Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. (11003 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Set To Suspend Strike This Week / NANS Begins Facility Tour Of Universities, Urges ASUU To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by mrofficial(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
UME Results  is out, all candidates are to register online on the university website www.unad.edu.ng not later than Midnight on Saturday, 12th September, 2009.  Click here to read more

ATTENTION! POST UME/DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES:It has become incubent to postpone till further notice the conduct of the 2009/2010 Post-UME Screening exercise ealier slated for Wednesday, 16th and Thursday 17th of September, 20009. This postponement is due to circumstances beyond the control of the University. Read more

Visit the home page to see: www.unad.edu.ng

You can imagine a stupid mistake on UNAD site "20009" and still there till now.

sad
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by iykedare(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
[size=16pt]breaking news--strike continues[/size]
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Feraz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2009
I don't blame ASUU. They are fighting for what is supposed 2 b. U go 2 d supposed fed govt uni n c outdated equipments. A student afta graduating goes 2 get work n sees sophisticated equipments which in no way looks lyk what he practiced @ school. How won't they ask 4 someone with 6 years experience? U c students ready 2 go thru d back door 2 get what they want which increases d rot in d educational system. Besides many graduates are really becoming half baked. I heard that d only electron microscope in Nigeria is @ UNN. How true is dat?
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by mikeoscar: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
Shame on Nigeria. My two cousins are in University of Ghana medical school; about to enter their 6th year next month and they will finish before a Nigerian medical student that started before them. Remember their own is 7 years while naija's own is 6 years. They told me the school is uptite and there is continuous power supply in Ghana. The worst is yet to come. See university of Ghana website and compare with any Nigerian university. Shame on us.

@Aloy Emeka,
True, but is it not because they can afford it? Most of the ones left to suffer Prolonged incessant strikes are the ones to bear the consequences plus the rest of them who want to Process transcripts or have get any documentation from the Universities.

It is so paradoxical that for the first time we will have a president who has a post graduate degree, A vice-President with a PhD and a Minister of Education with a PhD and they cannot quickly resolve issues or sympathise with their own constituency.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Dialup(m): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2009
Whaatt!!!!! Y did they even go on strike if two weeks was enough for FG to meet their demands. It's disappointing that ASUU NEC is dancing to FG's deceitful compromise. Anyway if their demands are important they should know what to do to get it, Goodluck, chicken hearts!
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by lawrence83: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
Two weeks?! WTF is wrong with this country, they should rather continue with the strike.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by mikeoscar: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2009
What is the point of suspending the strike for only two weeks  
[b][/b]

@Mr Crackles,
That's because they believe Oshiomole may NOT be able to pull the deal through, so in the likely event of a raw deal, they will just seam-lessly resume the strike business cheesy grin
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by lawrence83: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
mr.official:

Visit the home page to see: www.unad.edu.ng

You can imagine a stupid mistake on UNAD site "20009" and still there till now.

sad
The management of the school is looking into the future,
and moreover is for students that will b coming in for the[b] 20009/20010[/b] session grin grin
dont blame them, na forecast dem de do.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by mrofficial(m): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2009
lawrence83:

The management of the school is looking into the future,
and moreover is for students that will b coming in for the[b] 20009/20010[/b] session grin grin
dont blame them, na forecast dem de do.

LWKMD.

But i no happy sad
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by U1(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
[QUOTE]if it is for only two weeks i will advice you people to continue, because i dont see any reason why i can suspend my job as a (bus conductor) for only two weeks.[/QUOTE]

My guy, me self I dey find work o! The thing be say I no wan do conductor sha.

This people are not serious, why suspend the strike just for 2 weeks? It doesn't make sense.

The most annoying part of it is that organizations dont put all this kind of factors into consideration when they start demanding for a 24years old graduate with five years experience.

