Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China (20744 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Buhari Approves Appointments For 13 Government Agencies / FG Okays Loans From World Bank, China, Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
*Nigeria Presidency Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China

*Plans include 20-year loans with 1.25 percent interest
*Government waiting for go-ahead from lawmakers to raise debt

Nigeria’s presidency has approved plans for external borrowing from the World Bank, China and Japan.
Nigeria will take on debt from institutions including the World Bank, African Development Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency and Export-Import Bank of China, the presidency commented on Twitter.
This will include “low-cost, long-term” loans with interest rates of 1.25 percent and maturities of 20 years, according to the tweets. Details of a Eurobond will be announced “in due course.” The government is now waiting for lawmakers to approve the plans, the presidency said.
President Muhammadu Buhari announced a record 6.1 trillion naira ($19.4 billion) spending plan this year to try and stimulate the economy, which contracted in the first two quarters as oil revenue plunged. He said he expected the government to raise about $5 billion from the Eurobond market and multilateral and bilateral lenders.

Nigeria’s Debt Management Office last month asked banks to place bids by Sept. 19 if they wished to manage a $1 billion Eurobond sale. Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun told bond investors in London in June that Nigeria was close to securing around $3 billion of funding from the World Bank and African Development Bank.
Nigeria, which vies with South Africa as the continent’s biggest economy, has issued dollar bonds twice, the last time in 2013. Yields on its $500 million of securities due in July 2023 fell 11 basis points to 6.24 percent by 1:01 p.m. in Lagos, their lowest level since June 2015 and down more than 300 basis points since hitting a record 9.4 percent on Jan. 18.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-08/nigeria-s-presidency-approves-borrowing-from-world-bank-china

So, after all of Buhari's stubborn theatrics of We-will-never-submit -to-world-bank-and-IMF, he finally falls on his knees and approves borrowing from World Bank.

The man has been totally demystified! grin

Please mods (Dominique, Lalasticlala), help me edit my post and add in the full article. I'm on a crappy mobile phone, and character limit is killing me here.
Thanks.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by zico530(m): 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by idupaul: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
I am afraid as long as Buhari is in power no injection of loan will make any sense ..even if oil rises to 200 dollars a barrel it won't make any difference under visionless leader . So this loan is dead on arrival

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:
So, after all of Buhari's stubborn theatrics of We-will-never-submit -to-world-bank-and-IMF, he finally falls on his knees and approves borrowing from World Bank.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-08/nigeria-s-presidency-approves-borrowing-from-world-bank-china

Please mods (Dominique, Lalasticlala), help me edit my post and add in the full article. I'm on a crappy mobile phone, and character limit is killing me here.
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
It makes more economic sense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by cckris: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
After the Economy had degenerated.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Paperwhite(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Useless,clueless,directionless,illiterate, vindictive,one-step forward,hundred-steps backward......president of zombies in a zoo republic.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

E non go borrow before?

You should have read the numerous trash from his many voltrons and zombies who were initially deceiving themselves with chatter like:

"Ha! I trust Baba. Buhari will never bow to the evil World Bank"

"Buhari will never bow to the IMF"

"The neo-colonialist IMF can go to hell with their money and anti-African policies. THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!"

"Biuhari is incorruptible! We don't need World Bank's money! Sai Baba!"

All that don end now as the President exports his Almajiri swags to the world stage.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by jlinkd78(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Now all these medieval mindset zombies should hide their faces in shame and eat their humble pies. After transiting us into recession you are going back to d basics which will translate into huge interests in d long run. Without a good manager of d economy no amount of borrowing at this point in our economic downturn will save this one chance govt.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by basilo101: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
The new sherifat is a weakling repackaged through propaganda. he succumbs after causing severe damages wih his vain ego massaging stubborness

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by dondo83(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
people will be calling buhari a dullard and simple information they cant digest. Did buhari or fg claim it wont borrow ? how will the fund a 6trillion budget? Adeosun said fg will borrow for capital expenditure and infrastructural development ! if you are still too dull to understand quote me and I will break it down further

