Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? (26387 Views)

How Much Does EMS Nigeria Speedpost Delivery Nationwide Cost? / Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2007
scammed:

Hey Naijacutee! Thank you for your advice. I'm looking for an electronics supplier but finding out that alot of them are scammers sitting in a black room taking people's money. I would like to find something to start selling on Ebay. Any suggestions? smiley

Sure. Do you want a dropshipping service, (you list your products on eBay, someone buys them, and the wholesaler ships direct to your customer) or do you want to stock your products at home? Since you are starting out, I think it would be both cost-effective and labour-effective as well to use a dropshipper. You won't have to wait for your orders to come, list your items, then repackage, then post. Also from experience, I can tell you that when your goods arrive at your country, depending on the size of the package, the customs people eye it for VAT. On the other hand, if you used a dropshipper, once your item sells, you forward the payment to your supplier (most suppliers use bank transfer and Western Union : Bank transfer - Too long : Negative feedback, Western Union - Too expensive)

I know of a company that offers both services.They wholesale, dropship, accept Paypal and sell electronics like mp3 players, GPS, digital cameras, car roof monitors, headrest monitors, in car DVD players, digital cameras, external hard drives, computer accessories, baby monitors with cameras attached etc. . . I think they are quite good and they have competitive prices as well. For example, they sell in-car head-rest monitors for as low as $62. I don't know if that is good for you but I can recommend them anyday because they accept Paypal as well (which not very many Chinese companies do) so if you are in disagreement with anything, you can file a claim with Paypal and get your money back.  Besides that, it's FREE to send money. . .For example, this roof monitor goes for as low as $85 USD

[contact details removed due to scammerphobia]

And these baby monitors with cameras go for as low as $96

[contact details removed due to scammerphobia]

Just have a look at them. I think they are the perfect place to start for anyone starting on on eBay, and because they use Paypal, they are very convienient.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by scammed(f): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2007
Thank you for your information. I wish there were more people like you out there. Well, if it becomes successful, I will always remember your advice you gave me. I am looking into dropshipping due to funds that I lost with cheaters in the past. cry I would like to keep in touch with you with your personal email if you don't mind.
Again, thank you for your kind words and encouragement because it was going nowhere with me since it seems to be so hard to get advice from other seller due to this competitive world.
Best Regards, cheesy
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by scammed(f): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2007
Hey Najicutee, I was talking to one of the other victims that was cheated from the same company I was and he had mentioned that China is not authorized to sell ipods, Sony, etc. Therefore, are all fake electronics. Have you heard of this? Thanx
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2007
Hiya, you're most welcome. Well I hope the information I have given you proves useful. It makes sense about it being hard to get authentic supplier information due to competition etc. It's like revealing your source of income to everyone. No one does that! (Unless there is something in it for them.)

I don't get it about China not being reliable for getting suppliers for ipods and Sony products, cos that's where their factories are! You just need to know the right people and you won't get fake items. I have personally tried some Chinese suppliers out with ipods and they were 100% original products, manufactured in China and assembled in Canada. The only problem,i(f any) that I encountered was that the navigation on the player etc was in chinese. However if you have an english copy of Itunes software on your computer (can download it from the Apple website) just plug the ipod in for a couple of minutes, so it can dock with your pc, that automatically changes it to English. All these things come with experience along the way. . . I'm happy to share any information you may need so if you find yourself in any sticky situation at anytime, feel free to contact me, ok.

Take care, and be careful out there smiley
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by 8oracle(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2007
Yes go ahead, it worked for me on two conservative occasions whereby i used their service to send two parcels one to Russia,and the other to Norway.
Cheap too! compare DHL,UPS N18900 EMS N7850 same parcel of Ikg in weight.
Tips, make sure you register your parcel on Mondays.if it will be going outside the country,parcels leaves evry Wednesdays or there before
2 Write out the destination address by yourself clearly.
3 The EMS is a worldwide post offices courier format obtainable where main post office exists, Not a Nigeria Stuff
4 Your parcels are covered by insurance
5 You can track your parcel online,if you know how to go about like DHL etc
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2007
8oracle:

Yes go ahead, it worked for me on two conservative occasions whereby i used their service to send two parcels one to Russia,and the other to Norway.
Cheap too! compare DHL,UPS N18900 EMS N7850 same parcel of Ikg in weight.
Tips, make sure you register your parcel on Mondays.if it will be going outside the country,parcels leaves evry Wednesdays or there before
2 Write out the destination address by yourself clearly.
3 The EMS is a worldwide post offices courier format obtainable where main post office exists, Not a Nigeria Stuff
4 Your parcels are covered by insurance
5 You can track your parcel online,if you know how to go about like DHL etc

