Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can A Guy And A Girl Really Just Be Best Friends? By Paul (scotfree) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy And A Girl Really Just Be Best Friends? By Paul (scotfree) (522 Views)

Two Sisters Set To Wed 2 Best Friends (Pre-wedding Photos) / Identical Twin Brothers Set To Wed 2 Best Friends. See Pre-wedding Photos / My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Guy And A Girl Really Just Be Best Friends? By Paul (scotfree) by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Having a female best friend is like keeping a fowl as a pet. One day you will surely eat it.

Anonymous

I came across that quote somewhere on the internet and thought it was both funny and true. True? Yes true almost half the time. I have lived on this earth for 20 plus years and I have seen it happen a number of times, guys choosing to eventually eat their pets and girls doing the same too. I have seen it happen with my friends, colleagues, and relatives. I have heard and read stories.

Truth is, the closer a guy and a girl get in their friendship, the more blurred the line that defines platonic from romantic becomes. You do not feel like kissing an enemy, you’re not comfortable when your body touches that of a much disliked colleague in a car or cramped room. You actually can’t stand being in the same room with them. Right?

Now, what about that friend of yours? With them its different. You can hold hands, slap each other on the back playfully, share foods and drinks, eat from the same plate, and some more. Thats your friend. What about your Best friend? That one person you can share almost everything with secrets, ideas, gossip, you trust them, name it. The closer you get, the more relaxed you become in the presence of each other. You put your guard down. There are no secrets, nothing to hide.

Now, lets make this friend someone of the opposite sex. Of course they still share everything with you and more, they can sleepover at your place, they have seen you shirtless, in your briefs, or your bra and pants. You dont mind because they dont mind too. There isnt that sexual tension between you two. She probably knows you’re large down there or not, of course you mentioned it to her as the reason your girlfriend left you or the reason she could never leave you. Maybe she even knows you suffer from premature ejaculation and bla bla bla, because you had once asked her opinion on guys who lasted too long in the act or those who blew just as soon as they started. She knows these things, shes your best friend and confidant. She dresses in front of you, you in front of her. Youve snuggled with her at times when it got too cold or that time when she just had a break up. Nothing to it, after all you are friends, best friends.

Ladies, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you know that wonderful male friend who offers you a shoulder to cry on or company when you can’t get a date on a Saturday night?
The one you are absolutely certain has no sexual interest in you whatsoever?
That man is a liar. That man is a cheat.
He is a con man guilty of friendship fraud. I know this because that man is me. And he’s every other man, too.

– Kwasi Addai Mununkum

But then, arent we just a bundle of Cells, Neurons, DNA, and a Tank-full of Hormones? Humans. We are mostly controlled by these things. And thanks to our senses Touch, Feel, Sight, Smell, Taste and the ability to imagine, dream, think and desire, we can always say, well, Im only human.
[SMELL]

So, one day, youre both on a motor cycle or in a bus and the wind blows her hair in your face, the smell of her shampoo wafts into your nose. She smells nice – like vanilla.

[TOUCH]

You inhale deeply, and reach to push her hair away from your eyes, her hair is silky and smooth to the touch, and you let your hand linger in her hair longer than it should take to push them away.

[FEEL]

Now as you get down from the motorbike bus, she stumbles, you reach out and catch her. She holds on to you firmly for support and for the first time, you feel the softness of her body so firmly pressed against yours. You never knew she was this tender, you didnt know she had this smoothness and that full breast.

[HORMONES]

And all these while, the chemicals are flooding your body, sending messages to your brains, sending signals.

[NEURONES]

Your brain is receiving, sending, and translating signals and impulses. Poor You! Youre... Continue reading @ https://scotfreesite./2016/09/07/that-guy-and-that-girl-can-they-really-just-be-best-friends/

1 Share

Re: Can A Guy And A Girl Really Just Be Best Friends? By Paul (scotfree) by petrov10: 6:51am On Sep 09, 2016
lol as in
I would say I have lots of pet chickens grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wat Wud U Do If Ur Spouse Made Luv With Her Manager To Get U A Good Paying Job? / Boys- How To Stop Prematured Release And Last Longer In Bed Naturally / This Story Happened At Abuja In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.