Don't mind them. I, for one, knows that there is no way I won't be older than all this 24, 26 years they throw around, I just need to sharpen up and hope on God and not on some employers. undecided sad angry
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by eleshin(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
the strike is yet to be calld off,i realy dnt know where you guys get ur information from.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by tokunegiye(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
see case o! this pple wan take FG play abi watin! only 2 wks ASUU bad,
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by omoboy08(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
wot is d meaning of 2wks, is a total nonsense. dey shd ve make it 1month cos some schs are about 2do der semester exam, UNAD a case study
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by ishimo(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
why is it that the FG is playing with our future ie NIGERIANS FUTURE. they spend uneccessary money on politics but when it comes to education they rubbish themselves pls govt let assu resume their academic execellence
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by 55gal(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hunger want kill dem.They should continue with
the strike,2 wks no make any sense here
.hunger no dey beat government grin
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by sammytb(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
I tink dey re getting somwhere.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by sammytb(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2009
I tink dey re getting somwhere.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by RevT1: 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
its gud to hear this, but i think this no_work no_pay rule is beginig to tell on them seriously. nontheless, its gud news.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
after the two weeks suspension, what next?
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by tokunegiye(m): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2009
guys na so we go dey dey lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by RevT1: 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
Aloy, Aloy, ALoy, how many times did i call you. i can't actually figure out what ue problem is. let me ask u a question, do you think it is every nigerian that can afford to go abroad for education? obviously not, u dont just braodcast on net that ur two cousins are studying abroad. we have a problem on ground in NIGERIA concerning meltdown, and the only solution u can profer is to say "shame on you" to NIGERIA. I am disappointed at u. i am a patriot, i'll rather brainstorm for a good idea than rain down insults.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by slimes(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
The educational system of our once great nation is in chaos. Too bad, nobody is waiting for us to catch up.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by iammodel(m): 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
this is crazy? i've been away from naija since the inception of the strike action. what if the FG do not meet their demands after the 2weeks suspension and the strike resumes again, what will be my fate in naija. someone pls advise me. should i stay back abroad until the strike is completely off or come over to naija since the strike is going to be suspended for 2weeks. one thing is sure, there won't be proper lectures before exams and i dnt wanna miss any.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by lambalamb(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2009
crazy ASUU, they should go to hell! by 2020 am so sure there will be no more ASUU. naija for life
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Okaakoko(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
Somebody please tell me, are NASU and SSANU involved? if ASUU should call off the strike for two weeks, will SSANU and NASU call off their own too? and if they are calling off the strike for only two weeks, i think they should leave us alone and let us continue with the strike. when they are true with their negotiation, say after that two weeks let them completely call it off. how can we resume for 2weeks (say their negotiations were not met) then we will go back home again. i think FG and ASUU should finalise everything first before calling us. thats what i think
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by bolanleodu: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
this is stupid
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by ob2ce(m): 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2009
Two weeks doesn't make sense. I cant go all the way back to school only for them to continue the strike. Do they know what going back to school after soo long involves. They should allow universities to conduct exams first then they can continue the strike if they must from the new session,
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by GodwinT1: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2009
What is wrong with our leaders? is it lack of competency or is that the citezens are to afraid to challenge them.
why? must we take all the bull shit they give us. I challege and caution them if the ongoing strike is not call off latest monday something
very tragic will happen in this country. LETS STOP THEM BEFORE THEY PARISH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEPTEMBER 11 was a warning to the US and a lesson to Nigeria PLEASE LET US LEAN
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by 2klong: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
2 weeks no make any sense nah
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by JijiInc: 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2009
Yeah ASUU wants to call off strike for two weeks, but make we no lie, the no work no pay directive by Govt don hammer the lecturers. E easy to survive without salary for four months.

Na style dem do use call off the strike. Do you want the respected Professors and Doctors to just give in like that. Haba! grin
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
sad sad sad

One Advantage of Private Universities over Public Universities,
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by dipo2much(m): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2009
the 2 weeks suspension could just trun out to be the heading down the same road

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 20 Universities In Africa -only One University From Nigeria?? / YABATECH Departmental Cut-Off Marks 2017/2018 / Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.