Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos (17122 Views)

Yusuf Buhari To Be Transferred To German Hospital Over Brain Injury (Photo) / El-rufai Donates Land To Methodist Church / Ambode Gives Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Your priorities are different from mine, that is why I have a better mindset than you ANYDAY!
Lagos real estate, ICT and financial services are a complete joke when it comes to the benefits TO 90% of the citizens of the state.
giving free land to investors, driving land prices up, creating an ULTRA-capitalist style economy well OUTSIDE the reach of the average citizen is daft, don't you think?

The average citizen of Lagos is better of a small scale farmer and an owner of decent sized parcel of land that counts as a future asset as supposed to capitalizing the lands to the level they have become!

NO single individual or foreign investor in china and other Asian countries can be given land just like that, they can only own 49% of it and in most cases A LEASE!
You can understand why the average Asian with or without work is worth more than the average Nigeria! They do not DASH valuable assets like land to investors!!!

Your docile mentality on foreigners is what is impoverishing Nigeria, that colo-mentality is standing in the way of change and oversight!

Mr man, when we see something good we appreciate it, when you become Governor let's see your mindset and we will evaluate you, have a nice day. What manner of chest beating here grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by banio: 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
This one is not a good investment. Instead of exporting and earning Nigeria dollars, this investment is to rob us of our hard earn dollars.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by jneutron4000: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Your comment is actually the stupid one. A a typical example of a dumb-African that western people like!

Let me give you a clue - they can let the land appreciate, sell it and make a very neat profit out of Nigeria's uncontrolled land appreciation!
They could also have PRIOR idea of what is on the land and tap that resource!
They could also switch gears and use the land to develop something profitable (outside the original plan)

Does that make sense or I have to break it down for you like a 2 year old?
you deserve a dirty E-slap for this your childish and foolish thinking. So now Land that was given to them, they will wait till it appreciate and sell it off? You are so daft for thinking that the Lagos government is not smart for taking this decision.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by jneutron4000: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

those improvement are ongoing as we speak bruv, its one after the other. Do you just foreign investment is bad? If they are even taxed heavily, you guys will come back here to say the govt is killing businesses and increasing unemployment. Honestly you have no point here.

If the foreign guys are leaving Nigeria you guys will still complain
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by fkj950ax(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

People are getting kidnapped, Lagos has to take control of its security not just fund them because they might end up looting the funds.

Have u looked at pictures of where zuck visited on the mainland

Lagos should stop its "elitist governance" and provide infrastructure for the mainland.

Lagos can't take control of its security. Our Constitution doesn't allow that. In fact, it stands a great deal of risk from funding the security agencies. It's not in line with the Constitution.

Mainland, Island, outskirts are all parts of the society. They all can't develop same rate. UK has slums in London. There are Ghettos in Washington DC... It's part of society.

Kidnapping is a national problem, and not peculiar to Lagos alone. And I must say, it's not as prevalent compared to other states. It exists and must be stamped out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by semitunde: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Your priorities are different from mine, that is why I have a better mindset than you ANYDAY!
Lagos real estate, ICT and financial services are a complete joke when it comes to the benefits TO 90% of the citizens of the state.
giving free land to investors, driving land prices up, creating an ULTRA-capitalist style economy well OUTSIDE the reach of the average citizen is daft, don't you think?
The average citizen of Lagos is better of a small scale farmer and an owner of decent sized parcel of land that counts as a future asset as supposed to capitalizing the lands to the level they have become!

NO single individual or foreign investor in china and other Asian countries can be given land just like that, they can only own 49% of it and in most cases A LEASE!
You can understand why the average Asian with or without work is worth more than the average Nigeria! They do not DASH valuable assets like land to investors!!!

Your docile mentality on foreigners is what is impoverishing Nigeria, that colo-mentality is standing in the way of change and oversight!

But how do you know this land they were given isn't on a lease? Being given land does not necessarily mean outright ownership.

Besides if they have done their homework on the benefits, and giving them land is what is required, then so be it.

This is an investment that can impact on all economic levels in the state not just the middle/upper class.

Pseodo-conspiracy theory to even include what (minerals) exist on the land is a stretch. Studies are carried out on most places for useful minerals and data for that is available. But if by providence, something special is on the land that is of national importance; govt can easily take over the land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Drguzzykola(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
Good, while other states are complaining Lagos is investing heavily for the future. No one remember the hardship when Tinubu was clearing the street n putting structures for Fashola and Ambode. Everyone wants to invest in Lagos now. Same thing with Buhari, he is laying down structures for our tomorrow but all we get to see now is the hardship.

Change begins with me
U should know we are nigerians, we are so blind and cant see future things, all we want is buhari showering 10 10 naira into our pocket ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
jneutron4000:
you deserve a dirty E-slap for this your childish and foolish thinking. So now Land that was given to them, they will wait till it appreciate and sell it off? You are so daft for thinking that the Lagos government is not smart for taking this decision.

