Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,457 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos (17120 Views)

Yusuf Buhari To Be Transferred To German Hospital Over Brain Injury (Photo) / El-rufai Donates Land To Methodist Church / Ambode Gives Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Sunky200: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

Ambode didn't do s:hit.. They must have been studying Nigeria and they ended up choosing Lagos..

What Ambode has to do is improve the security situation in Lagos.

read the article again bro

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Subbway101: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
codemaniacs:

Ambode didn't do s:hit.. They must have been studying Nigeria and they ended up choosing Lagos..

[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2016
RockHard:
Nice. Even in this recession lag still day attract multi-million dollars investments. Good job Ambode.

Lagos state is not suffering any economic recession.
Lagos is the 5th biggest economy in Africa.

Watch out for "LAGOS IS A COUNTRY" documentary film by the same director and producer of " LAGOS in MOTION: Sights and Sounds of Africa's Largest Megacity ".

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by TeamSimple(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2016
And some flat headed eskimos will come here to beat their chest that they developed Lagos . Iranu

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2016
MaBuk:

“I must commend the German government and The Knauf Group for showing something important to all Nigerians that beyond the economic recession, their total believe in our economy is unshaken/

Stupid Africans never learn that these western companies are not there to make you progress but to get resources (LAND)
-The company will not invest the said amount but they will get the land and when the land appreciates in some years they will sell it and move on.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by TeamSimple(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2016
MaBuk:
Ambode get sense no be small, he donated the land for them to hasten the process while other Governors are lamenting about recession, some are still attracting investors.
While some silly ones are blowing up pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by fkj950ax(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

Lagos government created a Ministry (Lagos Global) charged with identifying foreign companies interested in investing in Lagos and meet them on a mutually beneficial ToR. It's not a one size fits all. Everyone gets a different bargain.
The land is part of what they got in exchange for knowledge transfer of technological skills.

Don't water down the work the State is doing.

In terms of security, Lagos State Government has done extremely well if you compare with other states.

And if you aren't aware, the entire security apparatus are federally controlled. But the state government doesn't care, and funds security agencies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2016
You've spoken spoken truth and that's because you can look beyond the present; a rare trait in today's Nigeria of soundbites and one day Instagram fame.

Well said

ironheart:
Good, while other states are complaining Lagos is investing heavily for the future. No one remember the hardship when Tinubu was clearing the street n putting structures for Fashola and Ambode. Everyone wants to invest in Lagos now. Same thing with Buhari, he is laying down structures for our tomorrow but all we get to see now is the hardship.

Change begins with me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by alberson(f): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2016
good one Mr governor....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by DozieInc(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2016
Lagos is a role model state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Laredojohn(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
Nice development from a focused Governor , Lagos am sure i snot in recession , because the Government is proactive planning and developing strategies to draw investors and generate more revenue .....Nice one ,my Oga at the Top
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by jneutron4000: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Stupid Africans never learn that these western companies are not there to make you progress but to get resources (LAND)
-The company will not invest the said amount but they will get the land and when the land appreciates in some years they will sell it and move on.
this is a stupid comment so far, they wan carry land go Germany ? Moreover Lagos stands to gain more even if they sell it later. Pls go back and read the post again

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by codemaniacs: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2016
fkj950ax:

Lagos government created a Ministry (Lagos Global) charged with identifying foreign companies interested in investing in Lagos and meet them on a mutually beneficial ToR. It's not a one size fits all. Everyone gets a different bargain.
The land is part of what they got in exchange for knowledge transfer of technological skills.

Don't water down the work the State is doing.

In terms of security, Lagos State Government has done extremely well if you compare with other states.

And if you aren't aware, the entire security apparatus are federally controlled. But the state government doesn't care, and funds security agencies.

People are getting kidnapped, Lagos has to take control of its security not just fund them because they might end up looting the funds.

Have u looked at pictures of where zuck visited on the mainland

Lagos should stop its "elitist governance" and provide infrastructure for the mainland.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
Good, while other states are complaining Lagos is investing heavily for the future. No one remember the hardship when Tinubu was clearing the street n putting structures for Fashola and Ambode. Everyone wants to invest in Lagos now. Same thing with Buhari, he is laying down structures for our tomorrow but all we get to see now is the hardship.

Change begins with me

But why has Tinubu been excluded from the National politics of APC, its so glaring now as APC is struggling to even win edo state now and Ondo state too is not sure.

