Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? (464 Views)

Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by Poliporpor(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
After an argument in church resulting from “calling me mommy” and “I am older than you”, I have been having this curiosity, why are pastors now called “Daddy” and their wives “mummy?” personally, I do not believe that it is right to address a pastor as “Daddy”. Like pastor is not enough respect to someone who teaches the Bible? Jesus was called Teacher and not Daddy. Is there any bible verse to wrong my thought or are we now adopting our own style of Christianity? Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven
https://www.nairaland.com/3340626/why-pastors-wives-called-daddy
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by villareal15(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Cos we're Nigerians; highly religious but unGodly people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by daveP(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
1) Cos the parental system in the church has collapsed.

2) human praise than Godly reverence.

3) Even those with the title 'reverend' or 'most reverend' also. That Title belongs only to God.

4) it's an upgrade from the father in tha Lord syndrome.

Some will still come here to argue cos it just looks cool to them.
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by Poliporpor(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
cool. see it was an argument in my church recently. an elderly woman said she cannot call the small girl way she watch grow for her eyes mummy. Them begin day attack her for church. why would a pastor's wife even demand for it at all? and for those being called, cant they refuse it? i no be daddy oh, call me pastor Stanley. This thing don tire me. people day dodge the question but nairaland don suffer for my hand. dem no wan put am from frontpage but i go worry them. cos na all these criminals way day comment for nairaland so na day torment poor people for church
daveP:
1) Cos the parental system in the church has collapsed.

2) human praise than Godly reverence.

3) Even those with the title 'reverend' or 'most reverend' also. That Title belongs only to God.

4) it's an upgrade from the father in tha Lord syndrome.

Some will still come here to argue cos it just looks cool to them.
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by lalasticlala(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2016

(1)

What Is Your Best Christian Movie Of All Time? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(wed. 02/11/2016) / Sunday Reflections-the Reality Of The Resurrection Of The Dead-life After Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.