You and the Lagos state government deserve THAT slap for your backward African stupidity.
Most civilized countries who are laughing at this deal will agree with me!
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

Mr man, when we see something good we appreciate it, when you become Governor let's see your mindset and we will evaluate you, have a nice day. What manner of chest beating here grin

something good
You are part of the problem of Nigeria, I weep for people like you!
I hope your future generations have a better mentality than you is all I can say.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
Zukerberg:

PLS,SIR...GO AND READ THIS AND LEARN MORE.Thanks.....

Lagos State Investor Handbook - GEMS Nigeria
in areas including investment regulation, accessing land, taxation and ....

Lagos  State:  Quick  Facts :

•Established  on  27th  May  1967
 •7th  fastest  growing  city  in  the  world  at  5%  p.a  •Contributes  more  than  30%  to  Nigeria’s  GDP  •Consumes  more  than  60%  of  Nigeria’s  energy  •Accounts  for  90%  of  Nigeria’s  foreign  trade  flows  •Accounts  for  70%  of  all  industrial  investments  •Generates  over  50%  of  Nigeria’s  port  revenues  •The  Third  Mainland  Bridge  is  the  longest  bridge  in  Africa,  measuring  11.8km
 •240  vehicles  per  kilometer  (national  average:  11)  •70%  of  state  revenues  is  internally  generated  •Power  deficit  of  over  3,000MW  •Daily  water  demand  gap:  2.5  billion  litres  
•10,000  metric  tones  of  waste  generated  daily

This is like chatting to a kitchen sink!
I will get better results with a 10 year old chinese kid.
So this is the future of intelligence in Nigeria? No wonder the country imports intelligence and expatriates!
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

something good
You are part of the problem of Nigeria, I weep for people like you!
I hope your future generations have a better mentality than you is all I can say.

weep for your self bro and I hope your future generations usage of words will be better than yours.

Your holier than thou posts are the part of the problems Nigeria has today.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by codemaniacs: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
fkj950ax:

Lagos can't take control of its security. Our Constitution doesn't allow that. In fact, it stands a great deal of risk from funding the security agencies. It's not in line with the Constitution.

Mainland, Island, outskirts are all parts of the society. They all can't develop same rate. UK has slums in London. There are Ghettos in Washington DC... It's part of society.

Kidnapping is a national problem, and not peculiar to Lagos alone. And I must say, it's not as prevalent compared to other states. It exists and must be stamped out.

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, All parts of Lagos should at least have basic infrastructure... Don't ever in your life compare slums in london, DC to slums in Nigeria because even in their "slums" they have basic infrastructures.

Goke7:

those improvement are ongoing as we speak bruv, its one after the other. Do you just foreign investment is bad? If they are even taxed heavily, you guys will come back here to say the govt is killing businesses and increasing unemployment. Honestly you have no point here.

If the foreign guys are leaving Nigeria you guys will still complain

this is not about points, this is not about winning an argument.. this is about making Lagos better in general.. govt can tax foreign companies heavily and tax citizens lightly that's the benefit of been a citizen..
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by jneutron4000: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

You and the Lagos state government deserve THAT slap for your backward African stupidity.
ok pls tell me, are you saying what Lagos state did is bad by just giving a land to investor just to encourage them to invest in it in this critical time in the history of Nigeria?? Or what, is it a crime to give land to someone who will help you develop it, create job opportunities, impact skills and knowledge also pay tax to the government. Guy I go flog you Kane o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Goke7: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
this is not about points, this is not about winning an argument.. this is about making Lagos better in general.. govt can tax foreign companies heavily and tax citizens lightly that's the benefit of been a citizen..[/quote]

are you aware that there is a limit to which these companies can be taxed by Lagos state? You are talking as if Lagos state is the Federal Government, see why I said you have no point here. The Tax Lagos can take is what is permitted by the Federal laws of Nigeria, ok?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by bakynes(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

Guy you have no point is obvious you have lost the argument. When it is said that Lagos gave the German investor land doesn't mean outright ownership. It's a lease besides you talked about them tapping resources if discovered in future what difference does it make if they buy the land and still tap off the resources or the LASG should say no to Foreign investors? cause I don't get you at all stop arguing for argument sake.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by grodt999: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
jneutron4000:
ok pls tell me, are you saying what Lagos state did is bad by just giving a land to investor just to encourage them to invest in it in this critical time in the history of Nigeria?? Or what, is it a crime to give land to someone who will help you develop it, create job opportunities, impact skills and knowledge also pay tax to the government. Guy I go flog you Kane o.