WOW. I'm surprised that you send stuff to Norway from Nigeria!. I've always had the impression that Norway-Nigeria links are pretty severed.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by 8oracle(m): 12:06am On Jan 11, 2007
Naijacutee: My parcel was delivered precisly to the sea port city of Molde. Might be your person in Norway went there with oluwole papers, and find it difficult to move freely about in town, ccross check.
EMS has a global network, Our own Nipost convinced me.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 5:07am On Jan 11, 2007
hahahaha. . . Don't worry, my person there is a Norwegian citizen. Norway is a small country of 4 million people - each which have a social security number, instantly verifiable by government computers so it would be hard for Mr. Oluwole to thrive in there.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by 8oracle(m): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2007
Might have to speak to the post master general, if he happens to be available. Sweet Warm Girlie!
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by MyPeace(f): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2007
Why talk about only DHL, EMS AND UPS.

There are other efficient courier coys that offer efficient and cheaper courier services both locally and interntionally.

e.g TRANEX, TRANEX was formerly know as TNT-Skypak Nig Ltd. Because of the new name, many people dont seem to know them. I bet you TRANEX will give you service quality for your money. It has a track and trace facility. for more information visit www.tranex-ng.com
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by damindo: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2007
Hello,

Its sad that i can not get till now my document posted through this company on sartuday from Onitsha, Nigeria to Germany. I tried to track it through the track system but only got the information that it left Nigeria on Monday by 17.00hours and till today Wednesday  1pm , i am yet to get any information, even  i sent a fax to the company but still no reply.
   Can sombody help me as it is almost late for the need of the document,  and i am totally confussed on what to do,
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by lababe2(f): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
well its nice hearing about the current improvements in the nigerian postal system, but i would like to know if it is safe to post certain commodities like gold jewelries? tanx undecided
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by MyPeace(f): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2007
@ damindo, which courier company is that?

@la babe

No you cant post jewelries, customs officials will seize it.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by Bigz: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2007
Folks do you Americans watch the News at all? Why will any body want to do any Business with a Nigerian Company online.? Folks Beware of Internet Business with nigerians because the will Scam you. This scam is commonly refered to as 419 which is the nigerian criminal code for fraud. Pleease educate yourselfs. CNN and ABC news have done countless programs on these Scams and yet people still fall for them. Nigeria is not a place for any cheap electronics. As matter of fact Used ones are sold there for hundreds of dollars so please unless it is oil nothing else from nigeria is worth buying. Be ware you have been worn.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by TopeFl(m): 3:56am On Apr 07, 2007
Another $6 Scam. Haba Nigerians why cant we just be straight? Na wa OO
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by Seun(m): 11:04pm On May 13, 2007
My experience with EMS Speedpost was mixed. They were unable to locate my place of residence.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by daking: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2007
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my GODDDDDDDDDDDDD people i wish i seen this page before i did what i just did first off let me put this in the message so it come up when the blog are read on google. ALBERT REMMY is a Fraud Name and Paul and this is not a real company http://www.mobyledoomz.com/ dont do any business with them they are so fake i order small order of phone from them. I read this blog after so i new what was going on with them so i asked is this going to happen to me they are like no. 3 hours later i get a email for a fake EMS company web site http://www.emslink-delivery.com/ another fake they made them self i guess. This is the so crazy i order 5 phone for about $450 sent the money, they seem real they email me the tracking number, and gave me the web site http://www.emslink-delivery.com/ to go to and at the site i put in my tracking number and zip code and my account info came up right and that it was on it way. After reading this page i knew i was not getting nothing from them. The only good thing that i did do is i pay westen Union with my Credit Card so i get the money back but i thank you because i would have put the 150 to the fake custom agent Hopong Law
a fake scammer if you see that name Run!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all i hope i was able to help EVERYONE/ANYONE. But before i go i did contact EMS and they are able to close down the fake site i hope
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by toplen: 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2007
NIPOST EMS Speedpost
I did not buy anything from the website, the mistake i made was to allow my friend send me goods worth a $1000 through EMS Speedpost and not through FEDEX or UPS,though they are expensive but reliable, you can track them but EMS Speedpost is a complete headache since the 24th of July that EMS Speedpost said my goods left Nigeria for USA,I haven't got it till now and moreso the track and trace they put on is dumb,the only thing that is there is the day it left Nigeria unlike other postal agency that will give you up to date information, i just pray Nigerian postal services haven't shown me their true colors by stealing my product, i can't even sue them,who will i sue? I am having headache 24/7 waiting at my door for the bell to ring, has any one gone through this same problem? please tell me what you did, i am tired of calling them at their office, it is either they can't transfer me to customer service due to lack of electricity or they have to log on to the internet, its really shameful, i feel so ashamed to say i come from that country,i don't know what is going on? i don't know who to blame, the leaders or the workers? Nigeria is getting worse by the minute not by the day.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 12:58am On Aug 09, 2007
@ daking.