Something is wrong somewhere in Abuja, the politicians have betrayed themselves and is telling on our National economy while Lagos i think is no where recession with all the developmental projects springing up everywhere in the state.

PMB need to get back to those who helped him to power, he has been hijacked by those who were opposing him before but sneaked back to his camp after getting power. If not the present hardship nationwide will linger and is no joke.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2016
jneutron4000:
this is a stupid comment so far, they wan carry land go Germany??. undecided

Your comment is actually the stupid one. A a typical example of a dumb-African that western people like!

Let me give you a clue - they can let the land appreciate, sell it and make a very neat profit out of Nigeria's uncontrolled land appreciation!
They could also have PRIOR idea of what is on the land and tap that resource!
They could also switch gears and use the land to develop something profitable (outside the original plan)

Does that make sense or I have to break it down for you like a 2 year old?
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

People are getting kidnapped, Lagos has to take control of its security not just fund them because they might end up looting the funds.

Have u looked at pictures of where zuck visited on the mainland

Lagos should stop its "elitist governance" and provide infrastructure for the mainland.

A lot of infrastructure are coming up on mainland please, let's stop spreading old tales that are no longer true. If you say security yes but its gradually improving and will get better as time goes on. If the security is that bad, there will be no increase in foreign investment.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2016
alberson:
good one Mr governor....

You people are an embarrasement to civilization!

No, it is not a good one Mr African.

Commonsense AND Agriculture is the key to Nigeria's economic crisis, not the reliance on oil or by products.

If the leadership and citizens of the country do not have commonsense and the ability to use ABUNDANT arable land, Nigeria will be in a stagnant country for a very very long time.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Your comment is actually the stupid one. A a typical example of a dumb-African that western people like!

Let me give you a clue - they can let the land appreciate, sell it and make a very neat profit out of Nigeria's uncontrolled land appreciation!
They could also switch gears and use the land to develop something profitable (outside the original plan)

Let's not be too negative nah, don't you think those investors browse thru forums like this to know the minds of Nigerians, you may just be giving them an idea they never thought of. I think its better we appreciate Government's efforts to improve our National and comment on how it can be greatly enhanced instead of unnecessary pessimism. You are giving food to haters to pounce on bruv.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

You people are an embarrasement to civilization!

No, it is not a good one Mr African.

Commonsense AND Agriculture is the key to Nigeria's economic crisis, not the reliance on oil or by products.

If the leadership and citizens of the country do not have commonsense and the ability to use ABUNDANT arable land, Nigeria will be in a stagnant country for a very very long time.

Lagos do not have land for agriculture please, do you know area size of Lagos? they have also been getting land in other states to be fully involved in agriculture.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by gloryfidedesign(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2016
good job Mr ambode keep on doing the good work for the future of the state God bless you and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by ironheart(m): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

But why has Tinubu been excluded from the National politics of APC, its so glaring now as APC is struggling to even win edo state now and Ondo state too is not sure.

Something is wrong somewhere in Abuja, the politicians have betrayed themselves and is telling on our National economy while Lagos i think is no where recession with all the developmental projects springing up everywhere in the state.

PMB need to get back to those who helped him to power, he has been hijacked by those who were opposing him before but sneaked back to his camp after getting power. If not the present hardship nationwide will linger and is no joke.
i have a thinking that Tinubu still works with Buhari, most of his apointments are Tinubu, i would believe Tinubu is keeping a low profile because it will hurt the anticurruption stance of the president. Take Ameachi for instance, a lot of dust is being raised because he is in the presidency. As for Edo election, there is a report that Tinubu is a bit ill to attend
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
i have a thinking that Tinubu still works with Buhari, most of his apointments are Tinubu, i would believe Tinubu is keeping a low profile because it will hurt the anticurruption stance of the president. Take Ameachi for instance, a lot of dust is being raised because he is in the presidency. As for Edo election, there is a report that Tinubu is a bit ill to attend

Tinubu has been edged out, do you hear the likes of bisi akande talking again? most of the appointments are not tinubu's just some to make it look as if he is still there. PMB has played a fast one on the Tinubu's camp and its telling on our economy and the opposition has taken full advantage. Amaechi and his camp were 100% compensated hence you can't hear any noise from there.

