Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. (11002 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Set To Suspend Strike This Week / NANS Begins Facility Tour Of Universities, Urges ASUU To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by tulk2tboy: 2:59am On Oct 09, 2009
Only God can help us.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by honsule(m): 3:04am On Oct 09, 2009
tulk2tboy:

Only God can help us.

yes o
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by oge4real(f): 6:56am On Oct 09, 2009
I think most schools will not resume the strike after 2 weeks, even if their demands are not met.So, this is just like the beginning of failure for ASUU, after all the stress they have gone through, without pay.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by excogobs: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2009
it is very sad and disheartning that a nation like nigeria having a former lecturer as her president cannot boast of sound educatonal system with all the various on headlines on unrealistic seven point agenda. it is a shame
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by envee(f): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2009
its totally pointless, !!! Y don't they resolve what they have to do and conclude agreements once and for all,

They feel they can call the shots anyhow like the Nigerian students are some kind of puppets!

The no-work no-pay rule is awesome, !
I love it!
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Dclique(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2009
Unijos said lectures still wouldn't hold.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by otokx(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
The meeting at uniport was not conclusive.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by tokunegiye(m): 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
goo newz
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by nsikis: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
Shame to nigeria

For many months Federal Universities in the country has been shut down, leading students to frustrations. As for Unical just of recent the gates where all locked no one allowed into the universtities. Strike! everywhere.

Nigeria needs CHANGE not change.
And this change can take prior effects if starting from the top (here I mean the leaders).

visit www.pimpthecomputer..com
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by akym(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2009
There are indications that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) might suspend its over three-month old strike today (Friday) as most of its chapters have endorsed a two-week suspension within which the agreement between it and government would be signed.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the union had, Monday, mandated the various chapters to convene a meeting of their congresses to make input into the decision to suspend the strike based on the progress so far made in negotiations.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by akym(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2009
Feelers from the various universities across the country indicate that almost all the chapters were in favour of the suspension of the strike. A high-ranking ASUU source told Vanguard, yesterday, that based on the development, it was almost certain the strike would be called off at today’s meeting.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by djcrucifix(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
if it is for only two weeks i will advice you people to continue, because i dont see any reason why i can suspend my job as a (bus conductor) for only two weeks.

this guy na óde, lol  grin

they had better suspend that thing indefinitely, we dey run-down for hia na!  undecided undecided
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by booberry: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
wat r we supposed 2 do? b happy n resume or wait 4 d govt. 2 react. am still comfused.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by bist: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
may God punish all those ASUU lecturers, na now i don dey enjoy my ASUU vacation wit my BOO na im dey wan cum call of der yeye strike, lol
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by niyidrums(m): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
ASUU DON CALL OFF STRIKE OOO, THANK GOD
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by totalfact(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
Bravo !
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by b0y(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
Abeg go siddon, There's a difference between 'call off' and 'suspend' right now it's only suspended and not outright call off.Moreso,even if ASUU calls off,FG still got three more bodies to contend/negotiate with.Lemme continue de flex with my babe jare.To hell with ASUU!
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by tymdan(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
It is said that: to err is human,and to forgive divine.
In the world today: to be negative is Nigerian,and to be positive other nationalities.
I call on my fellow Great Nigerian students not to give up,lets all work hard no matter the conditions,very soon we'll wrestle power from this "EVIL" POLI"TRICK"CIANS and change our land for good.
After this 2weeks,What next?
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Ighedome(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2009
I just hope government will not fail again after the 2 weeks.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Funtz: 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
lets wait and see wot happens in two weeks, im sure FG ll do wot they know how to do best, DiSaPpOiNt , Mscheeeeeeewww angry
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by sley4life(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
At all at all na witch. At least una go gain small 2 week knowledge then go house go rest
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by Nasogold(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
Did I not say that President Yar'adua is BOKO-HARAM? Tell me why he cannot listen to ASUU and settle this matter once and for all?
He hates western education and I think he was in the campus just for daily bread. Bet me that before students return to school in the next two weeks, the main strike will continue, cos I don't trust Yar'adua.
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by enuguboy: 12:24am On Oct 10, 2009
I just pray that the government will meet their demand because the state of some of our universities are far from average. let the government use the money spent sending their wards abroad for education and improve the standard of education in this country. imagine staying at home for 4years before been admitted and when you are about to start school, you have the strike to face.Just last week one of the engineering students of esut was arrested for kidnap in ebonyi state. it was shown on ait. An idle man is the devils workshop embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: ASUU Branches Votes To Suspend Strike For 2 Weeks. by DrKing(m): 4:50am On Oct 15, 2009
I hope this is NOT to deceive the intellectuals and box us to a corner and lose public support.
Let ASUU/FG fight for whatever , but the truth is that both parties have gotten what I refer
to as the means of production and that's why the Lecturers can call the bluff of FG and do
whatever, What about the "Students" They say where two elephants fight, the grass
suffers. Whatever you are, take your destiny into your hands. God bless u.
Discover How An ASUU Frustrated Student Made Over N224, 000 In 24hrs Automatically!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Webometrics Ranking : Nigeria’s Best 100 Universities (latest) / Best Five Universities In Nigeria To Study Biochemistry As A Course. / 61-year-old Nigerian Woman Bags Degree In Biology (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.