Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,787 members, 7,824,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Mental Slavery In Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mental Slavery In Christianity (3692 Views)

How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / Is Commiting Suicide A Sin? In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hopefulLandlord: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
adjoviomole:

His death on the cross have saved countless of life and still counting. I am benefiting from it as well. Murderers have been changed totally, drug addicts,fornicators, drunkards, thiefs etc lots of them av been changed tru the salvation of their soul made possible by the death of that half unclad carpenter.

bros, Na simple statement I make o!

if you no understand, make you jejely talk so I go fit yarn beta for you

you said Yahweh would've judged by their works which is driven by conscience, amirite?

the problem now works don't matter anymore; isn't it?

no matter how good your works are if you don't accept Jesus, you're going to hell regardless

suddenly, I can spend my whole life doing good for people and the society at large but still find myself in hell, those drug addicts,fornicators, drunkards, thiefs on their deathbed can accept Jesus into their lives and they'll make heaven, amirite?

the problem with this is that their are very good Hindus, very good Buddhists, very good Muslims and they would all perish even though by your words if Jesus hadn't come and died, they would've made heaven

consider that there's over 5000 different gods that are being worshipped by humanity, adherents of other religions are there still worshipping them

all worshippers of the over 4,999 different gods are definitely hellbound because Jesus came and died

it seems Yahweh wants as few people in heaven as possible that's why Jesus came and died

2 Likes

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you said Yahweh would've judged by their works which is driven by conscience, amirite?

no matter how good your works are if you don't accept Jesus, you're going to hell regardless

suddenly, I can spend my whole life doing good for people and the society at large but still find myself in hell, those drug addicts,fornicators, drunkards, thiefs on their deathbed can accept Jesus into their lives and they'll make heaven, amirite?

the problem with this is that their are very good Hindus, very good Buddhists, very good Muslims and they would all perish even though by your words if Jesus hadn't come and died, they would've made heaven

consider that there's over 5000 different gods that are being worshipped by humanity, adherents of other religions are there still worshipping them

all worshippers of the over 4,999 different gods are definitely hellbound because Jesus came and died

it seems Yahweh wants as few people in heaven as possible that's why Jesus came and died

For those who have heard about the gospel, your works can't give you heaven. Der are so many people doing good to people but yet they commit sins in their closed door. You can be good yes the whole can see that you are good. But God looks at your heart.....let me use myself as an example. Before I was saved from my life of sin, to everyone around me, I was a good boy, I am gentle, I give to people, in my hood they even call me pastor. But deep down in my heart I know myself that I am far from good, I was a badass playboy, I cheat and steal from my parents. Despite all of my goodness I knew myself dat I was not good. I knew I needed Jesus. I needed him because I can't stop myself from sinning, nobody can, its only salvation that offers solution.

2 Likes

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by EyeHateGod: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
adjoviomole:

His death on the cross have saved countless of life and still counting. I am benefiting from it as well. Murderers have been changed totally, drug addicts,fornicators, drunkards, thiefs etc lots of them av been changed tru the salvation of their soul made possible by the death of that half unclad carpenter.

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=EyeHateGod post=49308748][/quote]

That is your own excuse. I am benefiting greatly from it. I have no regrets serving God...I am proud that I am part of the family of God, I have been washed in the fountain, cleansed by his blood, I am now joint heir with Jesus as we travel along this journey of our life, I am proud that I am part of this family, the family of God grin
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by EyeHateGod: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
adjoviomole:

That is your own excuse. I am benefiting greatly from it. I have no regrets serving God...I am proud that I am part of the family of God, I have been washed in the fountain, cleansed by his blood, I am now joint heir with Krish as we travel along this journey of our life, I am proud that I am part of this family, the family of God grin
Now u realize how the statement sounds to me?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Now u realize how the statement sounds to me?

