Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala (2029 Views)

Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
Wetin concern African man concern Abraham?
Who Jeremiah and Isaiah help?
Wetin concern Jericho and Jerusalem matter with African man?

How can an African verify the fallibility of a book that isn't about him, wasn't written by him nor addressed to him? Show me the cities of Onitsha, Cape Town, Accra, Owerri, Lagos, Kigali in the Bible. Don't you have your own books to discuss? cry cry cry

When will you ever use your brain to reason ? When? Its called Christianity and its any human's prerogative to become an adherent of any religion he wants . You are an atheist- what you got from the white man - and not a worshiper of african gods . So if you ever begin to use your brain to reason -which I stongly doubt you would - you'll dump atheism which you got from the white man and become a worshiper of african/Nigerian gods and a purveyor of the teachings contained in their holy books .

So stop talking foolishly , dump atheism and become a pagan !
Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by Caseless: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
NPComplete:
Most people know the bible isn't infallible. Considering it is replete with contradiction and historical inaccuracies. And that's to be expected from a compendium arranged by Bronze Age goat-herders who weren't counting on a more informed demographic reading their works.
Even those that like to believe it's infallible usually do so out of fear that fallibility impugns their faith. They will shout to high heavens about the inerrancy of the Bible but they are guilty of cherrypicking parts of the book they are only convenient with.
Take the issue of women's role in churches for instance, the bible makes it very clear what women should do in church: shut the hell up and listen. Be quite the silent minion. But our modern Christians will not obey that one. U see pastors' wives running the show.
Take the old testament law of tithing and planting two different kind of seeds on the same land as another example. Modern Christians will hold on to tithing but quickly reject the notion of not planting different seeds on ur farmland due to smarter agricultural practices we now have today.
The truth is that Nigerian Christians are clowns. Just clowns. Nothing else.
you have spoken so well , but the last line is the upper cut .
Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by Caseless: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2016
Redoil:
Caseless ur case don pass buhari case. A muslim like you posting invectives and lies about the bible by a drunk author. It is well
redoil , face the issue at hand and , not me.
Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by sonofluc1fer: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

religion he wants . [b]You are an atheist- what you got from the white man -!
Usually, I'd ignore you, but you're a man who's become skilled at peddling misinformation. You are a very ignorant human being - it's a strong reason you're a Christian. Your ignorance keeps you in Abraham's bosom.

Atheism isn't a white man 'theology'. Hinduism, a religion older than Christianity and Islam, recognizes atheism as a path to God. Read beyond the Bible, young man. You have lots of potential to be useful to yourself. Have a nice Sunday.

Nice way to distract from the topic, btw. How can a black man attempt to verify a book that wasn't written on his continent, by authors who never spoke his language or even had any idea about his existence -- that was my point. But as usual....

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by PastorAIO: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
The biggest problem posed by these revelations of biblical fallibility lies in the fact that for the last 6 or so centuries there has been a massive protestant schism in christianity.

These protestants in an attempt to discredit the authority of the christian church have shifted the authority unto the text of the bible.

Subsequently any flaws in the bible will mean that the fundamentals of their religion is flawed. This is the crux of the problem.

It's a form of torture to expose the contradictions in the bible to them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Usually, I'd ignore you, but you're a man who's become skilled at peddling misinformation. You are a very ignorant human being - it's a strong reason you're a Christian. Your ignorance keeps you in Abraham's bosom.

Atheism isn't a white man 'theology'. Hinduism, a religion older than Christianity and Islam, recognizes atheism as a path to God.
Read beyond the Bible, young man. You have lots of potential to be useful to yourself. Have a nice Sunday.

Nice way to distract from the topic, btw. How can a black man attempt to verify a book that wasn't written on his continent, by authors who never spoke his language or even had any idea about his existence -- that was my point. But as usual....

You are finished ! You are so ignorant and misinformed that you don't even know when you embarrass yourself in public . Did Hinduism which you claim recognizes atheism as a path to God originate from Africa ? Atheism is foreign , same as Christianity whose holy book and principles you denigrate ! So if you denigrate Christianity , do so for atheism - both are foreign . And when I say 'white man' , I mean its foreign , genius undecided

If you want your jeremiads against the white man's religion to be taken seriously become a pagan - a worshiper of African gods . How is this difficult to understand .

And in case you don't know , the Israel of the ancient times were dark skinned and some tribes in Africa claim to be members of the lost tribes of Israel .

Go back to school or use common sense !
Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by otubujohn(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Caseless:
counter him with a superior argument.
You are not far from correct. But however, I am sorry, I would refuse to oblige. I believe that the Bible should not be a subject of argument.
As I have mentioned a while ago, the understanding and knowledge from argument and philosophies is limited, sub standard when talking about the Holy Book. One need seek the Holy spirit to "help" our infirmities.

It is one of my expectations, that in taking time out of my rather tight schedules, I have made sense.
Re: The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala by sonofluc1fer: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thoughts About Song Of Solomon — Keep Your Relationship Aglow / What Do You Understand By The Trinity? / Naked Witches Caught Munching On Deer Carcass In Bizarre Security Cam Footage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.