Tinubu might have his issues but you don't shut out folks who got you to power because of greedy sycophants who are even worse. Its so bad that the body guards who worked with PMB during his campaign have also been shut out while folks like Udoma, Heinekan, Lokpibiri, Ita enang e.t.c. who only decamped to APC few months after PMB captured power holds sway in this Govt.

I wish PMB well especially with Edo and Ondo state elections beckoning.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

Lagos do not have land for agriculture please, do you know area size of Lagos? they have also been getting land in other states to be fully involved in agriculture.

I suppose to an African like you farming means several hectres of CASAVA, tomato and YAM farm!
Talking to you people requires panadol and asprin, you will never think like Chinese or even gypsies!

I have friends who farm in Egansoyindo via Ketu Epe, near Lekki Epe Express and Agbowa Ikorodu. some parts of Agbara and areas going to Badagary

I know people who farm a few acres acres of land doing poultry, pig, fish and other Cash-crop, small to medium scale farming in all areas of Lagos.

please google:
Agriculture Land Lagos

There are places in Lagos with bush-no property development that stupid Nigerians are leaving until land price goes up for building houses!

Research..................................
family farm
Small Scale Farming and Sustainable Agriculture
Subsistence farming
Smallholder Agriculture

check the size of land required to grow.....................
Flowers
Lavender
Gourmet mushrooms
Landscaping trees and shrubs.
Garlic
Herbs
And other cash crops for local and international export!
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

I suppose to an African like you farming means several hectres of CASAVA, tomato and YAM farm!
Talking to you people requires panadol and asprin, you will never think like Chinese or even gypsies!

I have friends who farm in Egansoyindo via Ketu Epe, near Lekki Epe Express and Agbowa Ikorodu. some parts of Agbara and areas going to Badagary

I know people who farm a few acres acres of land doing poultry, pig, fish and other Cash-crop, small to medium scale farming in all areas of Lagos.

please google:
Agriculture Land Lagos

There are places in Lagos with bush-no property development that stupid Nigerians are leaving until land price goes up for building houses!

Research..................................
family farm
Small Scale Farming and Sustainable Agriculture
Subsistence farming
Smallholder Agriculture

check the size of land required to grow.....................
Flowers
Lavender
Gourmet mushrooms
Landscaping trees and shrubs.
Garlic
Herbs
And other cash crops for local and international export!

oga leave technicalities, there are states in Nigeria with massive land areas 10 times that of Lagos that should specialize in Agriculture, this is why Lagos has gone into partnership with such states for Agriculture purposes. Sectors like real estate will continue to attract huge investments which is why we having this foreign investment . Let Lagos major on her strengths like real estate, ICT and Financial services and other states on theirs too.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Reference(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Good one. Not oil, oil, oil. More grease to militant elbows until Nigeria is completely reformatted.. .. since they don't want to hear the word restructured.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

Let's not be too negative nah, don't you think those investors browse thru forums like this to know the minds of Nigerians, you may just be giving them an idea they never thought of. I think its better we appreciate Government's efforts to improve our National and comment on how it can be greatly enhanced instead of unnecessary pessimism. You are giving food to haters to pounce on bruv.

"browse thru forums"
You think they need Nigerian forums to get ideas on how to exploit Nigeria? Did internet and forums exist during slavery when they took over 100 million slaves from places like Nigeria to work for free building the infrastructure they still use today?
Did internet exist when they started using WTO, IMF, Paris Club, World bank to defraud nigeria and destroy the economy?
The stupidity of the average Nigeria (like you) is enough for them to be 100 STEPS ahead of you, Imagine that the leaders who give them these valuable resources think like you - Do you not understand how the exploitation happens?

No foreign company or individual can acquire land in china and majority of Asian countries unless local shareholders own 51%, if you find anything on the land or divert it to something else, 51% stay with the country people and the government will tax you to high heavens on the remaining. AFRICANS LIKE YOU IS A DIFFERENT MATTER!

Did it ever occur to you that in many cases LAND might be more valuable than oil and gold? The land exists to appreciate with time.
South African blacks are where they are today simply by allowing whites to own the best lands in the country! You would think Nigeria might learn from that!!!
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

oga leave technicalities, there are states in Nigeria with massive land areas 10 times that of Lagos that should specialize in Agriculture, this is why Lagos has gone into partnership with such states for Agriculture purposes. Sectors like real estate will continue to attract huge investments which is why we having this foreign investment . Let Lagos major on her strengths like real estate, ICT and Financial services and other states on theirs too.

