Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters (36130 Views)

4 Women From Kebbi Children Home Given Out In Marriage By Governor Bagudu (Photo / President Buhari Invites 10-Year-Old Aysha Aliyu Gebi To Come See Him In Abuja / President Buhari Invites PDP Member To Help Revive The Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has invited to the presidential villa on Friday morning the editors of all Nigerian newspapers, reportedly for a security briefing.

In an unusual development, the invitations, which were signed by presidential spokesman Femi Adesina, were sent to the editors of all newspaper titles, magazines and periodicals, as well as their managing directors and editors-in-chief. In the past, presidential aides invited to such meetings only the editors of the daily newspapers.

Our correspondent was told that the presidency will cover the travel, accommodation and feeding expenses of the invitees.

Despite security being given as the reason for the unprecedented meeting, it is widely-known that the Presidency is deeply troubled about the negative reports about the government in the past few weeks on account of the economic hardship in the country.

A source told SaharaReporters that the guests are expected to receive “a package,” which is expected to be financial, after the meeting. Already, some of the journalists, especially in those organizations that are owing salaries, are said to be excited about such a prospect.

“As long as the journalists understand that any gift they accept is a bribe, it is not a problem”, a columnist for one of the newspapers said on Wednesday. “And hopefully, the government understands that the concept of “media” is now a slippery one, as anyone with a phone or a computer is now a reporter and an opinion leader. Only the right policies, dutifully implemented, can sway public opinion.”

www.saharareporters.com/2016/09/07/buhari-host-nigerian-newspaper-editors-friday

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Ikem11(m): 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
i smell arrest

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by agwom(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
cry
Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chai, so even Saint Buhari knows how to share Ghana Must Go. My fellow Nigerians, it is Finished.

339 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by ojdollars(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ikem11:
i smell arrest

Hahahahaha, men you're funny

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Ekakamba: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
You said it all. It's a regime of 'arrestee' 'arrestor' grin grin
Ikem11:
i smell arrest

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by investnotspend: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
Read my LIPS PMB would not give bribes , this you can take to the bank.

Like if you think PMB will not give bribes , share if you think PMB would give bribes.

103 Likes 654 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by kenny987(f): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
Such a wasteful govt despite all their sanctimonious claims to d contrary. I wonder why this particular demon in aso rock cannot handle criticism and truth. He must always seek to control and dictate information released to d public so he can get undeserved support and adulation.

That is how he brought about the infamous Decree 4; tried again at d national assembly and now it is to expend public funds on such malevolent intentions to hoodwink the people via the press.

Let the idiots that stand with this dog keep drowning in their wicked n contrived ignorance.

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by NextGovernor(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
So bribing is not corruption?

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by mastermaestro(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Time to appease the disgruntled press men. Lai must have told him the need to quickly romance the press at this crucial moment of economic quagmire. grin Buhari desperately seeking media asylum. grin Too early, the press is just warming up. grin

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by andyboi4real(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mr.President, I Knw That Many People Will Post Rubbish, But I Want To Make Just One Request;
"As U Dae Share Ur Happy Sallah Gift's In Advance,Abeg Make My Share Reach Me"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by mastermaestro(m): 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Their messiah has resorted to giving bribes since there is no Decree 4 this time around to hide his incompetence and shield him from media battery. grin

Still praying though.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by rozayx5(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
someone is trying to use the media to paint a fake pix of the polity

grin cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by leofab(f): 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
The should be ready for the consequences

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by leofab(f): 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Sheer stupidityt

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Pidggin(f): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hahaha Buhari rice and kola loading, smh

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by SpeedOfLight: 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Waoooo he wants to gag the press? It's finished. To your tent O' Zoological Republic. Maybe he don't know we have Twitter handle very sharp one.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by oyinkinola: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
www.saharareporters.com/2016/09/07/buhari-host-nigerian-newspaper-editors-friday
...op, what you taken Nigerian for?...dump as yourself? or...
#ChangeIsYetBeginWithYou? you deserve punishment!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by thesicilian: 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
He's calling them for press briefing. And when you invite guests to your home, it is customary to pay their bills and feed them. Buhari may be clueless about the economy, but he is disciplined and doesn't offer or receive bribes.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by basilo101: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mr Integrity my foot

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by LesbianBoy(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
How did we get here? cry cry cry cry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by LesbianBoy(m): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
SpeedOfLight:
Waoooo he wants to gag the press? It's finished. To your tent O' Zoological Republic. Maybe he don't know we have Twitter handle very sharp one.

Have you forgotten one of the things buhari tried to do immediately he assumed office was to pass the anti-social media bill but saraki rejected it! Thank God for saraki

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by todayboy: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
In this recession the clown wants to bribe editors bloggers have taken over if buhari like let him bribe all the journalist it will not stop his worse image online.

Why not brief Nigerians why editors

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by DeKen: 1:02am On Sep 08, 2016
You better take this envelop and say as we tell you to, else you will be sorry.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by SpeedOfLight: 2:10am On Sep 08, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Have you forgotten one of the things buhari tried to do immediately he assumed office was to pass the anti-social media bill but saraki rejected it! Thank God for saraki
If he had succeeded with that bill by now even Sarki would have ended up in his stomach.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by amInigerian: 2:24am On Sep 08, 2016
But some of us have said he is actually corrupt. I think this will massively backfire.
What transpired will leak out from more than one or two leak holes.
This might be a self-destructive move from the presidency

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Larryfest(m): 3:50am On Sep 08, 2016
If you can't beat them you join them nobody holy pass.....All naija politicians are the same believing one is a saint is stupid.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by ivandragon: 6:51am On Sep 08, 2016
the interesting thing is that the media has actually been quite kind & fair in its reportage of news about this regime.

but I think the regime is gradually running out of propaganda to feed them about the quadrillions stolen by the past regime & therein lays the problem...

the media has realised that Nigerians thrive on salacious news & since the news about the past government has become stale, they are baying for fresh blood...

& this leads me to think that some political appointees are about to be thrown to the dogs...

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 08, 2016
He won't offer them bribes but he will offer gifts grin ..#nonesense
investnotspend:
Read my LIPS PMB would not give bribes , this you can take to the bank.

Like if you think PMB will not give bribes , share if you think PMB would give bribes.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Paperwhite(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Yet PMB still play the so called anti-corruption czar? This government must be smoking cow dung.Zombies what do you guys call this now? I need answers pls. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by Trut(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2016
Propaganda government grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Invites Newspaper Editors. "A Package" To Be Given Out - Sahara Reporters by LesbianBoy(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Lalasticlala why you nor wan carry this thread go frontpage? Carry am go frontpage so buhari's "nyansh" will be exposed!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves For Addis Ababa For AU Meeting (Photos) / PDP Presidential Primary: Dele Momodu Did Not Get Any Vote / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.