Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. (60144 Views)

10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked. / The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by johnbuck81(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
freshcvvs:

Freaking liar, you won't go far with lying! embarassed
u r blinded by the truth jux because u voted for that dullard.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Ugosample(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
johnbuck81:
ok, gimme d right figure then.d truth is that tinz r getting out of hand under this govt.

The government has been doing a lot of wrong things, and to be honest, I never supported this government from day one.

But we should not support our arguments with fallacious figures.
Instead let's do that with FACTS on the ground.
That js what is done in most developed countries.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
The only people who enjoy Nigeria are those that got us into this mess: leaders!You lie in your bed just the way you made it.We're reaping the dividend of corruption.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Amah70: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ugosample:

I get your point.
But the problem is that this is Africa, that has over 2000 languages and people.
Based on that logic, it means Africa has to split into at least 1500 countries which would be too small to assert its influence on the world stage.
You talk of France, U.K., Germany, USA etc these countries are over 60 million people, and they were not always the way they are currently. If you know history, then you will understand what I mean.
But how many African tribes have up to 60 million people?
That is why for countries to thrive in Africa, there has to be some intersection, and for these countries to work, the structure has to be good, which unfortunately, most African countries are not.
If we can adopt the Switzerland model, I think African countries can work too, because The Swiss people are not homogenous, but because of the system, they are progressing.
Even Canada too, the same thing

You still don't get it:

There are three balanced and highly-populated most major ethnic groups located in their diffeeent areas of Nigeria. Each of the three groups has its value systems different from the others. That makes country Nigeria unique, different from many multi-ethnic countries that work.

For example, ethnic groups' refusal to incline or adopt to a new culture:
1; official language in Nigeria is English, but more than half of the population of large northern Nigeria don't speak English language. Politicians from the far-north have to do political campaign in Hausa language. But Nigeria has English as official language aimed to bring its diverse lingual groups together.

2; the religious and cultural pursuits of most of the people in far northern Nigeria are counter to what is obtained in most of southern Nigeria. Most of the southern people that used to live in northern Nigeria had been forced to flee northern Nigeria due to sharia criminal laws and Boko Haram violence.
That has given northern Nigeria Muslims their new enclave to practice their religious faith and culture without much interference from rest of Nigeria.
Only two of the three major ethnic groups that have little intersection are Yoruba and Igbo. You now have your blissful one Nigeria where hardlyany one from the South of Nigeria can happily go to settle in the vast lands of northetn Nigeria.
So how on earth do you expect country Nigeria to ever function, as the intersection of its peoples are increasingly severed in the vast northern section of Nigeria?

The Switzerland: at the beginning, representatives of the three major ethnic groups in Switzerland - Italian, French and German - met, and agreed on a formula to guide coexistence and governance in Switzerland. In Nigeria, military force is the language for negotiations.

Your next suggestion to make Nigeria work is let us change our attitude. How do you bring attitude change among Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by jamex93(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
I am disapointed, was expecting to see my dear country among the first 50... Only to be disapointed
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Dshocker(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordkylie:
Off to find german passport

Easy way out=find an old german papa to get married to.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Lordkylie(f): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Dshocker:

Easy way out=find an old german papa to get married to.
nah i only do young guys tanchu!
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Dshocker(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordkylie:
nah i only do young guys tanchu!

I dey tell you the easiest way out...If you follow any young german guy your kitty cat go suffer violence ooh grin
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Damfostopper(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
countries from number 99 down are boko haram n terrorist countries... who wan allow them enter dia country
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Malayy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordkylie:
Off to find german passport
babe.. am a German. let's get married.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Lordkylie(f): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Malayy:
babe.. am a German. let's get married.
proof or you know the rest
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Malayy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordkylie:
proof or you know the rest
send me your number.. pm me
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Lordkylie(f): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
Malayy:
send me your number.. pm me
mbanu we'll do it on nl
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Malayy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lordkylie:
mbanu we'll do it on nl
Lee kwanu this girl.. lol.. carry your wahala dey go..
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 11, 2016
Nigeria had a few privileges until 2009, with my virgin passport, I could go to Singapore visa free, until drug smuggling and overstaying spoilt the privilege, I could also go to Switzerland with my UK visa on it but now no more. Now with Buhari in power, we might apply for visa to Cotonou if care is not taken.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by donvat1(m): 7:15am On Sep 11, 2016
kenyatalk:
Go die far please... Regards kenya.
come not here to infect me with thy wretched life. where is that my Kenya dye? let me dye this jeans called "kenyatalk"
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by no1madman(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2016
Lordkylie:
your watery sperm like akamu that is not well prepared?I'll pass,thanks but no thanks!
u don't even know who i am. . i get correct spermmm. ..quality and quantity wise. . . .oyato!
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Ugosample(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
Nigeria had a few privileges until 2009, with my virgin passport, I could go to Singapore visa free, until drug smuggling and overstaying spoilt the privilege, I could also go to Switzerland with my UK visa on it but now no more. Now with Buhari in power, we might apply for visa to Cotonou if care is not taken.

So to a large extent, we Nigerians spoilt things for ourselves.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ugosample:

So to a large extent, we Nigerians spoilt things for ourselves.

Gospel and bitter truth.
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Ugosample(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Gospel and bitter truth.

We have this unique penchant as Nigerians to always exploit and manipulate things and privileges, thinking the other party is not smart.
Now these countries have imposed restrictions, who ksbthe smart person
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by kenyatalk: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2016
donvat1:

come not here to infect me with thy wretched life.
where is that my Kenya dye? let me dye this jeans called "kenyatalk"
Dude it's die not dye.... Kapish??
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by SonOFaGun(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=Donald3d post=49222370]All the happenings in Nigeria is really taking a toll on us even psychologically, i am a patriotic Nigerian but would you believe i just scrolled down to about number 50 without checking the ones above, and started looking for Nigeria from there,i became conscious of my subconscious condescending action thereafter.We really all have to change our thinking towards our dear country and one another regardless of tribe or religion,its one of the first steps in making this country great again .i believe we would get there.As a man thinketh so is he, a house that is divided cannot stand.God bless us all and God bless Nigeria.[/quote
]

Just read your comment now , you really sensible , Nigerians should change their attitude and approach to anything that's got to do with our mother land , u wouldn't hear Americans or Britons speak ill of their country the way we do , if we all could just change , this country would be better
Re: Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. by Ugosample(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
pippimp:

God bless you jare for that post. These oyibo people are just crazy. In fact they are evil. Can you imagine advising us to be bribing policemen everyday, dumping refuse on the streets, killing suspects by burning them on our streets, looting our treasury blind, depending on only one source of revenue for over 50 years, etc. I wonder what kind of people these oyibo people are? Thank God we don't do these things if not we would be in serious trouble now. Only useless idiotic people would do any of those things. We are smarter than that. Thank God for our "great" Nation.

Your level of sarcasm tho grin grin

Very hilarious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.