All through history no body went about killing in the name of Jesus, anyone who did is on his own. What Jesus commanded is love your neighbor as urself, love your enemies and pray for them that persecute you. If all this are done, will the world not be paradise on earth?

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by EyeHateGod: 12:03am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

All through history no body went about killing in the name of Jesus, anyone who did is on his own. What Jesus commanded is love your neighbor as urself, love your enemies and pray for them that persecute you. If all this are done, will the world not be paradise on earth?
Do u mean this:
Luk 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Or maybe u might understand this her better
Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Isn't this Exactly what is happening in Christianity? that's why u have over 42000 dominations?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Do u mean this:
Luk 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Or maybe u might understand this her better
Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Isn't this Exactly what is happening in Christianity? that's why u have over 42000 dominations?

When you read the whole chapter you will understand everything but u chose to select the part that suits ur claim. How many people did Jesus separate in the bible? How many people did he kill? None. Everywhere he went he did good and at his death he prayed for his enemies so what is your point?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by EyeHateGod: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

When you read the whole chapter you will understand everything but u chose to select the part that suits ur claim. How many people did Jesus separate in the bible? How many people did he kill? None. Everywhere he went he did good and at his death he prayed for his enemies so what is your point?
Oh M taking it out from contex grin Or was he Drunk again?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 12:19am On Sep 13, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Oh M taking it out from contex grin Or was he Drunk again?

If that's how you feel fine. You have made your choice and I have made mine. Have a lovely night rest.

As I lay myself to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep.

And guide me tru the lonely night, and then until the morning light amen bya

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hopefulLandlord: 3:06am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

For those who have heard about the gospel, your works can't give you heaven. Der are so many people doing good to people but yet they commit sins in their closed door. You can be good yes the whole can see that you are good. But God looks at your heart.....let me use myself as an example. Before I was saved from my life of sin, to everyone around me, I was a good boy, I am gentle, I give to people, in my hood they even call me pastor. But deep down in my heart I know myself that I am far from good, I was a badass playboy, I cheat and steal from my parents. Despite all of my goodness I knew myself dat I was not good. I knew I needed Jesus. I needed him because I can't stop myself from sinning, nobody can, its only salvation that offers solution.

bros, like I keep saying, you can always ask for further explanation if you don't understand

Yahweh would've judged them by their works, amirite?

do you know what "sin" is?

do you know what's sin to a Christian might be good in the sight of a Hindu and vice versa?

basically, Yahweh wouldn't have judged a Christian and Hindu with the same yardstick

he would've judged them differently based on the laws of the environment the person lived

its possible to be upright by the laws of the land, amirite?

no doubt, you might go against the laws of the land once in a while but I doubt non Yahweh believers would've been thrown in hell for one transgression, most likely Yahweh would've weighed the bad and the good

meaning more people would've been making heaven before Jesus death than now
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 6:56am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

If I answer this, u will probably bring up another question....anyways to those who have never heard about Jesus, their is a guardian in us wich is our conscience. No one can say they don't know what is right from what is wrong. So this people will be judged according to their works on earth be it good or bad.

Of course na grin

If we will all be judged by our works then what is the use of preaching or accepting Jesus?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Of course na grin

If we will all be judged by our works then what is the use of preaching or accepting Jesus?

Ok then if you don't want to accept Jesus don't do so. Nobody is actually forcing you to. To serve God or to accept Jesus is not a compulsion, its the matter of choice. So make your choice and live your life bro.

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bros, like I keep saying, you can always ask for further explanation if you don't understand

Yahweh would've judged them by their works, amirite?

do you know what "sin" is?

do you know what's sin to a Christian might be good in the sight of a Hindu and vice versa?

basically, Yahweh wouldn't have judged a Christian and Hindu with the same yardstick

he would've judged them differently based on the laws of the environment the person lived

its possible to be upright by the laws of the land, amirite?

no doubt, you might go against the laws of the land once in a while but I doubt non Yahweh believers would've been thrown in hell for one transgression, most likely Yahweh would've weighed the bad and the good

meaning more people would've been making heaven before Jesus death than now

To all those who have heard about jesus der will be no excuse, no matter what you proclaim to serve. You can pretend to not have heard about it but in your heart you know you have heard you are only ignoring, so to all the people who have heard their works cannot save them.

