Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash (20626 Views)

Police Beat Taiye Elebiyo Edeni, NAN Reporter At Dry Port Inauguration In Kaduna / Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga / Angry Nigerians Blast Bayo Onanuga Over Insensitive Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by PreciousBro: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Sometimes it is very important to know when to tame the tongue,seal the lips and keep shut!..

Wisdom lies therein.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by bishop1988(m): 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Who send him?He would have just kept quiet since he has nothing good to say.And the writer said we should educate him,the question is on what?Is he a baby?somebody's grandpa,He should be ashamed of himself.If he's really sure if what he is saying let him go to some states like osun,Ekiti,kwara,ebonyi....by the time he comes back from this states he should be on his hospital bed relaxing.I don't pray that for him anyway,but next time if he can't be realistic analyst let him shut up.Peace

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Amanwulu1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Keneking:
Ok, extremely useless explanation
u knw d dude is disappointed wit d failure of d tribal war he aimed at starting when he said ppl frm a sectn of d country, as na his own ppl bashed him most. Again d intended political war when he talked election losers campaigning still failed as hunger has united d masses. I spit on d hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by ehissi(m): 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
Einl:
He said we should eat Nigerian rice. His daughter should also school in Nigeria...

Yes ooooh cheesy

That way she too can join us and eat ofada rice...........olodo editor without newspaper.......... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Balkan(m): 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
This man did not realise that when his daughter told him the plane was full, he did not understand that people are running away from Nigeria everday.

This man does not have brain like his boss

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by wanakak: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2016
Abeg ooh make una temper justice with mercy ooh, the guy guy just dey find chop money, but come to think of his trash and damage control antics, is he well at all. Maybe I should find some herbal drugs to quench his malaria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by jacksonite: 2:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Agbalanze:
The explanation is even worst than the original post... undecided
You can say that again. He even added the insult that Nigerians are wailers. Are you sure this man is not the PA to Femi Adesina ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Reference(m): 3:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Silly man, dump foreign goods indeed and to think his daughter on her way to a foreign land using a foreign airline was his blackjack. Na you God go forgive. Instead of learning from the pitfalls of your predecessors, accomplished parrots who ate the kings porridge and have turned to revolting vultures. Them plenty well well. You have signed your professional death warrant and you will be sentenced to public infamy henceforth. So sharapp and may God have mercy on your soul.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 08, 2016
Shameless butt-lickers like you are the reason the dumb nomad is a grand fiasco!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by nwamehn: 5:21am On Sep 08, 2016
AntiWailer:

Your moniker reflects it all.

U will not consider reasoning. You are still pained by the election loss.

Even GEJ is already coming for FEC meetings.

Move on.

Nnaa, I'm far high above engaging u in an e-battle. Maybe before u quote someone next time or try to engage the person in an e-battle, u try to do a little check on the person to know the type of person he actually is. My brother, I can't be struggling so hard to put food on my table and I will still have mouth to defend Nigerian politicians both past and present when they aren't performing. With the level of bad leaders Nigeria has been producing since 1960 up till now and the level of suffering they have been inflicting on the masses they are elected to lead, it's only a fool that would continuously support and defend any of them both past and present without being paid to do so. If u want to commend ur president for a good work he just did, very understandable, but continuously defending him when the economy is in shambles is the height of it. So, pls, carry ur e-battle and swerve, abeg, I no dey ur level.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Fourwinds: 5:53am On Sep 08, 2016
d man must have smoked dried Cow sh!t meennhh

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by bigbigger8(m): 6:12am On Sep 08, 2016
Keneking:

Can. u swear on ur future that u are hungry?
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 08, 2016
In saying so, I remember a photograph of kwashiorkored kids published recently by one of our respected newspapers to illustrate ‘the hardship’ in the land. Of course, the photograph does not reflect any true reality about Nigeria, it was lifted from a foreign publication.

This man has not seen pictures from IDP camps
News Agency of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Yet another flunkie of Bourdillon talking out of his ar$e.
Ignorant ba$tard
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by DrP2000(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2016
steeltu:
#changebeginswithme

Lie lie

#CHANGE BEGINS WITH APC

Let APC Change first before asking others to change
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by afolayangs(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Seems his wife and other members of his household don warn am.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by disloman(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Keneking:
SHAME.This is why people don't grow in life.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Fenzyflames: 6:53am On Sep 08, 2016
Amanwulu1:
u knw d dude is disappointed wit d failure of d tribal war he aimed at starting when he said ppl frm a sectn of d country, as na his own ppl bashed him most. Again d intended political war when he talked election losers campaigning still failed as hunger has united d masses. I spit on d hypocrite.
lol "hunger has united d masses" true word, that's what i like about Nigerians sometimes.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Teespice(f): 7:13am On Sep 08, 2016
this rejoinder or attempt at damage control is unnecessary.

both statements do not relate at all. a nice rebuttal would have sufficed if he really wanted to defend himself.

