Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,295 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

7 Things Successful Women Never Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Things Successful Women Never Do (383 Views)

Eugene Anenih: 7 Things You Need To Know About Late Son Of PDP Chieftain / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump / 7 Things Abubakar Shekau Said In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Successful Women Never Do by bookspen(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2016
7 Things Successful Women Never Do

1. Successful Women Never Ignore Their Fears

If you want to move up, and ahead, you need to confront your fears head-on. Never waste valuable energy trying to avoid them; instead, use mental toughness to manage your thoughts, emotions, and behavior in ways that will set you up for success in business and life.
Recommended by Forbes
Suppressing a negative feeling only gives it more power, fueling our fears and slowing us down. In fact, trying to control what we fear will increase the likelihood it will happen.

2. Successful Women Never Run From Conflict

As a female FBI agent, I got burned by conflict, criticism, and unfairness—just like everyone else. The difference is that I did not cower into accommodating others to avoid enduring those negative feelings again.

People who shy away from conflict assume that conflict always looks aggressive, overbearing, and disrespectful. This is not true because conflict can camouflage itself in many forms. We need to be alert for any behavior from others that is attempting to manipulate our emotions or thoughts. Once we recognize conflict for what it is, we make a choice on how we respond to it, rather than react out of fear or ignorance.

3. Successful Women Never Listen To Their Inner Critic

I needed to nip that inner critic in the bud and eliminate inner voices of doubt and anxiety. I did this by choosing to focus my attention on positive feedback and constructive criticism—limited as it might be at times.

Mental toughness is being able to control how your mind thinks, rather than letting your mind control you. The key is learning how to manage your emotions with self-talk and using the right (and positive) words when controlling your thoughts. >>READ MORE HERE<<

Re: 7 Things Successful Women Never Do by agwom(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Save Executive From Disaster On Economy As Concerns Grow / Pics:ambode And Buhari Arrives New York For 71st United Nations General Assembly / GOOD NEWS! Borno Schools Re-open After 2 Years Of Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.