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Paperwhite(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
dondo83:
people will be calling buhari a dullard and simple information they cant digest. Did buhari or fg claim it wont borrow ? how will the fund a 6trillion budget? Adeosun said fg will borrow for capital expenditure and infrastructural development ! if you are still too dull to understand quote me and I will break it down further
My friend carry this your zombiesm comot here. angry undecided

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Lord!!! How did we get here?? How can someone be so daft and clueless at the same time, this just like a dog going back to its vomit. 'I want to pight kwarruption' nobody asked what he will do with the economy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by kenny987(f): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Shutting the barn after d horse has escaped!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:

Thanks.

"The man has been totally demystified!"

And this makes you happy. Im willing to bet that since the day you were born, you've NEVER witnessed 2straight months of uninterrupted power supply? Know how I know that? Because you come across as a complete loser in life. Nobody that has anything going for them relishes their Government borrowing from the World Bank.

Its a shame what poverty has done to the psyche of the average Nigerian.

P.S: I just saw the last part about your "crappy mobile phone". I should've known better and ignored you. Most of you think poverty and a disorganized society is normal. You are wrong.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by TimeManager(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:
[s]So, after all of Buhari's stubborn theatrics of We-will-never-submit -to-world-bank-and-IMF, he finally falls on his knees and approves borrowing from World Bank[/s].

Thanks.
When have you **** heard PMB opposed to external borrowings?
kiss the truth!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

And this makes you happy. Im willing to bet that since the day you were born, you've NEVER witnessed 2straight months of uninterrupted power supply? Know how I know that? Because you come across as a complete loser in life. Nobody that has anything going for them relishes their Government borrowing from the World Bank.

P.S: I just saw the last part about your "crappy mobile phone". I should've known better and ignored you. Most of you think poverty and a disorganized society is normal. You are wrong.

Are you aware you have conveniently said absolutely NOTHING of value to the topic and only ended up showing us what type of unintelligent, frustrated imbeecile you are?

Now that you're done crying and pouring out your frustrations like the wimp you are, could you be so kind as to pick your carcass and leave the floor for contributors with actual grey matter encased in their skulls? Thanks.

PS: Oh, and another thing? I live in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, dumbass, and that's common knowledge around here, so you've only totally failed on that part too grin

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by AZeD1(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
Erm OP the government said it was going to fund the budget with internal and external borrowing so please show us were(shouldn't be hard to find) Buhari said he wouldn't borrow from the world bank.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: The below quote was taken from the link the OP posted
Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun told bond investors in London in June that Nigeria was close to securing around $3 billion of funding from the World Bank and African Development Bank.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:

PS: Oh, and another thing? I live in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, dumbass, and that's common knowledge around here, so you've only totally failed on that part too grin

So what are you doing in my country with your 3rd world mentality? When are you going back to Africa?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:

Before you came out here to pollute our society, have you ever witnessed constant electricity? That was my question.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

Before you came out here to pollute our society, have you ever witnessed constant electricity? That was my question.

grin Typical zombie with their outdated tactics.

In the absence of the intellect to counter a thread, his next resort is attempting to derail it.
Thank you, iSpiksdatroof, for entertaining us today with your mental emptiness; but it looks like now would be a good time to return to your cage.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by mrvitalis(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
cckris:
After the Economy had degenerated.
Can u check the oil prices along the same time

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:

I'm a bona-fide citizen, you dumb m.o.ro.n.
Can you now kindly face the thread and stop derailing, you unintelligent bore?

"Bonafide" because WE let you. Were you born here? Were your parents? How about Grand Parents? Great-Grand Parents, maybe? A blue passport doesn't mean sh*t except that you pay your taxes on time like the legal foreign worker you are. If you never understood that, understand it now. The day we're ready---and pissed off enough--- we will amend the Constitution, yank that piece of paper out of your rough African palms, rip it up, and throw your ashy butt on the first Steam Boat smoking across the Atlantic back to where you truly belong.