When I speak with many people from civilized countries the debates last 10 minutes or less.
When I explain to Nigerians it lasts days or weeks, there is clearly an intelligence and mentality problem at stake. I attended several forums where Nigerians with PHD were refused jobs because thou they were more qualified on paper they think in a rather achaic fashion.
The jobs were instead given to western and Asian foreigners because they exhibited commonsense thinking!

That is the issue I have, NO matter how I try to explain what the core issues are you may not understand or it may not fit into your already configured mental spectrum.

I will not try anymore.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

I'm not saying there aren't infrastructure on the mainland.. There are many places on the mainland that need improvement..

[/b]Foreign investment is bad for the economy when they are not taxed heavily[b]..

Nigerians should own Nigeria.

...... And when companies stop investing as a result of the bolded, your likes will be the first to complain about the lack of FDI?

Your mentality about businesses being taxed heavily is the reason a country like France isn't getting investment and investors while the "little red dot" continually gets investment.

This is a genuine FDI, not what Udom lied about Singaporean investors investing $100m into rice farming; when the company doesn't exist.
Knauf is one of Germany's hidden champions.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by mofebosola(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
My amiable Gov. Please which location is the factory going to be sited so I can cash in early by putting up my All-Purpose (all cadre) Cafeteria around the factory?
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by jneutron4000: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
grodt999:

When I speak with many people from civilized countries the debates last 10 minutes or less.
When I explain to Nigerians it lasts days or weeks, there is clearly an intelligence and mentality problem at stake. I attended several forums where Nigerians with PHD were refused jobs because thou they were more qualified on paper they think in a rather achaic fashion.
The jobs were instead given to western and Asian foreigners because they exhibited commonsense thinking!

That is the issue I have, NO matter how I try to explain what the core issues are you may not understand or it may not fit into your already configured mental spectrum.

I will not try anymore.
I know people like you. smiley. Anyway he never too late you fit go collect the land since Na your family land grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by sultaan(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
When pigs fly
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by fkj950ax(m): 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

... parts of Lagos should at least have basic infrastructure... Don't ever in your life compare...

How old are you exactly?

You should have more decorum in public and not make unguarded statements to total strangers.

Totally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by lollmaolol(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
RockHard:
Nice. Even in this recession lag still dey attract multi-million dollars investments. Good job Ambode.

I'm glad to know that our case is not a hopeless one.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
grodt999:

"browse thru forums"
You think they need Nigerian forums to get ideas on how to exploit Nigeria? Did internet and forums exist during slavery when they took over 100 million slaves from places like Nigeria to work for free building the infrastructure they still use today?
Did internet exist when they started using WTO, IMF, Paris Club, World bank to defraud nigeria and destroy the economy?
The stupidity of the average Nigeria (like you) is enough for them to be 100 STEPS ahead of you, Imagine that the leaders who give them these valuable resources think like you - Do you not understand how the exploitation happens?

No foreign company or individual can acquire land in china and majority of Asian countries unless local shareholders own 51%, if you find anything on the land or divert it to something else, 51% stay with the country people and the government will tax you to high heavens on the remaining. AFRICANS LIKE YOU IS A DIFFERENT MATTER!

Did it ever occur to you that in many cases LAND might be more valuable than oil and gold? The land exists to appreciate with time.
South African blacks are where they are today simply by allowing whites to own the best lands in the country! You would think Nigeria might learn from that!!!

Senseless post.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
jneutron4000:

I wonder, some people are so dumb. that is while African nations are third world nations they have lots of dumb brains
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
grodt999:

I will not try anymore.

I laugh out loud in pidgin. Africans are not in the same IQ level with Whites but their ego would not allow them to accept facts.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
banio:
This one is not a good investment. Instead of exporting and earning Nigeria dollars, this investment is to rob us of our hard earn dollars.

So how would you export if their is no investor to produce what you will export. or would you export Air .
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
banio:

So how would you export if their is no investor to produce what you will export. or would you export Air?
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by blueAgent(m): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
grodt999:

Stupid Africans never learn that these western companies are not there to make you progress but to get resources (LAND)
-The company will not invest the said amount but they will get the land and when the land appreciates in some years they will sell it and move on.

guy abeg borrow brains you need one.
Re: Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos by PentiumProf: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
ironheart:
Good, while other states are complaining Lagos is investing heavily for the future. No one remember the hardship when Tinubu was clearing the street n putting structures for Fashola and Ambode. Everyone wants to invest in Lagos now. Same thing with Buhari, he is laying down structures for our tomorrow but all we get to see now is the hardship.

Change begins with me
I was trying to understand your post until i reached the part where you named buhari
it's evident you reason like buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun APC Guber Primary Lacks Credibility – Aregbesola’s Faction / FG To Spend ₦‎3.3 Billion On Obasanjo, Jonathan, Others / 2023: Outgoing Herdsman, Incoming Bala Blu By Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.