This sort of behavious infuriates me. I have just sent an e-mail to the people who are protecting the IP address and personal details of the person behind ems-delivery.com. I will keep you posted when I get a response.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by mmb(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2007
they are good.they once delivered to me a letter while in nysc orientation camp in abia within 3 days
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by edusegzy(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2007
@everyone
how much does it cost to post a document to the usa and the uk repectively
thnks
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2007
I've just got a response from the IP Security Guards of emslink-delivery.com. Here is what they had to say :

Hello,

The domain name "EMSLINK-DELIVERY.COM" has been enabled with a Privacy Protect service which disables the Registrants actual details to be displayed in the whois of the domain name.

However to contact the Domain owner, you need to fill up the form listed at http://privacyprotect.org/

Fill up the form listed under "Contact Domain Owner" and if you do not receive a legitimate response from the domain owner, you can fill up the form listed under "Request Domain Owner Contact Info".

Also note that the problem that you have brought to our notice needs to be filed with the Registrar of the domain name. Find below the Registrar deails for the domain name "EMSLINK-DELIVERY.COM" as per http://port43whois.com/index.php

Domain Name: EMSLINK-DELIVERY.COM
Registrar: ESTDOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.estdomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.estdomains.com

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

PrivacyProtect.org Abuse Desk

Email sent to estdomains.com smiley

Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by shopkraft(f): 6:09am On Sep 02, 2007
@naijacutee,

Do you mind if I send you email, there is info I'll like to ask you.

Let me know if its okay

thanks.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2007
Go for it, shopkraft! My address is in my profile.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2007
**UPDATE** Web page has been closed down. One scamming site less than before. Please lets report these more often, as we can do something about it.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by gbengaijot(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2007
Naijacutee, Thats one scammer site less, U did the job, great idea
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by naijacutee(f): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2007
Hey gbengaijot!! It's been ages man. . .  We need to talk!
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by gbengaijot(m): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2007
Do buzz me when you are online.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2008
I am working on a petition against NIPOST/EMS for the cases where people are asked to pay some extra money under the table to be able to pick up there packages/mail and I was wondering if any of you who have had issues of this kind with the company would like to sign my petition ?? I intend to submit it to the ICPC and also submit a copy to the EFCC. To Fight corruption in Nigeria , we the people need to get involved to some extent and this is a good way to get your complaint heard by the right authorities.

I myself have had to tolerate this for too long and since we already know that we have forces that are working to get things cleaned up now, it will be a good move to actually join the fight and let them know that we are behind them and at the same time get our voices heard. This is 2008, a year in which we can effect the crime situation in that country in a big way by simply taking advantage of what is being offered to us now to our advantage.

If you are interested please contact me at KoboJunkie@Gmail.com

1 Like

Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by Talk2doy: 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
I find this thread very interesting to read.
In my opinion however, i foresee Nigeria having a strong online business going for them in the near future. Too bad there are lots of negative experiences, i believe they will emerge from it and take things to the next level, it definitely can't be that bad forever. So whilst most people see: FRAUD, SCAM, BEWARE, etc, let's not forget that there are un-mined 'gold' with a great potential.
I do agree people should be more careful and do their own research before going forward with any business online especially when it comes to money. The downside to this is that legitimate business gets affected by it as well. So maybe people should give those doing legitimate business a chance.
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by rasputinn(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2009
EMS speedwhat?
Are they still in existence
Re: NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? by itbaby1: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2009
talking about NIPOST Ems , does anyone know if i can possibly ship 32kg of used bags (okirika) from Nigeria to UK through EMS .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Bank That Operates The Best Kiddies' Account. / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari / WEMA Bank: Your Naira Card Is Now Your Global Passport!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.