, worked in an Estate Firm in town. I was also thinking like the OP. Thinking Kano was all cool, until the religious crisis broke out. My words of advice and caution

1. Be very careful and mindful of your surroundings, they might seem all nice, which for the most part they are, but when sht hits the fan, your next door Islamic neighbor will be the one to cut off your head in a heartbeat.

2. Never get too comfortable. Always be vigilant.

3. Fridays is a NO NO. Fridays are taken seriously as prayer days to be observed by everyone. And I mean everyone.

4. Try to be always around Southerners.

5. Dress the part and learn the language.

6. Always have get-out cash at hand in case sht hits the fan.

For the most part Kano is a great place to live. Cost of living is cheap, there is security and its really a nice place if you can get past the flies, dust and all. But NEVER BE CAUGHT SLIPPING!!!!!. Enjoy your stay

lolzzzz how can one be living with all these protocols in Kano?? grin grin
Kaduna all the way cheesy cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Doyin400l(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lagos all the way oo. Kano (North) with Killings is like bread and beans.
Abeg help me with that Jacob Zuma pics.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nyntynplus: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
I HV BEEN RELOCATED TO KANO, PLZ ANY BDY WHO CAN HLP ME ABT POSTING THHINGS I'LL BE HAPPY OR RECOMEND A PLACE FOR ME SO THAT I CAN PROCESS.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Doyin400l(m): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nyntynplus:
I HV BEEN RELOCATED TO KANO, PLZ ANY BDY WHO CAN HLP ME ABT POSTING THHINGS I'LL BE HAPPY OR RECOMEND A PLACE FOR ME SO THAT I CAN PROCESS.
Sorry, did u meant you just relocated to Kano State as a corp member or looking for a greener pasture?

Kindly expantiate.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Nyntynplus: 12:49am On Sep 30, 2016
Yap
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by faithnte(m): 6:03am On Jan 10, 2017
I concur to some of your points, contained in your writing on security.

I am serving in Dala although both the state and local government are not paying, I am still exploring options on where to get a second ppa that will not affect my first ppa.

Generally, the level of rejection by major copanies like d kedco is alarming.

Accomodation is a major challange in town, specifically Dala, where i am staying now while writing, is a wide open hall and the cold is life threathing.

I just pray NYSC do something to regulate and know the expected number of corp members a particular ppa can contain, instead of fusing us in a hall like fishes.

Again, since the state and the LGA and neigther the ppa in my own case GSS DALA are not paying not even the transport fare as contsined in our callup letter, it means the scheme is encouraging high level of unpatrotic corp members. I mean, our attention to the goal of (SERVICE AND HUMILITY)will be diverted to looking for the least amount to ensure our well being.

We will pay transport to our respective CDS, pay for our food and upkeep, at least enroll for one SAED programme, all in this N19,800?Its just unexpected hence, wount work well.

Please, I plead for governments attention on this scheme, if our aim will be achieved else its tantamount to another avenue to wastage of the resources of our dear country NIGERIA.

I love NIGERIA, Iove KANO, and I love DALA and its adoring beings. I PROMISE TO BE A PATROTIC CORP MEMBER .

FAITH NTE
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2017
faithnte:
I concur to some of your points, contained in your writing on security.

I am serving in Dala although both the state and local government are not paying, I am still exploring options on where to get a second ppa that will not affect my first ppa.

Generally, the level of rejection by major copanies like d kedco is alarming.

Accomodation is a major challange in town, specifically Dala, where i am staying now while writing, is a wide open hall and the cold is life threathing.

I just pray NYSC do something to regulate and know the expected number of corp members a particular ppa can contain, instead of fusing us in a hall like fishes.

Again, since the state and the LGA and neigther the ppa in my own case GSS DALA are not paying not even the transport fare as contsined in our callup letter, it means the scheme is encouraging high level of unpatrotic corp members. I mean, our attention to the goal of (SERVICE AND HUMILITY)will be diverted to looking for the least amount to ensure our well being.

We will pay transport to our respective CDS, pay for our food and upkeep, at least enroll for one SAED programme, all in this N19,800?Its just unexpected hence, wount work well.

Please, I plead for governments attention on this scheme, if our aim will be achieved else its tantamount to another avenue to wastage of the resources of our dear country NIGERIA.

I love NIGERIA, Iove KANO, and I love DALA and its adoring beings. I PROMISE TO BE A PATROTIC CORP MEMBER .

FAITH NTE

You're not compel to enrol for any SAED programme.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by faithnte(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
amodu:

You're not compel to enrol for any SAED programme.

Are we not suppose to develop ourselves in the same vein serve the country?

It means they are not sincere about the SAED programme since its not a sustainanle programme.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
faithnte:

Are we not suppose to develop ourselves in the same vein serve the country?

It means they are not sincere about the SAED programme since its not a sustainanle programme.

You're free to do that but it is optional
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by FunnyDude(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
sylviaeo:
leave dat guy make him dey yarn rubbish. security kor security ni. dat was d main reason I relocated to ekiti. n things r not cheap there as people think. things r so fvcking expensive down there.

I'm in Kano presently, things are expensive as lagos.. No difference joor.. Pure water is #10, and bread is se amount.. I buy suya #200 see as he small.. I dey go back my Lagos jejely.

Here no social life at all. Boredom go kill you. Even the southern girls here are sex starved due to the nature of the state.. I be muslim but I can't live in Kano at all.. Lagos is the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What are the effects of missing NYSC Clearance For A Month? / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.