Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. (2317 Views)

Boy Killed By Heavy Flood In Suleja (Graphic Photos) / Man Transported Himself With Canoe In Ikoyi Due To The Flood. Photos / Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 8:43am On Sep 11, 2016
It rained for about 3hours yesterday evening 10th September, 2016 and hundreds of travellers/motorists plying Ondo/Itanla/Akure road stood still and stranded for several hours because of the flood.

Add yours if you capture any yesterday.
cc: Nairalanders, Ondo branch.

1 Share

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2016
The road is free now.

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2016
The level.

1 Share

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2016
More.

1 Share

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by agwom(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2016
Chai!
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by hahn(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2016
As far as Nigerians are, things have gone back to normal.

Till the next time it rains heavily undecided

1 Like

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2016

1 Share

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by oloriayomartins: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2016
As if notin happened on the road.imagine.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2016
The car was underwater few hours ago.

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2016
The castle of mercy.

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2016
hahn:
As far as Nigerians are, things have gone back to normal.

Till the next time it rains heavily undecided

Na so bro, the way we adapt to situations ehn. Most of them were preparing for church when taking these shots like nothing has happened. This isn't the first time though.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by hahn(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2016
Explorers:

Na so bro, the way we adapt to situations ehn. Most of them were preparing for church when taking these shots like nothing has happened. This isn't the first time though.

Of course this isn't the first time. I have been experiencing floods since I was a little child but no one seems to want to point out the problem.

We have poor drainage systems. Simple.

And someone was saying on the other thread that it is as a result of the dam being "opened". See as some people take daft reach for this country?

If we cannot properly figure out or admit the problem, we will never be able to find a solution.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2016
They have to dry this thing and the cables in the sun for two weeks before they power it.

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by EzeNri(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2016
See pesin Capital. After them go the form sophistication.

1 Like

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Emempaul(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2016
hahn:

Of course this isn't the first time. I have been experiencing floods since I was a little child but no one seems to want to point out the problem.

We have poor drainage systems. Simple.

And someone was saying on the other thread that it is as a result of the dam being "opened". See as some people take daft reach for this country?

If we cannot properly figure out or admit the problem, we will never be able to find a solution.

undecided
as i daft reach i get brain pass u cos i listen to nimet forecast of the imminent flood n its cause

i dont knw y sum peeps behave like idiots n fools sometimes

fine poor drainage plays a part in dis but no amount of sofitication can stop floods especially ones caused by either dams overflowing or d release of excess water from them
the best that can b done is
1. Dis water had its natural channel b4 developement blocked dem so. Find alternative natural routes for d water and flooding stops
2. Advance warning and evac can b of tremendious help
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Aviero: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Emempaul:

as i daft reach i get brain pass u cos i listen to nimet forecast of the imminent flood n its cause

fine poor drainage plays a part in dis but no amount of sofitication can stop floods especially ones caused by either dams overflowing or d release of excess water from them
1. Dis water had its natural channel b4 developement blocked dem so. Find alternative natural routes for d water and flooding stops
LOL grin grin

You're dafter than the other guy. The other guy is daft sha but he get brain pass you. But don't worry, you get brain pass the person that commented before you. He's the daftest person on Nairaland.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
EzeNri:

That's not the capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by hahn(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Emempaul:

So, you mean it is only during raining season that the dams are opened?
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by gebest: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
explorers welldone, epele o
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by walemoney007(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
EzeNri:
how old are you? Little kids have taking over nairaland...am sure you will be between the age of 15 and 17,so you should know the capital of every Nigerian state by now.....akure is the capital of ondo state,that's ondo town,and the place on the pic don they exist before the creation of ondo state....thats not even 2% of ondo town

1 Like

Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
walemoney007:
how old are you? Little kids have taking over nairaland...am sure you will be between the age of 15 and 17,so you should know the capital of every Nigerian state by now.....akure is the capital of ondo state,that's ondo town,and the place on the pic don they exist before the creation of ondo state....thats not even 2% of ondo town

Na mistake bro, d bros no no.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by ademusiwa11a: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=28pt]you have to have the right drainage system. city are plan. because you people dont build road well. there is no single road in nigeria that is well built. no single road.

the military most be in every local government in Western nigeria.

you people are paying the military , police and paying the civilian at the same time. killing tax payers. if you have the military there. you people are only paying one group. [/size]
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by tk4rd: 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
You Guys are really living in HELL-WATER ... Imagine this submerged transformer and the other submerged Car..
Explorers:
They have to dry this thing , and the cables in the sun for two weeks before they power it.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Explorers(m): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
gebest:
explorers welldone, epele o

Wo se o....
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Ximonak: 10:19am On Sep 15, 2016
Explorers:
The car was underwater few hours ago.
After seeing that ref car and the level of the water during the flood. I concluded that this Is not just rain flood but a dam nearby too.

remember during raining season if the water is too much for the dam to hold, they will let out more water than normal, but they will warn those living at the routes that the river or water current do pass through.
Re: During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday. by Junaknoni(m): 1:07am On Sep 16, 2016
explorer,so u are in this same town with me,we need to meet bro!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Enugu In Frenzy As Protest For Jonathan Rocks City (photo) / We Did Not Plan To Wipe Out Igbos – Obasanjo / Secession:i Challenge Nnamdi Kanu To Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.