Nigerians are no longer smiling though.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by chuckdelis: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2016
what nonsense is he saying? after he did d whole soup catfish analysis he's saying hypothesis.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by OYIBN: 7:27am On Sep 08, 2016
JonSnow:
He's yoruba, what do you expect?

What has his being Yoruba got to do with it? This is someone who found.himself in the corridors of power and is.chopping. l think he used to be a journalist who was used to poverty. Suddenly his poverty status is upgraded and you expect him to be "sane". You should ignore his stupid and insensitive pronouncement.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by monex(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Reyginus:
On a serious note, you'd be Big Fool if you are not been paid for these.

Now I think he is paid.

We saw this with the GEJ supporters then and We are seeing same with some of the APC supporters.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by JonSnow(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Elbowroom:

am very sure you reside in yoruba land, Nd still you abuse & show your bigotry towards dem

Human beings don't behave in such way.. I guess you know what you're

Typical afonja, you believe everyone resides in your brown-roof republic. Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not even in your zoo with you. Im in a sane society where everything works. Its now left to your enencephalic brain to try and decipher where exactly I am. zombie grin
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by monex(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Elbowroom:

am very sure you reside in yoruba land, Nd still you abuse & show your bigotry towards dem

Human beings don't behave in such way.. I guess you know what you're

dont mind him. He is always like that.
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by jerryfisher(m): 7:55am On Sep 08, 2016
Keneking:
supported!!
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by jerryfisher(m): 7:56am On Sep 08, 2016
bamosagie:
A failed attempt at damage control
u ar right!!!
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by jerryfisher(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2016
eph12:
Normally he was supposed to expect that kind of reaction. In that his article his opinion was very clear. He should have taken his time to address all these things he is addressing now. When I read the part of him buying food for 700 I was just laughing at his stupidity. Not everyone can afford to spend 700 a day on only feeding. Not to talk of just a meal.
dat man is A VERY BIG.

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by forray(m): 8:11am On Sep 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Spoken like a true man.

Truth is, people hear what they want to hear, and read what they want to read without even seeing the sense or bigger picture of the statement.

Wailers will continue to wail.

Why do we like deceiving ourselves all in the name of partisan politics?

You call this speaking like a tru man, what I see here is speaking like a hypocrite which he is.

Nigerians shld dump foreign stuff which I have no qualms with. So tell me what services is rendered abroad that is daughter is travelling to that can not be getting in Nigeria and at a cheaper rate?

People like u with ur blind followership are the reason this country keep been the way it is and u guys are going to be the major reason this current administration will fail. I wonder how much was your conscience worth.....smh
Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Pureheart45(f): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2016
I read his first post and I fully understand what he meant. Too late to retract it. Truth is, everybody's pocket is different. If he ate or bought soup @ a restaurant for N700 and thinks that's cheap, it's obvious he's used to dining in more expensive restaurants. The average Nigerian can't afford to do that in this present economic situation. Pockets different. He's talking about Americans who dumped their SUVs when gas price was high?? These Americans, with or without hike in price have always taken the subways or cabs or buses. Cos it makes more sense to them. Nigeria is different. Can he dump his SUV for bus? So we have subways?

It's obvious this man can only write from his own experience and not practically. Every seasoned journalist should have the ability to profer solutions that are practical. And also write articles that are unbiased.

For instance, the man without a car, talk less of an SUV who earns less than minimum wage, whose forte is to "manage manage ", what would you advise him to do in economic situations like this? Buying ofada rice is out of it, cos we all know it's way more expensive than the imported Thai rice.

I'm just saying, we need practical solutions. And in the case of buying Naija to grow the naira, for every imported goods we are told not to buy, we need a locally made and affordable alternative or rival brand.

Nigeria as a country has a long way to go. The common man can only do as much as he is empowered to.

A govt that's pulling down small businesses isn't helping matters. Whether we like it or not, industries needs to be built. Things need to be put in place, policies conducive for the economy before any real change can happen. The common man has tried. And if there is no enabling environment for growth, there can not be any growth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Omeokachie: 8:50am On Sep 08, 2016
Why didnt your daughter fly on Arik or Medview to London, since you claim to be advocating buying nigerian products?

The inmates are surely running the assylum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash by Elbowroom: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2016
JonSnow:

Typical afonja, you believe everyone resides in your brown-roof republic. Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not even in your zoo with you. Im in a sane society where everything works. Its now left to your enencephalic brain to try and decipher where exactly I am. zombie grin

if you like reside inside your mama womb, it still doesn't change the fact that na goat de shit for person toilet & no flush am.

I guess you know you're the goat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office / El-rufai, Shettima, Badaru & Simon Lalong In Benue, On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Obasanjo Letter: Tinubu 2013 Vs 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.