Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! (759 Views)

Google Adsense Banned Me After I Was Balanced $12,285k / I Want To Register Domain Name, Do Registrars Differe / 4 Common Mistakes People Often Make When They Start Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2016
Source:http://www.careercounsel.com/build-a-website-2/

Do you want to build a website for your next project and would like to do it on shoe string budget? Well, this is a good news for you as I would like to show you how I was able to build my website without breaking the bank.

Build a website

Due to current economic situation of the country and as a Nigerian, I wasn’t willing to spend too much because the exchange rate of our local currency to the green back (dollars) would be too high for me when all indices are factored in. So, I opted for the cheapest means that will get the job done and help me create my website.

I wanted to build a website or blog in the news/entertainment niche and when I thought about the cost, it would be on the high side based on current economic indices of Nigeria.

Normally, we would need a domain name (URL) and hosting (web space) for my next project. A standard domain name should cost me $12 at most. A hosting or web space should cost me anywhere from $50 and above per year. If you are an American, you wouldn’t see this as a lot of money but being a Nigerian that I am, being prudent was the smartest way to handle this situation. Just because the country isn’t looking good isn’t a reason to discourage me from getting the job done.

The search begun.

I started by searching for where to acquire a domain name for less than $1. Crazy right? I wasn’t being greedy but just being frugal and boy, did I find what I wanted? Sure I did.

build a website or blog

The domain name (URL) is the first thing that needs to be done or acquired and my searches did yield result. I found a place at 1and1 which allowed me to buy a domain name for as little as $0.99 and when you add tax, you have $1.17.

Isn’t that fair enough? I bet it is.

I have to add that this is for first time customers or first year users.

Head over to 1and1. Their page look like this.

So let’s begin by pseudo registering our first domain name.

In the search bar above where you see check button in yellow, type a domain name that you will like to register. If the domain name is available, proceed to the next stage.

For instance, if we were to register InvestCapitals.com, I would proceed as shown below.

The domain name is available. Therefore hit “Select” button for .com. In the next page, do not click on anything aside “Continue to Cart”

Hit continue in next page as well. Do not add any product to cart.

The next page should be like this

Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2016
You can see “Creat new account” button above, right? Click on it!

When you click on it, you will be taken to the “Billing” page as shown below. Select ‘Personal” and fill the form appropriately.

Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2016
In the next page, you should make payment, which should run smoothly. Your card will be charged $1.17 for this process.

The first phase has been accomplished and now the second phase will begin. Relax and I will make your ride enjoyable.

Okay let us begin with getting a hosting account at www.NameCheap.com where you can get a domain name hosted for just $9.88. Amazing right? Sure it is! Now all we do is go here, where we shall be taken to Name Cheap site which looks like the image below.
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2016

Look at the image above and you will on the tap where we have Domains, Hosting, Apps and so on.

Hover your mouse over Hosting and select “Shared Hosting” and this will take you to the next page that looks like the image below.

Select “Value” in the far left corner and proceed to the next page as shown below.
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2016

Select “Use a domain I own from another registrar” which is the first option from the bottom and you will be taken to the next page. In order to make sure the process run smoothly to the next stage, I include a domain name I had registered as you can see in the image below.

Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2016
And then I hit the “Use this Domain” in order to make the “Continue” button, which is the faded red button on the right, to come alive. When that happened, I clicked on “Continue” so as to complete the process.

On the top right corner of you screen you will see “Confirm Order”. Hit the button and complete the process.
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by mukhcech(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2016
I am following every bits of the information you are sharing here. pls, before you continue, kindly share the link to your website that you created with this little funds.
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2016
Namecheap and 1an1 will send you an email notification after the regstration at both platform to confirm your order. They will also send you your account details such as username and password.

Since Namecheap is the hosting company, they will send you your nameserver, username and password to your email address. All you have to do is log into your domain name registrar and change the nameserver to what Namecheap sent. In order to build a website for your next project, send me a message if you need any help or assistance.

This will enable you to build a website or blog of your choice. However, that is if you know how to do it yourself. If you do not know how to build a website all by yourself, kindly reach out to me and I will explain it to you.

Now you have successfully registered a domain name and hosted it for less than $12. Amazing!

Let us do a little bit of math here to see if we exceeded $12.

Domain name cost is $1.17

Hosting cost is $9.88

When we add them together, we have $11.05.

Cool! Thank you for reading this blog post and if you have any question, please ask below and I will do my best to reply.

Source: http://www.careercounsel.com/build-a-website-2/

lalasticlala, show your brother some love. It took sweat to put this together and for the people
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2016
mukhcech:
I am following every bits of the information you are sharing here. pls, before you continue, kindly share the link to your website that you created with this little funds.
oh, just seeing this. It is very doable. Just follow the tutorial as shared and if you need any information, reach me here: info@careercounsel.com
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by Cyberfire(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
lazeal drop ur mail
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
Cyberfire:
lazeal drop ur mail
it was already posted on here. info@careercounsel.com
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by lazeal: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2016
did anyone have a question to ask?
Re: Recession: How To Register Domain, Host It For Less Than $12, Start Blogging! by karrim4real(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
Your whatsapp number bro... I get some issues on 1and1

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Group For Sale At Affordable Price / 8 Ways To Reduce BOUNCE RATE On Your Blog/website / I Got My Adsense Accoount Approved, No Earning Two Weeks Now Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.