Your priorities are different from mine, that is why I have a better mindset than you ANYDAY!
Lagos real estate, ICT and financial services are a complete joke when it comes to the benefits TO 90% of the citizens of the state.
giving free land to investors, driving land prices up, creating an ULTRA-capitalist style economy well OUTSIDE the reach of the average citizen is daft, don't you think?
The average citizen of Lagos is better of a small scale farmer and an owner of decent sized parcel of land that counts as a future asset as supposed to capitalizing the lands to the level they have become!

NO single individual or foreign investor in china and other Asian countries can be given land just like that, they can only own 49% of it and in most cases A LEASE!
You can understand why the average Asian with or without work is worth more than the average Nigeria! They do not DASH valuable assets like land to investors!!!

Your docile mentality on foreigners is what is impoverishing Nigeria, that colo-mentality is standing in the way of change and oversight!
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by BRAV0O(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

you're just being paiiiiiined and not making sense at all, sorry what do you gain frm hates dont even bother to quote me !

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by codemaniacs: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

A lot of infrastructure are coming up on mainland please, let's stop spreading old tales that are no longer true. If you say security yes but its gradually improving and will get better as time goes on. If the security is that bad, there will be no increase in foreign investment.

I'm not saying there aren't infrastructure on the mainland.. There are many places on the mainland that need improvement..

Foreign investment is bad for the economy when they are not taxed heavily..

Nigerians should own Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

"browse thru forums"
You think they need Nigerian forums to get ideas on how to exploit Nigeria? Did internet and forums exist during slavery when they took over 100 million slaves from places like Nigeria to work for free building the infrastructure they still use today?
Did internet exist when they started using WTO, IMF, Paris Club, World bank to defraud nigeria and destroy the economy?
The stupidity of the average Nigeria (like you) is enough for them to be 100 STEPS ahead of you, Imagine that the leaders who give them these valuable resources think like you - Do you not understand how the exploitation happens?

No foreign company or individual can acquire land in china and majority of Asian countries unless local shareholders own 51%, if you find anything on the land or divert it to something else, 51% stay with the country people and the government will tax you to high heavens on the remaining. AFRICANS LIKE YOU IS A DIFFERENT MATTER!

Did it ever occur to you that in many cases LAND might be more valuable than oil and gold? The land exists to appreciate with time.
South African blacks are where they are today simply by allowing whites to own the best lands in the country! You would think Nigeria might learn from that!!!

you are just being negative especially with your usage of words which are unnecessary
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Zukerberg: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

"browse thru forums"

PLS,SIR...GO AND READ THIS AND LEARN MORE.Thanks.....

Lagos State Investor Handbook - GEMS Nigeria
in areas including investment regulation, accessing land, taxation and ....

Lagos  State:  Quick  Facts :

•Established  on  27th  May  1967
 •7th  fastest  growing  city  in  the  world  at  5%  p.a  •Contributes  more  than  30%  to  Nigeria’s  GDP  •Consumes  more  than  60%  of  Nigeria’s  energy  •Accounts  for  90%  of  Nigeria’s  foreign  trade  flows  •Accounts  for  70%  of  all  industrial  investments  •Generates  over  50%  of  Nigeria’s  port  revenues  •The  Third  Mainland  Bridge  is  the  longest  bridge  in  Africa,  measuring  11.8km
 •240  vehicles  per  kilometer  (national  average:  11)  •70%  of  state  revenues  is  internally  generated  •Power  deficit  of  over  3,000MW  •Daily  water  demand  gap:  2.5  billion  litres  
•10,000  metric  tones  of  waste  generated  daily

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

I'm not saying there aren't infrastructure on the mainland.. There are many places on the mainland that need improvement..

Foreign investment is bad for the economy when they are not taxed heavily..

Nigerians should own Nigeria.

those improvement are ongoing as we speak bruv, its one after the other. Do you just foreign investment is bad? If they are even taxed heavily, you guys will come back here to say the govt is killing businesses and increasing unemployment. Honestly you have no point here.

If the foreign guys are leaving Nigeria you guys will still complain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Congresses: Tension In APC / 'We Will Resist Any Attempt To Illegally Impeach Saraki' – Senator Gyunka / NJC Recommends Sack Of Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia & Justice James T. Agbadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.