Go back to destroying your own homeland with your backwards mentality where everyone thinks in reverse just like you.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by kenny987(f): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

U need to understand the context of statements or posts like that which u just quoted. The main point is not relishing or rejoicing over the thought of borrowing from d IMF, World Bank and such other western bodies that only suck debtors dry with emasculating conditions.

Saying he's demystified goes to show that despite all his grandstanding, foolhardy and hardline positions, it's turned out to be all hot air cos he's been unable to manage resources n policies enough to retool d economy so after his unpopular economic decisions that led to loss of mega investments, capital flights, closure n pulling out of FDI, loss of the JP Morgan rating, the free fall of d naira and so on despite early warnings that would have helped tide d country over rough patches, his stupidity and ineptitude have been exposed.
So, buhari will have to bear d responsibility of whatever further mess he plunges d country into going forward because he stubbornly and foolishly maneuvered himself and d country into this Catch 22 situation cos now he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Perhaps if he'd been more charitable, less vindictive and also possessed of sufficient intelligence to know that he doesn't know, acknowledge that ignorance, appoint those who know better than he does and also allow them work rather than wulfully impose his archaic ideas all the time, he'd have more goodwill and we'd be in a better place than we are right now.

The point of all of this is he's really low on d goodwill supply from members of the public a.k.a the masses.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
kenny987:

U need to understand the context of statements or posts like that which u just quoted. The main point is not relishing or rejoicing over the thought of borrowing from d IMF, World Bank and such other western bodies that only suck debtors dry with emasculating conditions.

Eh, thanks a lot but no thanks. I can comprehend the English language fully and properly, its my first language after all. I can also go through old posts to figure a person's mentality and intentions.

Your help and attempts at explanations weren't needed or called for.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

[s]"Bonafide" because WE let you. Were you born here? Were your parents? How about Grand Parents? Great-Grand Parents, maybe? A blue passport doesn't mean sh*t except that you pay your taxes on time like the legal foreign worker you are. If you never understood that, understand it now. The day we're ready---and pissed off enough--- we will amend the Constitution, yank that piece of paper out of your rough African palms, rip it up, and throw your ashy butt on the first Steam Boat smoking across the Atlantic back to where you truly belong.

Go back to destroying your own homeland with your backwards mentality where everyone thinks in reverse just like you.[/s]

...And this seriously laughable rant has something to do with the topic?
Grow up already, dude. You sound like an iidiot. Face the topic and quit making a fool of yourself. The whole forum can see how dumb you are already. grin

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
NoreenUG:

You should have read the numerous trash from his many voltrons and zombies who were initially deceiving themselves with chatter like:

"Ha! I trust Baba. Buhari will never bow to the evil World Bank"

"Buhari will never bow to the IMF"

"The neo-colonialist IMF can go to hell with their money and anti-African policies. THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!"

"Biuhari is incorruptible! We don't need World Bank's money! Sai Baba!"

All that don end now as the President exports his Almajiri swags to the world stage.
Yeah don't mind those hypocrite. They don't see anything wrong in what he does even if he brings policies to cause hunger

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by NoreenUG(f): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Yeah don't mind those hypocrite. They don't see anything wrong in what he does even if he brings policies to cause hunger

I swear to God.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by alezzy13: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
Am I missing something here?

I really wonder why OP is writhing with orgasmic fits at the prospect of Nigeria borrowing from WB.

So he changed his mind, big deal. undecided

next SENSIBLE topic please.

thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by chemicalDisease: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Buhari is Ewu!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Genius100: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
OP is a slowpoke...

Did Buhari ever say he won't borrow money under favorable terms? The 2016 budget was crafted knowing we will have to borrow a significant portion..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chile Eboe-Osuji Elected President Of International Criminal Court (ICC) / FG Establishes Centre For the Control of Small Arms And Light Weapons / Army Moves To Retire Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.