Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,254 members, 7,842,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays (794 Views)

FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid Al-fitr / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud / FG Declares Monday And Tuesday Public Holidays For Eid-el-Kabir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by DONSMITH123(m): 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The Federal Government has declared Monday and Tuesday respectively as public holidays to mark the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

Making the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, the Minister of Interior, Lt Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), enjoined all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to support, co-operate and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari “in his sustained efforts to diversify the economy and progressively accelerate the pace of economic recovery.”

A statement on Wednesday in Abuja by the acting Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido, said Dambazau noted that the government was aware of the present economic challenges confronting the nation, following the downturn in oil prices.

The minister, according to the statement, assured that appropriate steps were being taken to address them, especially through revitalising the agricultural sector, the ‘Youth Empowerment Scheme’ in Information and Communication Technology, the ‘Change Begins with Me’, a value re-orientation programme and other social intervention programmes, as well as through massive capital release, all aimed at stimulating the economy towards the path of recovery and growth.

It said, “The minister expresses optimism that the present economic difficulties will soon be over and therefore urges all to continue to support the government towards building a new formidable Nigeria where peace, unity, security and sustainable development are guaranteed. He wishes all Nigerians, a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/sallah-fg-declares-monday-tuesday-public-holidays/

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by ojun50(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Frm Friday till Tuesday na holiday, APC like holiday
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by Airforce1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
I love these

I go follow my Muslim brothers and sisters chop sallah ram.
grin
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by Mynd44: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by DONSMITH123(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
ojun50:
Frm Friday till Tuesday na holiday, APC like holiday

you sef. You don turn Holiday too to politics mata.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by DONSMITH123(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin grin grin
Airforce1:
I love these

I go follow my Muslim brothers and sisters chop sallah ram.
grin
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by Davash222(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
OK, noted
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by salabscholar01(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
ok
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by Disneylady(f): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
Oh Thank God!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by LabiaMajoraDest(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
All these children of bond women with their demonic celebrations..... undecided
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by SweetLove0(f): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
ok
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays by babyfaceafrica: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Let the celebration begin!!!

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Correct Nigerian To Lecture Me Right Now On Why / Ondo Apc Primary Election: Rep Member, Olemija Cries Out Over Attempt On Life / EFCC Makes Decision On Patience Jonathan’s $15 Million…..see The New Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.