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Ok then if you don't want to accept Jesus don't do so. Nobody is actually forcing you to. To serve God or to accept Jesus is not a compulsion, its the matter of choice. So make your choice and live your life bro.

The problem is that your god threatens to burn people in hell just for not believing that Jesus is his son. Also, your fellow Christians go around threatening people to believe in this god without evidence or go to hell
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

The problem is that your god threatens to burn people in hell just for not believing that Jesus is his son. Also, your fellow Christians go around threatening people to believe in this god without evidence or go to hell

Have you tried giving your life to christ and see if its actually true or not?

I have tried and I am more than certain that heaven and hell is real...

Since you don't believe in God,you don't have to be scared of hell. But der is something I would have loved you do.

Why don't you keep an open heart and just try God by asking him to reveal himself to you if truly God exist... If you are sincere my friend, God will reveal himself to you, he loves you more than anyone will. Please give it a try before you conclude. Please you have nothing to lose just ask him to reveal himself to you if truly he exist. Thanks and may God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Have you tried giving your life to christ and see if its actually true or not?

Have you tried giving your life to Mohammed to see if it is true or not undecided

I have tried and I am more than certain that heaven and hell is real...

Do you have any proof of this?

Since you don't believe in God,you don't have to be scared of hell. But der is something I would have loved you do.

There are over 4,200 gods. I do not believe in any of them including yours. You believe in only one. The odds are not on your side tongue

Why don't you keep an open heart and just try God by asking him to reveal himself to you if truly God exist... If you are sincere my friend, God will reveal himself to you, he loves you more than anyone will. Please give it a try before you conclude. Please you have nothing to lose just ask him to reveal himself to you if truly he exist. Thanks and may God bless you.

I do not need god. Tell your god to heal all the sick people in the world and eradicate disease which it created then I will take it serious.

Until then, it will continue being treated as non existent

May Satan bless you grin
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Have you tried giving your life to Mohammed to see if it is true or not undecided

There are over 4,200 gods. I do not believe in any of them including yours. You believe in only one. The odds are not on your side tongue

I do not need god. Tell your god to heal all the sick people in the world and eradicate disease which it created then I will take it serious.

May Satan bless you grin

Alright then. Have a lovely day my friend
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hopefulLandlord: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

May Satan bless you grin

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Alright then. Have a lovely day my friend

Happy Sallah smiley
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Happy Sallah smiley

Yeah but I didn't get to eat meat tho. All my muslim friends are slightly broke.
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by frubben(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
An2elect2:
The op may be a foolish person but you are an embarrassment to Christianity, you and your pastor$$

A big embarrassment I must say,
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Yeah but I didn't get to eat meat tho. All my muslim friends are slightly broke.

Apparently, Allah is not living up to it's responsibilities tongue

1 Like

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by CAPSLOCKED: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by CAPSLOCKED: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

May Satan bless you grin
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

What is your problem with God?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by hahn(m): 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

What is your problem with God?

Which one?
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by frank317: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

May Satan bless you grin

Lol...why do I just love this response
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Which one?

Never mind
Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by ValentineMary(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

I also know secularist who changed their bad habit without Jesus. If that is all he can offer, I would rather follow the original unadulterated teachings of Buddha. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mental Slavery In Christianity by adjoviomole(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

I also know secularist who changed their bad habit without Jesus. If that is all he can offer, I would rather follow the original unadulterated teachings of Buddha. undecided

No problem, no one is forcing you before. Your choice your life. Gud nite.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yes, I Believe In The Holy Coconut / Black Jesus / Which Is Really Haram, Urine Touch Your Body Or Exposing Your Balls? Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.